[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Click for more| Home]

Does consciousness end at death? “Energy cannot be created

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 239
Thread images: 37

File: jesus.jpg (39KB, 336x500px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
jesus.jpg
39KB, 336x500px
Does consciousness end at death?

“Energy cannot be created or destroyed, it can only be changed from one form to another.”


? Albert Einstein
>>
we are not made of energy. we are made of carbon.
>>
You turn into chemical energy and push daisies. Then other things eat the plants you fertilize and your energy is transfered to them.
>>
>>560609879
Agreed I came to this conclusion a while ago, I never realized Einstein said this...but it makes total sense if you think about it
>>
Dirt can't think or feel. It doesn't have neurons or muscles.

It's just dirt.

Brain damage can take away ability to think and feel, so let's not bullshit about "energy".

We're meat and then we won't be.
>>
You turn into chemical energy and push daisies. Then other things eat the plants you fertilize and your energy is transferred to them. -
>>
>>560609879
>no
i dont think consiousness will end with death.
>>
>>560609879
You turn into chemical energy and push daisies. Then other things eat the plants you fertilize and your energy is transferred to them.
>>
>>560609879
>Consciousness is a consequence of your brain functioning properly.
>In death your brain ceases to function.
>In death consciousness ceases.

My thought process on this.
>>
Jesus
>>
I certainly hope so, having eternal conciousness is the most terrifying thing I can imagine.
>>
>>560611096
If given the choice, personally, I would choose an eternal consciousness over 60-100 years.

How could you not desire that level of understanding and significance?
>>
I believe that we meld back into a different, singular, existence when we die. A sense of self and individuality is part of the experience of being human. It becomes unimportant when we leave our physical form. We have a fear of the unknown, therefore we assume that losing an individuality that has defined our experience as a physical being is a bad thing. However it is just a thing. It will happen and the fear of it is irrelevant. I feel that when you do die, you lose this fear and these feelings. You are able accept it as your natural state of being. I don't think there is any reason to focus on what happens after you die, because you will have a very long time to experience it. The time you have in this life is very limited so it is important to focus on living.
>>
Assuming we have a soul or some sort of transferrable existence.

>2014
>Still believes in souls

Actual fact is we die. That's it.
>>
>>560611801
A well planned life can have an impact after death. Focusing on the future is not such a bad thing.
>>
The brain is constantly resisting entropy by organising itself. When the neurons die, the brain finally reaches entropy.
>>
>>560609879
Conciousness is the result of energy+meat. It's like saying you can play videogames just with electricity. You need a computer too.
>>
>>560609879

why do you still quote that Jew?
>>
>>560610754
/thread
>>
File: mr miml.jpg (4MB, 7755x7326px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
mr miml.jpg
4MB, 7755x7326px
>>560612185
>>
>>560610141
>we are not made of energy. we are made of carbon.

So it's carbon that allows the brain to function and transfer information.

Dayum, I need to go back to basic biology.

Topkek.

>>560610754

Energy can even be pulled from anywhere in the atmosphere given enough criteria is met. What energy is everywhere and invisible!!!

Lawls dumbasses
>>
>>560610806

Your brain functions from energy transfer not from the actual brain. Energy cannot cease to exist

topkek teaching basic bio to 12 year oldsa
>>
>>560609879

Yes

Consciousness is a collection of processes going on the brain. When those processes stop, consciousness stops too.

(The energy is not destroyed, but consciousness is. Lots of parts of consciousness will survive its death, e.g. the molecules that constitute it. To suppose that since some part of consciousness survives, conciousness must do as well, is a straightforward fallacy of composition.)
>>
File: costanza.gif (1MB, 264x264px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
costanza.gif
1MB, 264x264px
>>560612582
Brain off is consciousness off.
>>
>>560612808
>(The energy is not destroyed, but consciousness is. Lots of parts of consciousness will survive its death, e.g. the molecules that constitute it. To suppose that since some part of consciousness survives, conciousness must do as well, is a straightforward fallacy of composition.)

energy itself is a consciousness lawls..since the source OF consciousness. Obviously not human esk you retarded neckbeared.

>>560612845

but but but energy can't be turned off...

lawls fedora fag
>>
>>560612582
>>560612738
>>
This thread reeks of euphoric commentary
>>
A book about consciousness and causation by Celia Green.

She is also author of The Human Evasion:
http://deoxy.org/evasion/toc.htm
>>
>>560612738
The energy from the body is used up/transferred through various ways ... The heat is the most obvious. The nervous system basically fries and defaults to protect your from unnecessary pain. So it completely ceases like 10 minutes after the brain is officially down.

I know you're trolling. But some of us have genuine trouble coping with the eternal darkness we all face. And by darkness I mean the period of lack of consciousness after our brain ceases to function. The eternal dreamless sleep we all face.
>>
>>560613189

keep on hating fedorafag

feed me your little bitch tears lawls
>>
File: 1401992925464.jpg (64KB, 600x450px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1401992925464.jpg
64KB, 600x450px
>>560609879
Conciousness=RAM
once turned off w/o saving, the word document is gone
>>
>>560609879
If it doesn't end at death then it doesn't start at birth either. Better start remembering.
>>
>>560613134

There is no reason whatsoever to believe that energy in general is conscious.

But even if there was, it wouldn't help your view, since your consciousness is obviously produced by the brain.
>>
>>560613385
>he heat is the most obvious

heat returns into kinetic/potential energy once transfer is over. Nigga go back to community college quit being me this bitch arguments.

>So it completely ceases like 10 minutes after the brain is officially down.

Yes silly child, heat energy ceases, not energy itself. topkek

>I know you're trolling.

Nah, I just love condescending the fedora dumbass on this website.

>lack of consciousness after our brain ceases to function. The eternal dreamless sleep we all face.

Nah, energy is it's own consciousness obviously not human esk as your fedora fag would have it defined by.

>>560613750
> general is conscious.

It is in it's energy characsteric way not in the way your fedora retard self tries to explain it based off.

>since your consciousness is obviously produced by the brain.

LOL.

>energy is produced by the brain only

Lawls this fucking awesome
>>
File: Richard Dunn.jpg (54KB, 500x370px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Richard Dunn.jpg
54KB, 500x370px
>>560612582
>>560612738
>>560613134
>>560613405

Just wanted to organize this persons post for other people's enjoyment.

>all the "lawls" and "topkeks".
>>
>>560610354
>what is measurable electric current at the point of synapse from neurons in the brain?

go back to freshmen bio pleb.
>>
>>560613530
JESUS SAVES
>>
>>560613973

Because this shit hilarious how retarded people are.

They're literally trying to argue against basic science.

12 years must infest this website.

Topkek faggots. Go back to your 7th grade bio class
>>
File: randis-prize.jpg (18KB, 259x400px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
randis-prize.jpg
18KB, 259x400px
This is an interesting book on the subject.
I know many fedoras who won't agree, but still covers most of the debate in a neutral way, even if the author does not agree with pseudo skeptics like james randi in his own conclusion at the end.

http://www.skeptiko.com/randi-prize-exposed-in-new-book/
>>
>>560614057
>Give someone who wants to think like a "philosopher" a piece of information and they will misunderstand the fuck out of it.

Nah it's all science. No philosophy.

Energy is consciousness because science says so and since you can'te refute laws of energy, it is!
>>
File: Brian peppers.jpg (11KB, 273x243px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Brian peppers.jpg
11KB, 273x243px
>>560613930
Heat transfer is from the surrounding air and ground of the corpse you moron.

The nervous system energy I was talking about frying is how that energy is genuinely used. You're ignoring genuine facts. THe nervous system energy which produces our consciousness does not do whatever you believe it does. It does not get "absorbed into the air" or whatever you're trying to claim. It fries out.

Energy is not it's own consciousness that is moronic. Lightning does not have a consciousness and neither does fire.
>>
>>560609879
Energy CAN be destroyed.
Matter can not. It can only turn from one form to another.

So, sorry about that consciousness.
>>
>>560614437
>Heat transfer is from the surrounding air and ground of the corpse you moron.

Correct but heat energy transfer into other energy silly child. It does not stay in heat energy permanently. topkek

arguing with retards, winning the internet.

>. It does not get "absorbed into the air"

It has to since the air itself is energy. Wind is physical energy silly child but for wind to be created energy had to be pulled out.

>Lightning does not have a consciousness and neither does fire.

It does silly child, not just in the human defined consciousness.

please debate me more 12 year fedora fags

lawls
>>
>>560609879
When you die all the heat is transferred from your body and all you're particles are broken down.

Therefore nothing is destroyed just redistributed. That means all the cells in your brain are gone so your consciousness is gone.
>>
>>560614351
I science says so, then you can cite yourself easily.
>The almighty argument against retards
>>
>>560610691
Then you sir are a fucken idiot.
>>
>>560614838
Oh my god, either you are literally autistic, or you are attempting to "troll". Either way, you are an autistic fuck and should go back to Reddit, where people might actually buy your bullshit.

Everyone else, ignore this guy. He's either too stupid to learn, or he's doing it on purpose. Either way, don't waste your time "debating" him.
>>
>>560609879
I hope it doesn't my friend, I hope it doesn't.
>>
You have a brain; a brain is a biological computational device running on electrochemical process. Your consciousness is an emergent property of said process. In other words: you are the electrochemical process.

Fundamentally you have experience of continuous existence. You are you, at this point in time. You have sensation of riding along this continuum of being you, into the future. On occasion brain can be subjected to trauma, temporarily discontinuing electrochemical process, such as a boxer being knocked out. As this occurs the brain is no longer running it's electrochemical generating process. Hence consciousness is lost. You lose consciousness. Pay attention now. At this point in time, your consciousness, all that is you, your continuum of being you has caused to exist in the physical world. Now, moments later, the electrochemical process may start up again, allowing consciousness to emerge out of the information stored in the brain.

But I wonder. Where are you in the meantime? Must we not assume that at the point when consciousness is lost, the person dies? If a new consciousness appears or not in the same brain is entirely inconsequential to the dead consciousness. The new consciousness is simply a new person.
Because it emerges from the same brain it has access to all the memories and cognitive structures. as the dead consciousness, so it thinks it is the same person, but in actuality it is just an impostor inheriting the body and brain from the previous, now dead, inhabitant.
>>
File: Asian kid e3 2011.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Asian kid e3 2011.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>560614838
>arguing with retards, winning the internet
>air itself is energy.
The air is the container for the energy.
>lightning has a consciousness

2deluded2arguewith

Escaping your ignorance and this thread nao.
>>
Ofcourse it does.

If consciousness is also energy (which it isn't), then falling asleep or getting knocked unconscious and also waking up would be a violation of the laws of physics.

death is the end - and your question is only a little bit of doubt, and a whole lot of wishful thinking.
>>
>>560610691
Then you are a stupid fucking faggot and you should kill yourself and enjoy your conciousness there. Leave us alone intelligent people here to continue our fucking speciES GO FUCKING KILL YOURSELF FAGGOT.
>>
File: rekt.gif (1MB, 263x229px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
rekt.gif
1MB, 263x229px
>>560615131
>>
>>560609879
According to Alan Watts, death is not the end of consciousness since consciousness is just a collection of experiences and you cannot have an experience of nothing. Nature abhors a vacuum, so at your death you will wake up at your next birth completely unaware that you had ever been born before. Just consider what it's like to go to sleep and never wake up, than consider what it's like to wake up after never having gone to sleep.
>>
Consciousness is the electrical impulses of your brain due to the fact the brain has an electric potential. No more potential, no more consciousness
>>
>>560615118


awww would you like me to read you 7th grade biology book. Nah bitch I'm not your mother.

>>560615156

Awww looks like I've hurt your feelings too. Need a tampon to wipe those tears little bitch? Can't into basic biology of energy?

Pretty much this is what woman do, so I'm going assume you're a woman.

Post tits you dumb bitch and quit your bitch whining.


>>560615257

Nature has it's own consciousness that is not defined by human dictionary. Doesn't matter if you like it or not you feely faggot.
>>
>>560610141
carbon, like all matter, is also energy

ever heard the equation e = mc^2 ?
well, the m stands for mass and the e stands for energy, and the c is a constant, so energy and matter is really two words for the same thing.
>>
>>560614838
> lawl ur so trolled
> look I am trolling /b/
> my face mfw!! Haxorz!
>>
>>560615551
Yes I would like you to.
Shirley it's as simple as you say.
>>
>>560614838
You're a goofball
>>
If there is an afterlife, I think it would be beyond our comprehension. I very much doubt we would experience consciousness as we know it
>>
>>560615504
>No more potential, no more consciousness

Nah, I'll do >muh science and says how energy works is energy consciousness and bam! You're wrong.

>but but but that consciousness isn't what the dictionary says cuz it's not human esk!!

topkek

>>560615726

Gotta get on retards level of language. Now time for fagtag

#getonmylevelfaggot

>>560615738

Nah, ask your mother to spoon fed you
>>
>>560615156
>"troll"

Jesus H. Christ, troll is in quotes!

I think we're being raided by reddit, /b/rothers. Or it could be /pol/ it's been a slow day at the war. . . .

but we are being raided
>>
>>560615609
>being this retarded
>>
>>560615880
Spoon feeding can't be so difficult that you can't do it, right?
>>
Do all dogs go to heaven?
>>
>>560615821

I'm so unserious about being serious. Thanks.
>>
>>560615504
this..
is probably the shortest, and simplest true answer ITT.

If OP does not understand this, and stops hoping for immortality, then he simply doesn't want to know the truth.
>>
File: 1407025978410.jpg (139KB, 730x503px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1407025978410.jpg
139KB, 730x503px
Pls, Everybody, don't take the bait
this is an obvious troll attempt, so pls stop humoring him.
nobody can be this stupid and new
>>
>>560616045

Yea but you need baby steps, self Independence!

Get to it little timmy!
>>
>>560616260

>bait because he makes me feel stupid and my feelings get hurt

Topkek womoonz. Post more tits since you faggots like it

>>560616058

YEP! but not as dogs.
>>
>>560616265
Teach me, ascended master who is incapable of showing somebody a book
>>
>>560609879
Some tard at school once asked me if atoms are alive because they can
>like move and stuff
I'll tell you what I told him: fuck off.
>>
>>560615465
>you will wake up at your next birth completely unaware that you had ever been born before
Then how is it you in any way, shape or form if there's no memory?

The baby being born would obviously be made of different matter to your dead body - and its brain would share none of the wirings that made you.

It's like Trigger's broom all over again.
>>
>>560616008
>implying i said anything false or even remotely questionable.
>>
File: 1401125651961.jpg (40KB, 283x315px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1401125651961.jpg
40KB, 283x315px
>>560612738
>>560613134
>>560613405
>>560613930
>>560614181
>>560614838
>>560615551
>>560615880
>>560616094
>this guy
>mfw your counsciousness could be downloaded into a computer
>mfw you could be trolling forever
>>
>>560616648

I like your initiative at least you actually ask instead of making me do it because you're a giant pussy but no thanks. Do it real life now and sure!
>>
File: another_world.png (5KB, 560x352px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
another_world.png
5KB, 560x352px
LOL @ trying to explain a potential real or unreal next level of existence from the understanding gained in this existence.
>>
>>560615880
We are all energy and energy is consciousness. Atoms are made of the left over energy from he formation of protons. Protons and electrons make up atoms. Movement of electrons or ions is electricity. Brain creates action potential due to ions. Thus, No potential no conciousness
>>
>>560609879

I think this thread really belongs over in /v/ because OP is trying to bait us with the whole new-age afterlife bullshit.

Go join a cult. That will save you from thinking for yourself.
>>
>>560613998
So?
It's not magic, the electricity is generated by us eating and breathing. It's not some THIRD EYE POWERPLANT or some shit.
When we die, we die.
>>
File: bait.jpg (18KB, 500x500px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
bait.jpg
18KB, 500x500px
>>560616425
>>
>>560616260
I wish you were right. But as it stands, only a tiny fraction of the earths population has actually come to terms with their own mortality.
>>
>>560615947
>troll in quote

>he must be raiding, not making fun other Anon's inability to even decently troll
>>
I find it hard to believe i will stop remembering things after i die. Why do i remember everything now and not after i die? Its a complicated thing
>>
File: 1402864505308.gif (495KB, 500x375px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1402864505308.gif
495KB, 500x375px
>>560617386
literally the stupidest thing in this thread(that isn't OP)
>>
LOL, plebs arguing about life after death is as pointless as life itself.
>>
>>560616891

Technically it can but it would be defined as a computer consciousness not the one dictionary uses to define humans you retard.

>>560616954

Ah but the underlying is pure energy that creates the those physical effect. The physical does not create the energy, the energy creates the physical. That is what you're not understanding. Physical can be destroyed, energy cannot, it's always there and continuous, constant and aware (in it's own way).

>>560617036

Sorry I hurt your feelings kid, I can gif a tissue for you if you like?

>>560617197

Only trolling because I don't agree with >muh feels of this faggots.

he dun agreeee wit me he b trolling!!

Sounds like bitch talk.

>>560617386

Well your memory while imprinted into your brain computer is always guided by the energy to imprint into your brain. Not all your memory is lost, some of it become imprinted in to the energy of your brain.
>>
As far as I am concerned, there is only one single reason to even entertain the possibility of a something-or-other after death.

And that is the concept of infinity.
If, and only if, the universe is infinitely huge, and furthermore, only one of an infinite number of universes in the multiverse. If that is the case, then who knows, perhaps some time again, in the course of infinite time, somewhere, in the middle of infinite space, the configuration that is you, might repeat itself.

I'm not saying this is certain, nor am I saying it's provable. But since infinity has some pretty odd properties - perhaps Nietzsche was right when he proposed the eternal recurrence of the same.
>>
>>560617568
>pointless as life itself.

Only people who argue this are beta faggots.

>lyfe is hard so I'm gonna use argument it's pointless to give up
>>
File: bait.png (69KB, 625x626px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
bait.png
69KB, 625x626px
>>560617579
>>
>jellyfish

brains r 4 fags
>>
>>560617563

Do you not know how philosphy works?
>>
>>560617737

nom nom nom
>>
>>560617386
>>560617563
That's the stupidest thing I've read this year
>>
>>560617579
>trying this hard to troll everybody
nigga please
>>
>>560617737
This is literally the image that popped into my head when I saw his post. Can you believe this guy?
>>
>>560617925

Nigga I just raped your mind, take it and enjoy it!

>>560618025
I bait so hard, you can't even argue >muh science

Topkek
>>
>>560617720
only beta faggots who are secretly hoping they're actually alpha use concepts like "beta" to put somebody else down.
>>
>>560618130
I didn't read half of your post. I rejected it simply based on the fact that you are replying to everybody, and you are making zero sense.
>>
>>560617879
Yes, and I also know how science works.
1.You remember things with your brain
2.When you die, your brain "turns-off"
3.Therefore, when you die you can no longer remember things.

On the other hand, I could just be misunderstanding your post
>Why do i remember everything now and not after i die
I have no idea what this part even means
>>
>>560618230

Nigga, I'm using it as reality based arguement. All these faggots who argue life is pointless are pathetic you tard, not about my personal feelz on confidence. I'm serious go talk to those psuedo faggots who believe life is pointless, they're most retarded bunch ever.

But sure if it makes you feels better, you're right.
>>
>>560617579
Yes but the specific energy needed to experience consciousness is one part on the electromagnetic force. Without a specific part of all the energy we have ever known to produce this electric potential on just one of our organs, there will be no consciousness.
>>
If all humans had to wait 6 million years for earth to be constructed and be born, i dont think time is something when you die. So if i died in my sleep, would i ever know i really died yet?
>>
>>560610349
once the brain cells die and the nerves nolonger fire what was you has expired. if life is restored before the body degraded the person would be alive again.

the energy transmitted between to nerve cells is not what defines you, it is meerly the communication of a chemical mass of cells.

you are a biological machine, nothing more. the energy generated is not hoo-doo magic but electrical pulses generayed by acid/base cellular that have adapted over great time.
>>
>>560618558
>6 million
I_wonder_who_could_be_behind_this_post.jpg
>>
>>560618382

Damnit, looks like I need to dumb down myself again. Alright

>>560618505
>there will be no consciousness.

Except you just defined consciousness that of energy. Energy is not human tard, stop trying to assume define consciousness as that of human characteristic.

>>560618573
>the energy generated is not hoo-doo magic but electrical pulses generayed by acid/base cellular that have adapted over great time.

topkek energy is now hoodoo magic. This shit is funny as fuck.
>>
>>560618392

Yeah, but if your brain turns off, it still has those memories inside right? They dont dissappear magically. They are stored inside.
>>
>>560618674
earth is 1000 years old
>>
>>560609879
Yeah but the fancy dancy dance of energy in your brain will be changed into some other shit that isn't so fancy dancy.

So sure, your going to continue to exist as some fucking electron in the soil waiting to be converted into something else...

Your sure as shit not going to be pondering the nature of your existence anymore.
>>
>>560618558
i thought we're supposed to never go full retard???
>>
>>560618558
No one ever knows the exact point they ever really die.
>>
File: 1406575590810.jpg (28KB, 435x326px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1406575590810.jpg
28KB, 435x326px
If there's anything you shouldn't try to do on /b/, it's to try to have a decent discussion about interesting topics like this.

Just look at all these stupid idiotic shitposting fucks in this thread as a reference.
>>
>>560609879
Your quote has nothing to do with your question, you fucking tard.

Just because energy (your body rotting and thus it's energy being transferred into creatures in the ground, or your body evaporating into heat if you are creamted) changes forms and doesn't disappear completely it doesn't mean that your consciousness (caused by chemical/electrical reactions in your brain) will keep on living when your brain dies.

Faggot.
>>
let's assume that there is some sort of life after death ... either spiritual or organic, but in either or both cases, the continuation of our lives after we die.

If this were true, then certainly there would be some verifiable evidence along the line. There has never been any such evidence that would stand up to even the most lax scientific standard of proof.

James Randi has had a $1 million reward for decades for anyone who can proffer such evidence. It has never been collected.

So think about it. All the years that humans have come and gone and not even ONE verifiable instance of proof of life after death. Not one. Ever.
>>
I'm surprised there aren't so many retards talking about afterlife, soul, or Jesus shit
>>
>>560618674

I really just threw a guess up. Didnt bother googling. I meant billion, but im still wrong.
>>
>>560618786
dude, if you dumbed yourself down, the universe might implode.
>>
>>560618789
>has those memories inside right?

Perhaps it's energy memory and not human memory?But that's going psuedo so I make no claim for this to be true and couldn't' care less on this part if you believe me or not.

>>560618928

Because once someone disagress everyone feelings get hurt and >muh feels becomes, that's shit posting!! That's trolling. Happens in RL too. Whaaa you hurt my feelings by not agreeing with my opinions!
>>
>>560618786
Without electric potential, there will be no consciousness
>>
>>560611979
you're alright people.
>>
File: bait2.jpg (32KB, 625x626px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
bait2.jpg
32KB, 625x626px
>>560618786
>>
>>560618928

Maybe because everyone in the world is ignorant of what exactly happens when youre dead cobsidering nobody experienced it
>>
>>560619034
>Implying I'm God

Well then, I must be fucking right then since I dictate the physical realm. Thanks for the ego boost.

>>560619098

Well obviously yes but word "without" cannot happen unless you've figured out a way to break the laws of energy. Do tell and I'll reascend everything.

>>560619189


nom nom nom
>>
>>560618941
what about muh cheezuz?
he died and came back, amirite?
checkmate!
>>
>>560618789
Dude, this is not Assassins's Creed. They are stored, yes, but they decay within hours. And no, you can't just freeze everything.
>>
>>560619306
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
File: bait3.png (26KB, 527x409px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
bait3.png
26KB, 527x409px
>>560619075
>But that's going psuedo so I make no claim for this to be true
B-but that's what you've been doing this entire thread
>>
>>560619285
>dead cobsidering nobody experienced it

Nah world would still bitch, people have died and come back to tell their stories, doesn't mean there true (in the context of the reaction).

>>560619414
>>560619414
>>560619414

I respect navy seals, why you gotz to be mean like that :((((((
>>
>>560618789
>Yeah, but if your brain turns off, it still has those memories inside right?
If by "turn off" you mean that your brain dies, then no, the memories aren't "still inside" since the harddrive responsible for containing your memories (your brain) has ceased to function.

>They dont dissappear magically.
Not magically, no, but they do disappear.

>They are stored inside.
Yes, for as long as you are alive. When you die (and thus your brain dies), you cannot remember anything.
>>
>>560613530
Nice. That corresponds nicely to thousands of years of philosophical contemplation.

>>560615240
Why do you think that if it's the same biological devices that consciousness emerged from, that the consciousness that emerges after being ko'd (for example) is different from the consciousness that was there before? Person goes to sleep and wakes up, they are still the same person.

If the brain doesn't change, why would the identity of the consciousness?
>>
>>560619306
>implying you could possibly dumb yourself down, and still write in cohesive sentences.

c'mon, just admit that there's no afterlife, and we can all go home knowing that at least among this small group of /b/tards, we were able to reach a consensus about the most base facts of our existence.
>>
>>560617879

>>560617879

It generally involves lots of old white men salivating over Hume and writing technical articles about things like whether the referential opacity of modal contexts renders quantified modal logic incoherent, whether emotivist accounts of metaethics can overcome the Frege-Geach problem, whether the indispensability argument is a successful refutation of nominalist philosophies of mathematics, etc.
>>
>>560619442

Nah, simple into basic biology you learn in high-school and some history on electical genuises such as Tesla and Einstein (though think he was a math fucktard hurrr durr my emc2 shit).
>>
File: disbitchthough.jpg (43KB, 615x345px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
disbitchthough.jpg
43KB, 615x345px
>>560609879
Ask Toaster Steve I'm sure he has all the answers to life.
>>
>>560619472
>people have died and come back to tell their stories
No one has ever "come back" from brain death (which is actual death, cardiac arrest does not count since your brain still works and can thus produce hallucinations/other stupid shit which are the basis of "near death experiences" or "experiences with the afterlife").
>>
>>560619472

How do you exactly know they are lying? Especially little kids who die but get revived, what point is there to lie to everyone? Kids like telling the truth for the most part.
>>
>>560609879
>“Energy cannot be created or destroyed, it can only be changed from one form to another.”
>? Albert Einstein

Quoting Einstein the thief

what is fusion for 1000
>>
>>560612185
ITT: One guy who knows what he's talking about, and a bunch of faggots.
>>
>>560619607
>c'mon, just admit that there's no afterlife

I just say afterlife is energy nothing else of religious/psuedo/spiritual bullshit that's spouted.

>>560619705

Thought some brain dead people have come back? Well consciousness dead which is the point of the this thread which is measured by your energy levels in your brain amusingly enough.

>>560619821

I don't know and I'm not saying they are, just stating peoples opinion upon hearing it for it to be actually true everyone would have to accept it correct? That's absolute truth is it not?
>>
>>560617648
The way I see it. I see loops everywhere, things never really end but recycle instead. Perhaps our energy at death lingers until it is absorbed in some way?
>>
>>560619306
The electric potential of the brain is regulated by your heart, stomach, liver, kidneys, blood and all of the main organs and such. All of our bodies are chemistry sets in perfect equilibrium and each part plays a part that fits in to one another. Our energy comes from sunlight. Plans ea the sun, animals eat the plants, we eat the animals. The potential to have consciousness usually comes about from 3 meals per day
>>
>>560620027
>Thought some brain dead people have come back?
Nope.

> Well consciousness dead which is the point of the this thread which is measured by your energy levels in your brain amusingly enough.
What are you getting at? Try to formulate your sentences a little bit better.
>>
>>560620027
>afterlife is energy
well, that's about all the religous/pseudo/spiritual bullshit that you'll need to spout for the rest of us to mock you and then ignore you.

And since, with this post, I'm done mocking you - I'll proceed to phase two of my "deal with people who are either trolls or trads"-protocol.
>>
File: lego.png (75KB, 548x474px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
lego.png
75KB, 548x474px
The energy always exists, but your conscious is a specific configuration of that energy, and it is not absolute.
>>
>>560620414
>>
>>560609879

I dont know.
>>
>>560620272
>The electric potential of the brain is regulated by your heart, stomach, liver, kidneys, blood and all of the main organs and such.

People have fully functiocing bodies at normal rate yet their energy levels can vastly differ.

> All of our bodies are chemistry sets in perfect equilibrium and each part plays a part that fits in to one another.

Which is dictated by energy flow that creates the physical chemical reaction, chemical reaction does not create the energy, energy must be present first THEN chem reaction happens using that energy. Energy is always there.

> The potential to have consciousness usually comes about from 3 meals per day

I agree, that's biological energy but energy has many different types. Nature itself is the culmination of energy transaction without the need for physical nutrition.

>>560620396

Nah just basic biology.

Keep mocking me, I just laugh. I'm not a feely faggot like you. Just amuses me what a stubborn child you are.

>>560620414

>pecific configuration of that energy, and it is not absolute.

True for that TYPE of energy but it changes and exchanges.
>>
>>560610354
We're talking about consciousness idiot
>>
>>560612258
>Conciousness is the result of energy+meat.
hard problem of consciousness for 500, jim!
>>
>>560620735

/thread
>>
when will people start to realize there is only one consciousness?

there is no after life, when the body dies, the body dies, you cease to exist, that doesn't mean consciousness ceases to exist, you can say consciousness is energy, awareness, or whatever floats your boat.
>>
>>560612845
But why then can consciousness be off and brain be on? Where does it go?
>>
>>560612258
Computer components are made of atoms/ molecules which, broken down, are comprised of pure energy. So yes, you can play vidya with just electricity.
>>
File: mad.png (385KB, 500x415px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
mad.png
385KB, 500x415px
>>560615131
>>560615397
>niggers be mad
>>
>>560621082
>Where does this thread go when I 404's
>>
>>560621231

dats me in 70 years topkek.


CHECK YOURSELF SONNY BOY
>>
Consciousness is an emergent property of brains, brains are destroyed at death, why would anyone think consciousness is not destroyed along with it?

Two words destroy any notion of consciousness surviving death: brain damage.
>>
>>560621265

That is a really dumb analogy
>>
>>560621082

wat, that makes no sense.
>>
>>560621082

Too deep bro, you might hurt peoples feelings.
>>
>>560621435
no, not really
>>
>>560609879
The energy stored in your brain is converted into shit by worms, so hopefully it does.
>>
>>560610354
but Dirt is composed of infinitely small entities that produce energy on their own.
In some way, Dirt can think and feel
>>
>>560620414
>>560620826
The electric potential does no change, it is always electric potential. This potential allows ions specific to the brain to be exchanged which in turn regulates the organs and creates consciousness. No electric potential no consciousness
>>
>>560609879

Everything about op's post makes me mad. The picture, the vague yet "deep" question, and the unrelated quote by Albert Einstein. 10/10, will copy and use as bait.
>>
File: image.jpg (1003KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
1003KB, 1920x1080px
Te best thing to listen while reading is all the polka stuff by weird al yankovic
I would post a youtube playlist but that would be feeding the trolls
>>
>>560621583

This thread never lived, so it could not die.
>>
>>560621678
>No electric potential no consciousness

Nah, you've just defined energy consciousness. You're trying to implace what people define as human consciousness as energy consciousness of course, since energy is not human that can't into.
>>
>>560621863

a fedora fag would agree since reality isn't real cuz it's not!
>>
>>560609879
Consciousness ends as the body's natural energy cycles stop, and the energy that is no longer being used is still stored in the glucose, atp, adp, etc created by the cycles previously.
>>
File: 3208883_orig.jpg (263KB, 1028x800px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
3208883_orig.jpg
263KB, 1028x800px
>>560621024
This guy gets it.
We are all part of the same large consciousness that is the universe/God. We are God and God is us. We are spiritual beings all connected by this consciousness that for some reason chose to embody a human in this 3 dimensional reality. We are the universe experiencing itself from every possible perspective on a 3 dimensional plain. Think of it like this. Everything is connected and works in cycles like an ant colony. each and every ant is doing their own thing usually doing a thing that appears to benefit only them but when you step back their all working in sync to achieve a higher goal that is unknown to each individual.
>>
>>560621890
humans are no more than codes of energy. We are all just information. No electric potential no consciousness
>>
>>560622297

No shit, that's called reality. I'm just going to pretty much keep agreeing with you and still say that's energy consciousness!
>>
>>560622281
also Fractals!
>>
File: image.jpg (189KB, 800x647px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
189KB, 800x647px
>>560621145
>electricity
>pure energy
Troll harder fagget
>>
imagine if there is only one consciousness, occupying everything that is sentient. it shifts between everyone, constantly, which means it only exists in one being at a time. but jumps back in time every second, enters the next being, etc.

that would explain the extremely unlikely event of me actually having a consciousness.
>>
>>560622403
There is only one consciousness. It is the consciousness of ones self, the I. It is brought upon by the electric potential of the brain and without it there would be no consciousness
>>
If we just looked at our experience, this experience, not yesterday's thoughts or tomorrows, we might be shocked at what we discover.
>>
>>560622281

Thats pretty fucking deep man
>>
>>560609879
You're mixing up a metaphysical definition of energy with the physical definition of energy. Don't try to spiritualise Einsteins quotes with retarded implications. Yes consciousness ends at death.
>>
>>560622826
>t is the consciousness of ones self

True that is called experiencing reality to your own opinions, not new their Einstein, that's called having a life and working with it.
>>
>>560622573
He's not trolling. Everything is pure energy. If you don't believe it the find me a definition of Mass that doesn't use the word mass or matter to define it. Their is no universal definition of what mass and matter actually are.
>>
>>560623139
>Yes consciousness ends at death.

But energy doesn't, BAM human consciousness ends at death but not energy.

>uh oh different consciousness because humans aren't full energy
>>
this might shine some light on the topic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy3ckh8B-qc
>>
>>560615609

matter has equivalence to energy but they arent the same thing
>>
>>560623278
Experiencing reality does not equal consciousness and consciousness is a consequence of the electric potential of the brain. Without i there would be no consciousness
>>
>>560622918
Yeah dude. For 3 weeks now I've been on some next level type of thinking and shit. I can't explain it either my brain is evolving and my individual consciousness is functioning at a higher level, or I've completely lost my mind and really need to be on serious medication. But it's a very euphoric way to think about the universe and reality. So if im going down then at least I'm going down happy!
>>
>>560623849
>Experiencing reality does not equal consciousness

Oh I know, but to experience reality you need one of course, otherwise I don't think you'd be required alive in a reality context of course.
>>
>>560623486
This "energy conscience" thing you made up doesn't fucking exist. It's fucking hippy pseudo
>>
>>560624114

Nah since human consciousness is described by human characteristics same can apply to energy but different set of characteristics. Using same logic defined in reality by intellectual humans but now applied to energy.
>>
>>560623990
Yes and consciousness is a direct consequence of he brain having an electric potential. Without it there would be no consciousness
>>
>>560624114
you should look into the virtual reality theory or the divine matrix theory or the theory of anti relativity before you make a statement like that. learn yo shit dawg
>>
>>560614316
What a sad book
>>
>>560624397

I'm not disagreeing with you.
>>
>>560609879
>Energy cannot be created or destroyed, it can only be changed from one form to another

Yes, and entropy generally increases. That energy is preserved doesn't mean that the specific state of energy known as "you" will in any way survive being digested by maggots.
>>
>>560609879
>>560610237
>correct answer in second reply
>200 more rplies
>>
When you die you are in a deep sleep. If you are christian, you are awoken by the light. If your are atheist, you do not wake up.

I am not joking
>>
Right and your atoms are stardust and you're in your third atomic body by the age of thirty or whatever. Ambient heat can't think, so thermodynamics doesn't help you much. consciousness ends and that's all that matters.
>>
>>560624850
What I said.
>>
>>560625743

Dayum, I really hurt this faggots feelings.

Shit nigga relax, heat up some milk or some shit.
>>
>>560625858

lol
>>
>>560625858
fuck shit bitch dam fag shit nignog fag shit bitch fuck.

Do I sound cool yet? I sound fucking cool shit.
>>
What happens after death is the same thing that happened to you before birth - nothing.
>>
ITT not one person considering people who are brain damaged and the change in the person. When the brain is dead you are done.
>>
File: 1388823792339.jpg (53KB, 400x419px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1388823792339.jpg
53KB, 400x419px
>>560625743
Lel that's not what I uploaded. Still somewhat relevant. Meant to post itstimetostopposting.jpg.

>>560625858
No jimmies rustled here mate.
>>
>>560609879
who gives a shit
>>
>>560626339
erm what are you talking about? everyone remembers what happened before birth.
0/10
>>
>>560614626
How? How does one destroy energy? Alter it sure but how do you destroy energy?
>>
>>560621082
It goes back to where it came from.
>>
>>560626638
Bad troll
>>
>>560626259

you need better semantics in stating it.

Then yea, you'd be a big stud faggot. And when I say faggot, I mean it was a compliment.

>>560626461
>No jimmies rustled here mate.

I rustled something though. Shit was hilarious.
>>
>>560626929
Dude, you were confirmed troll 30 posts ago. There has to be something better you can do with your time.
>>
File: image.jpg (112KB, 500x684px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
112KB, 500x684px
>>560623414
Mass is a specific configuration of energy at best, just like everything else

It's like lego pieces being energy and houses or cars being matter. The mass of the matter is proportional to the amount of bricks used to make the car or house or whatever the fuck you want (you could use e=mc^2 here if you feel like it). When you take them apart to build different things (perhaps a boat or an aeroplane, fuck i ain"t judging), the energy remains constant but no physical memory remains, the house is gone and won't ever be made again(unless you direct a lot of effort into finding the exact same pieces, but simce the universe seems to be infinite or at least very large you won't get the same, therefore it must have died}
>>
>>560627117

>muh feelings got hurt

>you're a troll now because

>muh feels

Sounds like a bitch me brah. My bad to now agreeing with your opinions and emotions little guy?
>>
File: 1405292934586.png (26KB, 627x626px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1405292934586.png
26KB, 627x626px
>>560627439
>>
File: image.jpg (117KB, 600x600px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
117KB, 600x600px
>>560609879
Nope. Google "quantum immortality"

Your conciousness can't end even if you want it to. We're all doomed to live forever.
>>
>>560627694

You forgot my face in that picture.
>>
>>
>>560626339

So take this understanding, and now ask yourself if you were ever born, and don't relate to thoughts for the answer, in your actual experience.

You are infinite, the unborn and the never dying.
>>
>ITT faggets who are scared of death and the dark
>>
>>560628002
That video made me laugh. I love dodgy physics in games.
>>
>>560628208
>ebm (2.87 MB, 960x540)
>2.87 MB
lol godamn why dose all thes faggot shit make sense?
>>
>>560628597

wat
>>
>>560628002
>implying that's luck
>>
>>560612185
which provokes an interesting question: why? why go through the trouble of organizing against entropy? why is this an autonomous process? why cant I just will my brain to stop?
>>
What does a newborn baby see? What does a near death person see? A blinding light. And a Halo... go into the light and live again. Remember where you hid the gold. Oh and P.S. always go twords the light. /buddism/
>>
>>560629491
what dose a person see that is tourtured and kept alive for many years
>>
itt: small minded betas with zero ability to think in abstract terms.
>>
>>560627367
So if I recycle parts from a functioning aircraft I could fly too Heqvan
>>
>>560609879
That's one of the fundamental laws of physics, not a fucking Einstein quote. That's so fucking stupid already because of this that I can't even take it.

Secondly, I don't think you know what "energy" is. People who don't know shit about science basically use "energy" interchangably with "magic" in their heads. Nothing about your consciousness is "energy"
>>
>>560629802
You missed the point. Think about a not born baby coming down the birth canal (vajayjay). Never seen light. Go towords the light!
>>
>>560630146
No. That will not work. Period.
>>
>>560609879
Your brain works by a serious of chemical messages/energy.
When your body dies and your brain ceases to function the chemical energy goes into the earth or bacteria/fungi when you decompose. Everything is used up in some way.
>>
>>560609879
consciousness isn't energy

therefore, yes
>>
File: 1400551110648.jpg (181KB, 720x707px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1400551110648.jpg
181KB, 720x707px
>>560625858
>one thing comes to mind
>try hard
>>
>>560631794
So it's matter?
>>
we are carbon based
Thread posts: 239
Thread images: 37


[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.