[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people smoke despite knowing the consequences? It smells

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 256
Thread images: 27

File: Cigarette.jpg (18KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
Cigarette.jpg
18KB, 750x500px
Why do people smoke despite knowing the consequences? It smells foul and destroys your lungs.

Why the fuck would a sane person begin smoking tobacco? Addicts, explain please.
>>
>>715469983
the feeling you get.
>>
>>715469983
not everyone thinks it smells like shit. also huge stress reliver
>>
>>715469983
Been smoking 12 years, it is a current stress reliever, but it's a shit habit I wish I never started
>>
Not a smoker myself, so I asked smokers the same questions. It relieves stress a little and they also need to hold something in their hand. I smoked joints mixed with tobacco and after a while of doing this at the first smoke the tobacco kicked in and I felt relaxed for for a fraction of a second. Realized I was craving tobacco and stopped smoking completely for a few months. I am okay now.
>>
Not a smoker anymore but I smoked for around 3 years.
My job was stressful as fuck and had way too much responsibility for my age at the time. Started smoking just to leave the building for 5 minutes or so at a time and get my mind off of the work.
I quit smoking around a month after I left that job.
>>
>>715469983
>It smells foul
Only if you're a faggot
>destroys your lungs
How'd you know that?
Have you done some research about it?
>>
>>715469983
Dopamine. Smoking, just like gambling, sex, stealing, working out, and eating sugar releases dopamine in your brain. This is the chemical that evolutionarily told us to continue what we were doing.

Fast food causes cancer and other similar health risks but faggots don't get all emotional about it like smoking.
>>
>>715469983
It tastes and feels good. That's pretty much it. I like smoking so why should i stop? It doesn't affect my job, relationship, my house, or recreational activities so why should i care?
>>
>>715469983
I like the fact it's slowly killing me
>>
It creates a dependence but not in a good way where you feel good, it makes your brain used to a certain amount of chemicals and activity and your brain becomes desperate for it when it lacks it (kind of like xanax except xanax actually makes you feel good)
>>
>>715470219
This
>>
started at 15 because I thought I was cool. Started heavily smoking during my first job due to stress and 7 years later im currently on day 3 of trying to quit eating my second packet of aldi thin mints trying not to head up to servo to grab a deck
>>
started when I was 12 to look cool, 20 years later I just quit.....last week in fact
>>
It helps me not do hard drugs that i want to do. Also serves as a good reward system for completing work. "Do this for an hour and i get a ciggy"

Ultimately, i hate living with my species, so this will speed up the game in a socially acceptable manner.
>>
>>715470454
Damn, good luck anon. Keep at it.
>>
>>715469983
Because i thought i was being edgy and cool and turns out im super prone to cigarette addiction. I just couldnt stop once i was hooked.

I also got a dna test done for unrelated reasons and it came up that if i ever start smoking im likely to be a heavy smoker with issues quitting.

Tl;dr i was an immature wanna be cool edge fag with a serious disposition to nicotine addiction now dealing with the consequences if my own stupidity.

Ive been fighting hard this year. Im on quit 3. Quit 1 was 6 months, quit 2 was a month, and im on quit 3 right now. Holding on for dear life. This is it.
>>
It happens when people can't solve their problems and build a need for something that confort them.
>>
>>715469983

>mfw when I don't have to worry about lung cancer, heart attacks or a build up of tar in my lungs in the immediate future
>mfw when I have no face
>>
>>715469983
Why do sane people smoke weed. The smoke is no better the tobacco smoke......
>>
>>715469983
Because I'm addicted, fucking idiot.
>>
>>715470529
live near a city? if you answered yes then your statement could be very wrong
>>
finally learned how to
  ▲
▲ ▲
>>
>>715469983
self pleasure
it's the same with any other drug
>>
i grow my own tobacco plants and pure dried tobacco tastes way different than all the other shit cigarettes have
>>
>>715470324

All right, I get that smell is subjective,
but how can you deny it causes damage to your lungs? Do you believe in a flat earth too?
>>
>>715469983
An economic perspective:
1) Stress relief / habituation - once you've already started, it's something you need.

2) "Time" relief - cigarettes are perfect for short breaks, related to (1).

3) Social benefits - if you go clubbing, partying w/e, going for a private cigarette with a potential mate is the best excuse these is for some time together.

4) Peer pressure and observational learning - you learn from your peers and your parents, and cigarettes may not smell that foul when you're frequently exposed to it already.

5) Consequences are long-term but gratification short-term. If you assume hyperbolic discounting of a person''s utility function, the short-term is always preferred to the long-term even if the latter has catastrophic effects.
>>
>>715470476
You're doing god's work, anon.
>>
For those who have quit and started again: why?

Once I quit I found myself repulsed by cigarettes... I can't imagine something making me take the step to pick one up again
>>
>>715469983
Fuck you faggot
>>
File: tmp_2463-2761cy9u725x-687201298.jpg (152KB, 779x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_2463-2761cy9u725x-687201298.jpg
152KB, 779x1000px
>>715469983
I am the Hammer,
I am the edge of His Sword,
I am the tip of His Spear,
I am the mail about His Fist,
I am the flight of His Arrows,

I am the right hand of my Emperor,
I am the instrument of His will,
I am His Sword as He is my Armor,
I am His Wrath and He is my Zeal,
I am the Bane of His Foes and the Woes of the Treacherous,

Let us be His Shield,
Let us speak His Word as He fuels the Fire of Devotion,
Let us fight His Battles, as He fights the Battle at the end of time,
And let us join Him there, for Duty ends not in Death,
In Vengeance be true, In Valor be Strong,

I am the Hammer,
I am the Sword,
I am the Spear,
I am the Shield,
I am the soldier at the End of Time.
>>
>>715470590
I just started becoming a pot head actually and im 29.

Our governments pushing for legal recreational weed and the scientists came back saying the greatest risks are to people under 25 as their brain still develops. After that its pretty mild unless you smoke it, but i eat it.

Seems i picked a decent time to start. Its to date the only thing that makes my brain stop screaming. Doctor thinks i have a less obvious form of OCD.
>>
Helps coming down from meth
>>
>>715470737
Because you're out partying one day and you get drunk.
>>
>>715470529
Nigga if you live in a country with internet, you still have to worry about lung cancer. Shitty food makes you more prone to heart attacks then smoking 2 packs a day.
>>
>>715469983
pleasure
>>
>>715470780
>Doctor thinks i have a less obvious form of OCD.

Kind of curious to know some of your symptoms.
>>
>>715469983
I smoke on and off, usually only when I'm out partying, and in highschool during breaks.
smoking has got me laid big time, lots of girls who smoke are generally cool and way more social and easygoing, in comparison to stuck up girls and shy girls who both think casual fucking is as bad as a cigarette.
besides to light one up together after sex is amazing, and smoking also gives you more conversation tools. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhblZwp9ESU)
>>
>>715471305
*when is was in highschool during breaks
>>
>>715470454
Consider getting into vaping. Just don't be a douche about it. I was a pack a day smoker for ten years and then switched to vaping and haven't had a smoke in 4months. I don't even want to smoke one anymore.
>>
>started smoking at 15
>smoked everyday for 7 years
>now smoke only when drinking
>Never crave cigs unless drinking
>nicotineaddictionisalie.jpg
>>
>>be anti-cig
>>go to college/uni when i turn 18
>>eventually get drunk and try a cig (had smoked weed before but never cigs)
>>drunk cigs turn into sober cigs
>>couple months and i'm a full blown addict
>>get cranky as fuck if i don't smoke for a while
>>one night smoke several cigs back to back
>>wake up feeling like total shit with chest discomfort
>>realize these things are literally killing me
>>quit cold turkey by age 19
>>never buy cigs again
>>VERY occasionally (read: 2-3 times per year maybe) will get blacked out drunk and smoke a cig
>>always feel shitty the next day
>>remember why i don't actually smoke anymore

I feel like the first part of my story is how people get addicted. I'm just lucky that I quit after only a few months of feeling "addicted" but many people don't get to that point until they're so far addicted physically, psychologically, and socially that they have a tremendous time stopping or quitting.
>>
>>715469983
>Why the fuck would a sane person begin smoking tobacco?
Because we were young and stupid.
That's why I'm in the process of quitting.
Been doing the gum for a month and going to switch to the patch for the new year.
Should be nicotine free by Feb.
>>
>>715469983
Chipper smoker here. Been smoking less than 4 cigs a day since I started 2 years ago.

I say less than 4, but it's usually closer to 1 cigarette, and only because I'm living with a friend that smokes. I only smoke in social situations, because I find it "enhances" conversational attitudes. Makes me want to talk about deep stuff. I feel kinda cool, but I don't care much about being cool.

I sometimes go long stretches (1 week or 2) without cigarettes if I feel I'm smoking too much. Usually though I just skip a day. Another reason I smoke is because I'm well edcuated on the risks, and find the risks marginalized when "chipper" smoking.

I will quit before age 30 when I feel my lungs are becoming less durable.
>>
>>715470108
What kind of faggot situations did you get yourself into to where you need to smoke to relieve stress instead of handling it like a rational person?
>>
>>715469983
Shits nice man. I used to be like you at first. Hated it because especially because I grew up around it. But I smoked one when I was drunk and high and it was beautiful. Was smoking for about 2 years and now I'm a faggot and vape.
>>
>>715470864
THIS
>>
>>715470324
>being this idiotic

My sides
>>
>>715471140
When my brain gets on a topic it doesnt let go for hours. I vocalise my thoughts, out loud if im alone, or quietly with my mouth if people are around.

I also have intrusive thoughts of cringey things ive said or done i cant control. When that occurs i have a loud outburst that seems like tourettes.

I thought it was tourettes forever but tourettes is constant and unrelated to thoughts, and my outbursts are transient and related to thinking.

Uncontrolled thoughts are medically referred to as obsession and the vocal part is a compulsion ie something I MUST do to accompany those thoughts or in the case of outbursts, relieve the thoughts.

Hence OCD.
>>
>>715469983

>implying being super healthy is worth anything
>>
>>715472691
I have a full life and its not damaging. Its annoying and a bit embarassing at times. I still have a healthy normal life and relationships even though i can off put people who dont know me.

So i am not receiving treatment and my doctor is more playing with the idea than he is actually pursuing a diagnosis. Its more for self trivia than self help
>>
>>715469983
Some people have destructive personalities. There are all sorts of dangers associated with cigarettes, alcohol, drugs, and even casual sex, but so many people don't care about the known consequences.

They wish to "live in the moment" and then justify their actions by suggesting that they aren't hurting anyone. To be honest, people like this can do whatever they want, but if they whine and cry that they have lung/throat cancer, lose their job, get an STD, or miss out on life events... then I tend not to have any sympathy for them.

They chose to do something where they knew the consequences. If I jump off a building, there will be consequences. If I become paralyzed (instead of die), then why should anyone feel bad for me? Harsh? Absolutely. The truth hurts.
>>
>>715470416

this. Also What's the point of living after 50
>>
>>715469983
You answered your own question idiot. They're addicts. Do you not know what that means?
>>
>>715469983
i wonder the same every day
>>
>>715472789
>THIS

The only people that want you to live along time are people dumb enough to create unrealistic emotional attachments to you (i.e. Oxytocin addiction, or believing you "posses" someone) or your government wanting to keep strong and healthy workers.

There's not a hard purpose to living. It's usually more pain than pleasure. Anyone that really loved you would want you to be able to die at a reasonable time in your life.
>>
>>715470219
just fucking quit then ye scrub
>>
>>715469983
I was 14 and didn't have any weed. My friend had some cigarettes and I was a broke ass fiend so I tried it. Got dizzy giggled and fell off my skateboard. Thought it was cool. Got hooked cause I'm prone to addiction.
I'm 30 now. After battling an alcohol, coke, weed, and meth addiction, I'm 7 months clean and sober, and one month cigarette free. I vape and it works for me, but I know a lot of dumbfucks who vape and smoke cigs.
>>
>>715471717
Good for you /b/ro. Don't fuck up.
>>
>>715472985

I was asking WHY they became addicts you fungi-infected thundercock.

Did I really have to explain this?
>>
>>715472691
This is exactly, exactly what I have. I'm amazed to hear that someone else has been doing this, because I've been having trouble even describing it to my doctors. OCD has come up a few times but more so as an idea rather than a diagnosis.

>>715472823
>So i am not receiving treatment and my doctor is more playing with the idea than he is actually pursuing a diagnosis. Its more for self trivia than self help

Same here, anon. Is weed the only thing that has really helped with this?
>>
File: 000179a7.jpg (47KB, 600x803px) Image search: [Google]
000179a7.jpg
47KB, 600x803px
>>715469983
mere drug addiction. used to smoke 12 years. today cannot bear how that shit smells.
>>
>>715472926

>>715472926

Many people tend to regret smoking once it causes irreversible damage.

Some people even lose their vocal cords due to smoking. If you make it past 50 whilst being a heavy smoker, you're gonna be in for some real torment.
>>
>>715473703

curiosity, stress, not giving a fuck

after that phase addiction kicks in and for a lot of people(myself included) the pros aren't that convincing to put it down.
>>
>>715469983
Cigarettes are a stimulant. It helps me focus when I have to stare at a wall in a dish pit. Also they feel nice when it's 20 F out.

Why do people drink coffee when if smells foul, destroys your teeth and gives you liquid shits?

I'm a coffee person too, but it because it isn't stigmatized it's easy to view it highly
>>
>>715474077

and? We all die as old fucks.
>>
>>715470477
This.
>>
>>715470108
Until you need one and dont have one then it will cause more stress then it ever relieved
>>
File: 1459001057193.gif (2MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
1459001057193.gif
2MB, 360x270px
>>715469983
basically what these guys said:
>>715470034
>>715470108
>>715470219
>>715470281

Weed is very expensive in my country so everyone smokes it mixed with tobacco. Started smoking weed when I was 16 and I was obviously smoking tobacco too. I didn't start seriously smoking cigs until I was 17; I had a girlfriend who was a heavy smoker.
I have since stopped smoking weed but I still smoke cigarettes because as others have said here it helps to relieve stress.
>>
>>715473756
Weed has been the best quick fix. I take it, its gone.

In public i have to actively search for something new to occupies myself with. Sometimes breathing deep helps, but not always.

In the car if im annoying myself ill out on music and sing along. If i dont sing the thoughts will come back.

Its also better at night which makes me wonder if coffee plays a role.
>>
>>715469983
I smoke very rarely but if I have to be in university 6 hours after it working 6 hours, I smoke a cigarette to stay awake and go into working mode, it helps me to keep pushing. but this i dont do often. Or if I have to drive 4 or 5 hours in the night even if I am not tired, it helps me to focus, maybe im bullshitting myself but it works for me. Its like drinking a coffee.
>>
>>715470108
>>715470219
>>715470315
>>715470454
>>715470715

you fucking morons, the only stress relief is the relief of smoking after you crave it because of your addiction
your total stress is much higher than those who don't smoke

are smoke fags really this stupid
>>
>>715470590
The smoke is actually much better and a couple little puffs will get you high for hours.
>>
>>715471881
You must not have a real job or bills or a wife or a kid or ambitions or anything else you can't get rid of that causes immense stress on a regular basis that you have literally no control over. When you're an adult and you have to buy your first house and your wife doesn't want to move out of the city and you don't want to pay $500,000 for a 1400 Sq ft condo you'll understand why some people smoke occasionally and why your fee fees about the smell couldn't mean less to them.
>>
>>715474843
This. Plenty of studies confirm.

After a cigarette youre as stressed as you would have been as a non smoker but removing the stress of withdrawal makes it seem like its a stress relief.
>>
Its a good way to shorten the wait and enjoy something at the same time.
>>
>>715470383
>It doesn't affect my job
only smokers work at shitty jobs like as a cook
>relationship
quality people would never date a smoker
>my house
you will be in a shock when you have to sell your house to afford the chemo to keep you alive from the cancer raging inside of you in 10-30 years after you start smoking
> recreational activities
do you not do any type of physical activity?
>>
>>715469983
the buzz and something to do and why the fuck would a sane person want to live long?
>>
File: 1470506100602.jpg (31KB, 460x672px) Image search: [Google]
1470506100602.jpg
31KB, 460x672px
>>715471440
As gay as vaping is it does help allot
>>
>>715474843
Says the overweight btard huffing his inhaler and while looking for his blood sugar tester because his feet are swollen.
>>
>>715469983
They start smoking when they're too old for weed. So like around 14.
>>
>>715474886
>You must not have a real job or bills
You realize that smoking costs 8500 dollars a year if you smoke a pack a day
are you really this fucking delusional, smoking literally causes you to have less money to pay for bills!
>>
>>715470590
Just because there is some other shit people smoke doesn't justify your shit habit
>>
>>715475167
It's not even worth debating with you fucking smoke fags
you are so cucked by smoking no matter what you will always try and justify it to yourself and others, everyone else sees how sad and delusional you guys are
>>
>>715474508
Sometimes to get rid of the discomfort of not vocalizing or squinting/twitching, it works for me to just start playing a certain tune in my head over and over. Usually it's a christmas jingle or the fugue in g minor.

I guess that's a sort of compulsion in itself, but it's better than anything else when I'm in public.

>Its also better at night which makes me wonder if coffee plays a role.
For me anything anxiety-related seems to correlate with how often this happens. It probably does make sense that coffee could worsen it.
>>
>>715475554
Everyone knows smoking is bad for you, fatty. So are lots of things. Plus cigarettes still beat weed.
>>
>>715474886
Except I have a kid and a house and a wife and a pet and school loans and bills. Sorry you're a cuck with a shitty job and a shitty wife that does nothing but stress your poor little feelings out.
>>
I don't smoke frequently but I like to keep a pack of Lucky Strikes around because on occasion they sound nice. I like the taste and the smell of the smoke, and if I've had a long day, the act of smoking can help reduce stress. Still, I tend to be bad about letting my cigs go stale - takes me more than a month to finish a pack, generally.
>>
>>715469983
>Why do people smoke despite knowing the consequences?

>Why do people eat excess sugar and fat despite knowing the consequences?

>Why do people drive fast despite knowing the consequences?

>Why do people gamble despite knowing the consequences?

>Why do people have unprotected sex despite knowing the consequences?

>Why do people pollute their environment despite knowing the consequences?

>Etcetera, etcetera.
>>
>>715477234
>faggots
>fat
>idiots
>retards
>idiots
>smart
>>
>stress reliever

It's not a stress reliever.

The "stress" you feel before smoking a cigarette is the fact that you're already going through withdrawal. The "relief" you get is from feeding the addiction.
>>
>>715475674
wow what a response. you must be a loved individual.
>>
>>715477572
doesnt subtract the good feeling m8
>>
>>715470383
It will be much harder to sell your house when it reeks of smoke
>>
>>715478005
Sorry anon but you tried acting superior like you're the only one with any kind of responsibility because you're an "adult" fix your life and you won't feel like you have to smoke
>>
>>715475118
There are way more things to do that cost less and are more fun than smoking. And if you have a pretty good life, you'd want it to last longer.

Generally, most smokers smoke because their life is shit. Thinking it will relieve their stress but all it is is an expensive habit that makes their life more miserable in the long run.
>>
>>715474251
Because coffee doesn't kill you over time...
>>
>>715469983
I got hooked when i smoked weed, really regret it and i'm going to quit. cigarettes should be banned.
>>
>>715470454
If you havn't had nicotine in the last 3 days you should be good. The cravings will kick in hard again sometime on the 6-7 day mark. Consider it a final hoorah from your brain to get you back on it.

After that the resistance to it gets stronger as your brain is slowly realizing it can live without it.
You will never be totally over it. You will always get flashbacks when you smell it around you or see someone light up, and you will instantly want one. But that intense, painful urge won't be there.
>>
the fact that you cant smoke without involving the ones around you into your toxic habit makes every smoker egoistic to me. I would always prefer a non smoker in my environment.
>>
>>715469983
Easy, nicotine addiction makes you overlook the odor.
>>
it takes the edge off of my lifelong crippling depression
>>
>>715474251
Coffee isn't as harmful to your body. And with coffee, you don't subject everyone around you to the same stink and health risks.
>>
>>715479134
The question is why would a nonsmoker start smoking?
>>
>people saying that cigarettes relive stress

But you are more stressed out all the times you are not smoking. Why would you take a temporary fix that makes the base problem worse 90% of the time?
>>
File: manouchka (18).jpg (74KB, 499x750px) Image search: [Google]
manouchka (18).jpg
74KB, 499x750px
>>715475025
>It doesn't affect my job
I'm a chemist who works for 200k euros a year
>relationship
I just don't smoke when I'm fucking someone who doesn't
>my house
Smell like tobacco and it sucks
> recreational activities
I do bike and swimming, smoking doesn't affect your cardio that much if your not an olympic athlete
>pic mostly related last girl I fucked
>>
File: download.jpg (6KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 275x183px
Because cigars are tasty, relaxing, and badass.

Real men smoke big cigars or pipes.

Cigs are for girls, vape is for fags.

Any other opinion regarding cigars is wrong.
>>
>>715469983
They started smoking at some point, got hooked and lack the motivation and willpower to break their nasty habit.
>>
>>715479458
You don't inhale cigars, you smoke them purely for flavor. They are still somewhat bad for you but are an entirely different beast to plain old cigarettes, at least there's more of a point to it instead of it being a blatant retard vice.
>>
>>715469983

resignation. clearly there's something bothering you to begin with.
>>
>>715479447
>smoking doesn't affect your cardio that much
kek
>>
>>715471881

the fact you use the word faggot to berate someone who is different than you renders anything you say from this point forward unworthy of reading.
>>
>>715469983
i started smoking because life wasnt easy, i was only like 16 at the time and edgy but apparently it was too much to handle for the 16 year old me.

It always feels good to have a cig, doesnt matter what happend, and this is why i smoke.

I might feel the effects of it one day, but im living for now, and not the future.
>>
>>715479806
Lots of filthy foreign soccer stars chain smoke actually. It doesn't make them not objectively terrible for your health, but if you're already insanely healthy from good diet and constant exercise it can be overcome like anything else.
>>
>relieves stress
>a social aid
>speeds up your achingly slow march to death

What's the problem?
>>
File: 002.png (25KB, 1366x730px) Image search: [Google]
002.png
25KB, 1366x730px
>>715470034
This. Also, you have not lived until you had a cig after a beer.
>>
>>715469983
Psychologist fag here. I only smoke occasionally, like 3 cigs a month.

The reason behind it is simply the compulsive need to do something during a social situation. Lunch break? Smoke. Having a talk? Smoke. Humans always feel the need to occupy themselves with, some people overcome this by playing with things, like spinning pens and flipping lighters. It just makes whatever you do seem less awkward and natural.

Oh, and there's nicotine, which relieves stress. First comes the compulsive behavior, then as your mind builds up resistance to nicotine you start craving for more, and don't even think about the surroundings. That's when phase 2bkicks in - smoking regulary whether out of habit or addiction
>>
>>715480145
A cig after a beer is your threshold for living? lol
>>
>>715479651

>Smoke them purely for flavor

Kid, you have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>715479458

Because cocks are tasty, relaxing, and badass.

Real men smoke big dicks or dildos.

Vaginas are for girls, missionary is for fags.

Any other opinion regarding penis is wrong.
>>
>>715480131
That's only true when you're young. Give it time. As you get older, you'll find that smokers drop out of physical activity far younger than their non-smoker peers.
>>
>>715480317
You probably smoke swisher sweets you fucking infant
>>
>>715479838

The fact that you're such a whiny sensitive faggot cunt gives kinda points out that he was right about you getting into faggot situations.
>>
File: IMG_0857.jpg (93KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0857.jpg
93KB, 480x480px
>>715480131
Exactly I smoke like 5 or 6 cigarettes a day and a lot more when I drink but with 1 hour of exercise a day it's not that bad
>>
>>715480417

Even if that were true

>Smoke them purely for flavor
>An entirely different beast to plain old cigarettes
>At least there's more of a point to it

Proves you're ignorant.

There are cigars that are strong enough to put you on the couch for the entire night.
>>
File: IMG_0867.jpg (443KB, 1152x1152px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0867.jpg
443KB, 1152x1152px
>>715480402
>>715480557
Oh and I'm 31 since 2 days
>>
>>715469983
because its fucking cool to do you beta faggot. and its a great way to fuck chicks.

> girl outside bar smoking.
>go up to her,
>can i borrow your lighter
>gives me it
>light smoke and talk to her
> go inside and our groups of friends hang out the reat of night
>take her home
>cum on her
> ignore her
>repeat next weekend
>>
>>715480658
I hope you aren't implying that 31 is old. You aren't even halfway to retirement. Check back with us in your mid-40s and tell us how it feels to exercise for an hour a day after another 15 years of smoking.
>>
>>715469983
>>715470619
>live near a city? if you answered yes then your statement could be very wrong

The above person gets it. Look at air pollution in urban environments. Ever take a 10 minute walk downtown? HA well smoking one cigarette is about as bad for your lungs.

I've been an occasional smoker (one or two smokes per WEEK) for 5 years. I've never felt pressured or addicted. If something I enjoy is not available I wait.

I guess everyone's really hyperbolic about smoking or drinking and have close to no self-control?

I think self-controlled people aren't as afraid of drugs (nicotine, ethanol, caffeine, etc). I guess that's a problem today because people are never taught to self-regulate, but just to hide in safe spaces...

Most healthy sane people can have a drink, smoke or coffee without falling into a spiral of addiction. Those people also don't need to worry about "quitting" because they haven't formed some sort of deep impulsive habituation.

I don't think the argument that every sane person wouldn't smoke holds true. Because I am sure those so called "sane people" also have habits or activities that have risks similar or worse than the occasional smoke.
>>
File: usagi.jpg (544KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
usagi.jpg
544KB, 2592x1944px
>>715481068
I'm just telling people that besides cancer because that's the real shit smoking isn't that bad, you shouldn't do it but it's not the end of the world if you're a healty person. I've already stopped when I was trying to get a kid last year, if you're not a weak-minded shit smoking is just something as good and bad than alcool
>>
>>715480658

You bitch like a 13 year old. God damn, no wonder you need a crutch.
>>
>>715480658
>>715480557
What's with the tranny pictures? What does it have to do with smoking?
>>
>>715481229

Okay, might have expressed myself wrong. I was referring to smoking consistently knowing you won't be able to quit. Smoking is harmful either way, but not too harmful if you do it at certain events where it would be more appropriate.
>>
>>715479447
>>715480557
>>715480658
>>715481787
Same girl definitely not a tranny, you're just a faggot stop trying to see dicks everywhere
>>
>>715469983
I've been smoking the cigar and pipe for over a decade. I love the taste and smell. I can spend weeks without smoking, so I don't consider myself an addict.
>>
>>715470324
Scientists have proven it you faggot
>>
File: such shameful.jpg (236KB, 691x625px) Image search: [Google]
such shameful.jpg
236KB, 691x625px
>>715469983
i smoke american spirit blacks exclusively. i take the filter off and take it deep and slow. i pull smoke into my mouth, let it rest and cool, then i take a deep breath through my nose and with my lungs fully inflated i draw the smoke in. then i exhale through my nose. Its the biggest fucking rush of nicotine and it makes you feel lightheaded and numb. Its good shit. It smells, but its sort of like burning incense. Its pretty relaxing and that chill you feel when suckin down a fag feels pretty good.

I never meant to start smoking, but it happened when i was taking a social vacation and doing some partying with a few friends. Id be drunk and steal someones lit cig, and suck it down. After doing that a few times i stopped smoking at parties. Fast forward a year or two, i go try and find something to smoke that i remember from childhood. A particular smoke smell that i liked. It led me to try a cigars, cigarellos, and cigarettes. Havent found the smoke smell yet, but i got mildly hooked on fags.

Ive been smoking for 3 and a half months on and off. Im gonna take a long break now though. Its pretty rough dealing with the side effects.
>>
>>715479311
>>715478892
>what is caffeine induced tachycardia?
>>
>>715480614
cigars arent weed bro. >>715479651 you can definitely most certainly inhale cigars if you want to. it hurts your throat, but that nicotine rush is fucking astonishing.
>>
>>715479838
faggot
>>
>>715482956
That isn't something that builds over time. That's an acute condition, brought on by consuming too many cups of coffee in a single day.

It is possible to drink coffee in moderation with no side effects. That is not possible with smoking.
>>
File: 3mLydMU.png (70KB, 243x200px) Image search: [Google]
3mLydMU.png
70KB, 243x200px
>>715470324
>ths is the kind of person that gets lung cancer and acts confused
>>
>>715474286
not if you smoke.
>>
File: tumblr_np117x4Fbb1uq5h02o1_1280.png (111KB, 729x571px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_np117x4Fbb1uq5h02o1_1280.png
111KB, 729x571px
Reminder that if you smoke, you are contributing for both natural selection and overpopulation management.
Thank you
>>
>>715483604
Unfortunately, they aren't. The long-term effects of smoking typically take hold after a person has passed the common age range for reproduction.
>>
Much cheaper than weed. I've been in a constant state of stress for the past month and cigarettes are my only relief. However I wouldn't smoke more than 3 a week.
>>
>>715469983
I started smoking in high school because my friends did and stress growing up.I started again when I joined the army.When you have walked with your house on your back for 2 weeks all you want to do is smoke darts and kill shit.Also it is good to get out of gay work partys.You hear your Section commander telling your 2ic to get guy to go clean shit you go out for a dart. 9/10 they just grab who they see first.
>>
>>715475347
Literally
>>
>>715469983

the buzz i got from Cuban cigars was wonderful, one of the comfiest memories i have are cruising in one of my landyacht cars downtown on a saturday night with a cigar

on the other hand, i watched my father slowly die from lung cancer when i was 21 and it was one of the most brutal things ive ever seen, especially the day he died. when i was 24 i quit cigars and vaped for a while, i had to vape 25-30mg of nicotine to compare to cigars which is alot. eventually i quit everything, cigars and vaping completely. no help or anything, whenever i got cravings i chewed doublemint gum which for some reason helped. i chewed fucking 2 packs a shift at work, after that i finally quit getting cravings and quit forever

when i have kids soon enough, i dont want them to see me die like i saw my father die because its horrible. absolutely horrible
>>
I was smoking for 11 years. But quit cold turkey.
I was smoking since maybe 12?
Dad was an avid smoker. I got curious as to why it calms his nerves when stressed. Got stressed one day. Felt the buzz.

I quit when my dad passed away from lung cancer
>>
>>715469983
probably started smoking in highschool to be cool and now they are addicted
>>
>>715477572
This guy is right
>>
>>715485081

Yeah, that's how I almost got addicted. My friends in high school made me try a few cigs. I really enjoyed puffing on camel menthols and i was having urges to smoke after just 2 cigs.

then i tried some other flavor and had a bad reaction. luckily i got scared to smoke again so i avoided addiction.
>>
>>715469983
When you're a kid some older/cooler kid asks you if you want one so you do it to be cool. After a week or two you're addicted. If you're depressed you find it can help you get over shitty things and unwind a little without getting fucked up.
>>
Started to smoke at the age 14, now im 26 and on my way quiting it. It has an advantage that a non smoker will never understand, for example smoking after sex, smoking with a jar of beer, smoking after a great meal feels awsome... on the other hand im still young and if i have to go up on stairs to the 3rd floor im breathin heavily, and feel like shit, so i decided recently to stop smokin. I had my last cigarette 4 weeks ago, and it feels great, and it feels shit at the same time. Itll get better later i hope
>>
>>715469983
Because I want to die and by smoking I can hopefully get cancer and die.
>>
very same ages here. but still didn't stop. i have tried patches, but smoked normally anyway, and than puked violently from nicotine overose. How did you quit? cold tukey?
>>
>>715470477
this, cigs help me overcome my weed cravings when I can't smoke the herb.
>>
this
>>715486105
for him
>>715485876
>>
>>715485614
Never smoke menthol tobacco, it has further more cemicals in it than a regular cig
>>
>>715471798
>I will quit before age 30

Not going to happen
Quitting is now or never
>>
File: dealwitit.jpg (71KB, 450x335px) Image search: [Google]
dealwitit.jpg
71KB, 450x335px
Been smoking for 3 years now, ever since I turned 12, It makes me look so L33T and EDG3Y I get a ton of puss from it.
>>
>>715472926
>What's the point of living after 50

It will be something like cybernetic penis implants
>>
>>715472926
to bang 19 year olds again duh, 50+ dudes get all the hawt poon
>>
>>715486105
Nah i just said no, i avoid everything which comes with smoking, coffee, beer etc and avoid thinking about it by keepin myself busy with work and new hobbies, and by avoidin other smokers
>>
>>715486168
And im eatin a lot of fruits 24/7
>>
>>715486105
Plus, get a non smoker gf, itll help a lot bro
>>
File: image.jpg (25KB, 467x467px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25KB, 467x467px
>>715469983
Becauss I'm the sort of foolish cunt who lives in the moment. I value happiness, comfort, and entertainment above all else, and cigarettes give me a seemingly endless supply of that. I don't give a shit if I live to be 90, because I'm pretty sure my quality of life as a 90 year old man will be akin to that of a dog whose owner never lets him out of the kennel. When you were a child, why did you climb trees and explore abandoned buildings even though there was a very serious risk of you being hurt? It's because you were fearless and willing to do damn near anything for an enjoyable experience, even if it was just five minutes at the top of the tallest tree in the neighborhood. You had balls. I just never castrated myself for the sake of my health because my health is worth nothing if my days are spent missing all of the joy that I experienced in my more reckless years. I refuse to be that 60yo twat on a Harley Davidson trying his damnedest to get back what he lost when he cut his balls off and started listening to the women in his life

They don't smell bad either. That's an opinion, and opinions are subjective. I think they smell as heavenly as a freshly cooked ham or an old leather jacket. I even think women who smoke/smell like smoke are sexier.
>>
i used to smoke for only a few months a while back while working at steak n shake. it feels pretty good and mixes quite well with a life you know is fucked. i also grew up with some good memories around smokers so i actually like the smell. with help from my gf i did quit but i get the cravings here and there
>>
File: image.jpg (13KB, 315x393px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13KB, 315x393px
Smoking is a cultural thing too. Ever since humans became civilized, we've been looking to catch a buzz. We built America on the shit, and you really want to act like its that much of a burden on society? Yes, it kills you. But seriously, toughen the fuck up if you don't like it, because obviously enough of the world does or nicotine would be illegal. I don't smoke more than once or twice a month when I'm drinking, and personally I enjoy the smell and taste of burning tobacco, probably because it's such a universal substance. Those who don't see it as anything other than an iconic way to catch your buzz should probably get thier head out of thier asses.
>>
I enjoyed it. Liked the taste. Liked watching smoke. I had 7 strokes. So I quit smoking before I got a poop sack.
>>
>>715469983
Why the fuck do you care....let people just live their lives the way they want to...fucking liberal.
>>
>>715469983
I haven't been smoking for long, not even 2 years, but I started after my mom died, again, not even 2 years ago. And I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy smoking, because I am a stoner anyway, but it calmed me a lot when there were days where I really did want to die, and instead I would go on my porch and smoke a cig. Not that I expect anyone to care or some sort of sob story, just explaining why I started lol.
>>
File: 1367714390498.gif (2MB, 235x240px) Image search: [Google]
1367714390498.gif
2MB, 235x240px
>>715487520

I'm with you /b/ro- life's too short
>>
>>715469983
I don't believe smoking is dangerous. It's more believable than climate change but I still think it's a scam.
>>
>>715487520
Well spoken
>>
I amoke maybe 6 premium cigars a year , they help clear my mind , i have a spiritual expirence when i am in a quiet place thinking and smoking. Depending on what tobacco you smoke the risk is far less than eating produce ridden with pesticides at the store
>>
>>715488042

OP here. I happen to be a conservative, and liberals can go and shove Trump's dick in their ass. I don't give a fuck about your feelings, I am just questioning people's intelligence when they begin smoking consistently to know why they do it when there are so many consequences.

Smoke all you want, I won't be ending up with heavy breathing and lungcancer. I couldn't care less.
>>
>>715488384
Nowdays its hard to make a difference in west, mid-west and mid-east europe between good a bad quality tobacco, cuz the prices are getting closer and closer to each other. Its 5-6-7 € for every type pack of cigarettes from lucky strike, goldengate, to Marlboro, davidoff, or dunhill
>>
>>715486021
don't be such a pussy and just die now. lung cancer is a nasty way to go anyway
>>
>>715470108
All psychological stress relief. Quitting will make you able to withstand the stress just as good.
>>
>>715488429
Why do you ask a question about something that you dont care the answer for than? And who talked about trump? What does he has to do with all this shit you ignorant buttface?
>>
>>715489631

I care for the answers mostly, if you quit smoking, FUCKING GOOD FOR YOU! Liberals can go and shove Trump's dick up their ass, nothing more, nothing less. You're the one making it a political issue.
>>
>>715488429
Go back to your shitty american family and love your mother, while youre lookin at your dad loving your sister bro
>>
>>715469983
>why do people drink despite knowing the consequences?
>why do people do heroin despite knowing the consequences?
>why do people give birth despite knowing the consequences?
>why do people have sex with hookers despite knowing the consequences?

why are you such a little pussy? the only person Iv'e ever heard ask this question are edgy little 14 year olds who think they are 2smrt4you
>>
>>715488429
>Why do people smoke despite knowing the consequences? It smells foul and destroys your lungs.
>Why the fuck would a sane person begin smoking tobacco?
>rant
>I couldn't care less.

Ahhhh liberal confirmed....Seems like snowflake got triggered...then in the rant as their feelings got hurt....shows the true hypocrisy...Just kill yourself
>>
>>715489872
You mentioned trump who i really dont fuckin care about, and took it political, im eastern european and the only ass trumps dick will penetrate is your and your familys worthless american ass. I can give a fuck about you, and will just watch and drink my palinka watching the show
>>
>>715490471
This is true. With Trump in power, you'll be getting Putin dick up your ass instead.
>>
>>715488858
>develop a cough and occasional pains in your chest
>Doctor tells you it doesn't look good
>go home and kys faggot if ur so afraid of pain
>>
File: 1347920856032.gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1347920856032.gif
2MB, 400x300px
>>715469983
because it looks cool as fuck

I don't smoke, but I see the appeal
>>
>>715489885

Jesus, sorry if you got offended.

>>715490279

I'd say abstaining from frequent smoking rational. Yeah I'm a pussy for not wanting to destroy my lungs. Nice thinking, Einstein.

>>715490331

Based off of the obvious enragement from your reply, I'd say your feelings got hurt. I think we got off the wrong foot, but you seem to get triggered by anything. Hope you have a good day.
>>
>>715488429
The state of being brainless is a type of cancer humanity is dealing with. So smokers should stop smoking, but you should stop living than
>>
>>715490956
Kid looks like a wannabe hipster faggot. You think that's cool, anon?
>>
Short term stress relief. When your life already sucks dick, you might smoke just to feel a little better, and not care if you get cancer in a decade or two because you wish for death most days anyway.
>>
>>715474843
in the end you still feel enjoyable relief.
>do you even matrix bro?
>>
>>715488429
>>715489872
>>715490880
>>715491031

>Taking the bait this bad.....

LOL....what a tool.
>>
File: get a load of this guy.gif (734KB, 245x240px) Image search: [Google]
get a load of this guy.gif
734KB, 245x240px
>>715475647
>cigarettes still beat weed.
kek.
>>
>>715475025
>you will be in a shock when you have to sell your house to afford the chemo to keep you alive from the cancer raging inside of you in 10-30 years after you start smoking
not everyone lives in a shithole where you have to pay for necessary medical treatment by yourself.
>>
File: smoke kek.gif (939KB, 180x155px) Image search: [Google]
smoke kek.gif
939KB, 180x155px
>>715491071
>missing the point

take your autism medication timmy
>>
Because who the fuck wants to live long enough to end up pissing through a catheter
>>
>>715491170

Keklol
>>
Started smoking when I was in my late teens from working with guys and wanting to fit in. Quit for a while and started smoking again when I joined the army. It helps you stay awake when you're tired as fuck and suppresses your appetite. Also helps you think and makes you feel good for a little bit.
>>
>>715484225
You serve in the CF? love to hack dart n break hearts eh buds?
>>
Tbqh I thought I would be dead before smoking had a chance to give me cancer.

Looking back now I hadn't made a whole bunch of decisions that I made.

I'd give anything to turn back the clock. To take back some of the pain I caused myself and the people that cared about me.

But I can't.
And I can't stop thinking about that.
And instead of screaming and killing myself, I smoke and drink.
>>
>>715491370
I can afford to smoke the worth of your house in a single cigarette, so dont worry about the price of my treatment
>>
>>715469983
Never smokes cigarettes but used to do at least a 30"70 ratio of tobacco with my weed id smoke multiple times a day. Did that for about 2-3 years and then realized id get really irritable if i didn't smoke for a while and id always been wanting it.

Switched to just weed with other things like passionflower and/or damiana and i found i didn't always want to do it and i was getting high at more reasonable times like at the end of the night after work only, instead of getting up and blazing.

Now i've stopped weed entirely because im entering the air force; and havent smoked in like 2 weeks and i feel fine, sleeping great and everything, yay me.

>Tobacco is actually an evil as fuck substance. Physical addiction warps your personality.
>>
>>715491031
>Yeah I'm a pussy for not wanting to destroy my lungs
As if you're not destroying some part of your body by some activity or lack thereof.
The usual assumption i make of folks on the internet is their main activity is muscular atrophy.
>>
>>715491805
Keep that up bro
>>
>>715491805
>evil as fuck substance
says a guy in the airforce
>>
>>715491728

Sorry you feel this way anon.
>>
File: 1480454860372.jpg (549KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1480454860372.jpg
549KB, 1200x1200px
>>715469983
They're really suicidal, but not courageous enough to kill themselves faster.
>>
>>715491791
I don't worry about the price of your treatment, you freak.
Jesus you sound like a guy who pretends not to care for others, still feels the urge to brag (even on an anonymous image board) and comment of other people's life choices.
I feel sorry for you.
>>
>>715469983
We lost our 12 yo OP here
>>
>>715492099
It's my own fault really.
I have no one to blame but me.
>>
>>715492148
Dont think too much m8, im just expressin my opinion like you do
>>
>>715491952

Kek, good one. It's just as simple as that though, there's no reason for me to be smoking to begin with.
>>
>>715492398
There's no reason for you to be doing much of anything, or abstaining from much of anything. Which, of course, can be said as much of smoking as muscular atrophy as shitposting on the worst board on 4chan.
But that doesn't bother you. It doesn't bother me. We're not easily bothered, are we?
>>
File: IMG_1796.gif (944KB, 500x278px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1796.gif
944KB, 500x278px
>>
I've got Ulcerative Colitis. Smoking allows me to live a normal life.
>>
>>715492558

Good point. I was just questioning the reason for a specific activity, and nothing else, that is all. And yes, affirmative, we're not easily bothered.
>>
>>715469983
Drink some beer, have some shots, fuck a girl, than light a cigarette, and you wont have further questions about this crap
>>
>>715492988
Well, I'm always glad to have amiable settlements.
I don't know if you drink, but I'd buy you a beer if you were ever in london.
>>
>>715492988

Go see >>715491170

>not easily bothered
>that awkward silence
>>
>>715480838
>fucking a smoker
>Not just going up to her and talking to her like a non-degenerate
Do you really need cigarettes to connect with someone?
>>
>>715469983
it smells great and makes me feel good
>>
>>715493732
Is it any better or worse than other possible points of connection?
>>
>>715493370

I just responded accordingly.
>>
I have been smoking for like 8 years on and off, i can go through a period of 3-4 months of smoking then just stop, then decide im going to start again. People think its weird, but i have good willpower i guess.
>>
>>715469983
It's very good with beer. That's about all I can think of
>>
>>715470324
I hope you die of cancer
>>
>>715493732
Well its way much better than
>she is walking a female dog
And than you go
>can i pet her?
She goes ofc
>you smile
I ment you girl
>you wink

You better try by a cigarette lightening
>>
>>715470416

Wtf are you pussyfooting around for? Just kill yourself bitch
>>
>>715493089
A joint is so much better though
>>
I Vape because that's what all the cool kids do now.
>>
>>715495048
Noone is killing noone not even themselves... why is /b/ such concerned and wishfull of others suicidal? Morons
>>
>>715470416
why are you even here? go back to tumblr
>>
>>715469983
I was wrong, OP reached years lvl 9, gond bed so many hours ago and left us
>>
File: textgram_1481319425.png (995KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
textgram_1481319425.png
995KB, 1080x1080px
U r lucky fags cause today u have my new ylyl that I just, and it's for u
>>
>>715495340
Bc that's the only way to truly make this world a better place
>>
>>715469983
cause i can kid
>>
>>715470715
/thread
>>
>>715470590
Pot smokers smoke a bowl or joint at the end of the day, cigarette smokers usually smoke atleast half a pack if not 1 or 2 whole packs. The tar from 1 bowl or joint doesnt even come close to the damage all those cigarettes do.
>>
>>715495763

Kek, still present
>>
>>715469983
because it makes you feel good and dying in 20 years doesn't seem like that bad of a trade off.
>>
File: obamaisntblack.png (29KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
obamaisntblack.png
29KB, 1600x1200px
>>715469983
I'll quit when I see justice served
>>
>>715496737
Smoke till i loose my breath
Post till i loose my philosophic so ér sense
>>
File: 20161210_120943.jpg (1MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
20161210_120943.jpg
1MB, 2592x1944px
>>715475167
U wot.
>>
>>715469983
Tobacco smoke is full of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
>>
>>715497545
no timestamp, fake and gay
>>
>>715497725

It's on the internet, so it must be true!
>>
>>715497819
I'm a smoker, started in the Marines. It's bad to be a smoker.
>>
>>715497725
it also contains everything you need for daily nutrition.
>>
>>715469983
>started smoking at 16
>5-10 a day
>currently 18 and switched to vaping
>saved lots of money
>feel healthier
>smell nicer

I do have the occasional cigarette when I'm drunk though
>>
>>715469983
I don't smoke them but I do enjoy the smell of the smoke oddly enough. Tobacco tastes like poo poo though.
>>
>>715469983
It relieves stress and anxiety and a lot of parents are fucked so kids see it as an escape. Same rational for weed, except that weed is a lot stronger.
>>
>>715473099
thank you
Thread posts: 256
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.