[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is anyone else completely fucking sick and tired of "nostalgia"?

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 8

File: berries.jpg (24KB, 423x377px) Image search: [Google]
berries.jpg
24KB, 423x377px
Is anyone else completely fucking sick and tired of "nostalgia"?

Seems like every single washed-up 27-37 year old is now five feet up his own rectum desperately trying to recapture some idealized vision of his middleschool/highschool years, and the entirety of pop-culture is happy to bend over backwards to satisfy that delusion.
I genuinely feel sorry for the kids of today. They won't have anything good to claim as their own. The average 13-year-old tweentard is bombarded all his life with the same old shit of the 80's, 90's and early 2000's, only repackaged in shittier and less heartfelt form.
>>
>>716417259
ooooooh, member samurai pizza cats
>>
>>716417259
Amen
>>
>>716417259
36 year old here. I was never like this until recently, and I agree it's pretty gay.
>>
member when there weren't as many Mexicans.....oh I member!!!
>>
>>716417259
Really? Cause I'm not that way at all. I prefer progression over nostalgia. Whats nostalgic is all the young fags learning things for the first time and crying about it like its something new. Aka electoral college
>>
>>716417259

Why do you care
>>
File: gabennonneed.jpg (722KB, 3328x1872px) Image search: [Google]
gabennonneed.jpg
722KB, 3328x1872px
It's because we are all fucking gullible, and most of us are spending away blindly on remakes, the biggest example being the Star Wars franchise, which has long lost its glitter.

If we we're any smart, we'd stop encouraging this bullshit with our money, and in turn, the message would be to ask for something new and fresh.

There is constantly new art being created, lots of it profound and thought provoking, be it music, movies, you can always find something refreshing, but that also means, making an effort to find it.

I suppose there is beauty in that as well.
>>
>>716417259
I've got to tell you having grown up in the 70's that while I agree with you to some extent about the nostalgia, most of that shit is still better then anything new that is being made in most avenues.
>>
File: 1477721576998.jpg (35KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
1477721576998.jpg
35KB, 630x630px
Ooooh member the original 4chan?
>>
37 here, recently bought a snes and some games, feels good man.
>>
Hey, we're "old"!

We're entitled to whine about stuff that really wasn't even that good when it existed in its own time!
>>
The kids of today will remember Minecraft and FN@F, don't you worry OP!
>>
>>716418802
No. Any semblance of 4chan has been lost post-2009
>>
>>716418731

New "Star Wars" would be good if Disney would give us the IMPERIAL CIVIL WAR.
>>
>>716417259
We have to make everyone stop eating member berries, but how
>>
>>716417259
Been tired of it. At 33, I'm all about revising my perception of happiness and optimizing My life. I don't kill myself over the past but don't ignore it either. I'll play a game or watch a movie from my childhood or young age, but after the story is over. It's time to close the fucking book; turn to a new page, and pick up the pen.
>>
File: 1481843875160.jpg (12KB, 240x207px) Image search: [Google]
1481843875160.jpg
12KB, 240x207px
>>716419139
>>
>>716417259

Nostalgia used to be a lot cooler. These days it's become a cheap imitation of the emotion it once was. Things were so much better in the 80s. Listening to grandad talk about WWII, man, that was some real nostalgia. Everything was better back then.
>>
No OP you faggot. The problem is we don't have a word for short term nostalgia.

I'm 26. I have fond memories of early mid 90s and early 2000s shit. But I admit I have feels for things only a few years ago

But we lump memories into one word. Something 5 years ago shouldn't be nostalgia. Something half your life ago would be.

Also fag not all nostalgia is ties to name brand shit. I have more memories and nostalgia for simple shit. Events. Feelings. School. Stuff like snow storms. Etc

Also you think 90s babbys are the only people to talk nostalgia. My parents and grandparents have said a lot about how they feel bad for us today because kids are treated like idiots.

Watch stand by me. Think any kids so that kinda shit? Today they would just iPod dead body pics. Probably have a curfew. A phone
>>
>>716417259
It's because we're not "washed up," cumpuddle... we have the money, so we spend it on what we want.
>>
>>716419306
>The problem is we don't have a word for short term nostalgia.

It's called being emotionally stunted and unable to move on.
>>
>>716418972

Seriously. What's so difficult about an IMPERIAL CIVIL WAR?

The Empire falls apart after the Emperor dies. Easy.
>>
File: Shining-freezing.jpg (184KB, 1280x959px) Image search: [Google]
Shining-freezing.jpg
184KB, 1280x959px
>>716418415
>This.
I member being shocked to find out America isnt a democracy/cops aren't your friends/ school does nothing to prepare you for the workforce/ redpill etc.
College sucked ass.
>>
>>716417259
It sounds like you're jelous that we had the best childhood ever and you're stuck with social media and youtube celebrities. Haha fag.
>>
>>716419448

Tell me about it. Most fans just can't handle the idea of Captain Empire and Iron Sith fighting each other instead of the Rebels, though.
>>
>>716418802

I member!
>>
>>716418883

newfag.
>>
File: images.png (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
6KB, 225x225px
>>716419383
One has nothing to do with the other, überfag.
>>
>>716419580

That's just stupid. All Disney is doing right now is telling us the same damn stories all over again.

I want to see Imperial Warlords fighting the Empire guys who are trying to bring back the Old Order.

The First Order is boring and laughable.
>>
>>716419713

go to krautchan.
>>
I member when South Park was actually funny and didn't have to rely on creating forced memes to stay relevant.
>>
>>716417259

member moot?
>>
>>716419786
This season is pretty damn good.
>>
>>716417259
I agree. We're way to far into retro culture. Remakes, reboots, retro fashion. It's too much. It's a product of the rescission and harsh economic times making people crave a better time in their past.

Has there ever been a generation of kids who believe they were born in the wrong generation?
>>
>>716419713
They're absolutely related. Let me spell it out for you.

Market nostalgia. People respond with money. Continue to market nostalgia and rake in dough.

There's money to be had there, so we can't be that washed up.
>>
>>716419298
Hipster
>>
yeah guys, wtf i have been membering way too much ever since last summer, it's getting pretty serious. I can spend several hours a day membering. I life in finland and it's cold and dark here so i started membering the good summer days and now my friends call me a fucking member berry. They even photoshopped a picture of me with my face half member berry. I think this is getting out of control. I can't do anything about this. I think im in need of rehab or some shit.
>>
>>716418646
God, what a shit, nothing question
>>
>>716419889
Tldr
>>
Kids today are missing out. Kids no longer get fucking toy cars. Science kits. Dolls. Trains. Action figures. No they want iPod shit and Apple music gift cards

Halloween is a joke. Used to see kids 10 to 17 trick or treat. Egging. TPing. Kids being sashats

Now all they do is smoke pot and fucking watch let's plays

But tell yourself it's all fine that kids would rather watch YouTube videos and spaz instead of going out

90s kids are the last generation of kids going out. Not stuck playing Xbox and steam and LPs. We biked. Walked. Went to stores for AC when it was 90 out and you'd walk miles

Kids in the future will be lazy fat fucks. I barely see kids ride bikes. Maybe a few in the summer. Used to be a lot

But fuck you OP. You don't hate memories. You hate name brands.

And nostalgia isn't about name brands. It doesn't matter that it was blockbuster you went to as a kid. Or n64 you played. It's about actually going to a place for movies and games. It's about playing some pixel tier console when you had to do split screen
>>
>>716419742

>All Disney is doing right now is telling us the same damn stories all over again.

Because Lucas arranged Star Wars based very consciously on broad, universal archetypes and story structure. Everything is going to seem like the original story, because the original story was a retelling of the fundamentals of EVERY story.
>>
>>716419786

u just don't get it.
>>
>>716419863

Out of my head, out of my mind.....thinking I was born in the wrong time! I want to rewind!

Wish we could turn back time.....to the good old days.....when the mamas sang us to sleep but now we're stressed out.
>>
>>716417259
>unironically bitching because his dad's generation isn't making his art for him

Every day I am thankful that I'm not a faggot millennial, holy shit. How about you build your own culture like every generation but yours has already done.
>>
>>716420029

If the current generation keeps ruining Halloween, we're going to have to make it an adult holiday.
>>
>>716420032

We haven't seen Imperials fight each other in a full-fledged, multi-faction civil war yet.
>>
>>716420029
OP hated brand names, but you just sound like a Luddite. Go live in a cabin in the Yukon if you are so tired of modern convenience garnered from an internet connection.
>>
>>716419786
South Park fucked itself in the ass trying to maintain their originality. Know why?

Liberals got everything they wanted.

Gays can marry. Anyone can get a sex change. Abortion is legal. Immigrants are loved. Women make the majority of students and graduates. Being white is bad.

What else is there? US is SHIT now. We need nationalism and conservatism before we turn into Sweden and Germany.

But you can't be an edgy cartoon of progressive freedom if you support conservative values, right?

So dies South Park. The cucks chose the trend instead of what we actually need.
>>
>>716419863
>We're way to far into retro culture.

Until you realize that ancient Rome romanticized and pretended to be even more ancient Greece.

You are just old enough to have noticed that shit now is a rehash of shit when you were younger. You just haven't realized fully that everything back then was a rehash of even older shit.
>>
>>716418731
I quite liked Star Wars ep 2 and 3. Not so much 1.
>>
>>716417259
>being this emotionally invested in cartoons
>>
>>716420631
they would've been better with real actors and script writers. and also if someone had shot lucas before they started on it.
>>
I agree
>>
>>716417259
Nostalgia did inspire Vaporwave, Retrowave and Witch House though.

All solid genres of music.
>>
>>716417259
Don't worry kid, eventually you'll be old enough to feel nostalgic about your past.
>>
>>716421025
If ur a fag
>>
>>716421205
The thing is, I did - up until a year or two ago. Now I'm just sick of it all, hence this thread.
>>
>>716421243
Gtfo hick.
>>
>>716421461
Vapourwave is soo 2014 u fag. Nd no one listens to salem anymore. So ur a Fag.
>>
>>716417259
Kind of hard to stop, when all millenials have given us is a new depression, while stealing our childhood icons because they don't have any ideas of their own.
>>
>>716421626
>sooo 2014
>calls other people fags
>>
>>716417259
20-40 year olds are the largest group of consumers when it comes to popular media. The people making the new star wars and star trek and other nostalgia based media know this and try and cash in on their rose tinted glasses. The best thing you can do is not contribute to the market research that says remaking old franchises is profitable. Avoid remakes and reboots and speak with your wallet.
>>
>>716422115
It is just the facts i use to prove fag. U not cool fag.
>>
God I miss the Star Wars EU.

The new canon SUCKS.
>>
Member moot?
Member being able to post images over 2mb?
Member not having to use the site as if you're on dial up?
>>
>>716422291
>it's bad because it's old.

You should stop listening to music edglord.
>>
>>716422491
Not wat I'm sayin, u act like tryhard by listening wat u think is hip nd current. When shit is recantly old 'faggot hipster trend'. It just means ur a massive faggot.
>>
>>716421243
Vaporwave is fun, youre just being cynical
>>
>>716417259

God forbid the media industry is catering to the group of people with all the money. Think of the children!
>>
I'm all for nostalgia revitalizing or even creating genres. Cyberpunk is becoming popular again, vaporwave esque music is sprining forth. t'sall good. What I don't like it the "..Hey let's make another starwars movie, let's make another ghostbusters movie", etc.
>>
>>716422712
Vapourwave is ded. The mems hav stopped.
>>
>>716422690
Who the hell listens to music because it's hip and current? I'm not 12.
>>
>>716422948
New gostbustersbwas really funny film
>>
>>716422948
Cyberpunk was never popular. it just took a few years for the mainstream to catch up.
>>
>>716423017
U are 12 nd u post music u lik cause ur tryhard faggot. The memes r ded now. Anon doesn't think u cool.
>>
>>716422974
>listens to music bases soley on its value as a meme
Wew
e
w
>>
>>716417259
>80's, 90's and early 2000's
How's it feel to be underage?
This has been society for forever. Welcome to growing up.
>>
>>716422948
>>716423104
Cyperpunk is ded.
>>
>>716423148
I'm not the guy who originally posted that retard. I just recognize retro wave and vaporwave are good generes of music.
>>
>>716423166
U r the one who doesn't understand the quality or power of memes. U were confused by rick Ashley. U r confused now, u don't even watch meme reviews.
>>
I have a friend who's like that. But today is the best time to start making a life better than any good memory you ever had.

And are you kidding? I would have loved to have grown up during this time era. Beats the shit out of the 80s and 90s. I can't imagine how incredibly awesome it would be to be 8 years old and playing the insanely good looking amazing video games we have out today. And access to youtube on top of all of this? I'd be in heaven.
>>
File: CG.png (16KB, 523x472px) Image search: [Google]
CG.png
16KB, 523x472px
As soon as we teach you how to meme your on here trying to brag about being a newfag and how it's better.

Goddammit newfags. Get off my lawn.
>>
>>716419863
well im 25.

but i drive a car older than me on purpose, listen to classic rock etc play old ass video games
>>
>>716417905
I member
>>
>>716423208
Cyberpunk has to be a thing first to be dead. It's always been a fringe genre of science fiction.
>>
>>716423271
Now ur havin identity crisis. It isn't gud music its derivative and has lost meme vaule. It was only fuc cuz meme
>>716423452
Its ded cuz it was never a thing. Forced meme at best.
>>
>>716423340
The funny thing is the kids today aren't playing video games. They're watching other people play video games on twitch and youtube. The only games they play are mobile games and shitty mobas.
>>
>>716423677
Mobile games r best, the legend 27 lool
>>
>>716417259
>>716417259
Damn right. Back in my day, we didn't have nostalgia. We seized the goddamn day and we fucking liked it.
>>
>>716417259
Everyone goes through nostalgic periods in their life and there is literally nothing wrong about it.

In fact it's a common therapudic practice "remembering a point when you were happy".

I can only imagine that people who hold no value whatsoever towards nostalgia must be in their mid teens where they haven't lived long enough to have much to be nostalgic about.
>>
>>716417905 ahhhh yes I member
>>
>>716423555
Kid you have zero context. Stop arguing about things you only have a child's perspective on.
>>
>>716417259
Today's kids are so bombarded with nostalgia because their generation cannot create an identity for itself. They are so used to everything being done for them, they can't even think for themselves, so they get shitty used nostalgia
>>
>>716423949
U kno nothing bout how value is decided, when saint pepsi stopped makin vapourwave, meme was ded. Same for cyber punk. U don't kno how to do a meme ornwat best memesnr pleb
>>
>>716417259
My childhood bullshit used to pander to me, now they don't. Sorry I enjoy things I like. You're welcome to keep enjoying MOBAs and Game of Thrones, I'm going to continue enjoying emulating old games and watching shit I remember from childhood. Because that shit was made for people like me, and most new stuff just doesn't click with me.
>>
>>716424172
>cyberpunk is dead

Blade runner 2 teaser released this week.
Cyberpunk 2077 in the works probably going to be the biggest game when it's released.
>>
>>716417259
i mean it was only 10/20/30 years ago.
give it some time. pretty soon youll only be mourning your 20s and 30s
>>
>>716423208
No it's not, they're making a sequel to blade runner. A new ghost in the shell movie. And not to mention cyberpunk 2077.
>>
>>716424722
No one cares or will buy those things, i only liken things that are memes and same is with most modern ppl.
>>
>>716424947
No one cares it isn't a meme. It as much of a meme as millhouse. And millhouse is not a meme. Also everyone know s there won't be earth planet in 2077
>>
>>716424987
Lemming likes his memes. What else will the Internet decide for you?
>>
File: 1481974172841.jpg (75KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1481974172841.jpg
75KB, 640x640px
>>716425107
>No one cares it isn't a meme.
what the fuck are you talking about.
>>
>>716425109
If your not into memes ur not cool. ur only mad cuz ur lame nd not into memes.
>>
>>716425205
I only like things that are memes.
>>
>>716425234
Nooo I'm cooler than you. I'm the memest meme to every maymay. My memes are so dank that I guarantee you've memed them more than once.
Thread posts: 106
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.