[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's talk kayfabe /asp/, it really needs to comeback, the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: 1447044644373.png (183KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1447044644373.png
183KB, 500x500px
Let's talk kayfabe /asp/, it really needs to comeback, the business its all about kayfabe, this shit of "reality era" its the thing hurting ratings overall, without characters wrestling is basically shit.
>>
Kayfabe has no place in the contemporary wrestling scene.

You're probably just a manchild if you want to believe the two guys fighting each other really hate each other. You probably believe in God and Santa Claus too don't you.
>>
Convince me.
I don't think it is, as long as it stays true to the show. Outside of it (social media, tmz, late show appearances) it doesn't matter just like actresses and actors don't have to stay in character outside of the show.
>>
File: image.jpg (37KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 400x400px
Yeah um ah you know
>>
WWE needs to treat itself like an actual TV show for kayfabe to be brought back to life.
Meaning no bringing kayfabe into real life (Wrestlers going on talk shows pretending WWE is real) and no letting real life affect kayfabe (The Rusev and Summer story).
>>
>>800112
On-screen kayfabe needs to come back.

You're an idiot if you think public-appearance/interview kayfabe should even be considered nowadays.
>>
>>800116
Air soft is calling you faggot
>>
>>800112
Fuck off Cornette.
>>
>>800116
get lost, snaggletooth
>>
>>800129
>The Rusev and Summer story
This one is kinda hard to sell. How are you going to sell the storyline when everybody knows the truth especially when they themselves said it.
>>
When you have Sasha Banks and Big E tweeting using terms like "putting over" and "buried" how can you expect kayfabe to ever come back?
>>
>>800310
Just like the old times, give them shit to eat until they like it.
>>
>>800112

I was a fan in the 80s and 90s when kayfabe was still going pretty strong, and it did add some mystique to the wrestlers and their backgrounds. However, I do not want to see a comeback. Shoot interviews are too fun to listen to.

I think they can just draw a line like movies do. Do some things in character and some things out of character. They need to start putting writing credits at the end of the show, but while the show is on, everything is real, like it would be on a weekly drama.

Only when the wrestling business is in the open will wrestlers ever get close to having a wrestlers union and fair treatment by promoters. Kayfabe was actually created by promoters to keep wrestlers afraid of getting blackballed. All it ever accomplished was pitting wrestlers against each other, like this episode of Morton Downey Jr. Show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-HYfyPZgwQ

Seriously, keep kayfabe dead. It only makes promoters rich and wrestlers scared.
>>
File: 1439255867981.jpg (52KB, 640x350px) Image search: [Google]
1439255867981.jpg
52KB, 640x350px
>2015
>wanting your kid's show to go back to a Saturday Morning Cartoon
>>
Kayfabe exists in a different form now.

If you put on a good match and are a good character people are willing to suspend their belief. Its same as any medium in that way. Your willing to invest your time in the world of a book or movie if it's good, even though at the back of your mind you know it may be fiction.

The shitiness of the current product (and im thinking of WWE when i say that) has almost nothing to do with kayfabe
>>
Kayfabe isn't dead, look at something like PWG.

The problem is a lot of people think kayfabe is some secret institution that needs to be upheld at all times when really it just means the audience is buying into your dumb bullshit or not.
>>
>>800757
>look at something like PWG
>>
>>800752

Eddy Mansfield explains kayfabe the best.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuyS_EL_b4s [Embed]

By promoters, for promoters. Protecting the business means protecting the promoters.
>>
File: 1416264051301.jpg (21KB, 332x389px) Image search: [Google]
1416264051301.jpg
21KB, 332x389px
>>800757
>look at something like PWG
no thank you
>>
>>800757
>>800757

>Kayfabe isn't dead
>Saying this in twenty feefteeen
>>
File: haitchheardyouweretalkinshit.jpg (37KB, 1333x742px) Image search: [Google]
haitchheardyouweretalkinshit.jpg
37KB, 1333x742px
>>800112
>make people believe wrestling's real again
>by bringing back the embarrassing cartoony unrealistic shit
lel
>>
>>800806
>he likes meme entertainment
>>
File: 1410453375960.jpg (245KB, 900x948px) Image search: [Google]
1410453375960.jpg
245KB, 900x948px
>>800116
>I don't believe in god
>>
>>800112
>without characters wrestling is basically shit.
Confirmed, Vince Russo is OP
>>
>>804645
>without characters wrestling is basically shit.
this is true though
do you just want 20 minutes of technical workrate?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.