[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ask a hedge fund trader/PM anything. >inb4 hurr durr mah

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 143
Thread images: 5

File: 1357162616136.jpg (161KB, 610x480px) Image search: [Google]
1357162616136.jpg
161KB, 610x480px
Ask a hedge fund trader/PM anything.

>inb4 hurr durr mah pension
>inb4 OP can't inb4
>>
Nobody interested?
>>
>>580824036
got some spare change?
>>
>>580824245
nope, not on me.
>>
>>580824410
well then

how's the business and was it easy to get in?
>>
starting bitcoin hedge fund right now, if there was one thing you didn't know when you started that you wish you had, what was it?
>>
I'm a junior in college right now. If I can't get an investment banking internship this summer, what's the next best thing?
>>
>>580824742
the business is good, its 80% reading, but good.

Depends on background, its easy for a rocket scientist to get a foot in the door, very hard for a high school drop out.
>>
The next best internship to help my chances in finance, I mean
>>
>>580825021
Awesome, whats your views on the Winklevoss Bitcoin ETF?.

It would have to be that you're not trading the data, you're trading what the public think about the data
>>
>>580825026
IB's are awful, I really recommend against it. You'll earn barely enough to live in the city, and do nothing but market making.

Try get back office at a fund/prop firm. That way you'll be on the ground in the markets with real advancement opportunities
>>
>>580825367
I think the ETF is a good thing for everyone. Im in smaller south east town, in the tech business, have a lot of trust, so i should do ok in spite of it.
>>
>>580825220
Asset management. Its where the money is. Dependent on your end goal. If you want to broker until your 50, IB's are good. But if you want to be involved in the market, asset management or prop trading is the way forward
>>
>>580826005
Bitcoin is a little out of my wheelhouse, I'm an S&P equities guy, but my first question with managing virtual assets would be, 'how do I get investors'. Its your industry, but I'd suspect investing in BTC would be a hard sell
>>
>>580826161
Thanks, this helps. Is there a big difference between asset management and wealth management? I can't tell if asset management is a more prestigious and analytical deal than wealth management, or if they're the same thing.
>>
>>580826637
I already have the cfp and am taking the level 1 cfa test early next year. I used to work as an advisor but have traded for myself stocks/options for the past two years. I live right outside of nyc and am going to try to swtich over to the Portfolio management side of things. How hard will it be for me to get a job?
>>
Why shouldn't I just put all of my "investing" money in ETFs?
>>
I want to start investing which bank should i use? Also favourite sector/periodicals?
>>
>>580826935
Asset management is the same as wealth management. An asset management firm typically holds several hedge funds running different strategies, where as wealth management firms tend to have an investment banking licence too, its dealers vs broker dealers. Asset management firms imo are usually more switched on in the market. so asset>wealth. imo that is. I couldnt sit there and take orders from clients with the 'hottest tip on the street'
>>
is it anything like wolf on wallstreet?
>>
>>580827169
You can, but be aware of the risk. Investing in a market tracker you assume maximum risk. if the market tanks, you're broke, a sector tanks, you're broke, if Apple tanks, you're broke.

Certainly investing in the market as a whole is fine if you're in it for the long haul, but if you're after real growth active management is the way forward
>>
Are you an algo trader or high touch? How long til you think everything goes completely algo/electronic driven?

captcha: music nigure
>>
File: dolemite.jpg (19KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
dolemite.jpg
19KB, 400x300px
>>580824036

Look OP, I've explained this to you numerous times now, you totally can inb4. It's physically possible, as it does not violate causality. Now if you were attempting to post before you posted or something, you would fail, and likely look foolish to anyone watching your shenanigans.

I'm guessing it's pointless to tell you this shit again, because clearly you are retarded, and will just forget, faggot.
>>
How about some investment help? I have a 401k at work with limited investment options. They primarily include:
S&P 500 Index
Small Cap (Russell 2000) fund
Mid Cap fund
Bond fund
Stable fund (about 2-3% per year guaranteed)
Various targeted retirement funds (that I don't touch because they have higher fees)
Company stock fund (don't touch it either, even though had I, it would have quadrupled my money since the crash a few years back)
International fund
Emerging Markets fund

There is no fee to move funds from one option/fund to the other and I can even do it daily if I choose. A few of them you can only move in/out every 30 days, but others don't have any limitations.

Just looking for how to maximize my returns. Since I'm not locked into one fund when I put money there, it mainly involves trying to figure out when the market is going up (put funds in S&P/small/mid cap) and when it's going down (shift to bond/stable).

What would you suggest?
>>
>>580827636
No specifics, the key is to get DMA, avoid CFD's, and get a commission rate you can afford. dont exceed 10% positions.

atm, I like tech, highly cyclical, in a bull market thats great, banks are lending, start ups wiyh capital turn into real businesses.

long term pharma, simply because any new discoveries cannot be priced in. huge potential.
>>
>>580828126
Not even a little. It was pretty wild a few years back, coke off the trade desk etc... but the industry is on a health kick atm, its smoothies and salads instead of coke & hookers... I know the days I prefer
>>
>>580824036
How does it feel to make the rich richer and contribute nothing valuable to our society?
>>
>>580828143
Im no quant. we run on fundamentals, theres 20 traders (inc me) on the desk, and we run ~$20m a piece dependent on K%, we use algo order execution, but no quant scalping shit.
>>
>>580828297
Long term or short term?
>>
>>580828967
OK. we do give value to commodities, provide capital to businesses, and stimulate economic growth, I think thats enough.
>>
>>580824036
How hard do you laugh when moral fag sjw's try to make you feel bad for being alpha capitalist and making more in one year than these faggots will ever make in 2 lifetimes?

Also, do you enjoy your work? Is it as stressful as Hollywood pretends? Do you all do coke and party, etc?
>>
>>580829207
Both I suppose. I mean, it's nice that I don't have to lock into something. I'm happy to move funds around daily if I have to, I just don't know enough to be able to predict when things are good and when they're bad. I just sit there and watch the market feed while I'm at work and hope it goes up. When I notice it going down a bit, I move stuff around. I did try to do some analytics and found some interesting patterns, but I know better than to expect future performance to be based on past performance.

Otherwise, I have around 109k in the plan at the moment and will work for at least 20 years. I'd like to make that as much as possible by the time I retire. And yes, I do contribute to it every paycheck.
>>
>>580828297
As no bumps ill guess;
I'd say your exposure should be
>25% Market
>25% Volatility
>25% Bonds
>20% Stable
>5% EMEA
>>
>>580829758
I love it. It is stressful, I mean, theres a reason why bankers fire themselves of of hotel roofs.

>Greed, for lack of a better word, is good

Fuck the moaning bitches, 'life's hard, and harder because, reasons', get up, do something! its amazing what an unclouded mind can produce
>>
>>580824036
how much do you make?
>>
>>580830810
What do you say to a first year college student looking to do something similar on wall st?
Also is george mason a good school for finance and business?
>>
>>580829923
Avoid the whole daily thing, its a con, no day trader makes money.

nobody can really time the market, 3 months maybe, but down to the week or day, its impossible.

Key thing to remember is that fundamentals rule. ignore technical stuff, its all snake oil.

Id still say
>>580830003
is your best bet, if you're active I'd suggest taking the 20% in stable to play with, picking stocks or sectors, REITs are going to be hot in the coming quarters.
>>
>>580830890
$300,000 pa +~$750k bonus once a year
>>
>>580830810

Im 18 and my academic options are wide open. Aside from but including the greed, your line of work interests me... obviously im no expert in this or any field yet but like i said my potential is promising and im excited about it.

what kind of competition did you face reaching this point and what sort of competition do you deal with now?

i have a second cousin who just got hired on wall street as an analyst. His advice to me was that if i wanted it enough i could work there.

so whats your take on how 'easy' it is to get there?
>>
>>580831735
That's legendary. I'm proud of you. I handle auto injury claims litigation (I'm new to it) making approx 50-60k/year and just finishing my masters. I'm in the wrong field man. Kudos to you though.
>>
Finance major, about a 3.6 at a public u; going for my mba.

I have a supreme networking skills; and am an avid listener/ a mutually beneficial sociopath.

Should I go to a firm/hedge fund/ and or head into marketing?

entp
>>
>>580831421
well,
DONT FALL INTO THE INVESTMENT BANK TRAP.

It sounds get to be an FA at Goldman, but, in fairness, it'll kill you. no bravado, its designed to. If you're into finance, asset management is the way forward.

Sure, GM is a god school. its dependent on your goals. The key thing (if youre after asset management) is to get a trading account open, get trading, a solid K% outranks any degree you can get
>>
>>580832528
if you know what youre talking about, that second cousing i mentioned just stepped into that trap lol
>>
>>580831820
Its not so much dog-eat-dog, its lion-eat-lion, do not get into this business to make friends, because friendship is weakness. everyone in the advanced industry (not FA's or brokers) is here for cash, everyone knows they'll burn out, and they do. The aim is to make as much as possible and retire with as much sanity as possible.
>>
>>580832298
thx /b/ro, If I've learnt anything, its that winners win, and losers lose, corny I know, but it rings true. More power to you friend
>>
>>580832528
What did you study in school and where did you go?
>>
>>580832316
Networking is suited to brokering, as you know a broker is built on clients, if youre great with handling people, you'll make bank with brokering.
>>
>>580832316
Why would you go into marketing?
>>
>>580833478
I took the long road,
>took a job as a bank teller
>traded my own account on the side
>caught the attention of the wealth management arm
>due to my watch was worth more than my managers car
>got talking to the right people
>brokered for a year
>made bank on picking ability
>transferred to fund in bank
>headhunted
>where I am now

Not bad for 26.
>>
how should a /b/tard invest $30k to get the best ROI?
>>
>>580833610
I understand the internet well, social media, design, and have a certain intuition when it comes to branding; I feel. I could see myself working on side with an entrepreneur; whose creating a new product. I would network and help set-up goals through efficiency scales. This seems risky though haha. Are you residing in Newyork?
>>
>>580834273
ASAP or long term?
>>
>>580824036
Why do feel the need to lie on the Internet?
>>
>>580834151
watch me take you out so fast
>>
>>580834453

long-term
>>
What do you think the best way is the arm yourself with knowledge to make money investing in shares (medium/long term | mid/large caps etc..)

I know practice and acting learning while trading is very important and a must.

But in terms of books/study. Did you say you learnt a lot from university? What type of books are ideal? i.e. is the internet a good resource, as it can be difficult wading through all the bullshit / scam artists if you're not experienced.

Any tips or hints.

Also since this is such a cool thread, I'm happy to answer questions on bitcoin trading. I've made 1000s trading it back in the day, not anymore though (for reasons I can outline).
>>
>>580834404
That's banking, well, private equity to be specific. The IB route may be suited to your skills /b/ro.
>>
>>580834713
long market, long volatility.

balance cash, that should see you through semi hedged.
>>
>>580824036
I'm in my senior year of high school and I'm planning on majoring in finance. What am I in for after I make it out of undergrad? What do I do after I get my MBA? Is breaking into the Street as hard as people say? Will I be making enough money to live in the city my first year?
>>
>>580835469
Exact same situation. What career are you interested in?
>>
>>580834725
Really? the best way to learn is to blow up. I did. when you spend every day in front of bloomberg you get a 6th sense for it.

The best thing anyone, and everyone should be doing is read the free data. Know the direction of the economy as a whole.

>ISM PMI
>Housing
>Jobs

Should give you a good base on the overall health.
>>
>>580834725
Great, I actually do have a question on bitcoin:

As a bitcoin trader, are you at all worried about the negative associations with cash as a whole, by governments and central banks?
>>
>>580835727
Until this thread, investment banking. I was thinking of becoming a broker, but as of right now I am leaving my options open. How about you? Do you plan to work on the Street?
>>
>>580835873
Awesome, yah I thought as much.

You can read all the news, all the indicators and data coming out for housing, jobs, GDP etc etc

But what else more specifically? Like about technical analysis | fundamental. Did you find much value in what you studied or could study at university?

Or in books/internet? Where do you go to, to find study resources?

>>580836134
What do you mean associations with cash as a whole exactly?
>>
>>580835469
No, its not. Getting a job on Wall St is way easier than people make out. For good reason. Its marketing.

What I'd say to you and >>580835727

Is to know what you want to do in the long haul, if brokering is where your destined, a FA or junior FA is a great place to start. but if you're after a trading career, get stuck in at a prop firm or fund firm, and impress someone.

Its easier to be a broker that it is to be a trader... just like its easier to sell Ferraris than it is to be an F1 driver
>>
>>580836432
Not entirely sure. I figure a finance major leaves me with plenty of options and I can decide in college which path to take (banking, trading, asset management, even consulting.) I wouldn't mind Chicago or New York. Where are you going to school?
>>
>>580836465
Absolutely fucking not. College can teach you nothing on trading. It CAN teach you classical analysis, but the robots do that now, its assumed. The best way to learn in this game is to do it, cliche I know, trading is a personal thing, what I do day to day may be hell to you, you need to find your cut, settle in it and run with it. Information is king, but information doesnt make a stock tick up, people do.
>>
>>580837173
I've applied to Loyola in Chicago,Babson, and Bentley which are outside of Boston. How about you?

>>580836885
If I wanted to be a trader, what position would I start in?
>>
What is your position with Treasuries and are you completely fucked in the head at this hour on a weekend anyway?
>>
>>580836465
Well, its no secret that the central banks would be better off without cash, after all, no cash = no crime, if you can track every transaction there can be no crime. Bitcoin, imo, flies in the face of that, taking cash online .
>>
>>580837796
Indiana University is where I'll very likely end up. I could almost certainly get into Northwestern but I'm not willing to take on large amounts of debt. I guess neither of us will end up at target schools but IU is decent when it comes to recruiting on campus. Also it has good networking opportunities.
>>
Or to put it more politely, what is your opinion on a wealth tax?
>>
>>580837796
That is difficult, to break in to the trading world, you need to be able to trade. Its like the NBA, or premier league football, be good at what you do and you'll get picked up. the route I'd suggest is to get a back office job at a fund, and work your way in that way. the key is to get in front of someone with some influence, talk some stock, impress them.

Going from broker to trader imo is harder than going from grad to trader
>>
>>580838679
Wealth tax I'm totally against. besides personal interests, as a country you want as much cash on shore as possible, if you threaten a tax on wealth, the intelligent will move their wealth off shore. Its a fine line

>>580838015
No, I'm semi sober, on the beers, but no substances, used to have a coke habit, but thats behind me now. As for Gov's: yeah, they're safe. They should be your base, but bond ladders etc arent great, your money;s better in the market.
>>
>>580838415
Well, certainly no Ivy league for me, but I'm fine with that. I don't think I'll have a problem getting into the business and neither will you. Good luck, anon.

>>580838741
What would a "back office job" be, exactly? What would that type of job pay while I break into the trading business?
>>
>>580837619
That's what I thought, thanks.

>>580838059
Well, bitcoin in itself is not cash. It's a cryptocurrency, i.e. virtualised.
You can trade fiat currency for crypto though obviously and trade between crypto.

Bitcoin in the protocol itself is not anonymous, it's pseudo-anonymous at best.
You can trace any and all transactions of bitcoin movement in the 'blockchain', i.e. you can see the movement of money.

If you want to anonymise yourself you use a tumbling service. It's kind of like torrents. You have 1000 people send in 1000 bitcoins. It gets shuffled around so each person gets 1/1000 of one person, so in the end everyone has 1000 different sets of bitcoins from 1000 different people.

Meaning that you've turned 'your coins' into new 'fresh coins'. You need enough liquidity though, to ensure enough tumbling will 'hide' you.

The major difference in my mind that governments and most people dont grasp is that it's a completely decentralised currency, i.e. there's no central bank issuing it. It's not created anywhere, it is mined by a person calculating/cracking a hash (kind of like bruteforcing a password), and the rest of the network 'confirms it' through the blockchain (like a big phone directory that keeps track of all bitcoins).

The top reasons why governments/FBI dont like bitcoins is:
1. It's decentralised / easy to set up (i.e. you cant stop it even if you wanted to)
2. It's on the internet and uncontrollable (due to its P2P style nature and it being 100% virtualised)
3. Taxing it is really annoying
4. Once you anonymise your coins, it's perfect for buying illegal shit
5. It's a great alternative to cash (fiat) / e-cash (like paypal aka fiat in electronic form).

Yeah they hate it a little bit less now that they are taxing it (capital gains / exchange between business e.g. GST) but they really dont like it unless it was a centralised government controlled crypto (which defeats the purpose imo).
>>
How did you get into 4chan? Would you ever let your colleagues know that you frequent this website?

Just find this an extremely curious place; I'm an associate at one of the mega law firms and don't know any other lawyers who go on here haha
>>
>>580839534
Back office is admin, reception, clearing. Don't be fooled, its shit tier work, probably pays better than other shit tier work, but shit tier none the less.

Think of it as being paid to be in the vicinity of the people that have the ability of taking you to the next level. If you're sitting on reception like a faggot eventually a fund manager will walk by, and you can jump in their way, talk shop, slip in a stock pick, and you're on the radar of the fuckers that matter. thats worth 10 x college degrees.

>Its not the grades you make, its the hands you shake.
>>
>>580840374
How long do you think it will take? How much bullshit will I have to put up?
>>
>>580824036
any chance you could help out on an internship search? I'm a financial management major senior
>>
>>580840289
God, I cant even remember, I've been lurking here for years. Im sure some shrink would draw connections between the hostile work environment to the sense of community here, the anonymous factor vs being known as 'that fucker who makes a fortune',

Yeah, I get that. Its a similar mindset between finance & law. Ultra competitive, dog-eat-dog, a lot of comparisons!
>>
do you have an average day or is it all pretty different? if so, what's it look like?
>>
>>580834151

how much did you start with in your account when you were trading initially? did you take on high risk and just get lucky or did you actually know what you were doing, when you first got started?
>>
>>580840769
A lot. More than you'd think. The main stumbling block would be pride. You'll catch shit from the traders, sure, thats what we do, as I said, theres no friends in this business, but, IF you know what you're doing, and you talk some sense, 3 months you could make on-desk admin/clearing. maybe a year until you make in as a junior PM,

Say what you like about finance, the industry spots talent and uses it.
>>
>>580840881
Yeah, I can do that. You looking for US based or UK
>>
>>580841986
USA, i've applied with BlackRock for their summer analyst program but definitely need more options
>>
>>580841597
$10k

No, I was a fucking lunatic, doing all the BS day trading shit, thinking I was hot. I took a 70% drawdown, stopped, and took a serious approach. You'll never make a million overnight, it doesn't happen.
>>
>>580842374
would you say youre smart
>>
>>580842260
Sure. I've got some ability to pull strings at Barclays & KCG, I could probably do a little with Morgan Stanley, but on the trade/dealer side of things.

Lord knows how we get in touch outside of /b/
>>
>>580841832
Thanks for all your help, OP. Maybe I'll see you on the Street some day. Godspeed.
>>
>>580842887
Smart? I like to think so, I mean, I've got some arbitrary IQ of circa 140, (which is meaningless btw) I can do general knowledge quizzes quite well.

But if you're asking 'am I smart enough to do this job', If you can think of cause and effect, then yes. If you can hear the news saying 'JAPAN TSUNAMI', and you instantly think, Buy Japanese building firms, you're on the right track.
>>
>>580843181
I'll catch you at the exchange! Just keep it in your cross-hairs, you'll get there
>>
>>580843545
thanks champ
>>
Been Lurking here from the UK, i have massive aspirations to be exactly how you are, currently saving up 10k to start trading. Good to hear about avoiding investment bank as thats what i've been doing, looking at asset management which is good to hear you say its where the money is as i set myself crazy goals, i want to be a millionaire before 30, I'm 22. Do you recommend which websites i should put my 10k into? and also do you recommend me focusing on one specific area? i was thinking of building a strat around small/mid cap companies trying to spot companies i think will blow up!
>>
>>580842897
haha for real though thats always the problem! It seems like you're interested in trying to help though at least and thats all I need at this point is some guidance. Any chance of being able to contact each other outside of the thread?
>>
>>580843690
How hard would it be for me to get a job as a stockbroker without a finished uni degree or any relevant work experience?
>>
As someone with a quant finance degree some of the "advice" in this thread is horseshit. I also work for a hedge fund
>>
>>580844236
>>580844236
>>580844236
>>580844236
>>580844236
>>580844236
>>580844236
>>
>>580844106
Ok, My advice is to start from the top. Get a grip on macro economic data, and get hot on predicting the economy as a whole.

Once you can predict the economy, focus down on what sectors you think will out/underperform.

when you get good at sector selection, then move on to stocks.

Of course, getting a good grasp on hedging out risk and volatility is a must.

Id advise against getting to deep into individual sectors on your own account. Top down first, bottom up later.
>>
>>580844150
Yeah, I'd like to help. Its a tough industry, I wish I had someone to help me into it. Set up a burner email and i'll fire you my contact.
>>
>>580844160
Not too difficult, remember its a sales position. Just like in cars, houses, anything, if you can sell, you can be a stockbroker. If your CV is lacking, my advice is lie... lie, get passed the box checkers in HR, get in front of someone with some say, and if you're good, you're in
>>
>>580844236
Cool story.

How does it feel trying to solve an insolvable 'problem'?
>>
>>580845338
try /b/[email protected]
>>
OP thanks for doing this. It'd be cool to have your contact info too: [email protected]
>>
>>580845005
Ok man thanks for the advise, i try to watch bloomberg once a day for about an hour, my degree is pretty busy at the moment. I want my degree for backbone otherwise id just leave and focus on it i love it and i don't even trade yet (i fantasy trade) ready information and such it interests me! just hope I am able to get noticed failure is not an option with me.
>>
>>580834151

Also curious what watch you had that caught your managers attention?
>>
>>580846537
Rolex Datejust, solid gold with a factory diamond dial, I still have it somewhere... Ill see if I can get a pic to upload
>>
>>580845642
What exactly do you mean when you say "lie"? Thanks for your answer and for doing this!
>>
>>580824036

i was considering taking the 7 and 63, both are available to me. If i switch to being an FA how hard is it to build a book of business?
>>
>>580846937
Well, when your CV goes into a fund/ prop firm, they have idiots, also known as HR, who are told to 'make sure candidates hold a certain level of academic achievement'.

Fuck these people.

Lie, get the boxes checked, meet the guy who actually counts, and impress him.

instead of having your CV thrown out as soon as it comes through.
>>
>>580847656
wouldnt HR do background checks
>>
>>580847656
Is a degree in finance a good Idea and how lucrative is stockbroking really?

That's what I wanna do
>>
>>580847481
its a time thing, not a difficulty thing, unless you're starting your own brokerage house. If you go down the broker route through an IB, you'll get access to the banks book, which your goal is to turn as many as possible from the banks clients, to your clients.

FA's job is to analyse, as an FA you dont need clients, you present your work to the broker or trader, then they act however on, or not on your information.
>>
File: rolex-stainless-steel-datejust.jpg (25KB, 220x240px) Image search: [Google]
rolex-stainless-steel-datejust.jpg
25KB, 220x240px
what watch do you wear now?
>>
Any advice on someone just trying to start out? Like books or websites that go over everything? My friend just dumped $1100ish on apple , so I was going to do something similar (more money though), good idea?
>>
>>580847897
The average IB position gets 10k applicants, they don't do backgroung checks until you get it. And once you get it, you're home, BS off the issues, and prove yourself.
>>
>>580845338
any luck on that OP?
>>
>>580847656
Ah ok I see what you are saying. Again thanks alot much appreciated!
>>
>>580848424
find your watch
>>
>>580848320
Depends on the day, I'm into Rolex, I wear a Brietling when I dont want to seem too flashy, an Omega when I'm doing shit, Rolex in the evenings & daily, Tag when I'm in the house, its a feel thing
>>
>>580848218

i current work for a wealth management firm ;ets call it Shmorgan Smanley on the bottom tier, waiting to work my way up. I work on the tech side but i regularly talk to FA's.I guess i thought the FA's did the trading. It seemed like an easy job, just picking the managed platform to put the client on and selling them on it
>>
File: picsasreq.jpg (312KB, 1632x1224px)
picsasreq.jpg
312KB, 1632x1224px
>>580848757
tah-dah
>>
>>580848603
Yeah, I fired over my email, no luck on your end?
>>
>>580824036
would you suggest becoming one?
>>
>>580848949
No, no no! the FA's are the lowest of the low! You probably out rank them. FA's do the research, Maybe if a broker likes them, they'll pitch their idea to the clients. FA is entry level.
>>
>>580849813
Also UK based here, wonder if it's common that London-based firms have ties to Wall Street that could get me to work over there. I assume the big ones all have offices in both.

Also Will a finance degree do me any good at all to start off?!
>>
advise on hedging?
>>
>>580849945
If its what you want to do, yes. Its a job for those who'll sell their soul to the highest bidder, You'll earn well, but you may not be the same you when you retire.

They pay so well because, that's the price for what they take. Morose I know, but they get their pound of flesh.
>>
File: 1416716197499466527910.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
1416716197499466527910.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
You lack style op
>>
OP how tall are you?
>>
>>580849813
Na still no luck... if you dont mind try one more time at [email protected]. Thanks man
>>
>>580824036

Can I have a job?
>>
>>580850530
The sole purpose of hedging is to limit risk, if you're long, you need a short. You can balance cash, long $10k, short $10k, but its better to sync volatility, use 3 year beta.
>>
>>580850560
elaborate on that pound of flesh analogy be personal
>>
>>580824036
Are you preparing for the wave of layoffs as a result of being replaced by the strats that my minions of chinks and indians are writing right now for 100k instead of your bloated 300k+comp?
>>
>>580850485
Yeah, the Volker rule really fucked the prop trading industry in the US. Ironically you'll be more likely to trade US stocks offshore these days.
>>
>>580824036
how do you feel about these oil pipelines?

i'm in wealth management and i've been recommending some midstream MLPs to some of my clients for the income... but they got hit hard last month
>>
>>580824036
re:
>>580850938

I'm doing maths + actuarial degree but I don't have a job yet
>>
when was the last time you got laid? did you pay for it?

what's your height?

do you know how to triforce?
>>
>>580851170
I have $60,000 in student and a car loan what's the best way to pay them off in an entire year? What could I invest in and how much would I need to invest to make the payments.... I make approximately 43,000 I am self employed but have a contract with the state to do inspections of group homes.
>>
>>580824036
Currently Econ undergrad in DePaul (uni in Chicago). Any reccommendations on how to get into a hedge fund?
>>
OP mail me with your number one stock pick to invest all my money in: [email protected]
>>
>>580850980
Well, aside from the 5.00am to 10.00pm work day

and the arbitrary short going into jobs day 'I want less people working blah blah'

The job desensitises you. Its a stereotype that the job attracts psychopaths, I think it manufactures them. your instinct has to be, 9/11 = short NY REITS, not 9/11 = tragedy.

Also, theline between good and bad doesnt exist, its all down to dollars.

I know on /b/ is hardly the place, but I've come this far....

It takes away from you as a person... Its hard to describe.

Permission to call me a faggot: granted
Thread posts: 143
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.