[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your top 5 card games and what are some you've

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 6

File: file.png (1MB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 1000x750px
What's your top 5 card games and what are some you've played? I've played at least 12 different ones
>>
we wuz kangs
>>
1. Magic the Gathering

Played tons of card games and they are all just subsets of things you can do in Magic the Gathering over the last 20 years.
>>
>>715046921
Poker
Blackjack
Pontoon
Fish
Snap
>>
>>715047103
I'm sorry nigger, but this site is for white people.

>>715047172
trading card games you faggot
>>
I've only ever played yugioh and Pokémon. Yugioh competitively and Pokémon for fun. Spent more money on Pokémon. Which is stupid. So I stopped.
>>
>>715046921
World of Warcraft TCG
Hearthstone
Pokemon TCG
Cards - The Game: An experience through the centuries starring William Shakespeare and Kareem Abdul Jabbar
>>
>>715046921
Tonk
Rummy
Gin
Spit
Kingscup
>>
>>715047344
Both TCGs are pretty broken and the only way to keep afloat in Pokemon is to keep up to date the 6 current sets out. Otherwise, you can only play leagues.

They made a new series of cards called "break" and it basically OPs everything and you just want to punch your opponents for playing them

With yugioh, they made the Pendulum monsters a thing. Anything between the 2 numbers of monster you set, it can be summoned. So if you set a 1 and a 10, MOTHER FUCKER, YOU CAN SUMMON ALL YO BLUE EYES IN 1 TURN! WELCOME TO RETARDATION! I'm not kidding, shit is so god damn broken it's ridiculous.

>>715047465
how was WOW TCG?
Does it play like HS?

>>715047644
I hate you guys.
>>
>>715047256
>top 5 card games
faggit
>>
1. Crib
2. Texas Hold'em Poker
3. Asshole
4. Durak
5. Spoons
>>
I like poker
>>
>>715047704
fite me irl fgt
>>
>>715047692
H8 u 2 bbe <3
>>
>>715047815
god i just want to hate fuck you right now anon. I wanna touch my wiener with yours
>>
#5.) Poker
#4.) Blackjack
#3.) Solitaire
#2.) Pizza Time
#1.) 52 Card Pick-Up

I'd like to take this time at the end of my post to thank the original poster (OP) of this thread for bringing me back down memory lane of these classic card games from my youth.

Have a good day, original poster (OP). And you too, other readers of this memorific thread.
>>
>>715047692
Stopped Yugioh sometime after Gadgets. Brother got into nationals but got arrested for driving without a license the day before the tournament.
>>
I play Yugioh now. Just ordwred a Metalfoes deck, going to locals. Any tips or anyrhing?
>>
>>715048035
Dumbass. But that's impressive. I only know 1 person who won a "King of Games" with an exodia deck. He has the puzzle trophy in a plastic case, pretty badass

>>715048129
Don't over think. As I tell people with Hearthstone, the simplest strategies are the best. You'd be surprised with what you can do with pure agro
>>
>>715048299
I try to run a more lockdown deck with a bit of stun and I like controlling the field. that's why ABCs are so good. In what ways can I go about messing with my opponants mind?
>>
>>715048299
I'm a risky player and make bad moves. He's puts more thought into his strategy and is a great advantage player. Another reason I gave it up.
>>
>>715048578
sounds like a plan. I'm fucking around with my Dark magician god deck. (I may still have Uria in it I don't remember. If so it was simple you just summon him and make him beafy and go for the guts kinda deal)
>>
>>715046921
OP. Turning to a beg thread. Can I have some of that anwesome shit?
>>
File: 1479144020986.jpg (182KB, 640x853px) Image search: [Google]
1479144020986.jpg
182KB, 640x853px
noob question. why do people call it "yugioh" but in that stupid show they call it "duel monsters"? what is the name of this card game now?
>>
>>715046921
1. Hearthstone
2. Munchkin
3. MtG
4. WoW TCG
5. Cards against Humanity
>>
>>715048745
You have a kik? Could discuss strategies and such. I may also have some cards that might help you
>>
>>715048796
sorry literal google image search

>>715048828
IRL: Yugioh implies the card game and the show

Show: The show itself is called Yugioh while the game in the show is called Duel Monsters.

Technically, it should be called "duel monster."

>>715048974
unfortunately, I don't give it out cause I cannot trust 4chan not to spam me.
>>
>>715048828
the manga came out first, named yugioh. The game they play is called duel monsters, when they ported the game to real life, they kept the brand name
>>
I can't really do a top 5 of TCG's
Pokemon TCG is fucking unbalanced to shit, if you think yugioh is instagib in one turn, Pokemon is worse
Magic is nice but the cards felt more expensive, i feel like i could assemble a better deck on yugioh with about 30 dollars than something on magic.
Duel Masters is dead and this is sad, it was hype af.
Yugioh, i still play it but i wouldn't overrate it or be a fanboysay "wow this game is so sick and cool everyone should play it"
Vanguard is for social outcasts
Heartstone is shit
And everything else either tries to be Magic or Yugioh.
>>
File: image.jpg (169KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
169KB, 500x500px
Mille Bornes is my favorite. Haven't played many. Hearts is fun. Speed is fun. Slapjack.
>>
>>715047769
69 confirms fagit
>>
>>715049126
Ill give out mine then. TintedGL
>>
Magic the Gathering.

Been playing since 94, and we still play old school games (up to The Dark) regularly with friends.

Still as fun as the first day.
>>
File: yoko.jpg (70KB, 343x480px) Image search: [Google]
yoko.jpg
70KB, 343x480px
Yu Yu Hakusho TCG before Score messed it up.
>>
>>715049325
well darn

>>715049190
The way TCG trader or whatever that site is online works, is dumb, I was going to buy like 20 cards for like 12 bucks and they were from different dealer... I could of had an amazing deck from them.
Nah, I agree, yugioh and Pokemon are borked as hell. Try Dice masters. It's fun and easy to get into

>hearthstone is shit
Say that to the guys kicking ass on twitch and at Blizzcon finals right now

Yugioh is by far one of the many children after magic, so honestly, everything stems from magic as it is anyways.

>>715049533
is that still around?

>>715049410
damn son, I assume you're in your mid 30s then

some shit changed, some awesome shit,

>>715049354
check your phone dude
>>
>>715049841
I mightbe a little late in responding. should be on eithin the next hour
>>
>>715049841
>damn son, I assume you're in your mid 30s then
Aye, 33

I'm tempted to check out the new stuff, but I'm not willing to spend a penny tbh. I still play the old stuff mainly because I own it from back in the day.
>>
1. Magic: the Gathering
2. Poker
3. Dominion
4. Euchre
5. Mystic Vale

Ignoring games that are largely a mixture of cards/boards/figures/etc.
>>
1. MTG (The One True King of TCG)
2. Pokemon (Only played first 4 sets)
3. Force Of Will?
4. Hearthstone
>>
File: ywnmotorboatdatass.png (562KB, 1024x899px) Image search: [Google]
ywnmotorboatdatass.png
562KB, 1024x899px
>>715049841
I actually don't buy my cards online, or well, buying from a specific store like tcgtrader. But i found that yugioh can be cheap sometimes and you can assemble a fun deck.

Right now, i only just burned like $20 dollars in a basic Lunalight deck (new archtype) and while i had my doubts at first, after i saw they're giving it support [Lunalight Kaleido Chick], my dick became diamonds. But yeah, with $20 i made a viable deck in YGO and in magic, it was enough to fight with a friend's deck. But since he stopped playing magic and no one else i know plays magic, i just sold out my cards for a lil buck and bought a pizza with it.

Also i say heartstone is shit because its just mediocre imo, sure there can be some sick plays but meeeh. I don't like the way it plays, and i think buying booster packs give you shit cards most of the time, at least according to a friend, i can't really speak for myself about this.

Do kinda wish there was a new TCG or something but ehh, i feel like it might get obscured to shit by YGO or MtG anyways so there's not enough reasons to bother with that, oh and every new hope for a nice tcg always falls into powercreeping, its just tiresome
>>
ive played yugioh competitively since 2010. I've topped regionals and been to nationals. played mtg, pokemon, cardfight vanguard, hearthstone etc. most things really. always come back to ygo. even as the game gets dumber and dumber, the friends ive made from the game make it worth
>>
>>715050879
Try Metalfoes or ABC for YGO. Best In today. Imo
>>
>>715051282
What decks have you run?
>>
>>715051382
ya abc is actually a pretty cheap deck too. you need to be damn good at winning dice rolls and opening broken to do well with it though.
>>
>>715046921
1. Texas hold em
2. Fakju
3. Belot
4. Yu Gi Oh (shit's cash)
5. Trešeta
>>
>>715051440
currently own every top deck. prepping metalfoe for a regionals though. i think its the best deck right now as its the one least reliant on the dice roll
>>
yugioh is gay
mtg is master race
Pokemon was cool in the 90's

I Want to start playing seven seas tcg.
>>
>>715051490
All you need is union hangar and A, B, or C on your starting hand. Running three of each makes it a more common occurence. Then within turn two you have ABC Dragon Buster. Then, run des Feral Imp to send them back to the extra deck after loss
>>
>>715051611
I need bettwr cards. Best of luck to you
>>
Fuck it here guys https://discord.gg/W3VAFbY

You seem neat. This is my Discord for TCGs

Just read my notes and rules.
>>
No Android:Netrunner?

fucking plebs
>>
>>715052029

I always saw net runner in scrye magazine.

Im the dude above wanting to start seven seas tcg. I love dead tcgs
>>
>>715051769
thats absolutely wrong. having just a union + hangar isnt gonna get you that far unless you have multiple impact traps. you need a thrasher/gadget/brilliant to make that a strong open
>>
Started with Yugioh, got into Magic when I was a teenager. I stopped putting any money into yugioh around the time pendulums came out because I fucking hate those things, I sold all my cards say for a deck or two incase I ever was in the mood. Still play commander like a motherfucker though (it's all anyone plays here)
>>
Old school VS System circa 2006
>>
>>715051382
Lunalights right now shit on ABC's, last time i played against those fucks, i baited Buster dragon and he put his pieces, and then summoned Luna wolf and Panther dancer and shredded his 8000 LP

And if you want to know how, Panther makes the enemy monsters not be destroyed by battle once and panther can slap every monster, twice each one and with Wolf on field, her MEff is giving piercing damage (dmg calc on monsters in def position) to lunalight monsters.

Metalfoes are decent but i don't find them fun.
>>
>>715051856
thanks man. hoping to finally get a 1st place finish instead of my normal top 8 :P
>>
>>715049410

im uilding a vintage deck as we speak. vintage is expensive
>>
>>715052172
It is the easiest opening to get that is good. Its one that should be fairly easy to get. Unlike yours
>>
>>715050744
force of will wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't "anime girl knock offs of fairy tale characters: the TCG"
>>
>>715052560
vintage?! wouldnt buying a car be cheaper? lmao
>>
hurtstone
>>
>>715052634

thats why my deck is in progress. me and a couple other slave wage fags are playing. Which is cool because none of us can afford the 2000$ plus cards. We play with what we have that is legal. Which makes it fun..

As far as anything newer drafting is the only way to have fun. fuck rich kids and mtg.
>>
>>715052572
correct. your scenario will come up far more, no doubt. though its a lot weaker than what i outlined. and you have cards like pot of desires to find any piece and cards like rota which fetch thrasher
>>
>>715052863
Very true. I run an ABC deck and that happens to me almost every game I win
>>
>>715048129
yea dont play metalfoes
>>
>>715053047
do you ever find that you have problems in the mirror? my mirror at locals yesterday was terrible. lose roll, lose match
>>
>>715053151
why noy?
>>
>>715053243
Using this deck, which I've used for the past few months, has caused me no problems
>>
Played Magic a good 10 years, starting in the 90's - attending some smaller tournaments. All the horrible draws/rolls got me triggered and these days I only play chess, where nothing is left up to chance.
>>
>>715053151
>dont play metalfoes
>doesnt give reasons

ya we totally shouldnt play good deck, certainly not the best deck currently. go back to r/yugioh
>>
Just yugioh here, I play awesome heroes for now until I put metalfoes back together. Dark Law/Toadally Awesome/Rafflesia plus possible back row is very strong but I depend too much on the dieroll and even with 11 monsters in my entire deck, I still draw too many.
>>
>>715053700
>cant even top an 8 man locals
>>
>>715053878
Dat 3rd place zero trap blackwing last week doe
>>
JINZOJIZNOJIZNO JINZOJIZNOJINZO
>>
>>715046921
Poker
Blackjack
Uno
Gin
Pokemon the Gathering
>>
>>715046921
1.MTG
2. PTCG
3. Force of Will
4. WOW TCG
5. YuGiOh
>>
>>715046921
eucher
crib
rummy
free cell
>>
>>715046921
Blarbleflok
Wreberling
Phrazginium
Clooble
Eeklemung
>>
Mtg. I spent a load of cash. Quit really quickly cause I find a lot of the community are fat obnoxious nerd types. Egos out of control and such a negative lot.
>>
/thread
>>
don't forgot, if you want to stay talking and my thread dies, you're welcome here

https://discord.gg/W3VAFbY
>>
played yugioh throughout my childhood on and off.
>Started off collecting pokemon cards but no one knew how to actually battle with them
>then we found yugioh. played from like grade 1-5 then stopped then started again grade 7 playing competitive.
>synchros where a thing now, played blackwings, then dragunities, then light and dark dragons, then inzektors, then bubble beatdown
>then I quit because the hobby was too expensive for a broke kid and it was pretty much pay to win

>then hearthstone came around played the beta and most of alpha but then expansions were too expensive and it became pay to have fun.

other than that I used to play dueling network every now and then before it got shut down. Now i just play this shitty 5ds yugioh game on my xbox360 i downloaded years ago.
>>
>>715047256
Have you any idea how many hours your mom had to work at the deli so that she could buy you all those fag cards? She must regret that your bio dad didn't just jizz on her face 15 years 9 months ago instead of in her box. Don't worry though pal, she would still do anything for you. What she make you for supper tonight anyway?
>>
>>715055487
says pay to win automatically makes you a pleb. if you can afford to build the best, build the best you have access to
>>
>>715055487
TDOANE is still online
>>
>>715055664
oh no I would play pretty much most of the best budget decks, but the meta changed so often, the strongest decks now (budget or not) probably wont be the strongest in a few months. So changing decks often is costly, especially for a fucking kid. Even now I still wouldn't play it even though I could pay for it because its such a money drainer that inst worth it.
>>
>>715055637
Hmmm, well, I wouldn't regret that cause I would of been 8 then. Also no, I had hot pockets cause fuck it.

So ya know, I paid for all my cards THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

She doesn't work in a deli any more. That was back in like 95 I think
>>
>>715055487
If you want to play ygo online, search for Yugioh Pro
>>
>>715046921
Yu-Gi-Oh and Magic the Gathering and DBZTCG
>>
>>715055980
if you want a good and cheap ygo, you could try kaiju synchro. my friend has had a ton of success with it and kaijus inherently shit on everything
>>
I still have my first edition bewd from the first series
>>
>>715056404
it's not worth anything, that's the sad part
Thread posts: 93
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.