[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This guy was irrelevant before 2017. It wasn't until the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_0985.jpg (56KB, 720x560px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0985.jpg
56KB, 720x560px
This guy was irrelevant before 2017. It wasn't until the first Okada/Omega match that the IWC started to worship him.

Think about it. This guy has had ZERO scoops in the last decade or so, and yet now, since he gave that match six stars, he lives in all of /asp/'s heads and pretty much every other wrestling community rent fucking free

Was the Six-Star meme the greatest work in the history of professional wresting?
>>
>>3122570
18+

Hes been legit forever
>>
>Imagine not listening to the Eyada show everyday after high school during the Attitude Era
>>
Vince has worked with him multiple times in the past
>>
No.
>>
>>3122570
>Been making a living writing about wrestling since the 80s
>Irrelevant before 2017
Try again
>>
>>3122570
We don't really care about scoops anymore, other sports have ESPN and radio shows, we have a bunch of smarky podcasters like Sam Roberts and we network BS talkshows. In a sea of cringe worthy bullshit we have Meltzer, who is a walking encyclopedia on the sport/show we know and love that provides interesting opinions and insightful knowledge, while sometimes getting carried away and speaking in hyperboles.
>>
File: IMG_4987.png (254KB, 1148x1026px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4987.png
254KB, 1148x1026px
>>3122570
>>
>>3122570
From Cuck Foley's 1st book:
>One night, in San Jose, we were mildly concerned about our little stinkathon of a match. Dave Meltzer, who wrote the Wrestling Observer newsletter, was in the crowd, and we knew he'd severely blister our effort whether Austin laughed or not. Fun was one thing, but getting ripped to shreds in the underground sheets was another.

Attitude era wrestlers feared Meltz.
>>
File: B2RQW-UIcAA4h5i.jpg (52KB, 660x501px) Image search: [Google]
B2RQW-UIcAA4h5i.jpg
52KB, 660x501px
>worked hogan into a shoot
>>
>>3122570
WWF were making use of his services in the 80s
>>
He's more popular than ever because his shit is so easy to download illegally

Maybe a thousand schmucks actually pay him, and he has to split the money with Alvarez.
>>
>>3122632
Yet still makes a very comfortable living.
>>
File: meltzchad.jpg (36KB, 469x308px) Image search: [Google]
meltzchad.jpg
36KB, 469x308px
>marks are literally S E E T H I N G
>>
File: 1486583941948.gif (1MB, 118x159px) Image search: [Google]
1486583941948.gif
1MB, 118x159px
>>3122570
you fucking faggot
smarks have been sucking meltz dick since the fucking 90s
2011-2014 was fucking UNBARABLE with the amount of who japan marks out there just because le meltz was high on them at the time and the were just discovering it
>>
>>3122570
I don't know if it was the greatest work in history but it did prove regardless of what wrestlers or anti smarks say about him he has a good amount of influence amongst the wrestling crowd.
>>
File: Dave_Meltzer-400x400.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Dave_Meltzer-400x400.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
>>3123477

Based Meltz running wild working the raging autists into a shoot tonight brother.
>>
>>3122570
>This guy was irrelevant before 2017
how old are you?
>>
>irrelevant before 2017
>has literally dictated mainstream wrestling tastes since the 80s
People used to worship All Japan and NOAH like they do to NJPW today because of him. Not that some newfag like you would even know anything about those other promotions.
>>
>>3122570
Just a quick reminder that if you didn't start watching wrestling in 1993 at the very least then you should not be here.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.