[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does /b/ deal with viruses or malware? I'm stupid and

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 8

File: buck angel.jpg (56KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
buck angel.jpg
56KB, 640x480px
How does /b/ deal with viruses or malware? I'm stupid and want my computer to run normally again. Considering buying virus protection, any recommendations?
>>
>>675698355
Wtf is that pic
>>
>>675698478
Exactly what it looks like
>>
backup and reformat
>>
>>675698355
is microsoft esentials not enough?
>>675698478
don't be a faggot.
>>
Avast is free and works well
>>
>>675698355
Avast or malwarebytes. Both work like a charm.
>>
File: imgCrop.php.jpg (91KB, 620x439px) Image search: [Google]
imgCrop.php.jpg
91KB, 620x439px
what about the virus protection you pay for? is it worth it? also if i back up and reformat cant the virus be in my backed up files? Sorry I'm dumb
>>
If you are to buy an anti-virus, you might aswell go with the best : http://www.eset.com/
>>
>>675700098
>the virus protection you pay for
what are you paying for?
>>
>>675700521
Hurrrr i iz pirate i torent cuz i dont pay
>>
>>675700521
Nothing. I just know that there are virus protection programs that cost money. Norton for example
>>
>>675698355
Reinstall everything, use Avira and Malwarebytes, scan regularly, DON'T BE AN IDIOT.
>>
>>675700679
don't assume and be an idiot. i was asking a question.
>>
>>675698355
Avast / Malwarebytes
But last time it got a virus was in the P2P days
>>
>>675698478
Buck Angel
>>
File: 3.png (279KB, 407x485px) Image search: [Google]
3.png
279KB, 407x485px
Thanks for the advise cocksuckers. If i download malwarebytes will it fix current problems or just prevent future ones?
>>
>>675698355
get a paid antivirus, best investment ive ever had, since i starting paying I havent got a single virus. Even if you download something sus with a virus it gets caught straight before anything happens. I use Kaspersky
>>
>>675702002
malwarebytes will take off your current problems, run it in future for future problems
>>
>>675702002
You can always clean virus's off your computer it takes alot of doing though, usually its done in SAFE mode. It's sometimes easier just to start again with a fresh install of windows (formatting the drive not just reinstalling windows).
>>
>>675698355
IT fag here,
Get MalwareBytes
&
AVG2016 or 15 idk if they updated to 16 alrdy
They are both free for 30 days and will leave yo shit good af
Also recommend AdBlock, clicking some ads can give you Malware
>>
>>675702662
Are you a wizard?
>>
>>675698355

Usually doing a fresh install is better than cleaning
up your PC manually. You can download Malwarebytes and SUPER from Ninite, they're good at cleaning alot. SUPER is good for browser stuff and Malwarebytes for everything else.
You can watch Mark Rusinovich's talk on how to use sysinternals to manually clean up viruses, removing persistence, identifying suspicious and/or malicious programs and processes. But in most cases, just do a fresh install, anything else is usually not worth it.

>>675702696

> usually its done in SAFE mode
Obvious fucking retard. You don't know anything about this shit if you don't even know it's safemode, not SAFE mode. Fucking moron..
>>
>>675703694
fyi, ive got a bachelors in network security, I know exactly what its called, its 2 seperate words, I capitalized the safe to put emphasis on it
>>
>>675702959
Sound like lazy IT fag.

You don't just run that shit and say your done.

Antivirus software is extremely bad at catching malware, you always need to either manually clean up well, or do re-install. And even in the case of re-installs malware can still persist, altho rarely.

Anyways, don't just run antivirus and think you're safe. Lazy twat.
>>
>>675703694
>You don't know anything about this shit
>Says a fresh install is better than actually removing the viruses

Kek you sound like that IT technition that is self employed because he doesnt know shit and just reinstalls OS when he faces a problem he cant fix.
>>
>>675704028
Sure you do.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

So that means I know everything about military operations. After all, nobody lies on the internet.
>>
>>675698355
just get your LTC, buy a gun, and leave your house for once.
>>
>>675704367

I'm actually saying that cleaning up viruses to the extent where you are 99% sure EVERYTHING is gone is USUALLY not worth it, TIMEWISE. As opposed to doing a fresh install.
>>
>>675704137
Yah, Im CompTIA IC3 certified, and yes I know some antivirus wont pick up Malware which is why I recommended Malwarebytes and AVG
>Gtfo pleb
>>
>>675704367

Fucking dimwit
>>
Malwarebytes & CCleaner
I charge people to install and run these programs and they're free.
>>
>>675704694

> Implying using two antivirus programs is ALOT better than using one. Upload known malware or known malware hashes to virustotal and se how many of the top anitivirus solutions that fail the find known malware that is years old.
>>
>>675698355
Oi, mate! They've gone and cut
yer cock off!!
>>
>>675704694

And I'm OSCP and CCNA certified. Stick your shitty IC3 up your ass.
>>
>>675704397
this is still getting kicked around?

pathetic.
>>
>>675705559

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
>>675705431
Thats gr8.
Working on CCENT, CCNA, and Net+ atm

Going for CCIE after I graduate college.
>>
>>675705210
malware isn't an antivirus you fucking idiot, it's a malware remover
>>
>>675706000
Exactly, trips speaks the truth
>>
>>675698355
I work for the NSA, I reccommend MacAfee
>>
>>675705695
fuck you i had to relocate this thread after i closed my browser you fucking suck faggot my dad is actually a cop and im going to tell him that you hacked my computer and that you forced me to close documents i had open and that he needs to put you in jail because my dad knows the government and i can get you put in jail because my dad is a cop and i could probably get this website shut down because my dad is in the government and he knows how to hack he codes linux and he can hack you for hacking me how would you like it if i closed your google huh? well im going to delete your system 32 because my dad will hack your computer and he is really good and can hide his ip and fuck you lol im going to troll you and delete your system 32 im not even mad but you messed with the wrong kid im going to hack you and the goverment will also hack you because my dad will tell them too why dont you click alt f4 huh you fuckface huh? you suck lol hope you are good at not getting hacked lol!
>>
>>675706000
> malware isn't an antivirus you fucking idiot, it's a malware remover

Malware is a malware remover. You heard it here first kids.

Also

> Implying malware is different from viruses..

Jesus
>>
>>675706308
my hart killed the dinosaurs, eat my toe fungus you gumba mama india
>>
>>675698355
dont buy virus protection just use pirate bay
>>
Are you willing to pay? If so, get Norton or McAfee. If not, I'd say Avast or someshit.
>>
If you're willing to pay for Antivirus software look into nod32 by eset software.
>>
>>675698355
If you're considering paying for antiviral/mallard you deserve all the trojans and worms
>>
For people who want to learn something:
http://www.superantispyware.com/blog/2013/03/malware-spyware-virus-worm-etc-whats-the-difference/
>>
>>675706776
I can almost see your pathetic overweight frame glowing in the dark, lit by your computer screen which is the only source of light in your room, giggling like a like girl as you once again type your little Banana thread up and fill in the captcha. Or maybe you don’t even fill in the captcha. Maybe you’re such a disgusting NEET that you actually paid for a 4chan pass, so you just choose the picture. Oh, and we all know the picture. The “epic” Banana guy, isn’t it? I imagine you little shit laughing so hard as you click it that you drop your Doritos on the floor, but it’s ok, your mother will clean it up in the morning. Oh, that’s right. Did I fail to mention? You live with your mother. You are a fat fucking fuckup, she’s probably so sick of you already. So sick of having to do everything for you all goddamn day, every day, for a grown man who spends all his time on 4chan posting about a fucking banana. Just imagine this. She had you, and then she thought you were gonna be a scientist or an astronaut or something grand, and then you became a NEET. A pathetic Bananafag NEET. She probably cries herself to sleep everyday thinking about how bad it is and how she wishes she could just disappear. She can’t even try to talk with you because all you say is “I REALLY REALLY LIKE THIS PICTURE.” You’ve become a parody of your own self. And that’s all you are. A sad little man laughing in the dark by himself as he prepares to indulge in the same old dance that he’s done a million times now. And that’s all you’ll ever be.
>>
File: csbilde.jpg (41KB, 500x461px) Image search: [Google]
csbilde.jpg
41KB, 500x461px
>>675702959
This one do i use. and adblock
or just get: CCleaner
>>
>>675698355
Try the pirate bay
>>
File: youtube.png (38KB, 143x174px) Image search: [Google]
youtube.png
38KB, 143x174px
>>675698355
Just pirate an iso of Windows and run out and buy an 8gb usb stick. Reinstall Windows and wipe your drive during the installing then install Windows back on it. If you have files you want to keep buy two usb sticks.

You have to be pretty stupid to get malware in 2016 btw.
>>
>>675698478
James Yeager.
>>
Hey OP, if you were getting a game, here's a few tips!

>don't be a dumb, poor nigger and torrent shit
>also, get your games from Steam
>If your getting a non-Steam game and you don't know the real site, go on the creator's social media, and get to the game's site with help from their social media, or just click the first search result
>>
File: 1457994283149.png (263KB, 660x627px) Image search: [Google]
1457994283149.png
263KB, 660x627px
>>675698355
>Knows computer is infected and still using it like normal until gets fed up with it

I swear. People like you shouldnt even be allowed online
>>
File: 1455707909335.jpg (3KB, 219x239px) Image search: [Google]
1455707909335.jpg
3KB, 219x239px
>>675698355
>buying virus protection
holy kek. malwarebytes and spybot: search and destroy. That's all you need
>>
Does anyone know how to do all that on Win Surface? You can't install anything on that piece of crap.
>>
File: 16.png (358KB, 1633x635px) Image search: [Google]
16.png
358KB, 1633x635px
All of you are fucking stupid, I've never used any sort of antivirus software and have never had any problem with viruses or malware, cause I'm not completely retarded like some of you 85 year old fucksuckers out there
>>
>>675710551

except if you are infected you wouldnt even know it unless it's some malware/ransomware kind of shit
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.