[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /b/ I want to start learning programming. >what language

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: 1427458574840.jpg (345KB, 1066x1568px) Image search: [Google]
1427458574840.jpg
345KB, 1066x1568px
Hey /b/
I want to start learning programming.
>what language should I start with? C#, ruby, python, or Java?

>how should I begin? Resources?

>how often should I practice to be able to program apps within the year?

Thanks /b/

Pic unrelated
>>
Bumping for interest
>>
File: 1429359608632.jpg (63KB, 500x523px) Image search: [Google]
1429359608632.jpg
63KB, 500x523px
Faggot
>>
>>611038106
Bumping for sauce on pic
>>
Bump potential is kek
>>
Start with either java or python.
You'll need a nice IDE if you're a noob to make your life eaiser. For Java, try eclipse, for python, try this thing by jetbrains (google it, not sure of the name). Get an introductory programming book for the language you choose off amazon with good reviews. Or just torrent it motherfucker, see if I give a shit. If you practice for a few hours a day, you should be able to code some real stuff within a month.

You say you want to program "apps." If you mean phone stuff, look into java because you can develop on android using java for free.

Now get out there and start learning faggot.
>>
>>611038106

F#

/thread
>>
>>611038106
Dont buy fucking books ! Ok ? Biggest mistake you can ever make. Try free youtube videos /newboston and Derek Banas channels/ for Java. There are plenty of resourses out there. With books you will waste 2-3 months reading and cant do shit. Currently learning Java for Android apps.
If you want iPhone apps you should buy iPhone + Mac.
>>
>>611038106
Google Stanford CS karel and take the whole course

Do all the reading, and homework.

Your next response should be "Thanks I'm going to do that now"
>>
>>611038106
Coursera.com
>>
>>611039813
euh i meant www.coursera.org
>>
Codecademy google it.

Learn Javascript and look into Node.js. Also learn some HTML/CSS.
>>
itunes U has great resources for coders..
Enroll in Stanford's Swift course..
>>
>>611038106
Be a web coder
Do HTML5,CSS3,JavaScript, PHP
Get Linux and download Brackets Web IDE
Than be an alpha like yours truly making $26/hr no degree HS dropout
>>
>>611040086
Don't listen to this fucking faggot unless you want to get into pussy ass web dev. You're not a pansy ass fucking liberal arts student, are you OP? Learn some fucking real programming.
>>
>>611040260
lol $26 an hour. I'm laughing at you with my CS degree making $55 an hour programming some real shit, bitch.
>>
>>611038106
try /g/
>>
I started with python. Very easy to learn. And the IDLE environment. Just torrent ebooks. There are a lot of them.
>>
>>611040414
Fucking braggot no one cares
>>
>>611038295
YSYL thread
>>
>>611040414
What do you program?

College freshman CSfag. Loved computers since I was a little kid and have a natural talent for programming/logic. Really want to get into the best field I can
>>
>>611039809
>>611039017
>>611039508
>>611039961
>>611040260
thanks anons, will look into all these
>>
python with ninja-idle after that when you're up to within, look c++
>>
File: KA0hR [dirtydiana1024].jpg (80KB, 452x603px) Image search: [Google]
KA0hR [dirtydiana1024].jpg
80KB, 452x603px
Python's ezpz and gives you a good, easy introduction to a lot of programming concepts and shit. You'll learn a lot about programming in more useful languages once you've got your concepts down, so don't worry about it not being "useful enough".
>>
>>611040960
>YSYL
I work at one of the major tech companies. I'm working on an operating system for a tablet.
>>
vimscript
>>
>>611038106

fucking noobs, don't throw names of your fav language
hey op, what exactly would you like to do? web development? business programming? mobile apps? first choose your goal, then the language
>>
>>611040293
> real programming
Hurdur I write my code in binary because thats how real men do it.

I know your neckbeard type, you dont have one clue what you are talking about. But this is the only thing where you get your self-esteem from, so I am going to let you.
>>
>>611041710

and one more thing - if you are not using MS technologies - buy a mac or install linux - there are no better platforms for development
>>
>>611041437
What do you /do/?

Like obviously you aren't making the entire OS. You have a team, but describe a workday for me if you don't mind
>>
>>611041854

for me:
web - ruby on rails / js / css /jquery
business - scala / java
mob - swift / obj-c

also I do a lot of coding in RPG/400 for IBMi
>>
>>611041710
Either web development or apps, don't know which would be more useful though. Leaning toward web.
>>
>>611038106
Khan academy has coding lessons where you write your own programs and stuff.
>>
>>611038106
In same boat as OP. Got talked into using GameMaker though. Messed with it for a while but stopped because I'm not sure I want to buy it. I still kind of want to make a game or app. I just want to make something. Now I'm trying to learn C++ for whatever reason.
>>
C#
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.