[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I work a local promotion in Iowa and I've taken notice to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: Smarking.jpg (36KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Smarking.jpg
36KB, 600x600px
I work a local promotion in Iowa and I've taken notice to a shit ton of smart-marks in my crowd and for some reason 4chan is the place to be to talk about ir

Listen, being a wrestling smark isn't bad. 80% are assholes who seek to destroy every bit of enjoyment one can get from pro wrestling. But that doesn't mean being a smark is a bad thing.

Go ahead and be a smark, Critique our craft. Judge the stories and spots and characters til your heart's content. But do it AT HOME! That should be a law.

Going to a live event and being your dickish self in a crowd is retarded as shit. People are there to enjoy the show and these degenerates are spewing shit during the performance. Its sickening.

I've worked a match and mid match we worked in a chin lock. Some pimple faced puke shouted "Stall Hold!" At the top of his lungs. He did that through the whole match and we had him removed from the show. People like that are irritating. Pro Wrestling is an art. Treat it like one.

Some people, the good few, are decent enough to go to an event and mold with the crowd. I go to WWE events and I'll boo the heel and cheer the face. Its called doing your job. Even as a fan. If you're a faggot smark who shits on anything wrestling, then for the love of god, if you know so much about the biz, YOU do your part and don't break kayfabe.

As a smark fan, just do what we in ring do. Kayfabe the shit out of it. Act like you don't hate everything and are a total fackface. Kids in the crowd and pure wrestling fans alike don't want your shit. And neither do we as performers.

So in short. Dear smarks, stop being homos and enjoy wrestling the way it's meant to be enjoyed.
>>
File: 17orl5mjitcynjpg.jpg (50KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
17orl5mjitcynjpg.jpg
50KB, 500x375px
Wasn't this shit deleted already? Why are you posting it again?
>>
>>800257
I was high as shit the first time I posted this and deleted it like 5 minutes after I posted it.
>>
>>800257
why not faggot?
/asp/ needs some good memes and copy pasta
>>
> Stall Hold

You can't even get that right?
>>
>>800339
That's not the problem. The chin lock was worked in nicely but that little shit felt the need to vomit out aby little thing that he even slightly disliked about the match. There's nitpicking and then there's being an asshole. I wish I was over exaggerating when I say this but something in his brain told him to boo and complain about the very first tie up less than 5 seconds into the start of the damn match. Who the hell does that
>>
>>800401
> starting off a match with a fucking CHINLOCK
>>
>>800253
>I go to WWE events and I'll boo the heel and cheer the face.

Fucking this. The crowd has just an important role to play as the people in the ring. Smarks fuck everything up by cheering for the heels they like. Protip: If you like a heel, boo the shit of him/her, it's what they want. I went to Wrestlemania 29 and I was sitting next to this kid, his dad and his uncle. During the Cena match, our entire section was chanting Cena sucks and the 4 of us were the only ones chanting let's go Cena. That kid didn't care though, the look on his face when Cena beat the Rock clean was fucking priceless. Best moment of the night for me, it reminded me of being a kid and watching Macho Man or Bret Hart.
>>
>>800423
Savage was basically the original "cheer the heel" in WWF, twit.
>>
>>800437

When I was about 5 he was full blown face and my favorite wrestler.

>the original "cheer the heel" in WWF

That'd be Flair actually.
>>
>>800253
Funny.
How about you actually confront one of us smarks instead of whining about it on the internet. I guarantee you won't because you'll get your ass knocked the fuck out.
>>
>>801176
>I guarantee you won't because you'll get your ass knocked the fuck out.
that means you one you neckbeards have to leave your computer and house,and then put some physical effort into throwing a punch much less actually aim right, I like his odds.
>>
>>801209
Why are you projecting?
>>
>I'm a shitty local wrestler and can't handle the bantz: the thread

There's nothing wrong with chinlocks. If your chinlocks are crisp, your dropkicks connect and you know how to bump, your match will get over. Fit Finlay has a great chinlock. Nobody ever chanted shit at Finlay. Your chinlock is likely shit because you are one in a million skinny, pasty dweebs who want to play wrestler and have never taken up college wrestling let alone been in a real fight. If you don't have the presence to command a crowd and get their respect, stay out of this business.

To reiterate: you are not Arn Anderson. You are not Harley Race. You're not even Triple H at his worst and most bloated or Dave Taylor in a 2 minute syndicated squash match on WCW Saturday Night. You are a whiny blogging piece of trash and the reason local indy scenes are such a festering pile of shit.
>>
>>800409
Are you retarded? I never implied the match STARTED with the chin lock. It was about 3/4 through the match when we did that
>>
>>800423
Exactly. Its OUR job as spectators to let them know they're doing THEIR job right. If I were ever cheered as a heel (which I've never been heel in my career) I would be a little upset that I wasn't able to work the crowd in the way I was supposed to. Being a faggot smark and cheering the bad guy is just like spitting in my face and saying i suck at my job
>>
>>803884
The chin lock itself wasn't the problem. And I wasn't even performing the lock. It was irritating because he felt he had the need to blatantly point out the fact that 20 or so minutes into the match, we were obviously getting tired so we worked in a stall hold so we had SOME energy to finish the match. Its a dick move and it takes away what was left of the magic of pro wrestling
>>
>>800672
Then you were 5 in either 1988 or 1992. Watch his IC Title win.

> Flair

Debuted in the WWF almost 7 years after Savage
>>
>>803931
It was an interpretation drawn from your syntax
>>
>>803981
I apologize. I suppose I could've been more descriptive. I wasn't really shooting for precise context on the match in itself rather the one guy in the crowd
>>
>>803973

I would have been watching in '92, in '88 I was only 2.

>Watch his IC Title win.

Already have, who hasn't?

>Debuted in the WWF almost 7 years after Savage

I was talking about wrestling as whole, not just WWF.
>>
Jarvis?
>>
>Smark: I hate wrestling when it's bad and love it when my favorite guys are on TV, because it means good ratings, good wrestling and fun times for everyone. I have good taste. *tips baseball cap*
>Roman Reigns fan: I like the man who is responsible for the all-time low ratings and the on-going death of WWE.
>>
Eh, I don't really subscribe to the "Cheer faces boo heels even if you like them" idea. I would usually as a kid just pick who I liked and cheer for them, I cheered for Edge against Cena because I liked how gritty and real he was. I also was furious when Cade & Murdoch would beat down on London & Kendrick.

I think it may just be bad booking but when Babyfaces do shit that is unethical but are still suppose to be the good guys then I think I am in the right to get upset with them.
>A Face Big Show knocks out Zeb Coulter who is an old man who was just getting in the ring to check on his guy.
>Face Usos then in a tag team match against Real Americans roll an old man in a wheelchair with a neckbrace on into the barricade while smiling.
That kinda shit just makes me sick. I'm not going to cheer for those people because they're suppose to be good. In that same way if there is a Heel who I am particularly sympathetic towards either because they make valid points or are being to harshly punished by the faces the I would cheer for them.

Now I think that may be all a bit of a tangent because what you're complaining about is Smarks who do live commentary.
>Its like going to a movie and having someone sit behind you doing the behind the scenes commentary.
>Its like someone going to roleplaying game and being all LOL NERDS NONE OF THIS SHIT IS REAL WHY ARE YOU ACTING LIKE ITS REAL.
It ruins peoples Immersion and actively takes people out of it making it less enjoyable. People who do that are pricks.
>>
>>800253

Totally agree with you dude
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.