[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Serious question /b/.. Should I go to dinner with my family

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 21

File: IMG_0312.jpg (67KB, 680x683px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0312.jpg
67KB, 680x683px
Serious question /b/..
Should I go to dinner with my family for Christmas?

I am an only son with two sisters. I come from a very wealthy and religious family, I grew up very comfortably, but I was constantly bombarded with dogma and religious guidelines I had to follow. Physical and mental abuse in the lords name was common.
When I turned 18 my parents gave me the options of working under my father, become an evangelist, join the military, or forego my family's wealth and any hope of inheriting anything. I chose the last option and left within 3 days of my turning 18.
I'm 26 now, I live halfway across the country now, have a normal average paying job, live with two roommates both of them are great women who I trust more than anything, I can honestly say I am happy.

I haven't spoken to my parents since I left, but somehow they tracked me down, called me, and want me to go to dinner with them in 2 days. They're literally on a plane flying here now. What do /b/?

Asking because everyone is just telling me to do what I feel is best, but I really don't know.
>>
Yes.
Family is very fucking important.
>>
Just humor them. They are your parents. Also you will get more money when they die if you are nice to them.
>>
>>716215109
No.
If they physically and mentally abused you in the Lord's name as you said, then they deserve nothing from you. You didn't ask them to fly down here and have dinner with you, they just said they were coming. They are likely trying to get back in touch with you just to pull you back into their clutches. Fuck em.
>>
>>716215232
Being family doesn't mean anything. If someone treats you like shit, then they can eat shit.
>>
>>716215109
Join them for dinner.
>>
>>716215109
If you haven't spoken to them in over 5 years, why should you feel any obligation to go?
>>
>>716215109
You got spanked and slapped around by your dad as discipline because it's in accordance to their religion. Be greatful you narrow minded little cunt.
>>
Free dinner and a chance to tell them to fuck off if they do pull a curtain over your head?

I'd go for it.
>>
I'd go, there's no harm in it. They could be telling you some serious news etc. or may actually apologise. However, if they're just being dicks again - you are a free man. Tell them straight and walk out like the alpha cuck you are
>>
>>716216251
Spanked and slapped around is more than an understatement friend. I'm well aware of the fact that I grew up wealthy, and better off than most. I left all of that behind for a reason. Everything I have now, is because of me. I dropped out of a kushy life of luxury to work with my hands, and to build my own life. I'm not a child complaining that life wasn't fair to, I just honestly don't know what to do in this situation.
>>
>>716215109
Join them for dinner, but walk in with a stack of atheism books by Hitchens, Dawkins, and Harris. Tell them you've found the truth. Then take a shot of bourbon, and walk out the door whilst flipping them a double bird.
>>
>>716217103
You're one part courageous and three parts retarded.
>>
>>716215593
That's what I feel like they're doing, they're just looking for an in. They don't like the fact that they have a son who is what I've heard my father refer to as "the lower class".. Me being the only son, of an only son, of an only son, I am the last branch, having kids was a big thing in my childhood. "My duty to God" as my father put it.
>>
>>716215109
You may as well OP, doesn't seem like you can lose anything
>Also follow-up greentext if you do go
>>
File: why dog why.gif (2MB, 500x335px) Image search: [Google]
why dog why.gif
2MB, 500x335px
Your parents gave you an ultimatum, either do what they want or leave. You left and you need to stick by that decision. Don't have dinner with them and tell them to not contact you again. By humoring them all you'll be doing is showing them that they still have some control over you and they will try to bend you to their will again or make your life unhappy. You say you're happy so you stick with that. Don't be like the puppy in the .gif
>>
>>716217103
What I've found in life is that skipping out on different events, unless they're outright dangerous or stupid (and even sometimes then) leaves more regrets than not. Even if they treated you like shit, they're still family, you don't get to replace your parents even if they're total trash. Worst case scenario you show up and they try to pull you back into things or admonish you for your lifestyle, but even then at least you won't be left wondering, and can continue to live your own way with even more justification. But maybe, just maybe they won't be as shitty as your remember, and that could be a good thing.
>>
>>716217304
Having been wealthy, and then be quite literally living in a tent poor. I can honestly say I'd rather be where I am now, with a decent job, good friends, and a modest life. Than go back to the yuppie, cookie cutter, bullshit life I had as a child and a teen. If that makes me retarded, I'm okay with that.
>>
>>716217709
Oh and some people in the thread are saying that by going to dinner with them might show that they have "control" over you, if you're really worried about this just pay for your own meal, and arrive and leave on your own terms. I think there's a lot of people who are angsty/mad at their parents (in many cases totally justifiably), but they're still human and in giving them a chance you're being the bigger person. Like I said, if they act the way that made you leave then boom, one evening wasted and you can move on without looking back. But it's possible that they have regrets just like any other humans do.
>>
>>716217709
This makes incredibly good sense to me.

I just don't know how to even go about being around them anymore.. Do you know those people from your past that are from so long ago, that you start to question if they were even real? That's how I feel about them, it's getting increasingly stranger the more I think about it.
>>
>>716217543

that is probably what it is then. your father is worried that his 'name' is going to die with you. and are going to try to guilt or force you into making them grandchildren. sign up for a vasectomy tomorrow before you go to dinner.
>>
>>716217951
That was already the plan if I did go. Both of my sisters are still heavily involved in their lives and probably think the same about me as they do, I know at least one of them will be there as well.

I honestly don't see them having regrets though, they're the kind of people that believe that the more they dig their heels in and defend their position, the bigger their house will be in heaven.
>>
>>716218165
That's the bigger problem I'd think. Are your sisters coming? Regardless, if you do decide to go, go with positive attitude, don't go there guns blazing blaming them for past wrongs (not that I think you'd do that), but maybe focus on telling them about yourself (this is what I did, etc), if they had good intentions in raising you then finding out that their son is independent and made an honest way in the world they should be reasonably happy. If they're really hyper religious they may get preachy though so it may be best to avoid that, if possible. In either case, good luck anon, no matter what you're in control of your life now.
>>
>>716218249
I've looked into if my insurance would cover one for me. I've always felt that me being the last one was natures way of telling us that it's coming to an end.

Decided at a young age that the ship was going down with me.
>>
Why the fuck are you worried about them? What are they going to do, kill you? Be a decent human being and entertain them for the time of Christmas. They took the time to plan all that they did, so why not at least let them have something decent in their lives as well? Are you so selfish that you can't spend just a day with your family?
>>
>>716215109
Go. They're pieces of shit and you know that. But they're also family. Be guarded, but open. People generally don't change, but it's not impossible that they want forgiveness. Don't lose frame no matter what happens. Godspeed anon.
>>
>>716215109
bad idea fuck them
>>
>>716217709
>>716217951
This guy fucking gets it, go to dinner with them. They can't rope you like cattle and drag you back to that life style. You're an adult and you can tell them how you feel without any repercussion if it comes to that point, but maybe it won't have to. I hope you go and I hope things go better than you expect.
>>
File: 3ycLqCA.jpg (238KB, 1366x769px) Image search: [Google]
3ycLqCA.jpg
238KB, 1366x769px
>>716215109
"lol you threw me away and now you're want to see me? fuck that, I havent had parents the last 8 years and now youre just gonna pretend you didnt fuck me over? fuck off"
>>
dont open old wounds
>>
>>716218771
I'm not worried about them doing anything like that, I just don't know if it's worth it to do it. The way I'm feeling now is that I am just going to go through with it and get it over with, if anything for myself.

Them "taking the time" to plan all they did was most likely them making a few phone calls to somehow find me, then having my fathers assistant set everything up. It's not like they've went out of their way, trust me..

And in case you've missed something here, I've spend my entire adult life proving to myself that I wasn't an uptight selfish bastard.
>>
>>716215303
This.
It's easy to be nice to people if there is money involved.
>>
>>716219313
Be selfish. It is very rewarding.
>>
>>716215109

Go, OP.

This is one of those things where you'll think about it down the road and realize you had nothing to lose in going through with it.
>>
File: Dekolleté.jpg (75KB, 1024x1001px) Image search: [Google]
Dekolleté.jpg
75KB, 1024x1001px
>>716215109
well anon as i see it there are two possibilities: either you go to dinner with them and regret it for a while or you don´t and possibly regret it for the rest of your life. i know it´s easier said then done but i think it´is quite obvious what i´d choose in your position...

oh and pic unrelated
>>
>>716215109
go there and fucking tell them that they were a dick to you all those years
>>
File: 1365723279015.png (729KB, 401x801px) Image search: [Google]
1365723279015.png
729KB, 401x801px
You at least gonna come back and tell everyone what happened if you go?
>>
File: cawfee.jpg (12KB, 206x193px) Image search: [Google]
cawfee.jpg
12KB, 206x193px
>>716219313
Exactly, you're feeling the way you are right now is because you want to get it over with, and if you put it off for a later date, that won't solve your issue. Go out and solve your issue by meeting up with them and humoring them.

That's the absolute definition of going out of their way to find you. It doesn't matter on how many quantifiable steps it took them to find you, what matters is that they had the intent to do it in the first place and made the steps to try to solve the ill barriers that are between you and them. They want to fix whatever is troubling you, and you're only harming yourself by not accepting.

Grow a little fucking sense of humility and accept that you want to be selfish. You left in the first place because you wanted to do what you wanted to do. That's the definition of selfish.

>>716219553
No, it's fucking not.
>>
>>716219289
This is my main concern..

And the biggest part of me is saying this>>716219098

But fuck it, I guess I'm gonna go. The anons saying it's better to regret doing something than to regret not doing it are right. I'll post greentext of how it all goes down after the fact. I'll use the same picture.

Goddamn it, this is going to be awful.
>>
>>716219928
Good luck OP
>>
File: nigger cock.jpg (95KB, 400x353px) Image search: [Google]
nigger cock.jpg
95KB, 400x353px
>>716219922

You don't deserve those double dubs. Being told, "Do what WE want you to do with YOUR life or leave" is ludicrous. Leaving was not selfish in the least. You faggot. Suck one of these.
>>
yes,
even if just to gain perspective from your childhood/ teen years. Whats the worst that could happen?
>>
>>716219928
I'm in it 100% now, I just confirmed with them that I would go..
>>
File: 1365703932628.gif (1MB, 240x135px) Image search: [Google]
1365703932628.gif
1MB, 240x135px
>>716219928

Well when do you think you would be posting?
>>
File: cawfee.png (303KB, 470x419px) Image search: [Google]
cawfee.png
303KB, 470x419px
>>716220431
Who the fuck said that I didn't support him leaving, you moron? Are you retarded? Are you reading shit that wasn't written down?

It's OP's choice whether if he wants to leave or not. If he wants to stay there and be controlled by his selfish parents, that's his choice. If he wants to leave, sure, it's selfish, but that's still his fucking choice. The best thing he could've done was found a middle ground, a state where no one is selfish. That didn't happen, though, so at least one party had to be responsible for being selfish.

selfish - Concerned chiefly or only with oneself
Don't try to bend the definition to be what you want it to be. Just because he was selfish doesn't mean he's the anti-christ, you absolute fucking mumbling buffoon.
>>
File: nigger cock2.jpg (127KB, 396x400px) Image search: [Google]
nigger cock2.jpg
127KB, 396x400px
>>716221153

Dude, if you wanted another to suck you could have asked instead of writing a short story.
>>
File: cawfee.png (66KB, 185x304px) Image search: [Google]
cawfee.png
66KB, 185x304px
>>716221457
>no argument
I thought so.
>>
>>716220607
Well the arrangements are set for 2 days from today, so I'm expecting it to be Christmas Eve, unless something changes.. I will post after I get home from the meal, explain everything to my roommates, and have a few drinks...
>>
>>716221511
>>716221457
There is no need to get into an argument because of my thread. I know what I've done, and I'm aware of the consequences of my choices, and what it says about me. If it's selfish then so be it.
>>
File: baby bat.gif (1012KB, 210x200px) Image search: [Google]
baby bat.gif
1012KB, 210x200px
>>716221653
cool will keep an eye out, good luck!
>>
File: cawfee.jpg (19KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
cawfee.jpg
19KB, 450x338px
>>716221818
>>716221653
Good luck, then.
>>
File: nigger cock3.jpg (63KB, 400x286px) Image search: [Google]
nigger cock3.jpg
63KB, 400x286px
>>716221511

You're assuming I read what you said. I didn't, I just saw your second coffee cup sipping picture and it reminded me of a really fucking annoying woman that posted with the same type of images. So you get nigger dicks.
>>
File: cawfee.png (219KB, 340x368px) Image search: [Google]
cawfee.png
219KB, 340x368px
>>716222568
Alright, alright, that's enough, you autist. If you want to spam OP's thread with black dicks, you don't have to reply to me in order to do it.
>>
>>716218717
And yes, I assume at least one of my sisters will be there. My older sister had a family of her own, but my younger one is only 16, so she'll probably be there.
>>
File: nigger cock4.jpg (57KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
nigger cock4.jpg
57KB, 400x300px
>>716222828

Sipping coffee gets you cocks.
>>
File: nigger cock5.jpg (47KB, 477x600px) Image search: [Google]
nigger cock5.jpg
47KB, 477x600px
>>716222471

I swear you must be the male version of her. She had a billion pics of real women sipping from a cup.
>>
>>716215109
You should kill yourself Christmas morning.
>>
Thank you anon's, honestly. I'm very thankful for your opinions.

Here's a shitty picture of a long time ex's tits for your help. Best I could do in my current situation..
>>
OP still here?

Set something up with one of your roommates. Have him on standby so if things with the parents starts going south text him or something and have him show up and be all sorry im late. Then you get to stand up be be all mom, dad, the real reason i joined you tonight was for you to meet by boyfriend... you get thf picture.

Religous fags always love the gays.
>>
>>716225083
Op is here, both roommates are female. Somehow I think they'll hate that more than me being gay.. I'm sure you've heard the phrase "living in sin"..
>>
>>716225009
Those titties are perfect btw
>>
>>716225286
Have em dress their sluttiest and bring em both with you. Refer to them as your bitches.
>>
File: dorothy.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
dorothy.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
>>716215109

yo OP let me tell you something, christmas is wack because its religious. religion is motherfucking gay, and should be oppressed, but if you gotta eat you gotta eat.
>>
>>716215109
Give them a chance. You guys haven't spoken in years. It's not like they're flying up there for shits and giggles.
>>
>>716225688
Yeah, they are great. She was fucking insane though, in a very real way. She ended up spending time in an institution.
>>
No, fuck them. They basically threatened you in order to try and make you do what they wanted. You called their bluff and left, fuck them. You're happier now.
>>
>>716225814
>>716225827

See>>716219928
>>716220494
>>716221653

I'm going. On principle alone, I can't back out now.
>>
>>716215109
My father was shot when I was 8. I'm 27 now.
Yours abused you with this religion bullshit.

It's not a fair question to me.
In my case I would say "OMG Dude a dinner with my dad is something I would love to do today" because of how life is. But again, it's a personal call. Only you can tell what you felt about religion pressure. I'm an atheist btw.
>>
>>716226181
You'll regret it, anon. Good luck though. Make another thread after christmas and let us know how it went.
>>
>>716225715
That hadn't crossed my mind, but after everything I've told them about my parents, and after how close we've gotten, they seem to hold more resentment towards them than I do. Or at least they're more vocal about it. I can at least have a decent meal with them, while maintaining some form of decorum. They wouldn't be able to do that.
>>
>>716226532
>i'm better than them
>the post
No, see, this is why your relationship with them is as bad as it is now.
>>
Why pretend to keep it up? They weren't good to you. No parents should ever give their kid an ultimatum like that, they sound like insane control freaks. If you go, they'll realise they can still control you, and you won't be able to get out of it because you've already let them in. They tracked you halfway across the country after all the shit they did. You say they could maintain "some for of decorum", but what's the point? You don't owe them anything.
>>
>>716226181
and remember OP..
>>
>>716226309
I'm not sure what I am at this point anon. I guess you could call me an atheist, but it's different for me at this point. Do you remember how in school we were taught how bad sex was? How it was going to destroy us and so on? That's how I feel about religion now. I've read the Bible, some of the Dead Sea scroll translations and even a bit of the Torah, and it all just has no effect on me anymore. Religion made sense when I was under their roof, it was easy. But after living and being on my own, one thing that has become apparent to me is that no one knows what the hell their doing, no one has the answers, everyone is just winging it..

The men who wrote those books were doing the same thing.. I'd rather just focus on the well being of me and the people I care for..
>>
>>716226867
No, I suppose I worded it wrong. If anything my roommates are much better people than me. They're more honest and more up front about their emotions. They would end up speaking their minds and though they would be in the right for doing so, it would put a damper on anything decent that could come out of this dinner..

These girls pulled me out of hell, in no way do I consider myself better than them.
>>
File: toplelgtafags.jpg (109KB, 667x720px) Image search: [Google]
toplelgtafags.jpg
109KB, 667x720px
If you live in the South East USA, like Florida or Georgia, then maybe before or after dinner someone could potentially mess with their vehicle and cause it to explode in ball of flames?
>>
>>716215109
Go. Get your name back on the beneficiary list of your father's trust and be done with it.

Trust me, money is important if not to you, it will be for your possible future kids. In all honesty that is what is best.
>>
I'd go, but be cautious about not letting them treat you like a child. I mean, be respectful, but be sure that you make your views, opinions, and decisions clear. But that's just me.

Good luck.
>>
>>716228369
If I'm being honest, I've thought about revenge of some kind. But if I have faith in one thing alone, it's remorse.

Maybe not now, maybe not 10 years from now. But eventually they'll look back, they'll look at who I am, what I've done, and they will know what they've done.

"You know, I've been getting a lot of advice on how to deal with you. Stand up to you, tell on you, but I kinda realize there's just people like you out there, all over the place. When you're a kid things seem like they're going to last forever, but they're not. Life changes. You won't always be around. Someday you're going to die. Someday pretty soon. And when you're laying in that hospital bed with tubes up your nose and that little pan under your butt to pee in. I'll come visit you, I'll come just to show you that I'm still alive and I'm still happy. And you'll die, being nothing but you" - butters stotch
>>
>>716229035
See>>716218732
>>716217543
>>
This is simple OP, go to the dinner be polite but don't bend over, if they try to take control call them out on their bullshit and advise you're doing perfectly fine without them and have been for a while now and if they want you so badly back into their lives to the point of having you tracked down they'll have to control themselves.
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.