[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Skipped my judo session because my gi was still wet as fuck from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8

File: CGNppllUQAAg3yU.jpg (140KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
CGNppllUQAAg3yU.jpg
140KB, 600x600px
Skipped my judo session because my gi was still wet as fuck from washing it last Friday. Couldn't air-dry it because it's fucking winter.

How do care for my judo gi? Do I wash it after every training session? How do I dry it? Went at it with a clothes iron, wasted like an hour and it was still damp.
>>
Finally, did I fuck up by not going even though my gi was damp?
>>
File: 1438756863063.jpg (80KB, 624x654px) Image search: [Google]
1438756863063.jpg
80KB, 624x654px
>>789433

When I was in the Navy we had these Industrial Dryers which were awesome because I could wash my Gi everyday and dry it in an hour.

When I left the Navy I bought a standard dryer for about $800. Doesn't do the job as well as the big ones, but my Gi can still get dried in about 2 hours.
>>
>>789433
i wash my gi every two sessions, and put it in the dryier when i know it's not going to be dry on time
>>
>>789440
>>789444
Doesn't it get wrecked in the dryer?
>>
>>789454
It will, yes. A cycle in the dryer is like a non-stop, continuous 45 minute rolling session. If you throw your gi in the dryer after every wear, you basically reduce its useful life by at least half.

But it's give and take. Which is more important to you? What's the point in having a gi if you can't practice?

Protip: get more than one gi and alternate wearing them to practice. Let them air out after each session. Wash them both together once a week.
>>
>>789433

Wash your gi every session, no matter what. even if you weren't sweating like a rapist during your workout, you were rolling around on mats where other people have been rolling. There's a whole host of shitty infections that can get on you doing that.

Wash your gi, hang it up somewhere in your apartment. If I can hang dry in Canada, you can hang dry it.

If your gi is still damp before your training session, toss it in the dryer for a fluff cycle, then re-evaluate.

Get a second gi if things are this damp all the time.
>>
File: FNG0H29IABOMQH4.MEDIUM.jpg (53KB, 574x375px) Image search: [Google]
FNG0H29IABOMQH4.MEDIUM.jpg
53KB, 574x375px
>>789686
all excellent points. If you have a space heater in the winter, you can try hanging it directly above it in order to facilitate drying.

In a pinch, I can dryer my gi on full heat for about 10min then hang it up and let the residual heat evaporate the rest of the moisture overnight.

be careful about shrinking your gi accidentally. I know that I can blast my gi at high temp and have zero shrinkage, but your gi may react differently.

getting a cheapo $60 gi to rotate into is a good idea in the long run if you train more frequently than gi drying allows.

protip: fashion your own gi hangers using a broom stick and either a screw-in metal hook + bolt or some cordage.
>>
I bet you people are the hipsters with the different color gis and fancy patches.

Also
>getting a blue gi
Lol
>>
Why not get it dry cleaned?
>>
>>789838
>having a white gi so everyone can see your gross ass pit and shit stains
Faggot
>>
>>789838
lmao yeah fuck that

white gi for life

>>789963
sir u r a fag8
>>
>>789838
I knew a guy 2 years back with a tie dye gi lmfao that thing was ugly af
>>
Why don't you buy more gis? You could buy 3 of them
>>
File: matsuru setsugi.jpg (66KB, 235x355px) Image search: [Google]
matsuru setsugi.jpg
66KB, 235x355px
>>789838

I prefer white gis as well, but some levels of Judo competition demand that a competitor have both a Blue and White gi on hand.

Lets make this the Gi General.

Looking for a new gi, currently only have two Fuji's. Don't really want to fuck around with measurement uncertainty, so I'd like to know if there are any higher tier gis that fit similar to Fuji. I'd really like a Matsuru, but if I mail order and it doesn't fit I'm going to Raaaage.
>>
>>789433
I use to wash it 1 time per week (i train 3x week).
About the could: Sorry, bro, i'm from Brazil, don't know shit about it :v
>>
>>789433
get an extra gi or two. problem solved
>>
>>789433
I throw mine in the dryer on high heat.
>>
>>790095
Do sambo, have blue and red jacket. Red of course is of best colour, more suited for bear hunting.
>>
>>789433
>Couldn't air-dry it because it's fucking winter.
Why not? My gis dry faster because of lower air moisture during winter.
>>
>>790096
>not washing your gi after every session

fucking disgusting.
>>
Gi can be a pain in the ass.

I go no-gi in bjj as often as I can,
but I do enjoy wearing the gi. It feels more 'ceremonial' I guess? If I have it on, I've got to try to put on a clinic since I'm bothering to wear this heavy set of pajama-robes.
>>
File: fat bastard.jpg (37KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
fat bastard.jpg
37KB, 620x400px
>>792228
So much this.
>>
If you don't wash your gi after every session you are a degenerate.
It's absolutely disgusting
>>
>>792220
Cold temperatures slow the evaporation rate, and some places have real winters where it gets cold enough to freeze a water-soaked gi.
>>
>>789433

1. Wash your Gi after every training. Just do it.

2. Buy at least 2 Gi, Judo Gis are cheap as fuck and if you have 2, they will stay fine twice as long, with 3 three Gi three times as long and so on. So it's worth the "investment".

3. Even if it's winter you can still hang them somewhere in your flat, you just have to let some air in for 5 minutes after half an hour and after an hour (or something like that).

4. If they don't dry fast enough for you, just put them over your heater for half an hour.

5. If you are a real impatient littel fuck, buy a dyer.

6. Blue Gis are meh.
>>
File: Ashi-guruma.gif (3MB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
Ashi-guruma.gif
3MB, 240x160px
>>792228
>>792234
>>792240
>>792650

Can't be said enough. Wash your fucking gis after EVERY session. It's all fun and games until some filthy hippy with a rotten gi gives everybody ringworm....

My gi washing technique.

Cold water wash, heavy duty.

Laundry detergent + Splash of White vinegar (kills any smells) + scoop of Oxi Clean (kills any fungal shit, gets rid of stains).

Immediately after the cycle, remove and hang gi. Anywhere the gi can get air, light and heat, or any combination of the two, is good to go.

If the fucker is still damp before training, give it ten minutes so in a fluff cycle, if you have access to a dryer.

For all the people whining about dampness and Winter and whatnot, I have lived and done Judo in one of coldest cities in Canada, and one of the stormiest places in Eastern Canada, and I've never had an issue with air drying my gis. It works fine.

If you're trying to air dry them outdoors in the winter or the rain, you're retarded. Stop it. Indoors is fine.
>>
File: 1392011715042.png (163KB, 300x283px) Image search: [Google]
1392011715042.png
163KB, 300x283px
>>789454

Just throw in some fabric softener and bleach it every now and then.

Throwing it in the dryer will harden the material, but who cares - makes it harder for people to grab you.
>>
Get a good strong wooden clothes hanger, hang your gi, pants first then jacket as neatly as you can. Hang it in the bathroom, dry by morning, steam from te shower smoothes out the wrinkles.
>>
>>790095
Got a white Fushida (because white below black and black after in our JJJ school). Great gi and service!

PS: Passing for my brown on Dec 12nd
>>
>>792281
We've got real enough winters in Finland, I didn't think you were retarted enough to insist on drying shit outdoors
>>
File: 8574065_fpx.jpg (261KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
8574065_fpx.jpg
261KB, 1200x1200px
SWASH
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.