[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I did one of these before quite awhile ago, you fucks seemed

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 9

File: 7eshs3u48d.jpg (115KB, 736x552px) Image search: [Google]
7eshs3u48d.jpg
115KB, 736x552px
I did one of these before quite awhile ago, you fucks seemed to really enjoy it so I'll do it again.

>Ask a inner-city/suburban paramedic anything
>>
Just green text some cool short stories to gain interest or post proof gayboy
>>
How does it feel to slowly become racist?

:/
>>
>>608211479
How many times have your fellow paramedics been shot?
>>
>>608212034
Once in the last 5 years, the photo above is not actually worn by my cities paramedics. I just use it to gain interest on to topic.

Also you really have to define "shot."
>>
>>608211951
...What in gods fucking name are you talking about?
>>
>>608211745
I can surely green text some cool stories.
>>
>>608212291
Not that guy;

A lot of people who work in public service (police, paramedics) have reported becoming more racist as they deal with minorities more.

I think it's just that everyone is shitty, regardless of race, and they were already racist.
>>
>>608211479
Bump for interest
>>
>>608212485
This
>>
File: tumblr_nl1x02mMh91tvlrpyo1_540.jpg (73KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nl1x02mMh91tvlrpyo1_540.jpg
73KB, 540x405px
>>608211745
Literally my last call
>My suburban job uses QRS vehicles to get a paramedic on scene as quickly as possible and follows up with a MICU ambulance
>Dispatched for 60 YO F unconscious/unresponsive
>Thinking were about to running a code in the middle of a friendlys (Restaurant inside of a mall)
>Arrive on scene to QRS being on scene for 3 mins prior
>We note QRS hasen't called out CPR in progress so we take a deep breath and calm down
>>
>>608212828
>arrive on scene with gear, tell EMT partner to grab stretcher and addition equipment because security met us at the door and informed us the patient was conscious
>Walk up to scene, random woman who introduces herself as a ICU nurse starts rattling off a entire diagnosis, I completely ignore her and walk up to the patient and other medic.
>Walk up to QRS paramedic keeling overtop of the patient
>I haven't seen the patient yet at this point
>The QRS medic whips her head around and goes "No big deal syncopal episode caused by menstrual cramps"
>The look on my face must have been awful
>>
Don't you mean AN inner city?
>>
>>608212485
I assure you I doubt I fall into this category. Unlike police /normally/ everyone is happy enough to see me. Even scumbag criminals.
>>
>>608213284
>At this point I actually look at the patient the QRS medic is kneeling over
>She's sitting against the wall looking quite fine
>Oh by the way she's 16 not fucking 60

>Everything makes sense now and I note that a 60 year old woman didn't just pass out from menstrual cramps
>>
>>608213323
Sure, why not.
>>
>>608213401
I can't imagine many people would ever have a reason not to be happy to see a paramedic, to be honest. Here in Australia we've been having issues with paramedics getting assaulted by patients that are high as a kite, to the point that some states have new regulations about police and paramedic coordination. Ever have any similar incidents?
>>
>>608214288
Define happy? I take away pain. I bring a sense of calm and relief. People might not be happy with whats happening to themselves or their loved ones, but they're sure as fuck glad i'm there.

In my suburban job I have police assistance on almost every single call I run. It's a huge help, my city job is a little different. If i ever need them though, or if shit gets really fucked up quickly I have a emergency button on my radio that sends them directly to my location/scene.
>>
File: being a nigger.jpg (2MB, 3000x3000px)
being a nigger.jpg
2MB, 3000x3000px
>>608211479
>implying a filthy nigger knows what paramedic means

shouldn't use big words man.
>>
What state do you work in
>>
>>608215860
Thankfully enough I don't work in a third-world country. Nor do I really consider my patients "filthy" even when they are.
>>
>>608216039
East coast. You don't get a state.
>>
>>608216039
Inebriation, mostly.
>>
Would you recommend becoming a paramedic? I'm tossing up between that, a firefighter and a police officer
>>
>>608216220
Ha. Yeah that one too.
>>
>>608216318
What draws you to public safety?

Answer that questions as detailed as possible and I'll give you my answer.
>>
>>608216461
I'm not interested in working a job where I can't see the results of the effort I put in. I also don't want to be stuck in the same place day in day out, I like to be on my feet.

It may sound a bit cliche, but I want to do my bit to help the people who need it. I think being a paramedic or a firefighter would be an extremely rewarding profession.

Before now I've been a bit lost with what I wanted to do, but I've narrowed it down to those options.

I'd love to hear what you think, thanks.
>>
>>608217543
This job is extremely unrewarding. All three are really. We get paid shit and we really don't see results from the effort we put it. Firefighting is the only one where I can really say you instatiouolsy see positive results from your actions.

From what you've said, I can see you in the fire service or maybe as a park ranger.
>>
>>608217796
Not him, but I'm considering a couple of first responder type jobs since I hate the idea of working for no reason beyond making a guy above me richer. I can live with a job not being intrinsically rewarding if I know that I'm doing good.
>>
>>608217796
Yeah I'm leaning towards going into the fire and emergency service, but to help my chances with that I'd still need to get my paramedic science degree, at least here in Australia.

I appreciate your answer man, thanks. It's curious though, I thought being a paramedic would be rewarding in the sense that you're potentially saving someone's life.

I like to stay fit though so the fire service would probably suit me well.
>>
>be criminal
>steal a "don't shoot paramedic" vest
>equip it
>go on a shooting spree
>cops don't know what the fuck to do and are legally unable to stop me

I guess we're all lucky that niggers can't read.
>>
File: clap lol.gif (841KB, 200x114px) Image search: [Google]
clap lol.gif
841KB, 200x114px
>>608218478
>>
>>608218436
The largest issue with it is that the general public really dosen't understand what you do. Its pretty much exclusively personally rewarding. My ex for the first 3 weeks that we were dating didn't realize I do anything more than pick people up and drive them to the hospital.
>>
File: brillian.jpg (85KB, 760x579px) Image search: [Google]
brillian.jpg
85KB, 760x579px
>>608218478
brilliant
>>
>>608218478
I like how we assume cops are stupid enough to think nig nogs can be paramedics.
>>
>>608218478
>cops wise up and put on paremedic vests
>you guys can't shoot eachother
>>
>>608218919
Yeah that's the problem I have with being a police officer. People just think you exist to just fuck up their day and be an asshole, and treat you as such.
>>
>>608211479
Ever stolen a patients gold filling/tooth?
>>
>>608219766
Nope, never steal from patients. I steal from hospitals and other ambulance stations though.
>>
>>608219935
Cool, what sorta shit do u steal drugs?
>>
How many drugged up people do you have to deal with? what are the most common drugs they're on?
>>
>>608220030
Rarely. Mostly supplies (so in a sense, yes drugs) and occasional food.
>>
File: Orion_slavegirl_ENT.jpg (17KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
Orion_slavegirl_ENT.jpg
17KB, 240x320px
>>608211479

Does the fact that you're required to wear a vest like that depress you?

How does it feel to have spent all of that time in school and barely have any income to show for it compared to if you had gotten your ADN?
>>
>>608220146
In my city job i'm assured at least one drunk/high patient per 12 hour shift. Most really bad off druggies are the heroin type.

Naxolone is the shit hero stories are made of.
>>
>>608220368
>Naxolone
I hope you aint an EMT....
>>
>>608217796
I, as a volunteer firefighter, must disagree. If you (>>608217543) want to see results you should be builder not a firefighter. First of all: most of the calls are more or less "janitor jobs" (oil spil, open doors, trees fell on a road,...). Second: everything touched by fire is lost, you can't undo this, you just prevent it to get worse. And if you rescue someone you get hardly any feedback on how he/she is doing, if it got better, who the person were and so on.

But there is the 1%, rare occasions, were it matters, were you get an altruistic award: that undescribable feel after you did something great.
>>
>>608220306
>ADN
To really do anything in nursing I'd need a BSN. Be honest with yourself.

Regardless, if I really cared about the income I would have gone to nursing school, challenged my state and gotten my Pre-hospital RN. I really just don't care all that much about the income.

On the note of the vest, I never have to wear a patch like that. Though I do always have to wear a vest. It's not really depressing, its just the world we live in.
>>
>>608220514
>Naxolone
Oh shut it, It's 6AM. Naloxone, Naxolone, whats the difference?
>>
>>608211479
Are you the guy from the Boston area who used to start these threads? Where a picture of a view of a call center was used in the OP? If so, please do tell some more/new stories!

If that was not you, what city/area do you work in? Can you at least give us an idea?
>>
>>608220529
(I was mostly talking out of my ass, the closest I get to firefighters is when they're telling me I can safely approach a MVA.)
>>
>>608220763
I was not him but I know exactly who you are talking about! After his second to last thread I contacted him and we occasionally talk. I've only done two of these threads and they both used the above (or a version of the above) vest.

I'm from the east coast, thats all I can say.
>>
>>608220664
East coast nigga?
>>
>>608221050

Shit i just saw this >>608220925
>>
>>608221050
Indeed indeed.
>>
>>608221134
What city niggra. Emt also, and wondering if we in the same place, because i wonder if one of my emt friends is a /b/tard
>>
>>608221270
Emt-P???

Also I'm really not comfortable saying which city, but it's major and northern.
>>
>>608220787
Ahm nope - the structure of firefighting in Austria is different - since my province has no paid firedepartment I had only 2 occations where we was with paid firefighters.
>>
>>608221406
Don't be bitch. Northern east coast EMT nigga here and i hope it's who i think.
>>
File: 4774532487_c083d07863.jpg (187KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
4774532487_c083d07863.jpg
187KB, 333x500px
>>608220925
Thanks for replying and clarifying this. So, are you looking to greentext some more stories? I'm here, chilling, eating some tortilla chips and cheese, after making some nachos, but the salsa I ate with them was fucking hot, so I'm not eating some chips and cheese without being heated up to try to get rid of the burning in my mouth.

Btw, if it might matter, I'm from/in Arizona. :)

> Pic related: The logo of my Arizona Wildcats who fucking lost just short of the Final Four yet again!
>>
File: 1416665750988.jpg (79KB, 546x658px) Image search: [Google]
1416665750988.jpg
79KB, 546x658px
>>608223098
Also, to try to bump the thread, I will add that I'm also watching Mike & Mike on ESPN2 and that I just got done jacking off.

> Pic related: What I probably look like right now. Except, I have my shirt on.
>>
Ever been shot at by a negro or negress?
>>
My Basic class is ending soon. About to do my ride time. So fucking excited. I love you Paramedic/Advanced/Basic anons.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.