[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So in less than a year, I plan on becoming a vagrant and traveling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 4

File: Ryu.jpg (61KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
Ryu.jpg
61KB, 500x400px
So in less than a year, I plan on becoming a vagrant and traveling the world with nothing but my backpack. While I do this, I will obviously not be able to attend regular martial arts classes, but I do want to continue to train and grow as a martial artist.
My question is, what would be the best way to do that? I figure I'd be able to enter amateur fights every once and a while to maintain my skills, but how can I continue learn more?
>>
>>652554
see you diseased, malnourished, and dead within a few years.
>>
>>652556
Yeah, probably.
So do you have an answer to my question?
>>
>>652557
how can you grow when you're dead idiot
>>
>>652560
How can I be malnourished and diseased if I'm dead?
>>
>>652562
a corpse can be malnourished and diseased
>>
>>652562
Couldnt you use forms? I mean, it wont be perfect mind you, but it will keep what you need in your head. and the amateur fights will help. Shadow boxing almost.
>>
>>652554
This isn't feudal fucking Japan, you can't be a Ronin. It's not realistic.

Best you can do is do a few classes in any martial arts school you come across.
>>
>>652554
Why?
>>
>>652554
>traveling the world
how rich are you? this means you'll be paying for motels, prepared foods, airplane tickets, bus tickets, boat tickets, renewing and applying for different citizenships in different nations, etc.
unless you're a retard saying you'll become a homeless hobo who'll walk your neighborhood before dying of thirst. that's called being a fugitive for not paying taxes, etc.
>>
>I will use for training that for which other people spend considerable time and effort training themselves

This can't possibly go wrong...
>>
>>652565
Yeah, but I none of that would really teach me anything new, it'd just maintain what I already know.
>>652569
The problem is I don't want to just keep taking the beginner level classes at the schools. If I show up, explain my situation and show my skill level, do you think they'd let me jump in a more advanced class for one or two lessons?
>>652570
Because I read too many books, watched too many movies, and played to many video games, and now I have dreams of adventure. I know it's crazy, I honestly don't care.
>>652578
You don't really get the idea of "vagrancy" do you? It's not gonna be a life of luxury, I'm not gonna be spending mad cash on room and board, I'll be going to sleep cold and hungry fairly often. Plane tickets can be acquired surprisingly cheap if you're flexible and know where to look, and I plan on only using planes to get over seas. I'll mostly be walking.
>>652579
Which is why I'm asking for more ideas.
>>
>>652583
how are you going to sustain yourself in a nevermind who the fuck cares you aren't doing this anyway, lol
>>
>>652583
what a fucking retard
obviously a troll thread anyways
>>
>>652595
Busk, beg, forage, hunt small game with my sling. However I need to.
>>652605
I am 100% serious.
>>
>>652578
I'm broke as piss and this is more or less my dream, cept I have a plan. During the spring and summer, backpack and live off the land and kindness of people. Fall and winter return home and work for a friend to save money before I leave again.
>>
Are you gonna try and fight/join ISIS or some shit? You deserve to be vanned
>>
>>652554
Start a blog about it.

I'd read it, at first. Then it'd probably become boring and a chore for me so I'd just forget you for a while til I would somehow stumble on your blog once more to be reminded of your existence, only to find that the last entry to your weekly blog was 7 months ago before you were supposed head towards a small town inside the Amazonian jungle on foot with promises to write back after an estimated 2 week dangerous journey.
>>
>>652624
I actually plan on making a video travel journal on Youtube, not really relevant though.
>>
>>652613
so your gonna beg for food and hunt squirrels and rabbits and sleep on the street with no protection from bad weather. your probably gonna get robbed a few times as well. why would you voluntarily become homeless?
>>
>>652633
Because I'm Don Quixote.
>>
You should learn social skills before going off to travel, you're gonna end up dead if you don't get helped by pretty much every person you meet.

Also you could just enter some dojo and try to beat the fuck out of the strongest guy there. It's something I'll probably try too.
>>
>>652554
Take trial lessons along the way. Theoretically, if you keep moving city to city, you could get a free lesson every day.
>>
Bad idea but whatever, even if I don't respect your brains if you really do this I would respect your balls.

On to your question.
Supposing you maintained your health and basic physical requirements (food, water, shelter, etc.) then there are a few ways to keep training while being a near cashless vagrant IF you already have a fuck ton of learning and experience under your belt already.

First is to keep/improve your conditioning
Work on solo practice stuff relevant to your art
It is also a good idea to talk to in advance with schools/gyms/dojos to allow you to temporally train with them before moving on. Like explain your situation and your training goals, they may be interested in having you come by or letting you train a bit without charging you. This is easier in cities with larger selection of schools so you could probably get away with gym hoping to nearly always be training with someone in some way in something.
This also allows you to spar with a lot of different people and experience and fuck ton of different training approach.

It would also be interesting to compete as well in some way so you can to test your skills under pressure without burning bridges or risking pissing off the wrong person/people.

Also manual labor is a good way to make living/spending money that will also strengthen the body up to a point. Without money or something worth trading it is really hard to last long in this world.
>>
I don't think he would learn much by taking only trial lessons.
It would be better to explain his situation and ask if it is OK to train at whatever level would be more appropriate for him in the short time he is with them.

Speaking of which
OP, what is your martial art background and experience?
>>
>>652554
Offer to clean the gyms for a lesson.
>>
OP, what martial art do you currently practice.

Also, what is your goal? Are you trying to emulate things you've seen, or do you actually want to be a competent fighter? People used to wander town to town to train with different people, because training methods used to fucking blow. Nowadays, with organized fighting, finding a gym and other people to fight is infinitely easier.

If you're looking to become a good fighter, move to a city with the best camp for the fighting style you want, and take fights.

If you want to roleplay ryu in your day to day life, you're going to discover that unfortunately fiction is different from real life.
>>
>>652634
These guys just don't get it, Anon Quixote
>>
Honestly I think it's pretty cool, you should keep a logbook so you can write down the cool stuff that might happen, I'd love to read it.
I guess you need to keep up on where the local gyms will be - go ask if you can join in for a session, explain your situation, I think quite a lot of gyms would let you join in for a training session, at least if you're clean. I guess that's thing number two, make sure to shower/bathe as often as possible, hygiene is really important, especially when travelling and training, bathe in a lake or river or at a gym or anywhere you can.
>>
This whole thread

Top kek

You're gonna die OP
>>
File: wallpaper-776412.jpg (448KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper-776412.jpg
448KB, 1680x1050px
>>652554
You have one major roadblock OP.

When you travel to a new country you normally have to apply for a tourist visa. You're unlikely to get one. If you do, you won't get out of the airport. Say you show up at Australia. They go through your backpack and see that you have few clothes and little money. They don't believe you're a tourist, they think you're looking to work illegally. You get taken into a little room with a polite australian lady who interviews you and explains that in her opinion you don't have enough money or clothes to support your stay in Australia.
>But I'm a kung fu vagrant like out of the end of Pulp Fiction
She smiles at you.
You get sent back home on the next flight out, on your expense, and we laugh at you on the next episode of Australian Border Patrol.
>>
you cant even hitchhike these days. before 9/11 I use to sneak on planes all the time nowadays you cant do shit.
>>
>>652675
I'm aware of that.
>>652685
Trial lessons wouldn't do much good.
>>652767
Thanks for the suggestions, probably what I'll try to do for the most part. I had already considered keeping an eye out for manual labor to make cash during my travels, didn't consider using it as conditioning.
And not only will I get a chance to train with a bunch of different people, but I'll get to try a bunch of different styles as well. I won't be limited to what happens to be around my home.
>>652768
Trained various styles on and on my whole life, mostly what I now realize are shit styles. Got serious about it around a year ago though, currently train at an MMA/BJJ gym. 2-6 times a week, as my schedule allows.
>>652769
My brother suggested the exact same thing actually.
>>652859
I want to be a good fighter. I know that this life style is going to be a hindrance on my training, but I am doing it for personal reasons. I am trying to figure out the best way to continue my training despite this difficulty.
>>652974
See >>652630
>>652989
All I need is a piece of plastic, they don't know how much money I have on it.
>>652991
Maybe not in America, but according to my research most of the world is super helpful to hitchers and travelers.
>>
>>652564
a corpse can also grow a handsome beard and have a huge penis, however, I don't see your point.
>>
>>652989
>Like the end of pulp fiction

>"I'm just going to walk the Earth"
>>
>>653011
I'll be honest, I don't remember the part ya'll are referring to.
You know what they call a quarter pounder with cheese in Paris, though?
>>
>>653012
a big kahuna burger?
>>
>>652994

>All I need is a piece of plastic, they don't know how much money I have on it.

Do you not think they check your account, you dumb little shit? They won't let you through until they're satisfied you're not looking to stay and work.
>>
Have you read Vagabonding OP? That's the book that inspired me to walk the earth.
>>
>>652989
I think OP's gonna be staying at poor countries mostly so that won't be an issue, unless he's retarded enough to go to some war torn country that is.
>>
>>652554
lel
you could begin by learning the difference between reality and fantasy dipshit

this will not work unless you got tons of money and visit many different martial art schools and actually stay there for a while
>>
>>652554
I would go with you.
>>
OP, I can lend you my handgun if you're looking for a quick way out of this world, starvation wouldn't suit you well
>>
>>652994
> according to my research most of the world is super helpful to hitchers and travelers.

Holy shit, you really are one ignorant retard. Can't wait for your candyass to come back to mommy and daddy after getting mugged for the 10th time, you crying to your daddy that you're cold, sick, skinny, weak, starving, disgusting, and that you had to suck black dick for potato chips.
>>
>>652554
OP. Don't listen to these haters. I wish I had the balls to do what you are planning.

To keep training and learning:

-challenge local dojos. The master will always let an underling fight for him. If you defeat this underling you must reply "ahhh such and such martial art school is truly great. I barely won."

Then the master will challenge you, but before u actually fight, drop to your knees and state "after looking into a true mastes eyes, I've realized there is no I can win! I surrender! "

Now you will have not only saved the masters face, but also gained his trust. He will probably let you hang out and learn a bit. Maybe even buy you meals when you tell him of your journey to train.
>>
File: ryu2.jpg (318KB, 952x1504px) Image search: [Google]
ryu2.jpg
318KB, 952x1504px
>>653439
Are you retarded?

The entire "ryu walks the world and is has the strongest potential" thing is a fucking joke

How long do you have to walk to get to a destination? How long will it take you to walk 50 miles to get somewhere then walk 100 miles again? How much money and food will you need? Can you workout after walking 50 miles? When does your muscles rest? Why haven't all your muscles atrophied from constant caloric usage, lack of food, and lack of real rest? Why aren't you dead from skin cancer? How can you possibly train harder than someone who has a car, easy access to food, and a bed who trains periodically every other day compared to someone who has to walk for 11 days before his next training session?

There's no possible way Ken isn't 100000x times stronger than Ryu in a real life situation.
>>
>>652554
hello OP

I have actually done in real life what you are attempting to do or thinking about doing. I was homeless and training/fighting for about two years before I quit. Here are some helpful suggestions and rules to live by to be successful and ready, form my personal and lengthy experience

1) before you start by educated and well prepared, this means know and research every skill that will make your extraordinary life style choice feasible. aside form the things on my list, brainstorm potential difficulties you may run into and think ahead of how to address them.

2) If you can make the journey with at least one other person DO SO, it will provide companionship, a training partner, and extra security. MAKE SURE they are as ready and dedicated as you are and that you have no personality conflicts

3) VERY IMPORTANT, YOU MUST ALWAYS KEEP IN MIND THAT YOU ARE HOMELESS AND VUNERABLE. Human society is a machine, it is as a whole it's own living breathing organism, homeless people and bums are by design supposed to habitat specific areas and lead specific lives, namely you should stay down and out of the way of "normal people", disrupting this is illegal and is called "disturbing the peace", as a bum you are literally EVERYONES bitch in society. Any sort of anomaly to this social structure, for example a healthy and even threatening vagrant, is shunned by society and preyed upon by others. it's no joke when it comes to that stereotype of vagrants getting murdered or having their organs stolen or what have you.

So the first things I'm going to tell you is how to survive in an urban environment, and where and how to get your training in this sub section of RULE 2

2A) NEVER reveal that you are homeless TO ANYONE. Always have a cover story for who you are, devlope it before going to any place you may have social interactions with others

continued....
>>
>>653485
(sorry I meant as an extension of RULE 3)

3B) AS A RULE IT IS FORBIDDEN IN SOCITEY for a vagrant to take care of themselves. society demands you participate and contribute (actually it demands you have money) and anyone who does not contribute, often by law, is forbidden form keeping any sort of healthy life style.

SO you must hide that you are homeless and devlope a very strategic way of living while in urban environments

ALWAYS sleep on roof tops of buildings in large cities, wait until night, run up a wall or climb a fence, and go up the fire escape and sleep on the roof.

LOCKPICKING IS INCREDIABLLY EASY and lock picking sets are cheap, they will come in use time and time again, but be very discreet about which places you decide to break into as most places have alarms.

pretty much only use lock picking to break into locked public restrooms in city parks, go into the restroom, and lock the door, and TA DA, you have a safe place to sleep at night.

REMEMBER IN LARGE CITIES SLEEP ON ROOFTOPS OR PICK THE LOCK OF "LOW LEVEL" targets.

STEALING, IS INCREDIABLLY HARD AND IT IS NOT ADVISABLE FOR YOU TO EVER ATTEMPT IT. THAT SAID IT IS FAR EASIER TO GET AWAY WITH CRIMES THAN YOU WOULD IMAGINE, JUST MAKE SURE THEIR ARE NO CAMERAS AROUND

in small towns, sleep in the parks at dawn and dusk, stay awake at night and during the day

IF YOU CANNOT FIND A PLACE TO SLEEP, ALWAYS SLEEP DURING THE DAY, NIGHT IS INCREDIABLLY DANGEROUS.

Next post will cover FOOD and where and how to get your TRAINING

Then I will cover TRAVEL

Then I will cover SUPPLIES and BASIC SKILLS
>>
>>653496
sorry I forgot to add

HYGEINE

YOU WILL KEEP UP YOUR HYGIENE BY USING COLLEGE RESTROOMS (many colleges have private restrooms that lock thanks to the whole gender identity thing) GO THERE IN THE MORNINGS AND GIVE YOUR SELF A SPONGE BATH AND BRUCH YOUR TEETH

YOUR HYGEINE IS INCREDIABLLY IMPORATANT, IT IS WHAT SEPERATES YOU FORM A HOMELESS PERSON IN THE EYES OF EVERYONE YOU MEET.
>>
>>652554

Pick a style, and a country that's good at that style.

Go there and train obsessively in that style until you want to move on.

Vagabond around in your spare time.

You are not going to get good at fighting without dedicating a lot of time to it.

Read 'A Fighter's Heart' By Sam Sheridan, and do what he did. That's a more realistic option than becoming a train hopping garbage ninja.
>>
>>653496
>>653498
FOOD AND HOW TO GET IT

if you are in nature and you know enough about survival skills, you can eat like a king, there is a reason animals can get as big as they do. However most people do not have these skills and it takes awhile to learn and developed them, which is why I say again, develop your skills before starting this.

SO

FOOD IN THE URBAN environment

the internet is your greatest resource as a vagrant, it gives you map information, schedules, and resources.

use the internet to find your local food banks and religious missions.

THE SALAVATION ARMY IS DANGEROUS
it has disease and is not well maintained, people die there

STAY AWAY FORM THE SALAVATION ARMY, however any sort of religious mission is fine

APPLY FOR A FOOD STAMP CARD IN EVERY STATE YOU TRAVELL THROUGH

food stamps will provide you with much food.

if you can cook it, the best deal for a vagrant is papa murpheys pizza, if you can't cook the best deal is chicken sandwhichs form a grocery store delly.

there are other sources of food, such as specific clubs and other orginizations that offer curtesy dinners every once in awhile that you can find on the internet.

but most of your food will come form food stamps and form religious missions

KNOW WHERE YOUR FOOD SOURCE IS BEFORE YOU TRAVEL TO ANY DESTINATION
>>
>>653501
>train hopping garbage ninja

aside form the garbage that's basically what you become, free running is needed to get to places where you won't be found by other vagrants or regularly society. lock picking for locks. knives for self defense, constantly lying about who you are, riding trains, stealthy infiltrating restricted areas.

yep aside form garbage that's about it

dumpster diving is for people who don't know what they are doing though
>>
>>653508
ALWAYS HAVE A MAPE AND KNOW WHERE YOU ARE

ALWAYS KNOW WHAT TIME IT SI AND DO NOT ET CAUGHT OFF GAURD BY THE DARK

THE INTERNET IS YOUR BEST RESOURCE, USE IT AT COLLEGES AND LIBARIES

DO NOT ASK FOR CHANGE OR PAN HANDLE, IT WILL GET YOU ARESSTED AND YOU WILL MAKE NO MONEY AT ALL BECAUSE THAT URBAN LEGEND OF "PROFESSIONAL BUMS" IS A LIE

YOUR BODIES HELATH IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING. ALWAYS BRUSH YOUR TEETH, CHANGE YOUR SOCKS AND CEAN YOUR FEET.

YOU WILL GET ALL YOUR TRAINING FORM YOUTUBE VIDEOS

DO NOT WALK MORE THAN 2-3 HOURS A DAY, IT KILLS YOUR LEGS

WORK OUT EVERYDAY, AND EAT EVERYDAY, DO NOT EAT WHEN YOU HAVE NO WATER TO GO WITH IT

ALWAYS WASH YOUR COLTHES AT A RELIGIOUS MISSION

TRAVEL LIGHT, CARRY HYGEINE SUPPLIES, A KNIFE, A TENT, AND A DLEEPING BAG, NO MORE

MOST MMA GYMS OFF A FREE DAY OR WEEK TO TRY OUT THEIR GYM, THATS HOW YOU WILL TRAIN AT GYMS

GOOD GYMS WILL ALLOW YOU TO CHALLENGE THE MASTER TO TEST OUT THE SCHOOL

RIDE A BIKE IF YOU CAN GET ONE, MANY CITIES HAVE DONATED BIKES YOU CAN GET FOR FREE

HOP TRAINS, THIS IS DANGEROUS AD TAKES PRECISION EXCPERINCE AND SKILL, BUTWILL GET YOU A FAR DISTANCE FOR FREE AND WITHOUT EFFORT

HOWEVER, MANY TRAIN HOPPERS GET MURDERED AND RAPED BY OTHER TRAIN HOPPERS AND SECURITY GAURDS

VERY DANGEROUS AND ILLEGAL
>>
>>653519
ALSO COLLEGE CLUBS ARE GREAT PLACES TO TRAIN WITH MORE ADVANCED OPPONENTS
>>
Op, even mas oyama had a sponsor when he trained in the mountains. Instead of just being a vagrant who doesn't progress at all why not save money, find sponsorship, train a martial art to competency, get with a buddy, rent a cabin in the woods, and train every single day until you have mastered your art of choice. Then join all the tourneys you can and beat the living shit out of everyone, and then travel around the world a la street fighter with street cred
>>
>>652554
Maybe try focusing on surviving as a traveling hobo. Then maybe you can end up as an malnourished vagrant that people watch on Albanian bumfights.
>>
>>653481
Doesn't know the plot of an kurosawa film if it bit him.

Also Ryu is way stronger than Ken cause Ryu has met and trained with the best. Ken just stays home and participates in chuck Norris karate tourneys.
>>
>>653027
In what country do they have the right to check/go into visitor/tourist bank accounts?

Last I checked, in most countries you need a warrant for that.
>>
>>653356
Why so mad bro?
>>
Maybe you could try to get someone to sponsor your trip or pitch it to some network as a low budget show idea.
>>
This thread is very good ! From knowing a bunch of non-fighting friends who already went errands holidays, I can attest this "hitch hikers guide to vagrant martial training" knows what he's talking about. I have only one question though
>>653509
>>653519
Can you please explain why dumpster diving is bad, and how traing hopping is so risky. I know nothing of freighthopping, but grew up familiar with dumpster diving
>>
>>653613
>Can you please explain why dumpster diving is bad, and how traing hopping is so risky

dumpster diving isn't necessarily bad, it's just unnecessary and will expose you as a hobo and get the cops called on you. often what you find in the garbage isn't worth the risk

as to train hopping, during my time as a vagrant martial artist, I came into contact with the underground cultures of homeless alternative lifestyles, the largest one is called crust punk, you can google it, sadly a lot of crust punks pose nude in porn to raise money, there losers, remember, there is no "successful" homeless person, so don't make friends with anyone, unless you have a partner, healthy and safe vagrancy is lonely vagrancy.

there are many horror stories among crust punks, especially the females of getting raped by security. what many people don't know is that trains will regularly stop in the middle of nowhere to inspect their trains for hoppers.

if you get caught, they might kick you off, they might rape, you they might kill you, or anything in between.

I've heard stories of vagrants getting killed in their sleep by other vagrants they trusted.

also it's illegal and train yards have great security. you need to ditch the train a mile or so before you get to a train yard, preferably around a corner so the conductor can't see you get on or off

as a homeless person all your security comes form secrecy.
no one should know your homeless, you cloths should never stink, you should always be hygienic and not carry visible camping supplies, and you should not talk to anyone espically in places that you plan to spend most of your time

you will also find that cities are designed so that no one can loiter anywhere except public parks, if you are at a park all day you will be revealed as homeless and targeted immiedtatilly by predators or other homeless people

this happened to me 3 times before I got wise

always hang out at college campuses and pretend you are a student.
>>
>>653613
as far as martial arts to study, devote your time to brazillian jiu jitsu, Greco roman wrestling, and knife fighting.

this will give you real advantage and security in street fights of any kind.

If you do get into a fight as a bum it will usually be an uneven fight, with more than one person fighting you.

being a good runner is best for when you have to fight more than two opponents at once.
>>
>>653627
>this happened to me 3 times before I got wise

I once was targeted and followed by someone, and didn't know it until night fell, they drove up to me at 2 am in the remote area I made camp.
(remote areas and the outskirts of town, while they seem like a good idea, actually are not, because that is where all the other homeless people are, and because anyone can find you there, rooftops are much better)

they got out of their car and approached me but I just ran, slipped through the alley ways of some buildings and spent the rest of the night walking a zig zag path till I was sure they didn't know where I was
>>
the first thing to breakdown while homeless or in sports are your legs.

strength train your legs and get ample rest and nutrition as much as possible

in grappling your legs are very essiantale more so than your arms.

build up a lot of muscle and endurance in your legs and take good care of them
>>
Vump out of interest. Even if I never do this is really cool to read.
>>
i feel like i have learned so much. Im off to read more information and stories about this lifestyle.
>>
>>653027
This: >>653583
>>653028
I have not.
>>653206
>Implying I'm no guns.
>>653128
I wouldn't mind having a traveling companion, at least for a while.
>>653496
>>653498
>>653508
>>653509
>>653519
>>653531
Thanks a lot, I'll take all that into consideration. I actually have been learning parkour as well already.
One thing though, you said lockpicking is easy. I bought a set and a "how to lockpick" book years ago, and was never ONCE able to come close to picking the padlock I bought to learn on.
>>
>>653485
To understand the root of this idea in japanese culture, you also have to understand that Japan is not like england(where your ideas on this are rooted, assuming that you are american). In medieval japan, if you are a samurai it is perfectly possible to travel around demanding/working for food at each little village you come by, which are not few and far between. The climate is also quite.. forgiving in comparison, at least in the japanese heartland.
>>
>>653485
sorry
>>653917
this mean for
>>653481
>>
>>653496
>STEALING, IS INCREDIABLLY HARD AND IT IS NOT ADVISABLE FOR YOU TO EVER ATTEMPT IT

I've been stealing stuff since I was 5 years old

I only got caught twice.
>>
File: 1383090894472.gif (51KB, 137x112px) Image search: [Google]
1383090894472.gif
51KB, 137x112px
>Find a friend on your travels with the same motive
>Roam with them
>Either teach them what you leaned, they teach you what they know, or both
>Fight with them and practice fighting them often. You'll at least gain combat experience.
>Use a skill or find a job to make money on the side (Busing, some crappy temp odd job, etc..)
>Find a martial art school near you and stay there for the duration of time that the money you paid will get you lessons (some teachers may even teach you for free or will let you sit in on classes, but that may be wishful thinking)
>Once you and your friend resources, gain experience, and/or are tired of the place you're in drift off to the next city.
>Rinse and Repeat

Although I don't think you should be asking strangers on the internet how to do something people don't often do and is highly dangerous if you don't know the areas you're visiting. This is a theoretical plan that may or may not work, but hey, good luck.

P.S: Ask /fit/ about bodyweight exercises. You want to travel light and your body is a decent home gym.
>>
>>653945
>P.S: Ask /fit/ about bodyweight exercises. You want to travel light and your body is a decent home gym.
Way ahead of you.
>>
>>652554
An easy way to avoid the whole "homeless" "gutter punk" label is to just call yourself a backpacker which is essentially what your doing all the nay sayers in this thread are just afraid and assume becoming "homeless" is a death sentence. There's no reason you can't travel form place to place using couch surfing and cheap hostels for accommodation and getting a job and living somewhere for a couple of months could make it a lot easier to stay in one town and train.

Some websites/books on this subject that i found are somewhat relevant;
hitchwiki
squat the planet
/r/solotravel
/r/vagabond
(^the linked subreddits in those two travel subs)
SAS survival guide or Any outdoors bushcraft type stuff, avoid Survival SHTF stuff
The lost art of finding our way(more on sea nav but a fun read to cater to your wonderlust)
the cp-journal(no its not what you think it is.)
facing violence: preparing for the unexpected(explains a great deal on self defence)
and of course trusty 4chan /out/ & /trv/

some Afterthoughts:
Research is helpful but not overly important.

Always trust your gut.

First aid training and a first aid kit wouldn't hurt.

The guy posting in CAPS has covered pretty much everything.

What i have said above is based on research and not experience take it as you will and please update us when you finally head out into the world.
>>
Hey OP, you comming to Germany? You can sleep on my couch if you want, I promise I wont rape you.
>>
>>652634
I was on the fense about OP till he pulled out Don Quixote. best of luck OP, I'v been planning a hitchhiking trip with similarly romantic and fagtastic ideals
>>
You should learn how to hotwire a car, you can make a fast dosh selling some luxury cars, plus you can move from city to city with them.

The hard part is of course hotwiring anything that isn't an antique
>>
This thread is too good to die, and should be archived
>>
>>652554
I'm fixing to do something similar, but I'm a computer programmer who can work remotely, so I'll still be able to work my relatively high-paying American job wherever I go, as long as there's an internet connection. Still, I've done a fair amount of research about this and talked to a few vagrants I've run into about how to do it.

Couchsurfing is a good resource. There are also services that will set you up with farms, and they'll pay you some, but mostly hook you up with a place to stay and food to eat while you work there. Hitch hiking in America isn't as bad as people make it out to be. I picked up a hitch hiker in NC, and he was going across the state. He said that several people picked him up, and he had only walked for a total of around three minutes (and he was almost to his destination when I picked him up).

For getting in with MA studios, I'd suggest making a youtube series about it. I think many martial artists would be happy to have the chance to talk about what they do, show you their training and then let you train with their people some, as long as you're respectful and portray them in a positive light. I'm planning on something similar, but with dance styles from around the world.

From what I've seen so far, the most important stat to have for this adventure is charisma. Many people will be happy to help you out and hear your story as long as you make a good first impression.

Good luck!
>>
You all are retarded. OP's gonna die or wind up in jail.
>>
Manchildren: the thread
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.