[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Because nobody made a new one (part 4 - lever free or planch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 6

File: 501736c7e14ca7150c000019_ref.jpg (205KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
501736c7e14ca7150c000019_ref.jpg
205KB, 640x640px
Because nobody made a new one (part 4 - lever free or planche hard)

>Why bodyweight?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRmsDjMujjo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAERZd8XtgQ

>Websites

gymnasticbodies.com/forum
antranik.org/bodyweight-training
globalbodyweighttraining.com
startbodyweight.com
/r/bodyweightfitness
fitloop.co

>Youtube Channels

youtube.com/user/FitnessFAQs/videos

>Books

Overcoming Gravity - https://thepiratebay.se/torrent/7663751/Overcoming_Gravity_%28gnv64%29

Coach Sommers Mastering GST Series
http://kickass.to/mastering-gst-pdf-2014-ubtrg-t8577688.html
>Foundation 1+2 and Handstand 1
http://kickass.to/mastering-gst-2-foundation-three-foundation-four-handstand-two-and-rings-one-pdf-t9160432.html#main
>Foundation 3+4, Handstand 2 and Rings 1
https://kickass.to/gb-stretch-course-front-split-wildturkey00-pdf-2015-ubtrg-t10296049.html
>Stretch course, Front Split

Pastebin - http://pastebin.com/4hdf1uaP
>>
>Safest Straight-Arm Progression (Steady State Cycles)
www.antranik.org/how-to-implement-a-steady-state-training-cycle

>Common Prereqs
www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/3750-prerequisites/?p=93540

>Common Preqs, Video format
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkI1GBjj3eQ

>Wrist Prehab and Bodyline Exercises
www.kitlaughlin.com/docs/wrist-mobility_bodyline-exercises_handstands.pdf

>Kit Laughlin Wrist sequence (video format of above)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmMfW2kCkeE

>Rice Bucket Prehab For Wrists
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqZiVt9YBX0

>Bicep Tendon Prep
www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaH_HUMooyM

>Shoulder Dislocates for Mobility
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vP8YmmRMz6

>Proper Scapula Positions For Statics
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-njKUc-f9U&list=UUMrY-JHG6bF3LEdlDvhv7XA

>Ido Portal Scapula Mobilization
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4Wo095zPnc

>Ido Portal’s Resources (Mobility, Strength, and Movement progressions)
http://antranik.org/the-floreio-project/

>Homemade parallette guide
http://library.crossfit.com/free/pdf/13_03_Parallettes.pdf
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvbbrulbW8Q

>Greasing the Groove explanation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGjtPtXXWCg
>>
File: 1426365424853.png (147KB, 1190x895px) Image search: [Google]
1426365424853.png
147KB, 1190x895px
Beginner weightlifting/gymnastics combined routine
>>
File: 1426365553295.png (403KB, 1200x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1426365553295.png
403KB, 1200x1500px
Intermediate weightlifting/gymnastics combined routine
>>
>>649211
>>649213
And read Starting Strength to learn the lifts. I don't know anything about body weight stuff but what I do know is that if you have bad form you won't get stronger.
>>
hey guys I just want to increase overall flexibility
I was going to do phrakture but some guy said that was shit?
could someone elaborate on this point?
>>
>>649252
curious about this too
>>
>>649252
>>649257
It is not shit, it is sup par to GB stretch series. See OP for download

phrakture is shit though, I just do not like him.
>>
can anyone link me to a pdf version of the Stretch series? Currently I don't have Torrent
>>
for those of you looking to improve flexibility, check out
http://antranik.org/antraniks-splits-routine/
I've found it mandatory to have good lower body flexibility in order to progress smoothly in rings L-sit, let alone manna
>>
>>649342
could you tell me why exactly is it subpar?
Is this just you who thinks this or do a lot of people agree with you
>>
>>649503
Present yourself, new namefag!
>>
>>649508
MM:
It is very superficial and has no progressions. All I see is a very easy warm up, nothing really builds strength in a newly gained range of motion.

SS:
Good passive stretching, but the programming could be optimized.

For both there is no end goal to work towards, just 1-3 harder stretches.

I try to be brief because the way it is structured it really indicates the lack of depth. The guy is not a professional.
>>
>>649508
>>649531
I am not a professional either by the way. If anyone holds a different opinion we can always have a discussion.

By all means go for GB stretch series. It has everything.
>>
>>649531
>>649533
aite, I don't even get what you said but I'll trust you know what you're talking about
>>
One question, and this is in no sense of hating the program.

I've read the F1, and looking at the exercise these are very basic or baby steps. For me that I'm already focusing on progressions.

Why would I return on doing the basics? Again I'm not hating the program, I just don't feel the emotion of doing it because of the lack of difficulty I can notice by reading.
>>
>>649549
You would be surprised at how hard some of the progressions are; in terms of form requirements, mobility requirements, no rest and endurance requirements.

I agree that they seem easy but they will make even some of the best crumble. Take a shot and see. Oh, and watch the form of the athlete very carefully.

As an example HBP PE 1 is incline push ups 5 x 15. Some requirements are protracted and depressed shoulders, full range of motion, posterior pelvic tilt and elbows by your side even though it is not explicitly stated.
>>
>>649552
besides what you listed I doubt the endurance exercises will help him much

like 5x60s hollowbody holds, wont transfer to shit except to planks maybe
>>
>>649554
Endurance will help everyone. Even olympic gymnasts do high rep/hold time work.

But I agree that some of the F1 standards are off for most people.

Another reason the HBH are 5 x 60s is to hammer in correct form on those. Truth is that if you have bad form you will have a hard time building endurance. That is because strength comes best in the most mechanically advantageous position position specific to an exercise.

So, the point is to achieve good form, and I at least know myself well enough to support that. I worked 2 months on push ups before I could perform them right.
>>
>>649561

Hey Alex,

What do you think about this, in the mornings do the F1. And by nights continue doing my routine.

Good or bad?
>>
>>649563
F1 will take a fuckton of your work capacity. You have to choose.
>>
>>649554
>like 5x60s hollowbody holds, wont transfer to shit except to planks maybe

lul wut?

they are fuckton useful for your overall strenght and abs, and if you didn't notice...ehm...

a Front Lever is a HBH holded to a bar

>>649563

what he >>649569 said, also, you'll probably die
>>
>literally too retarded to understand F1 routine

It's supposedly the best one, but I just don't don't fucking understand how the whole fucking thing works man.
Is there some kind of routine for casual plebs like me.
>>
>>649522
haha
sorry, I namefag on /mu/ since 2009 and this time let it on accidentally
been on these threads since september, so yeah not much to say here
>>
File: sommer.jpg (13KB, 216x274px) Image search: [Google]
sommer.jpg
13KB, 216x274px
>>649597
You chose a training cycle where you do all 7 foundation elements in one session, or you break them up into two separate workouts where you do straddle planche, front lever, hollowback press, and rope climb in one workout and manna side lever and single leg squat in the other. look at the intro to H1 for sample cycles if you're doing H1 in conjunction, or just do a sample cycle from the beginning of F1 if not. Each exercise you do has a paired mobility to it which you do directly after completing each set.

You start from the first progression in each exercise, and advance once you hit the mastery requirements for strength and mobility. Use the videos of progressions to reference form, and use the charts (can someone post those charts please?) for reference.

>>649554
Hollowbody holds are critical for front lever and handstands. I see too many people kicking up into floppy handstands because they don't know how to maintain tension in their handstand because they lack strength in their abdominal area. It's not even about the posterior pelvic tilt, there are many handbalancers who will keep a neutral tilt or even slightly anterior tilt, it's about learning how to stay straight and tense when you're supported in a compromised position.

>>649549
If you pass the mastery requirements, you can progress past the initial progressions.

>>649531
Great points, I have felt the same way about these routines. Phrakture is too unqualified to be as arrogant and condescending as he is.
On a separate note
>tfw when I hit my first stalder press
pic related
>>
I want to start foundation but don't want to stop lifting, I have decided to do the straight arm progressions from foundation and keep using weights (Bench press, OHP, rows and w/pullups) for bent arm strength, and squats and deadlifts for legs,
I am not sure about how to program all the exercises, this is my current plan

AxBxAxx...BxAxBxx

A: push
Squats
Bench press
Ohp
Foundation straight arm (4 movements)
hypertrophy accessories

B: pull
Deadlift
DB row
Pullups
Foundation straight arm (4 movements)
hypertrophy accessories

what's your opinion?
>>
Can anyone in this thread give me front handspring help advice tips?
>>
On a scale of 1-10 how much would these benefit a wrestler?
>>
>>649942
Noice.

>Phrakture is too unqualified to be as arrogant and condescending as he is

I do not care how much experience and knowledge that guy has... No one is qualified to act like that.

Is he still a mod though? I cannot find him there on list of mods.

>>650108
Good plan but with a little too much volume, especially as you progress to more advanced moves.

At least skip hypertrophy exercises. They are useless for strength development when you have that volume.

You can give it a try, and see if it is too excessive or not.

>>650125
Learn handstand and bridge first to safely develop handsprings.

>>650206
Without going to much in dept; 8.
>>
>>650233
Forgot name
>>
Would weighted planche leans be a thing?
>>
How are gold medal bodies programs? Are they inferior to gymnastic bodies?
>>
>>650335
no need since you would be able to just lean further unless your wrist flexibillity is really shit
>>
>>650364
More skill training, less strength training.
>>
>>650374

It hurtssssssssssss.
>>
Anyway, I guess I should get free-standing handstand / handstand push ups before even bothering with planche?

I have been doing this shit for ages, but it seems to make zero difference for wrist comfort. I can hold L-sits all day, but even "crow stance" planche progression feels like my wrist and elbows are about to snap.
>>
Can you guys tell me how shit my routine is?
Primary objective is strength/aesthetics, secondary are the skills:
Push
Weighted dips
HSPU prog.
Planche prog.
Planche PU prog.
Hanging leg raises

Pull
Weighted pullups
FL prog.
FL row prog.
BL prog.
AB wheel
Barbell curls(not sure about this one, I felt like I had too little biceps work compared to the rest)

Core/Legs
Pistol Squat prog.
Weighted lunges
Manna prog.
Hanging leg raises
AB wheel

Schedule is AxBxCxx
>>
>>650389
Even though BL is a pull it works the exact same muscles as a planche, so you would want to either replace that or put it on push day(rip tendons). Also, if you train for the FL leg raises will become useless since FL hits the core pretty good

besides that ALWAYS do straight arm exercises before dynamic exercises
>>
>>650405
Alright so move BL to push, and change leg raises with something else. What would you recommend trading them for?
>>
>>650423
L sit prog
>>
Do your elbows pop and crack when you lock them out?
>>
If I'm doing the 7 foundation progressions on the same day, is there a recommended order?
>>
And the gayest sport ever award goes to...parkour
>>
How do I go about getting all of this into a routine that I prepare for and progress in?
>>
>>650554
funny way to spell squash, curling, figure skating, inline skating, any skating really, american handegg, grappling-based MA, wrestling in general
>>
>>650612
mad ignorant yuropoor detected
>>
File: foundation.jpg (2MB, 1400x1400px) Image search: [Google]
foundation.jpg
2MB, 1400x1400px
>>649942
this chart?
>>
>>650383
No.

Handstand before HSPU.

Start with planche leans instead of crow stance.

>>650389
How good is your planche lean and HS?

You need more bodyline drills, you need more mobility work (if you want HS, manna, SLS and HLL), get a full GH and good planche lean before BL training. Curls are good for elbow prehab.

I would do a 2 day split instead. You only work certain muscle group once a week which is not optimal for strength training.

>>650539
No, warm up properly and work your elbows (leans and such). It could be nothing but gas release but one never knows.

>>650552
Yes, if your recovery ability can handle it

>>650554
I thought horse back riding and certain dance variations.

>>650559
For beginners I would recommend following F1 + H1 and try to understand the programming. As you understand more about the program and about yourself you can start making adjustments and in a few years you might have a hybrid which may not not look like the original programs at all.

That was the way I took and it turned out good for me.
>>
>>650824
I forgot to mention that I do mobility+practice HS on rest days. I hadn't been doing planche leans, should they go in the workout or in the mobility days? I can hold a GH for upwards of 40s.
How does something like this look:
Day 1
Planche prog
BL prog
Manna prog
Pistol squat prog
Weighted dips
HSPU prog
Planche PU prog

Day 2
FL prog
Manna prog
Weighted pullups
AB wheel
Weighted lunges
FL rows
Curl

Also, what do you suggest for bodyline drills?
>>
>>650846
For GH you need to be hanging almost vertical. I do not know what you mean by upwards.

HS is bodyline ofc, but planche leans are body line too. Then there are arch body holds and hollow body holds too. You can also look at those from H1.

I think it is very serious volume. Consider having little sets or skipping some exercises. Skip HSPU if you freestanding HS line is not perfect. Skip manna in first workout, you have it in second.

Instead of FL rows I would do normal rows, the ones you know from F1. Those are really good at strengthening rotator cuffs. Do the pistols in workout 2 because workout 1 has the most volume.

Like this I would do ABxABxx. Your workout might be too much but give it 2 weeks and see how it goes.
>>
>>650871
I mean I can hold a GH for more than 40s, I don't know my exact maximum time.
Can I do the bodyline drills on my rest days? Also, I don't have rings, but could I do bent-over barbell rows instead of FL rows?
What I've got now is:
Day 1
Planche prog
BL prog
Pistol squat prog
Weighted dips
Planche PU prog

Day 2
FL prog
Manna prog
Weighted pullups
Weighted lunges
Bent-over row/FL row prog
Curls
>>
>>650883
how do you expect to get good at FL if you dont do FL rows
>>
File: 1357480979021.gif (1MB, 300x188px) Image search: [Google]
1357480979021.gif
1MB, 300x188px
>>650883
>>650893

DUDE

if you can do barbel rows, just place the barbell somewhere and do fl rows from it
>>
There aren't any seeders for Gst 1.
>>
>>650927
I'm seeding right now but ain't nobody leeching
>>
Holy shit these are still around? I used to make these threads all the time on /fit/ a year ago

Unfortunately I had to stop a while ago, I got injured, life problems kicked in. Right now I'm in a yoga class and I plan on hitting the gym again, maybe I can mix some of this in
>>
Can a caloric deficit that facilitates 1.5-2lbs of weight loss per week inhibit the ability to recover properly?
>>
>>650883
Maximum hold time is somewhat irrelevant, get an almost vertical hang for 3 x 30 seconds before BL. That is my recommendation. Protip: GH makes you shoulders feel good, works your biceps a fair amount and you get good grip strength.

No, not really. I would try to incorporate them into your training. Like hollow holds before L-sit, planks and planche leans before planche holds, and arch body holds before whatever you do for obliques and lower back.

Body line rows preferably. Pull chest to thumb while keeping elbows in. Get somewhat highrep for rotator cuff conditioning.

Other than that your workout looks decent now.

>>650961
Yeah, but it requires good programming. Weight loss should come before serious strength training though, at least if it is BW training. Mobility exercises, stretching and cardio are your friends.
>>
I did a fuckton of tests today along with training with my physio, a very intelligent older man who has written books for education in Denmark.

- My headstand is perfect and I only need to add hold time.

- In PPP a had too much of a narrow grip and piked a bit during descent which gave me less ROM. Now a have greater ROM, but am back to 3 x 3.

- I hunged my shoulders in my 60 kg deadlifts due to not activating my rhomboids properly so now I am back to 30 kg to hammer in good form.

- After 2 weeks of negative pull ups I could do 5 from deadhanging in a row. They do not feel perfect yet but they should come as I learn rhomboid activation.

- I found that I could add bench dips for 3 sets without too much fatigue. Low that shoulder extension.

- Weighted oblique stretch (PE 3 iM) do wonders for tight right side obliques where hip circles did nothing. Good thing to not follow foundation programming strictly.
>>
>>650973
>I hunged my shoulders

What does this mean?
>>
I feel like I'm missing the point of the Hollow Body Rock exercises. What are they supposed to be strengthening as opposed to the holds and what are the common mistakes when doing them? Wouldn't holds and the Manna progressions be enough?
>>
>>650975
Oh, I mean hunched shoulders >>650973

>>650977
The point of hollow body holds/rocks is learning how to move into and hold ppt. Basically, it is pushing your abs inwards and down, so that your back becomes hollow. The rocking movement requires you to be able to shift tension throughout your abs to create momentum while in hollow and being completely stiff, no kipping.

Manna progression also requires that hollow body, while the exercise is dynamic.

The worst mistake is arching your lower back. Other may include hands positioning, kipping legs and bending neck.

A mirror or videoing yourself should provide plenty of feedback to whether or not you perform the exercise correctly
>>
>>650997
>>650977
I should add, to create that shifting tension it requires you to contract harder thus making the exercise harder, especially in the beginning until you learn just to contract enough.
>>
>>649531
sorry bro what's mm and ss?
>>
>>651098
He means molding mobility and starting stretching
>>
>>650824
>Start with planche leans instead of crow stance.

That's what I have been doing for ages yo.
>>
>>651160
ok and he said there is a download for gb stretch series?
I went to their website and you have to buy
Is there a free download somewhere?
>>
>>651178
Start with easier planks with high hold times and low over all intensity. It sounds like you have abnormally weak elbows and wrists compared to your muscle mass working in the same range of motion.

Have you had any elbow injuries prior to strength training? How are your push ups and pull ups?

I would did H1 wrist stretches and wrist strengthening along with planks. And perhaps see a professional for help if problem persists

See the OP for free download or buy them from the website if you are against piracy.
>>
>>651383
Did you try looking at the OP?
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.