[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys i'm actually getting close to a real answer to what

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 198
Thread images: 19

File: hawking radiation.jpg (55KB, 633x450px) Image search: [Google]
hawking radiation.jpg
55KB, 633x450px
Guys i'm actually getting close to a real answer to what the meaning of life is. I'm not trolling or making political point or anything that you'd expect on here. I'm going to do it and i'm very close to a real answer. If anyone here is actually willing to talk about this I am willing to explain.
pic completely unrelated needed something to allow me to post.
>>
>>718812083
There is no meaning.

Just don't be a dick, and do some good.
>>
>>718812083
I'm listening, go on and explain
>>
File: 1484068303584.jpg (6KB, 183x197px) Image search: [Google]
1484068303584.jpg
6KB, 183x197px
>>718812083
Im ready to talk about it. But im 10000000% sure ur troll. But i got some time to spare. So fuk it.
>>
Interested.
>>
whats the image of?
>>
You have my interest .. go on
>>
>>718812083
Seeking the meaning of life is like seeking farts on the sun without instruments.

There is no meaning
Do what you will
>>
>>718812083
life is not a term in a foreign language. 'the meaning of life' is a bullshit term. here and now you are alive.
>>
File: 1484300846699.png (65KB, 550x550px)
1484300846699.png
65KB, 550x550px
Op is fagget. He abandon us. Kill him. Rape his mother. Burn the bitch.
>>
>OP says he knows meaning of life
>OP stops responding
What if OP got vanned
>>
>>718812083
It's called love. You might find out that it's the meaning of life but you'll never find it nontheless.
>>
>>718813097
Fuking retard. Talking about love and shit. Gtfo nigger.
>>
OP here im ready
>>
>>718812083

a child writing big words ...
>>
Okay ill term some of the concepts to suit you guys. first of you need to understand that humans are just programmable in the language of knowledge. A human raised in the wilderness by animals would know nothing but to hunt mate and find shelter and there are some documented cases of this if you look for it. The point is that without knowledge humans are like a robot without any code, function-less.
>>
>>718813873
Everyone left OP. Stop wasting ur time and stfu nigger.
>>
>>718814194
Iam still in it
>>
>>718813873
ill give you an analogy so you understand what i am saying. Imagine 5 years after you are born another "thing" comes into existence and its sole purpose is to catch up with you. When it finally reaches you, you no longer pursue stimulation aside from things like sex which your brain compels you to do naturally. You fall further and further into a pit of nothingness. The longer you escape this thing the more you learn of the world and of the nature of life or "god". It can be avoided through stimulation and knowledge, not knowledge in the sense of sciences and maths. The knowledge that saves you is the same knowledge that allows you to form complex thoughts.
>>
>>718814252
Shhh. He cant see us retard. Y r u trying so hard to be a fuking cunt.
>>
File: IMG_8200.jpg (68KB, 768x960px)
IMG_8200.jpg
68KB, 768x960px
>>718814294
Continue
>>
Okay now without tying anything together or giving an explanation I am going to post this. You can debate or ask me whatever you want and ill answer.

You exist as a means for a higher being to further understand itself, the universe and the laws which govern it.
>>
>>718812083
>implying it isn't 42
>>
File: 1484337059841.png (100KB, 625x626px)
1484337059841.png
100KB, 625x626px
OP life has no meaning. U can easily hang urself and end it. Or u can just live a meaningless life until u die of old age. Stop trying to make sense out of nonsense. Ur putting big words together to sound like u know shit. But u dont. So stfu and fuk off cunt.
>>
>>718814564
That's not a meaning; that's a purpose. What agency or satisfaction should we take in any action if we're merely cogs in a massive, organic machine?
>>
OP, what caused the big bang?
And have they occurred in other parts of the universe?
>>
>>718814564
I kind of agree with you but i domt think it is for a higher being to understand its self. We probably live in a simulation tho
>>
>>718815040
I honestly think it's this.
>>
>>718814951
My working hypothesis is that the universe was created with certain parameters similar to whatever lies outside the universe and that organic species simply "discover" things in an accelerated time. The data discovered by every specie is harvested. Time is relative so this data may have been generated instantly for "them". When we smash protons together in the LHC they're travelling at close to the speed of light and anything that fast will have a much slower timeline (again REALLY not going to go into detail). so just the same way that time is much slower for that proton but instant to us, our universe's life is long for us but probably instantaneous for "them".
>>
>>718815090
>>718815040
It's a legit theory. As it stands, in our current existence, we're already playing and tinkering with simulations. If there's even just one other advanced civilization out there with similar technologies or discoveries - and they're ahead of us by only, say, 500 years, can you imagine just how advanced and convincing their simulations would be? What reason is there that we AREN'T in that simulation right now? Odds actually seem astronomically high.
>>
>>718814864
here is how you take satisfaction. You let that "thing" catch up to you. You settle down have kids and get married, watch your favourite tv show and allow yourself to decay.
>>
For our existence to survive we need to fulfil our purpose. So long as we do and we remain an asset we continue to exist.
There is no afterlife no heaven no hell. You are not rewarded for simply existing. DO EVERYTHING YOU WANT TO DO IN THIS INCREDIBLY SHORT PERIOD OF TIME.
>>
>>718815770
And what if I'm not content with decay? If I want to burn eternal through this world? I feel as if I'm imbued with draconic power, yet through all my triumphs, I have not felt satisfied. This "thing" you speak of should never catch up to me; I'll fight it down and continue on. What then, if not decay, is my purpose?
>>
>>718816186
You do not choose to not let it catch up to you. The short answer is that you prolong your life until you meet your biological limitation. Do you want to know the implication of this and the somewhat longer answer?
>>
>>718816623
Shoot
>>
Or just discover the non consuming flame like myself.
>>
>>718812083
The universe created living beins so we could discover how to avoid / survive the eventual heat death of the universe its a self preservation thing...
>>
>>718817131
I got to the same conclusion some time ago. I also think that if it's not us humans that reverse enthropy then it's gonna be some other lifeform. This makes us a process, a core part of existence itself.
>>
Life that you see is duality.

The primordial intellect that creates clauses.
>>
File: 1477101752689.jpg (16KB, 320x383px)
1477101752689.jpg
16KB, 320x383px
>>718817541
>we reverse enthropy
>universe reverts back to the sigularity
>restart
>>
Here's what I think:

Life is like a game. But you don't know how the game works and what it actually is, what is a main goal and what is just a decoy. You start collecting data even before you are born, but you'll never know what i the actual end game. And I don't mean death - as I said, life is like a game, you can finish it in 100% or in 40%. So, I assume, that the goal is to gather as much knowledge as you can. But there are some decoys, for example instincts or social needs, that keep humanity going on. And here's a catch - no one can finish the game in 100%. So, if you can't finish the whole game, you need to set a goal for yourself. And these goals are the meaning of life. They are, because we think they are, and that's important.
>>
>>718816676

You are allowed to live your life without self-set "realistic" limitations. You can go quit your job pack a rucksack and walk. Just walk, travel the world discover ancient places and artefacts, teach yourself complex mathematics or push your body to its absolute physical limit. Literally anything you can fathom of doing. The end result is the same, biological decay.
Nothing about your future is undetermined since you have no real free will. You will simply experience your life. It may well be predetermined that you today do everything mentioned above and although you think you chose to do this, it was bound to happen since the universe began. The only thing you can take solace in is that you "control" what you experience and it can be sitting behind a desk for 40 years or traversing mountain ranges hunting travelling the seas going to islands and exploring the deepest parts of the earth. You aren't part of the generation which can explore the universe in star-ships. There is no such thing as justice or fair in the universe we are not capable of "randomness" we just have a very large number of variables in our lives.
>>
Pursuit of long-term happiness is the meaning of life. Anything else is the pursuit of non-existence, thus can't be the meaning of life.
>>
Most humans actually give purpose to their life through having children and following a religious faith. It is ingenious, and i believe that someone came to the same conclusion as us a long time ago and did it to spare the rest of mankind. You keep a population dumb by providing "answers" so that they do not seek them on their own.
either that or they just wanted to immortalise themselves by creating something that outlives them.
>>
>>718814564
This is really wierd, i had this exact thoughts on an acid trip i had 2 weeks ago.
>>
File: 1484242521999.jpg (42KB, 335x500px)
1484242521999.jpg
42KB, 335x500px
>>718818318
Religion was created to keep people stupid so a few could be kings of the sandniggers
>>
>>718818327
Drugs have the effect of removing some of the self set limitations from your immediate consciousness for a short while. These limitations prohibit you from seeking answers to the most important questions.
>>
File: 1483137756332.gif (1MB, 350x462px)
1483137756332.gif
1MB, 350x462px
>>718818327
Psycadelics are fantastic
>>
I have just one proof. Knowledge which once i share with you, you would be seen as an anomaly or a pathogen if you will. Death will come to you sooner than you expect when you know it, and the fact that death will come to you sooner if you know it will reassure you that what i'm telling you is credible.
>>
>>718818526
I was visualising that us, humans, are the creation of a god, but there were more gods, and they were competing amongst each other in creating beings, and we were just the result of a game in a sense
>>
>>718818721
Of course, i cannot express in words what i was really feeling and seeing, it goes much more deeper than that, but that was the basic idea.
>>
>>718817950
After thinking a while longer, I came to conclusion that people are searching for the meaning of life because they simply can't understand randomness, that's why they say this or "invent" religions
>>
>>718818700
i will not post it of course since this knowledge escaping and becoming common will defeat our purpose of existing and we will likely stop existing. We would no longer be an asset.
This knowledge is peculiar in the sense that anyone who can come across it on their own will never speak it out loud because they know the consequences.
>>
>>718817541
The instant we no longer serve our purpose we will cease to exist. No one would experience anything it would all just stop. You wouldn't see black it would just be nothing. The complete lack of anything, you would not be conscious it would happen and everything would be over.
>>
Also should anyone make it here excuse my abysmal grammar i'm sort of giving this a half assed attempt and so long as you guys can understand what i'm saying.
>>
>>718819279
That pretty much sums up how I felt right after I woke up on the bathroom floor following a blackout when I stood up too quickly. I also "heard" Nicky Minay's Bees in the Trap
>>
File: 1483700997585.jpg (43KB, 480x686px)
1483700997585.jpg
43KB, 480x686px
>>718814564
This has been my running theory.

Have you read the holographic universe?
>>
>>718812083
>>
>>718819829
you recommend it?
>>
>>718817541
>>718817541
Exactly life is the universes end game to continue its existance.

Currently we are no where close to being advanced enough to stop/reverse entropy.

So we need to continue to survive and learn untill we can. Good news is we have a loooooong time to learn hopefully we wont destroy ourselves before then.
>>
>>718812083
What if we are all in a sim, and time is just the processing limitations of the computer we run on. Might be why when space expands, time slows down. More complicated, more processing power
>>
>>718812738
an explanation for why there are more normal atoms than anti matter atoms. math predicts that there should be nearly even amounts.
>>
>>718820408
we reverse entropy "they" end our existence.
>>
>>718814564
Metaphysics master race. This is pretty much my think on the subject.
>>
>>718814294
so reason come from "a force" but not until you are 5 or not at all if you are not in a society of humans who can teach you.

go on
>>
>>718821039
no i think you took my analogy in a literal sense. Reason is just action based on best knowledge.
>>
>>718814564
that is an extraordinary claim. do you have extraordinary evidence to back that claim up?

youve given something that is unfalsifiable but it requires mor assumptions to be made to assume that we are manifestations of one mind than it does to assume that the evidence that we have at hand which clearly shows as separate beings is correct.

occams razor and newtons flaming laser sword.
>>
Here's the actual answer:

We are actually a simulation, a damn game essentially, created by the Kae'iah race. There's many similar concepts like this, some people have already figured this out, like Elon Musk.

Me? I'm a 30th degree Mason, we all know this.
>>
>>718818700
Since dying is the only real proof of this knowledge wouldn't you be dead by now?
>>
>>718821328
kek. why elon musk?
>>
we as a specie were likely a side effect of the programme or simply server a trivial purpose in the universe while the universe on a whole serves the purpose of collecting data. Think of the laws of physics as parameters and then the universe as a simulation of what would be should xJ of energy be put into a singularity which is then with the addition of "time" allowed to expand. Then the interactions of every particle and energy with matter is simply data that is collected for an unknown purpose that we cannot fathom. The parameters set in the universe by "them" are similar to the laws which govern their existence and maybe ... "they're" seeking a way to exploit it.
>>
>>718814294
This thing could be similar to what Carlos Castenada coined as the Shadow entities.
>>
>>718815678
more importantly does it matter? if we are in a simulation we will never know most likely and even if we do its not like we will be able to suddenly change the rules all together. we would only be a part of the simulation not free agents. beyond that if we live in a simulation nothing changes in our lives. we simply continue to live as we have now knowing this fact.
>>
>>718814564
you're not the first person to have said that. but if you found that out on your own, good on you. it's actually a pretty old idea from hinduism. forget the term for it but it's something like "lia" or something. means "play." essentially the idea is that this is all a big game that the universe plays with itself to better understand itself.
>>
>>718814564
And you are also the higher being, ultimately.
>>
>>718812083
>meaning of life

>pic completely unrelated

Ahhktually.... the pic is more related than you could know my friend......
>>
>>718817131
interesting. that's what my mom believes. you're the only other person I've seen say that.
>>
We could spend all our money on scientific research which would allow us to create a universe of our own or some sort of simulation with a decelerated time which would allow us to be our own gods living eternally in a universe of our own design. The idea is about as alien to us as telephones were to the Egyptians.
This is one of a billion things we could do to escape.
>>
>>718818880
>im a liar and a troll.
>>
The meaning of life is to live long enough to successfully breed as much as you can then die.

There, easy.
>>
>>718821170
so whats this "thing" that "catches up with you" then? and why does it exist? what evidence do you have?
>>
>>718821793
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lila_%28Hinduism%29
I was close, it's lila
>>
File: smokin brahhh.jpg (8KB, 160x210px)
smokin brahhh.jpg
8KB, 160x210px
you are all wrong...... AND you are all right as well....

Don't you understand yet?

Just sit back, smoke one... and wait for it..... until we master the sub atomic universe we are on for a long journey ..... let's just not kill each other in the process or we will never see the real end.
>>
>>718822168
cool, I'm sterile so I guess I'll just wait to die
>>
>>718821627
It is bettwer than that. There are many analogies.

But one way to think of it is that a person is effectively a good clutch point to run a radix sort or bin sort of all concepts. your experience is traveling through that sort.
>>
>>718822168
That is inadvertently saying what i said.You live long enough to procreate, sustain the population, allow it to grow so that the date we produce is produced at an exponentially faster rate.
>>
>>718821494
he talked about how its likely that if a reasonable simulation of a universe as complex as our own could be run inside of our universe then in all likelihood we live in a simulation. of course this assumes that a universe like ours would be able to create a device that could run a simulation of a universe at least as large and complex as our own because otherwise the simulation idea becomes far less likely at best due to the inability to have infinite downward simulations within simulations. >>718821328
>>
File: pepe.jpg (182KB, 872x667px)
pepe.jpg
182KB, 872x667px
>>718814564
I came to this conclusion myself. I call it "The Human Brain" theory. I feel, like neurons, or a single simulation played out in a supercomputer, we experience and develop to compile this knowledge into some great final equation. We are utterly inconsequential, but serve to solidify a final hypothesis. Much like a neuron in a learned action.

I gain no peace through this though. I resent being born with the knowledge that I exist to die.
>>
>>718822226
again its not a literal thing. When i said "it catches up to you" i meant it in the sense that you simply live for the sake of living. You no longer ask important questions you settle down and marry, have kids, join societies ect. You then just decay, die.
>>
when the knowledge which you wont speak comes to you, you'll know it. When you know it you'll know the nature of god.
>>
>>718822794
what makes you think thats the case? and by what means is that the purpose of life? you are effectively saying that the purpose of life is not to ask and just try to be happy. that's a very pragmatic view point but does not constitute "the purpose of life"
>>
>>718820858
To be clear the universe is not conscious it more like a machine just doing what it does expanding and increasing complexity. The nature of the universe is change it can't be stagnant so once we reverse entropy everything will start to shrink so we would have to eventually restart the expansion of the universe inorder to avoid a "big crunch" scenario.
At this point we( read consious beings) would be in complete control of the expansion of our universe.

Its kind of like the universe is setting itself up to eventually have consious control over itself through the use of us as its consciousness proxyies.

So basically we are the "they" and why would we stop our own existance
>>
>>718822790
why do you come to this conclusion? what evidence do you have to support your theory that you live to gather information for a purpose that is unknown to you?
>>
>>718823011
>I say cryptic nonsense words that equate to "Have faith"
>>
>>718821953
Thats a smart woman
>>
>>718823061
no not asking questions is a simple solution in which anyone could be happy. There really is no "purpose" for life, that is an idealistic viewpoint. There is only reason for our continued existence is that we provide data, albeit not much.
>>
>>718823096
what makes you come to this conclusion? out side of "I would like to believe"
>>
>>718815678
>>718821741
This also ties into my theory of gravity. I think that gravity exists the way it does, as one of the only universal perpetual-motion phenomena, which we are unable to fathom using pure science, because rather than it making sense due to real natural physics, gravity exists because it was PROGRAMED to exist, to suit an end, rather than be created naturally.

Think about computer games: We create games with certain physics because it replicates life. Without gravity in games, they would become mindlessly repetitive and difficult to control. So the solution is program gravity to serve as a vehicle for narrative, rather than to replicate some real-world astrophysical constant that can occur naturally.

in short: The Universe needed it to be productive, so someone programmed it.
>>
>>718823096
we are by no stretch of the imagination "them" we are not even the most advanced civilisation in our own tiny galaxy.
>>
>>718813080
keek
>>
>>718823471
what evidence do you have to say that we "provide data" to anything? how do we do it? what is the end goal? what makes you believe this?
>>
>>718823296
I can only present you with knowledge, what you understand or take from it is entirely based on the series of events that led you to be who you are today, the knowledge you have attained and level of thought you are capable of.
>>
>>718821627
This is my view on things.
The universe or how ever many universes are simply a "test" or "experiment" for the supposed "them" or "it" to come to conclusions about much bigger things.
>>
>>718818880
Did you stare into the void too long as a child, like I did? I never tell people my epiphany, because I don't want them to bear the burden as I have done the last 20 years.
>>
File: fag.jpg (38KB, 217x391px)
fag.jpg
38KB, 217x391px
>>718815678
>>718815586
>>718814564
>>718814294
>>718813873
>>718812083
ITT: listen to me pull shit out of my ass
>>
>>718822790

Your mistake is believing the final equation has no bearing on you. Life and consciousness, our spirits and souls, become one. The bones that bind us turn to dust and each fraction of unique experience across all of us serves all of us as a central intelligence and a means of inhabiting new places and new forms of life, higher evolve forms, in this cold dark place that is the universe.

That is our purpose anon, to drive the force of life that has given us consciousness. Eternally splitting and reincarnating.
>>
>>718823508
>theory of gravity
because "assumptions about gravity" doesn't sound as nice.
>>
>>718814564
i'm pretty sure we exist for the sole purpose of creating an equilibrium because there is so much disorder, and our existence is just a means of decreasing entropy.
so there is no grand meaning, the human brain just want's to know more and thus it creates theories that seem logical
>>
>>718823853
Not humans as a whole, the interactions of the particles and energy which constitute us. The universe as a whole. So long as events occur the events could be what "they" are trying to record. we do not know what exactly they are trying to find only that they are looking for some data and it is contained in our universe in some form. If it wasn't the universe would serve no purpose and would cease to exist.
>>
>>718824196
i have to not only put up with the existence of people which have a complete lack of ability to form worthy thoughts, but then also entertain their existence.
>>
>>718823603
As far as you know...
>>
>>718823508
well then you could have a theory of light.
say that light has wavelength because somebody programmed it that way because then you can explain colours better
>>
>>718825163
colours are just reflection of light of certain wavelengths.
>>
ITT
>a bunch of 18-20 year olds just discovered philosophy
>>
>>718823497
Well this is just conjecture obviously i dont know the exact meaning of life. But mostly im just applying my reason to the details of what i understand of the universe. The universe is going to continue to expand faster and faster untill eventually even atoms are going to be torn apart. This will be the end of the universe. No natural known process can stop this. The only thing that has a hope of slowing down this expansion would be an extremely clever and advanced civilization who could take matters into their own hands and do somthing about it. Now in the universe everything has a purpose qwarqs form subatomic particles which then form protons, electrons ect which then form atoms and so on , on an ever inceasing chain of rising complexity. We are a part of that chain and the only way for that chain to continue is for us to somehow solve the universal death sentence that is heat death. We are the natural process the universe created to ensure that complexity can continue to rise.

Sorry about the grammer
Also im not a scientist so i understand that im making certain assumptions about things i dont understand but i think they are safe assumptions to make.
>>
>>718812083
What a douchebag
>>
>>718824020
you have no knowledge and provide nothing. enjoy your delusion and be happy having stopped asking the hard questions.
>>
File: 1406311125532.jpg (66KB, 627x598px)
1406311125532.jpg
66KB, 627x598px
>>718814294
>>
>>718824492
>If it wasn't the universe would serve no purpose and would cease to exist.
WHY!

what evidence do you have of this? what makes you so sure? how did you come to this conclusion?
>>
>>718825290
at the point of greatest expansion, it will reverse and contract, feeding its counterpart's expansion. The singularity is just the valve between two quantified verses breathing into each other. Within these two are portals to the alternates transfinite and definite sets.
>>
>>718825265
this. this. THIS

sad and pathetic for anyone outside their age
>>
>>718825697
Yea... Purpose is really only a practical human idea. Same with "meaning of life". None of that is real and none of it has to be a reality for the universe to exist.
>>
>>718825290
what makes you say that the universe is tryng to stop the heat death of the universe? why would it? what makes you think that it would try to stop it own end, have the means to, have the will to, or have any will at all. isnt it just as likely that the universe will just die and we are simply a result of the laws that existed within it rather then made for some goal?
>>
>>718823187
I draw parallels between a child's developmental momentum and the development of humanity in general: At first, it takes so much processing power for an infant to simply walk upright and babble before shitting itself. Eventually, the more the child's neurons develop, make connections and progress through experience, they experience a leap in learning and development. The capacity for advancement multiplies exponentially as the neurons develop a better web of communication between each other.

Now take humanity: We spent hundreds of thousands of years just living like Niggers, with a lifespan of 30, stagnating culturally and intellectually. But slowly, our lines of communication started to improve: language skills-stories-the written word-books-letters-libraries-telegraphs-telephones-televisions-tapes-computers-internet... As time progressed and we were able to share our scientific, cultural,technological and medical breakthroughs with increasing efficiency, so did our species begin it's rapid development into civilization. We advanced more in 3000 years than we did in the preceding 20,000 years. As our ability as a species to connect our metaphorical "neurons" developed, so did our capacity to expand our horizons and abilities.

Therefore I theorize that the course of human development mirrors that of a developing brain, which might add credence to the theory that we are, individually, a part of a wider "mind" that uses us to develop.

Ergo: The Human Mind
>>
>>718823603
I mean them in a universal sense as in we are a part of the conscious beings of this universe. Consiousness is a shared attribute of all highly intelligent beings. Stopping entropy is the job of all intelligent beings in the universe because if we do not well then we all die.
They are not somthing other from us they are a part of our universe even if they are aliens or what ever.
>>
>>718812083
Earth is flat. Youre welcome
>>
>>718824412
Without being conscious to appreciate it, I may as well be nothing. And to really contemplate the nature of nothing is one of the most heart-freezing things a person can do, provided they are aware enough to truly look at what that would feel like.
>>
>>718826188
so you assume that we are part of a single mind acting as its small coonectiong neurons like individual transitors unaware of the whole.

I got that already. now answer me this.

why is that you make the leap to say that we are one entity? there is no evidence to support this whatsoever other than equating all of life to being the same in concept as one mind which would be a logical fallacy.
>>
>>718824455
wasted double dubs.

A damn shame.
>>
>>718826686
you cant contemplate it. it cant be a word or an idea--that nullifies its non-existence. Basic stuff here.
>>
>>718826027
Because since the beging of time litterally the only thing the universe has done is increase in complexity if the universe end well so would the chain of rising complexity. Its the only thing i can do and its going to continue doing so even at its own paril.

I think a better question would be why is the universe trying to become more complex at an ever increseing rate.
>>
File: 1483482512627.gif (2MB, 500x249px)
1483482512627.gif
2MB, 500x249px
>>718812083
>>
>>718826686
why worry about something you will never be? nothing is a lack of not a void or eternal darkness.
like cold is a lack of heat.
>>
>>718812083
can i add you on skype? or anything we can use to talk about this some more?
>>
>>718826930
see >>718826818
>>
>>718813873
> raised by animals
> mate
with animals???
>>
>>718826843

there is no reason to it, thats the point

i would say that any form of energy leads to change of what is, so the simple existance of energy would result in the increase
>>
>>718825265
>>718825918

if you really had an appreciation of philosophy you'd be happy that more people are discussing it, at whatever level. My guess is you're burnt out and aren't enjoying these ideas so you don't want anyone else to either
>>
We live we die. I went through this phase. You'll get over it eventually, and realize that all this wasted time was pointless and more importantly worthless.
>>
>>718827251

detected a fellow "nihilist"?
>>
>>718826843
you are missing the point. the universe doesn't do anything. we live in it and by its rules. it has no will and is not attempting to create more complex things they simply come into existence over time due to the rules of the universe.
>>
>>718827179
not that anon, but get back to us in 20 years with that.
>>
>>718827062
you linked me to the thing I was responding to.. are you retarded?
>>
>>718827356
Didn't even know what that meant until now, and given the definition yeah I guess
>>
>>718825899
Thats assuming alot of things that have yet to be proven but ill let it slide because i pretty much did the same thing. That said most scientists will agree the the expansion of the universe will continue on forever if left unchecked also no one understands the singularity that started the universe thats why its called a singularity its a way to say idk but still sounds smart.

Also again im not a scientist and accept that i am probably wrong
>>
>>718826843

Complexity only arises when there's a surplus of energy, all the complex stuff that happens on the earth is pretty complex but is only possible because the sun is pouring energy out of the solar system, and some of it hits us. Once that energy stops everything on earth starts to decay and the complexity goes with it
>>
>>718824774
I see it as akin to being a human in the Matrix, who is surrounded by programs. They exist and live lives, but they'll never achieve a level of self-awareness that makes them anything other than programs. This could apply to the smartest scientist or the dullest fry-cook. They have their abilities, but cannot remove themselves from the program long enough to realize reality.
>>
>>718812738
>>718820812
its actually hawking radiation. its the proof that black holes actually obey the second law of thermodynamics and decay like everything else.
>>
>>718827179
Its not so much the content but the way its being discussed. Its as if they think no one has ever had a single one of these thoughts before. Nothing is more funny than undeserved cockiness and that's mostly what this all is. If they keep at it long enough they'll cringe at this as much as we do too and that's fine. We all go through that stage because we have no outlet more often than not and thus no one to discuss it with.
>>
>>718825163
Well, think of it pragmatically: Light is needed for certain phenomena to occur which will prove beneficial to the simulation. Therefor "Light" was made to expedite proceedings. Same with heat.
>>
>>718827588
No but apparently you are, check the post #s
>>
>>718825265
I am a 32 year old carpet fitter who has traveled the globe and seen truly amazing things. There's always time to explore the theoretical.
>>
>>718827638

well to be fair, existentialism is similar, you should look it up too, just to make it clear

but in the end its a "label" follow it if you want or not, doesnt matter
>>
>>718827773
the only thing it assumes is balance.
>>
>>718828336
I don't disagree anon. But spouting amateur philosophical ideas as if they were fact isn't the way to do it. That's how religions are formed.
>>
>>718822790
Ok, listen OP, you're not right. Furthermore you're not wrong. Your hypothesis is mere speculation and cannot be backed by observations such that your claim is an immediate consequence. You need to make a lot of assumptions for this. I will grant you that some things point into the direction you've pointed towards and as other people have already stated, this idea has come up in different shapes a couple of times throughout history, like in hinduism, and to give a modern example, the German philosopher Hegel explained this idea and put a more stable foundation to it than a neurophysiological analogy. If interested, you could look into his lectures an the philosophy of history for an easy access or if you don't mind complicated thoughts, try reading the science of logic.

For quite some time I was a friend of this idea and thought it would be true but ultimately I came to the realization that it probably isn't and if it were, that in the end, it doesn't even matter. One thing, I don't know why, it doesn't even matter how hard you try.

No, seriously, what you think of does not deserve to be called a theory with the explanations you gave but I'm not continuing to write to discredit you based on academic standards and morals; I'm doing so to actually discuss what's true.

Metaphysics in no way serves the purpose of discovering truths that can be known. If you argue with Kants view on metaphysics, namely that it is possible to have scientific metaphysical thoughts, then yes, that is true, but his metaphysics was essentially based on discovering the structure of your mind. However, he got into some serious trouble later on in his critique of pure reason but I won't get into that any further.

To work with what you've actually said: you speak of a higher being. What is that? What did you observe that made you think of a higher being? In what sense is it higher? In which way is it even a being? I don't even really know what you are talking about

cont.
>>
>>718828027
It sounds like youre saying its pretentious to talk about philosophy if you dont fully understand it. more laymen should be having this conversation and less academics anyways. not to mention you could spend a life time and not learn every philosophical precept. im not the person you replied to btw.
>>
>>718812083

the answer is does think about it mortyyy
>>
>>718823853
>>718823497
>>718825697
>>718825697
You keep demanding evidence, but this is a theoretical forum. We fire ideas off of each other to contemplate each other's perspectives. If there was evidence, this whole symposium would be moot.
>>
>>718817948
>>718817541
if you think about it the big bang was a reversal of entropy in the most primal form.
>>
File: 1.1 Kramer 1.gif (799KB, 200x189px)
1.1 Kramer 1.gif
799KB, 200x189px
>>718826265
my God...
>>
I doubt this stupid ass race will make it another 1000 years. Even if a point to life exists we failed to evolve and are currently going backwards. Getting dumber and more degenerate. This site is a perfect example of where society and life is heading. Just a bunch of broken neanderthals that can do nothing but fuck, eat, and sleep. The stupid create waves of morons while the intelligent realize the miserable future and die out.

As the air becomes less and less breathable, the ozone deteriorates and the population of starving diseased, druggy degenerates fly past 8 Billion and counting.
>>
>>718814564
Heard this one before kek
>>
>>718822376
Why wait?
>>
set out your case
>>
>>718828671
That isn't what I said. I said its something everyone goes through when first diving into this area of inquiry. Its just bothersome when they present these new ideas as "fact" when a little more digging into the subject nullifies the certainty that comes with not exploring the line of thought to its extreme where it will dissolve.
>>
>>718828834
yet these people pass off their ideas as if they were knowledge of the truth. therefore give me evidence of these ideas. if its purely arbitrary and just an exploration if thought that's fine but that is not how they were repeatedly presented.
>>
>>718827365
When i say the universe i mean the processes that govern this place we exist in. I understand it does not have a will. Processes take place and as a consequence complexity goes up. The universe does not have a goal it simply is but everything within it does serve some sort of purpose nothing exists in isolation or simply to exist and i would argue that applies to people as well.
>>
>>718812905
>Burn the bitch.
Him or his mother?
>>
>>718829191
Go to college and study physic and related.
>>
>>718823508
>I'm unfamiliar with the anthropic principle, therefore god
>>
>>718828336

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.
>>
File: IMG_2773.jpg (660KB, 1365x2048px)
IMG_2773.jpg
660KB, 1365x2048px
>>718814564
Hmm? Oh yes, I read that same thing almost exactly in Dr. Monroe's works. That isn't a new idea. He said we are like god's dream, our reality is a dream-simulation of the Creator so he can better know himself. You plagiarised Monroe almost word for word accidentally or not. Good try OP
>>
>>718824304
basically being viewed from a space/time location orthogonal to the universe 2 dimensions up?
>>
>>718828663
Then you also speak of the being wanting to understand itself and the universe. Yeah, nice idea, suitable for some fictious novel. Again what makes you think that? What observations did you make that back this up?

You put forth an argument involving that you "feel" like we're part of a simulation. Explain this. A simulation of what? I mean a simulation is always an abstract image of a "real" thing. What's the real thing here? Are we not? Because I think we are "real". What we desire is the realest thing there is, it is immediate, sometimes you don't even know the desire and nevertheless you follow it and if your mind has access to understanding what you feel, it poses as an aid to fulfill your desire.

Don't get me wrong... See, I'm a theoretical physicist and am very well familiar with the idea of quantum computation for example and can think of the universe as a quantum computer with each atom carrying necessary information for a certain computation, probably even the computation of its own evolution. I mean ultimately our minds function is to (imperfectly) determine the necessary actions for a desired evolution of ones own state, and given the physics, I can easily transfer this idea onto the universe. Yeah, there's the idea, but I simply don't know, and although proving it would surely be enjoyable as an intellectual snack but that's it, in the end, it doesn't even matter. One thing, I don't know why, it doesn't even matter how hard you try...
>>
>>718829191
>everything within it does serve some sort of purpose nothing exists in isolation or simply to exist

provide some evidence of that?

what makes you say that all things have a purpose? is it not more likely that nothing has a purpose? purpose implies and intended goal.
>>
>>718812083
No meaning.

At all.

I mean you could argue moral or immoral drive and ego and the like but it's all just pulled straight from asses.

There is no point, and life has no obligation to make sense to any species. No matter how self-important the species is.
>>
>>718814564
I believe in a higher being with infinite understanding, so I disagree with your conclusion. The meaning of life is a test for each individual, your "freedom" to do anything you want will be your downfall.
>>
>>718812083
Are you retard? Study some Zen Buddhism and closest thing to truth you'll find is that you need live, that's all.
>>
>>718824304
OH so youre saying were data collecting agents for higher dimensional aliens harvesting us for knowledge about the universe on our scale.
>>
>>718826818
No. YOU can't contemplate it. That is the difference. I have and it changed me fundamentally.

I anticipate a scoffing response, belittling this, but the reality remains the same. It is not basic stuff to me, because I am able to perceive it. It is the same thing that drives men mad, seemingly without reason.

I am trying SO hard not to seem like a Coldsteel edgelord when I write that. Believe me, I fucking HATE pretentious twaddle, but it's the only way I can articulate myself. Do with it what you will, it doesn't do me any good to try and explain myself further.
>>
This is not a meaning of life thread. This is the op wishing aliens were real and inventing the reason they would create us.
>>
>>718827826
Ah but where does that energy come from ? Did it exist before the universe or did the big bang create it? Even empty space has a large amount of energy in it . We simply are not able to access it but plank enery is everywhere
>>
>>718828338
Nihilism sounds more like it. I now want to know why people make so many belief systems while knowing that others exist. Seems to strange to me.
>>
>>718812083
The meaning of life is simply to experience.
I exist because i choose to, whether through obligation to others, family, friends, strangers or to myself i allow those thoughts and feelings to exist, therefore so do i.

Every single being is either

A. A physical manifestation of their own will
Or

B.. A physical manifestation of my own will

Fron ages 14 to 18 i conciously pushed myself to higher levels of thinking which one day culminated in my realization that i had reached my peak of mental/ physiological awarness. I knew the answer amd instead decided not to approach it, not to speak it. I was 18 uears old and had done nothing with my life. A hard life with very little joy is no life. I decided to step back and truly experience the reality i was presented with. I or some OTHER must have created this reality with a purpose, and it would be a shame to not experience an artists work, however obtuse or cold it may seem.

I can always bring myself to higher conciousness again through thought, meditation, and sheer force of will when i feel the time is right.

If this physical representation of my will dies before i decide to though, then it wont really matter, will it?
>>
>>718829734
okay why do you believe in this higher being?
>>
>>718826818
i disagree, i know nothingness.
>>
>>718829030
wise words from a wise man
>>
>>718826696
It's a theory. If I had fucking evidence, I'd be one of the most important people of the modern age. Take my concept and look into it yourself, maybe improve on my theory. But continually asking people to produce evidence on their cosmic hypothesis is inherently asinine.
>>
ITT: douchebags arguing over nothing.
>>
In fact, OP, our level of consciousness is cutting edge new stuff compared to whole of creation out there. In our good and evil are choices and free-will is key. We are actually the most interesting beings in the multiverse. Most beings are so connected to Divine Creator there is almost nothing new out there. Be happy the life you live is a brand new type of existence and Earth has the best examples. Most beings going thru this good and evil + free will lose it and kill themselves very early on. We have survived this long because a new type of existence is emerging here on Earth, it is the Third Way and is neither good nor evil, just pure self-serving consciousness. We are truly fascinating tbh
>>
>>718829849
>i've decided I know something that most people dont hat I cant explain it.
>>
>>718814564
literally plot to Dark City
>>
>>718830096
No. The theory is asinine unless evidence exists in any verifiable form to help validate it.

Right now all you have are pretentions toward a possible theory with a more likely case being a mental illness.

You need something to point to other than guesses based on nothing anyone else could perceive.
>>
>>718828390
A balanced universe quickly destroys itself. You need an inherent asymmetry in order for their to be matter left once all of the antimatter has been annihilated
>>
>>718829659
I kind of agree. Purpose is a concept that, if used correctly, determines the goal of an action that fulfills a desire. To transfer this concept to unconscious matter is somewhat strange and out of place. If you'd leave out "that fulfills a desire", then yeah: the action, defined as the space-time integral over the Lagrangian density, has a "goal" that can be read off the resulting Euler-Lagrange equation for the specified particle or field or whatever... but that's not what he's talking about: by trying to find a "purpose" of all the things that are he necessarily gets into the trouble of having to assume a structurally similar mind that can have a purpose to let the atoms dance on his strings as the universal puppet master, i.e. a higher being; thus, the higher being is not a consequence but was blindly put into the equation in the unconscious preassumption hiding in the misuse of the concept of a purpose. Cheers.
>>
>>718830096
when they talk about it as if its a fact that they know to be true then I will question their beliefs and I would hope that they question their own beliefs as well.
>>
>>718830038
Don't be upset, the concept to them is as alien as a cloud is to a fish in an aquarium. There are others like us, we don't have to carry the rest on our shoulders.

The irony is, they are the lucky ones, because they don't have to carry the scar of seeing what awaits us. I am fundamentally ruined by my knowledge. It turned me into an absurdist nihilist who is unable to function as a program anymore.
Thread posts: 198
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.