[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So it was 100% necessary for Triple H to insert himself in these

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

File: 878647.jpg (406KB, 1280x1532px) Image search: [Google]
878647.jpg
406KB, 1280x1532px
So it was 100% necessary for Triple H to insert himself in these feuds and play a major part in these title matches correct?
>>
>>3124312
Yes
>>
How else would they draw money?
>>
Of course. He was the biggest draw in the company at the time and in many ways is one of the biggest draws ever.

If you think I'm wrong just remember that Triple H essentially created the Attitude Era (the most profitable time in wrestling) with his DX stable.
>>
>>3124325
>>3124326
Hi Paul!
>>
>>3124326
>DX created the Attitude Era
>Not based DOA and Headbangers
>>
>>3124312
>it's a Shane McMahon/Triple H/Shawn Michaels as the special guest referee episode
>>
>>3124334
>DOA and Headbangers created the Attitude Era
>Not based Blue Meanie and Ryan Shamrock
>>
It was very necessary for him to beat Brock
>>
>>3124326

This. Smarks need to learn their history.
>>
>>3124326
I'm going to pretend I didn't read this
>>
File: 1504286154437.jpg (31KB, 400x394px) Image search: [Google]
1504286154437.jpg
31KB, 400x394px
>>3124312
>2011
no ADR wasn't worth it and the Kevin Nash angle was retarded
>2013
yes, was essential to the story of DB even though it wasnt the plan at the time
>>
>>3124312
Can someone explain to me how Cena and Punk both have a belt in the top picture?
>>
>>3125903
punk won title at mitb and the storyline was he left wwe with it

rey jr won the tournament to replace the belt and john cena being the cunt he is challenged rey for it the night he won it and the dumb spic agreed and cena won it from him

then punk returned with belt and they had match at summerslam for who is real champion

kevin nash returned to power bomb punk because of a text message and alberto del rio walked away champ by cashing in mitb
>>
>>3125915
God this era was so terrible
>>
>>3124326
Nobody believes this shit unironically. (Except HHH)
Trying too hard.
>>
>>3125922
It was good until Nash and HHH showed up to shit all over it and kill it.
>>
>>3124326
Fucking cringe
>>
>>3125939
I was drunk as fuck at night of champions 2011 and it was the funniest shit ever when HHH won

The crowd wasn't even mad just confused and sad and I was laughing my ass off in my chair with my souvenir plastic cup. All they wanted was a CM Punk win and Paul says no.

Great show tho
>>
File: 3425.jpg (46KB, 640x358px) Image search: [Google]
3425.jpg
46KB, 640x358px
Yes I was there during the Monday Night Wars and yes the nWo was one of the greatest thing that ever happened but I'm still pretty confident that the Kliq will be featured heavily in the future book THE DEATH OF AMERICAN PRO WRESTLING
>>
>>3126291
As long as RoH and PWG exist, pro wrestling will never die in America.
>>
>>3126306
>RoH and PWG

But I'm an American pro wrestling fan who has no idea what these acronyms mean
>>
>>3124325
Umm....Cena?
>>
>>3126306
>PWG
>ROH
Are you ever going to have sex?
>>
>>3124312
summerslam 2011
>inserted himself into the main event as ref because Punk was too over
summerslam 2012
>inserted himself into a brock feud and main event that killed all of lesnar's momentum - got "you tapped out" when looking for sympathy
summerslam 2013
>inserted himself into the main event as ref because bryan got too over - ended the night by pedigreeing bryan
summerslam 2014
>inserted his wife into the most pushed womans match in ages at that point, came out and watched his wife pedigree a full time talent before going in and celebrating
summerslam 2015
>fucked off
summerslam 2016
>fucked off but the next night came and pedigreed rollins before leaving for football season

Triple H is a fucking joke
>>
>>3127360

Don't forget that all of this takes place AFTER his Reign of Terror so this isn't even him at his worst.
>>
>>3127299
No, you're a sports entertainment fan. Vince himself has said that pro wrestling is what his dad did. So if you're in America and don't watch the indies, you don't watch pro wrestling.
>>
>>3124325
>>3124326
>roleplaying as Levesquetty
Holy fucking CRINGE
>>
>>3127299
Percy fucking Watson has name-dropped ROH on TV recently, don't be a daft cunt.
>>
2011 and the angle that spun out of it was completely retarded.

2013 makes sense but only in hindsight.
>>
>>3124312
Based triple h burying the no draws like cm gays and d-gays.
>>
>>3125922
No it wasn't. For the first time in years Vince decided to actually push someone other than Cena and it was a mini Renaissance. WWE was dying in the gutter before then.

The only reason it was horrible was because it turned into another "insecure veteran has to feel relevant" episode.
>>
>>3127299
>I'm an American wrestling fan that doesn't know RoH
Lmao ok bud. You're a sports entertainment ™ fan. Don't lump yourself in with people who want something other than a kids show.
>>
>>3127785
>decided

Pretty sure the crowd just hijacked every show until there was no choice but to push Punk and then Bryan.

It would happen today but Triple H is much more devious and spreads his talent around more so his Shield and NXT boys will be involved no matter what. There will never be a scenario in which the fans are able to hijack so an actual favorite like AJ or Cesaro can get clearly cheered over Roman or Seth.
>>
>>3124342
this is the saddest story never told.
>>
File: asuka.jpg (340KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
asuka.jpg
340KB, 1200x900px
>>3127360
i legit had tears when he hugged Asuka this week.

she really cemented his position as vince's favorite son.
>>
>>3124342

/thread
>>
>>3127360
Whenever HHH not on screen, all the other Superstars should be asking "Where's Triple H?"
>>
>>3130449

Pretty sure that's Shane and Steph
>>
>>3124325

both these Summerslams were the lowest drawing since 1997

and in fact drew worse than 1997 if you take only domestic buys into account
>>
thread theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI5IiI1huVU
>>
While the summer of Punk may have been sunny for CM Punk fans and Internet message boards, it was more of a disappointing season at the box office. The WWE SummerSlam 2011 buyrate is in and let’s just say that the numbers aren’t too kind to CM Punk as a top guy.

Perception isn’t always reality in professional wrestling and it has never been more evident than this past summer. There was more buzz following CM Punk’s RAW Roulette promo than just about anything sans The Rock returning this year. Yet those seven days of buzz was not significant of overall WWE fan interest. Now that the dust has settled, it is fairly apparent that you need a lot more than one week of shock value to sell an angle to the mass WWE audience.

Mike Johnson has the numbers over at PWInsider.com and they aren’t pretty. According to Mike, SummerSlam saw a 14% decrease in buys as compared to last year’s show. The show did 301,000 buys, 127,000 domestic, and 174,000 international. 300,000 buys wouldn’t have been bad for Money in the Bank but not for one of the big four pay per views.

Last year’s SummerSlam headlined by the great Nexus vs. WWE angle did 350,000 buys. The year before, SummerSlam 2009 headlined John Cena vs. Randy Orton, the return of Degeneration X, and Punk vs. Jeff Hardy did 369,000 buys.

To look at the angle as a whole, you have to include the Money in the Bank 2011 buyrate which was 185,000 buys, 132,000 domestic as well as declining ratings over the course of the CM Punk angle. If you combine everything and look at the big picture, you would have to conclude that as much as you may have liked the angle, it was a failure in terms of business.
>>
>>3131352
The summer of punk ended much like the summer of George.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.