[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm getting pretty sick and tired of smark bait meta promos.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_4124.jpg (76KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4124.jpg
76KB, 800x450px
I'm getting pretty sick and tired of smark bait meta promos. They work well if used sparingly, but WWE plays the 'brake the fourth wall' hand far to often now. It's so fucking lazy.
>>
Worked shoots are absolute cancer
>>
>John Cena buries young talent amirite?
>Roman Reigns isn't a draw XD
Fucking cringe. It's like they browse Internet forums before they cut a promo.
>>
>inb4 complaining
It's more about the army of creatives being lazy to write a non boring promo. What's the use of creatives if wrestler just use his own anecdotal experience?
>>
>>3144812
Next week Cena will blast Roman on how he cannot lift big dogs and how he only has 5 moves unlike Cena who has 7-8 on special PPVs
>>
>>3144862
It's also on the wrestlers. I can count on 1 hand the total number of wrestlers who can actually cut a compelling promo in WWE.
>>
>>3144812
I've honestly really liked the Reigns/Cena promos. Cena walking about with his smug smile every week practically licking his lips over Reigns has been hilarious.
>>
>>3144954
I enjoyed the first promo, but everything after that has just been such smark bait bullshit. Imagine if the Rock was never allowed to do his own thing and was just told to go out and shoot on Austin's domestic assaults, or bitch about Triple H banging his way to the top of the company? It's so fucking lazy.
>>
Did it start with Miz's promo on Talking Smack? I think they saw what worked, and decided to run it into the ground because that's what they do.
>>
>make some unpaid intern go onto reddit
>copy a generic smark post
>hand it to cena and roman before raw
Pathetic
>>
Do you blame them? Their faggy audience is full of 4th wall breaking contrarians. They are probably under the impression that this is all that works now because this is the only way their audience reacts in the way they want them to
>>
Worked shoots make a hell of a lot more sense in today's world than they did back then. Wrestling has always historically been about trying to trick fans in a way, no? To make us believe things are real? The closest equivalent to that is worked shoots. They don't need to be put up on a pedestal either, but rather just be treated as another style of promos/segments.
>>
smarks are pathetic and ruined pro wrestling for everyone
>>
>>3144977
Worked shoots make no sense when the rest of the show has shit like spooky swamp man with magic powers feuding with a demon kang
>>
File: 1499653368653.png (491KB, 698x433px) Image search: [Google]
1499653368653.png
491KB, 698x433px
Worked shoot is alright if you use it occasionally. I have little problem with Roman/Cena workshooting weekly only if they did not use it for Dolph literally the next day.
But then you can argue it's not the same brand, fine. Then Enzo/Miz does it too on the very same brand.
>>
>>3144981
Aren't smarks a minority, so how can they influence the product and why should wwe listen to them? Where are the majority?
>>
>>3144985
Different characters, different storylines. You can say the same thing about spooky swamp man storyline in the context of standard wrestling storylines. Pro wrestling certainly isn't the first medium where fractured storylines include the baseline standard, the highly fantastical, and the 4th wall breakers all together.
>>
>>3144812
It's because Roman sucks.

If it were CM Punk he would've laid off the meta references by the third outing and called John Cena the New York Yankees or something.
>>
>Paul Heyman just said that Roman shouldn't be out cutting promos against the likes of John Cena
>they do it anyway

Sabotage?
>>
>>3144812
>Waaahhh promos are too scripted and boring!!
>Bust out a bit of 4th wall break to sell a big feud
>Stop breaking kayfabe with these shoot promos REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Fucking hell this fandom is AIDS
>>
Exposing the business was one thing but kayfabe acknowledging that you're an actor is another
>>
File: Me2harbinger.png (243KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Me2harbinger.png
243KB, 400x400px
>>3144812
Who would win in a real fight?
>>
Only a matter of time until Road Dogg is in the ring because someone on Smackdown is fed up with their booking. Maybe Ryder with the recent heel turn. Based Russo back on the staff.
>>
>>3146680
They don't know what the fuck they want, and when they get it they will turn on it a month later.
>>
Romarks absolutely fucking seething that their boy is getting buried every week lmao
>>
>>3144812
18+

When Jericho debuted he made a promo exactly like that, mentioning ratings, ppv buyrates etc.

Fucking neet virgins that grew up watching Cena.
>>
How many weeks until Roman or Ziggler refer to Taker as "The Undercarder"
>>
>>3144812
There is no fourth wall in wrestling.
>>
>>3146722
Did he also mention how many many good matches he has had?
>>
In a sense isn't everyone getting worked over worked shoots because they hate them?
>>
>>3144812
it only seems that way now, in five years, it will just be 2 months they did this and distilled down to a youtube video.

they basically do the same show in a few towns inbetween ppvs.
>>
>>3146778
pretty soon desu

Roman literally cut a carter promo "RECORD HIGH REVENUE" on Monday
>>
>>3144812
Its literally all they can do to try and get people excited about seeing Cena vs New Cena
>>
File: mqdefault.jpg (17KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
mqdefault.jpg
17KB, 320x180px
Do you guys also consider podcasts as ruining the business?

Per Stone Cold's Unleashed Podcast:

>"I'm really liking this build, even though Cena is doing all the heavy lifting. And that's nothing against the kid, he's great. He's just a little green and looks a little intimidated being in the ring with Cena. And I can tell he's taking it easy on Roman. If it was me, hell, if Roman wants mercy from me, he should take his ass to church cause I would bury him! Roman has no business being in that ring and I can't wait to see Cena stomp a mudhole in his ass and walk it dry! Roman just plain sucks and that's the bottom line, cause Stone Cold said so!!"
>>
>>3146933
Based Stone Cold telling it like it is!
>>
>>3146698
If there was ever a time when the contrarian faggot anti-smarks had merit, now would be really the only time.

I'm a smark and even I can't defend this autism anymore. If it's gotten to the point where a break from the usual trash the "creative" team horks up onto a piece of paper is getting bitched about, then this fandom needs to be shot in the fucking head.
>>
Jesus Christ you contrarian fucks. Absolutely disgusting. HAVE SEX PLEASE.
>>
>>3146933
Lol after main-eventing WM 3 years in a row and given the honor of retireing the undertaker roman is so shit people still call him "a little green"
>>
>>3147498
To be fair, Roman only has "Two Moves of Doom". I can see why Austin thinks he has a weak offense and in turn, is still a little green.

You're right, Roman has been around too long to be called a rookie, but he should be better at this than he is. I have no doubt, John will carry him to a great match at No Mercy (it's by design Roman only faces guys like Undertaker, Brock, etc who can carry him to a good match).
>>
>>3144812
Everyone universally agrees that Talking Smack was based because it broke the 4th wall. I'd guess that you're inclined to believe that as well.

So why is it okay for interviews and not okay for promos?
>>
>>3146933
>smark delusion
>no source
(lol
>>
This feud jumped the shark when Roman busted out the RECORD HIGH REVENUE meme.

He started off coming off like a dumb asshole, but now he just looks straight up delusional.
>>
>>3144977
We still know it's scripted, though.

It's like Lesnar busting open Randy. We wondered if it was a shoot for about five minutes and then it became super obvious it wasn't and instead of feeling real, it's just some sleazy shit Vince did. This is the same thing.
>>
>>3146698
>They don't know what the fuck they want
How about something that's actually well written, for a start.
>>
>>3146711
This. Holy shit, what a bunch of whiny faggots. They actually bought into the BBD shitposting.
>>
File: seven.jpg (11KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
seven.jpg
11KB, 320x240px
>>3144985
>implying you can't have both on the same show, or even on the same wrestler
>>
>>3148684
To be fair Cena did similar the first promo with the "I don't have a magical shovel, the FANS CHOOSE the top guys".
I can't for the life of me recall any other time you could hear an entire crowd GROAN from them knowing how bullshit a statement was.
>>
>>3144812
They're great and better then WWE's usual build up. Eat a dick faggot.
>>
>>3146933
Yo, Austin actually issued an apology on twitter about his Roman Reigns comments. Said he was drinking and was just being in character.

Roman tweeted back "no harm, no foil".

I like Reigns, but shit, he even stutters on social media! The dude is honestly scared of real wrestlers. I've decided RR is a DSF (Dick Sucking Fag).
>>
>>3144961
it would suck for the rock because he couldn't cut a rock promo without a script. Austin would probably deliver some awesome worked shoots because he's more believable as that character than dwayne as any character in any movie.
>>
>>3146689
Yeah, it's better and the next logical step.
>>
>>3149189
Both of those lines highlight the hypocrisy of this feud.

They're trying to do these REAL SHOOT PROMOS but keep including lines that are still totally fucking fake. At least with Roman, it's like, you can just go "Okay, this guy is a moron who's saying stupid shit that he actually believes." but Cena saying some bullshit like that pretty much immediately shatters suspension of disbelief because we know he's smarter than that.
>>
>>3144812
>cm punk does it
>neckbeard smarks fall in love

>based cena does it
>EXPOSING THE BUSINES REEEE
>>
>>3150680
It's more the romarks absolutely seething that cena is looking so good side by side and that roman's looking like a fucking geek.
>>
>>3144834
Wcw
>>
>>3146694

>Russo back on staff

Never will happen, but I wish
>>
>>3150700
I wish too. I mean, Russo is a fucking moron and all, but at least he actually tries.
>>
>>3150123
Can't remember who said it (though probably quite a few people I'd imagine), but they said that they suck equally for different things. Roman's a dumbass, Cena's a pandering con artist and neither deserve the respect of being the top guy.

You know things are bad when Cole in promoting the match has to state that they're the 2 most polarising superstars ever facing each other.
Not that they're the most polar opposite superstars, with different styles and/or fanbases or whatever, But polarising.
If you're marketing a match and have to admit that the competitors are the 2 top faces of the company and are both hated by at least half the audience, you need to see you've fucked the business up by quite a bit.
>>
>>3144842
You would be a fool if you don't think WWE has people on the roster who do nothing but browse internet wrestling forums and report back with what they see as popular opinions and memes.
>>
>>3150685
Absolutely THIS!

It's not "exposing the business", it's "exposing Reigns" - and they can't handle that shit. His fans are a bunch of whiny crybabies who can't handle reality.
>>
why isn't anyone talking about the Miz and Enzo promo
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.