[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Even with McMahon’s return, the finals of the tourname

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: sd91217.jpg (56KB, 680x510px) Image search: [Google]
sd91217.jpg
56KB, 680x510px
>Even with McMahon’s return, the finals of the tournament and three advertised title matches, ticket sales to the Thomas & Mack Center were terrible, at just 4,000. 205 Live matches, no matter how good, usually die in front of the live crowds.

JUST
https://pastebin.com/raw/xhvy7hZE
>>
Why do they book venues they cannot fill?
>>
Hard camera
>>
>>3151046
They have them reserved months before the show and they can't cancel them
>>
>>3151046
this is probably the millionth time i've said this but RAM and SD!L is a worldwide show and the majority of WWEs revenue comes from those tv contracts. USA alone pays 150 million a year. I can pretty much guarantee that they are not losing money on RAM/SD!L so as long as the crowd looks good on tv then they'll keep booking arenas.
>>
>>3151087
this. And TV is still their #1 source of revenue. Attendance isn't everything pinheads
>>
>>3151087
Yeah but it's a red alert for them, the ratings are dropping as well so it's not like they're in a secure position on tv either.
>>
>>3151043
WWE will die by 2020.
>>
>>3151098
ratings are dropping for everything and wwe announces new tv deals every once in a while. If USA lost WWE what else are they use to bring in viewers? Chrisley?
>>
>>3151098
Both Raw/SD ratings were up year over year. Raw is 10x better quality-wise than it was last year, and SD just had the biggest angle its had in over a decade
>>
>>3151087
OP here, WWE is definitely not losing money, but it is interesting that they're drawing 2000 WCW crowds. Granted, they are by no means bleeding money like WCW was.
>>
>>3151103
If they keep dropping in the ratings, and their live attendance continues to drop by the time WWE needs to renew their television deals, USA wont fucking pay them $150mil. Will they still probably be on USA, probably but they'll be making less than their current deal, ya simp
>>
>>3151140
I definitely think it's the ticket prices. It's not a cheap night out, especially for a family.

There are enough hardcores to keep the premium seats high, but if they make it like $20 to get in the door, then maybe you can open the upper decks for casuals.
>>
One halfway decent seat for this show was $120.
>>
>>3151152
I don't get this meme. It's a fact that WWE is losing money. They have been since launching the network.
>>
File: Thetruth.png (13KB, 495x242px) Image search: [Google]
Thetruth.png
13KB, 495x242px
WWE are making more money from house shows now because of ticket prices and the extra shows from the brand split.

Its a premium product now, for upmarket fans. You plebs just aren't patrician enough for it.
>>
File: 1470594407647.jpg (27KB, 786x506px) Image search: [Google]
1470594407647.jpg
27KB, 786x506px
>not being able to fill a college basketball arena in a tourist economy city
>>
>>3153251
They are still making a profit, unlike WCW 2000 with had lost like 68 million in just one year.
>>
>>3153251
They are not. Look at their reports (official ones they give their investors), they are not as profitable they probably could be, but they are making money.
TV deals are making them A LOT of money, merch sales are awesome and ticket sales aren't bad. They raised prices, so even with less attendance they are making money on those as well.
They are investing lot of the money they are getting in infrastructure of their Network, in making content for it.
>>
So WWE Network isn't profitable? I got about a year subscription in a contest, can finally watch without an illegal stream.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.