[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: How to retire the Big Show A lot of people don't like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 6

File: Big-Show.jpg (121KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
Big-Show.jpg
121KB, 620x400px
ITT: How to retire the Big Show

A lot of people don't like Show, but I'm not one of them. The guy has been around for decades, always been loyal to the company, jobbed out to countless other guys, and he's pretty popular in the locker room from what I understand. He's been booked terribly and rolled with it, probably had more gimmick matches than any other wrestler in WWE. His whole schtick is basically that he's fucking huge, and people give him shit for it, but he does a pretty good job for someone of his size. Yes he's slow, but that's the point -
he's a massive lumbering tank of a man you don't want to get caught by. Strowman is showing him up now, sure, but he's a much younger man, and if it wasn't for Show he probably wouldn't be around.

Now I've got that out of the way, Show's contract is due to expire just before WM34 and there's talk of him being out with injury and his career being over. I really hope that's not the case. I think he deserves a massive send-off after all his years of service (especially with charity, he's a favourite with disabled kids because he's "the biggest and strongest and takes no crap from anyone") and given the timing and everything else, I think WM34 is the place to do it.

Here's how I think it should go down - Big Show has never won a Royal Rumble despite often being stated 'a favourite' simply down to his massive size. Royal Rumble 2018 he comes in at 30 and eliminates this year's favourite to win - Strowman. It then comes down to the last two competitors - Show and [insert other wrestler here]. Show is fired up, he's never been so close, and puts up a good fight. It looks like he'll finally do it, when an angry Strowman returns and destroys him.

In the February PPV Strowman fights for the belt (whichever the RR winner chooses not to go for), when Big Show interferes to stop him. However it doesn't work - Strowman destroys Show again and still wins the belt anyway. (cont.)
>>
Show is furious, and challenges Strowman to a final showdown at WM34, only Strowman refuses. He has nothing to prove against the old timer and considers him beneath him, and sees no reason he should offer the belt to him on the grandest stage of them all when he could fight anyone. Show harrasses Strowman, attacking him backstage, interfering in matches, the works, until finally he says he'll put his career on the line to fight Strowman at WM34.

Show has never had a true WM main event (only a messy 4-way that involved the McMahons at ringside) and letting him finally have one rather than the gimmick matches he's put up with over the years would be deserved. Having it as the main event would make sense too - one of WWE's current biggest stars in Strowman, a title defense, and a 20-odd year career on the line.

To compensate for the inevitable slow pace, the match is made a last-man standing match. Strowman is dominant throughout but Show just keeps getting back up. The match needs to be full of spots that can only be pulled off by monsters like these two - give the audience a reason to miss Show, by reminding them what only someone of his size is capable of. Flip announcer tables, break ladders, maybe even put it in a cell, or even for one last time do the classic ring-break (that I think has only happened with Show, so it's almost his trademark stunt). Make it a brutal slobberknocker where Show truly gives it everything he has, but eventually Strowman wins out and retires him.

With the audience now on his side, chants of "Thank You Big Show", he does his sweaty fake cry face, and limps out the arena on his own two feet. A final appearance on the following night's Raw, where he talks about respect for Strowman for continuing his big man legacy. Finally, he's the main inductee of the 2019 Hall of Fame.

Thoughts?

tl;dr Get Strowman to retire Show at the WM34 main event
>>
mark
>>
>>3121522
Do you even know what that term means?
>>
cringe
>>
>>3121537
Yeah that you think this shit is real marky. Show is doing this for a paycheck. He's just going to retire on disability, relax, and play Destiny 2
>>
>>3121522
>>3121539
I'll take that as a no then, samefag.
>>
I hope they give him a big send-off but he'll probably just beat some jobber (or maybe lose to roman) with no buildup at some B PPV.
>>
>>3121544
>Implying Show plays with anything other than the original XBox controllers
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (65KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
65KB, 1280x720px
>>3121485
>sweaty fake cry face
anything but that
>>
>>3121485
>A lot of people don't like Show,
The only people I know that dont like show are under aged faggots
>>
>>3121564
Sadly I believe that underage faggots make up most of the audience (and most of the people on this board, for that matter)
>>
Holy shit, I can't believe you took the time to think and still post all of that stuff no one will read
>>
In ten years it will be looked at as the biggest fuckup in the business that a guy who's that huge, that coordinated, can talk and isn't horrible in the ring never drew
>>
>always been loyal to company
Two things

1. Vince signed him to a 14-yr contract in 1999.
2. Who the fuck else was he supposed to work for?
>>
>>3121621
2005-2012 he could easily have been an Andre the Giant and gone to whatever promotion he felt like at any given time, be an occasional appearance kind of guy.
>>
File: fedora neckbeard..png (302KB, 479x455px) Image search: [Google]
fedora neckbeard..png
302KB, 479x455px
>>3121485
>ITT: How to retire the Big Show
>A lot of people don't like Show, but I'm not one of them. The guy has been around for decades, always been loyal to the company, jobbed out to countless other guys, and he's pretty popular in the locker room from what I understand. He's been booked terribly and rolled with it, probably had more gimmick matches than any other wrestler in WWE. His whole schtick is basically that he's fucking huge, and people give him shit for it, but he does a pretty good job for someone of his size. Yes he's slow, but that's the point -
>he's a massive lumbering tank of a man you don't want to get caught by. Strowman is showing him up now, sure, but he's a much younger man, and if it wasn't for Show he probably wouldn't be around.
>Now I've got that out of the way, Show's contract is due to expire just before WM34 and there's talk of him being out with injury and his career being over. I really hope that's not the case. I think he deserves a massive send-off after all his years of service (especially with charity, he's a favourite with disabled kids because he's "the biggest and strongest and takes no crap from anyone") and given the timing and everything else, I think WM34 is the place to do it.
>Here's how I think it should go down - Big Show has never won a Royal Rumble despite often being stated 'a favourite' simply down to his massive size. Royal Rumble 2018 he comes in at 30 and eliminates this year's favourite to win - Strowman. It then comes down to the last two competitors - Show and [insert other wrestler here]. Show is fired up, he's never been so close, and puts up a good fight. It looks like he'll finally do it, when an angry Strowman returns and destroys him.
>In the February PPV Strowman fights for the belt (whichever the RR winner chooses not to go for), when Big Show interferes to stop him. However it doesn't work - Strowman destroys Show again and still wins the belt anyway. (cont.)
>>
File: fedoraobeseretard.png (573KB, 537x585px) Image search: [Google]
fedoraobeseretard.png
573KB, 537x585px
>>3121521
>Show is furious, and challenges Strowman to a final showdown at WM34, only Strowman refuses. He has nothing to prove against the old timer and considers him beneath him, and sees no reason he should offer the belt to him on the grandest stage of them all when he could fight anyone. Show harrasses Strowman, attacking him backstage, interfering in matches, the works, until finally he says he'll put his career on the line to fight Strowman at WM34.
>Show has never had a true WM main event (only a messy 4-way that involved the McMahons at ringside) and letting him finally have one rather than the gimmick matches he's put up with over the years would be deserved. Having it as the main event would make sense too - one of WWE's current biggest stars in Strowman, a title defense, and a 20-odd year career on the line.
>To compensate for the inevitable slow pace, the match is made a last-man standing match. Strowman is dominant throughout but Show just keeps getting back up. The match needs to be full of spots that can only be pulled off by monsters like these two - give the audience a reason to miss Show, by reminding them what only someone of his size is capable of. Flip announcer tables, break ladders, maybe even put it in a cell, or even for one last time do the classic ring-break (that I think has only happened with Show, so it's almost his trademark stunt). Make it a brutal slobberknocker where Show truly gives it everything he has, but eventually Strowman wins out and retires him.
>With the audience now on his side, chants of "Thank You Big Show", he does his sweaty fake cry face, and limps out the arena on his own two feet. A final appearance on the following night's Raw, where he talks about respect for Strowman for continuing his big man legacy. Finally, he's the main inductee of the 2019 Hall of Fame.
>Thoughts?
>tl;dr Get Strowman to retire Show at the WM34 main event
>>
>>3121634
You realize that Vince J McMahon was sending Andre to different territories, in exchange for other talents coming into New York, right?

I'll ask again. What promotions in 2005-2012 could Show have worked in, that would've paid him anywhere near what Vince McMahon was giving him?
>>
>>3121485
Big Show has a great career and a lot of funny moments. This guy was legit on the mic when they allowed him some freedom. He pisses on the majority of the modern roster.
>>
>>3121644
>>3121649

beggin ya to have sex
>>
>>3121588
>Sadly I believe that underage faggots
they do

Show deserves one final title run

If Austin or Hogan were still around the new audience would shit on them in the same way they shit on show
>>
>>3121485
>A lot of people don't like Show, but I'm not one of them

You got worked by the vocal minority.

After WM30 families and ordinary people stopped going to shows because of all the obese numales doing the "yes" chant, half of them couldn't take the Halabja-esque stench of the armpits, the other half were getting harassed for booing midgets.

So what I'm trying to say is that only a few people don't like Big Show.
>>
>>3121621
You really think he wouldn't have been able to get work in Japan? They fucking love monsters like Show
>>
>>3121485
>if it wasn't for Show he probably wouldn't be around.
there may be something to this I'm not understanding. Did he help him break into the business or something?
>>
>>3122171
Not to my knowledge. It's more the case that without Show, big guys would just be seen as freak shows rather than title contenders like Strowman is. The most memorable giants that I can think of over the last 20 years or so (and I mean BIG, not just tall) are the likes of Mark Henry, Great Khali and Viscera/Mabel types. None of these were ever really considered wrestlers in the way Show was.
>>
File: maxresdefault[6].jpg (122KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[6].jpg
122KB, 1280x720px
>RAW
>Big Show announces he will retire in two weeks on RAW
>Stephanie comes out
>says in that case the RAW after next will be the Big Show retirement special, and Show can name any opponent he wishes for his last match
>Show says he wants to out with a bang. His choice is obvious: the current WWE Universal Champion: Brock Lesnar!
>Stephanie says you want it, you got it.
>next week
>Heyman comes out with Brock, starts bitching about Stephanie not telling Brock what to do.
>Brock puts his hand over the microphone and interrupts Heyman. He's beaten Big show before. Says if Show now wants to commit live suicide in his last he's got no problem assisting him. Time to send the old bull to the slaughter house.
>next week
>Video packages talking about big show through the night
>Main event is Brock vs Show (non-title)
>Long, good match
>Brock barely wins (clean).
>they shake hands, Brock leaves quickly
>roster comes out
>Big Show gives his farewell speech
>standing ovation closes the show as RAW goes off the air
>>
>>3121603
For many years he has one of the biggest draws for house shows.
>>
>>3122525
You don't think it should happen at a PPV?
>>
>>3122535
No. RAW needs some good stuff to bring people back to watching it. There should be a few "special" RAWs a year like this that are hyped.
>>
>>3121485
I'd argue strowman has gottwn better matches out of show than anyone else in the past decade. To be fair part of that is that shows in the best shape he's been in since maybe 2008
>>
>>3121521
>Strowman superplexes Beeg and the ring collapses putting Beeg out for the LMS 10 count
Would mark
>>
They should do a WeeLC match with Enzo and Kalisto and Show is guest referee. He gets pissed at Enzo and beats the shit out of him. Kalisto comes to Enzo aid and get beat up as well. One by one, the 205 live wrestlers come down the ramp and Show knocks them all out with his punch, this includes Daniel Bryan. . At the end he takes the Cruiserweight belt and jerks off of it. He grabs a mic and says, time to turn the page on this point in my career and winks at the camera.

That's how wrestle mania ends
>>
>>3121485
He should have went out at wm 34 against Braun but they've done that match too many times now. It's not special anymore.
>>
>>3121873
It's sad that some retards actually believe shit like this
>>
>>3121485
I'd have him win the Andre Battle Royal at Mania and then retire. Maybe it'll give the match more prestige. Then Beeg just has to wait for the HoF call.

If he wants it, I'm sure they'll give him some sort of position in the company. He's been loyal to Vince for 2 decades
>>
>>3122644
>t. DDT writers
>>
>>3122950
He probably knows the industry pretty damn well by now, but the thought of big show having a desk job makes me laugh. It would be like a comedy skit. Guy would probably need a special massive keyboard.
>>
Jerishow tag title victory lap when?
>>
>>3122950
He already won the Andre
>>
>>3122672
I believe your Lord Meltzer literally said what I said about the crowd change. It's sad some retards have any doubt about it.
>>
>>3121873
>delusion
>>
>>3121485
>Last year of a career of at best middling reactions
>Finally puts the work in and begins to look like a wrestler, doing cool spots, putting younger guys over strong
>Getting the best reactions of his career
>Retiring before the end of the year

If only he got his shit together a few years ago
>>
gets powerbombed on his fucking head by a heel with the IT factor
>>
>>3123505
>"I believe"

AKA your fanfiction
>>
>>3123505
Post a link to the issue of The Observer or the episode of WOR where he said that.
Protip: You can't, because you are making shit up.
Now prove me wrong.
>>
Andre the Giant Battle Royal at Mania. First one eliminated.
>>
>>3123364
Damn.. I'd mark for sure
>>
>>3125422
>Damn.. I'd mark for sure
He'd mark for two 50 years olds winning two meaningless titles
cringe
>>
Have him be the New Years Baby again then he shoots himself
>>
Just let him have a series of matches with Rollins and watch nature run its course.
>>
>>3121485
>>3121521
Uhmmm BASED I would enjoy this
>>
Someone should start a petition to send to WWE:
"Make the WM34 main event a career vs title match for the Big Show"
>>
>>3121644
>>3121649
>Fedora posting
>John oliver current year.jpg

Wew lid
>>
>>3121485

This lazy undeserving piece of shit shouldn't get a send off. Just have him lose to Big Cass within a few minutes and send Big Slow on his way.
>>
>>3121485
>>3121521
HE DESERVES IT
CLAP-CLAP-CLAP-CLAP-CLAP
>>
File: 1503956604070.png (264KB, 369x524px) Image search: [Google]
1503956604070.png
264KB, 369x524px
>>3122482
>tfw when Mark Henry gets a better send off than Show
>>
>How to retire the big show:
Big show is giving an emotional speech summing up his career and almost cried. Just then, the whole roster comes to applaud the big show .
"Thank you very much, everyone. I've been grateful to.."
"AND A BROGUE KICK FROM SHEAMUS"
"BIG SHOW IS DOWN"
the whole roster acts surprised but only for mere moments before ..
"OH NO, THE ENTIRE ROSTER HAS GATHERED AROUND BIG SHOW WHAT IS HAPPENING?"
*neutralizer by Cesaro*
*Running powerslam by Braun*
*Attitude adjustment by cena*
*Rko by Orton*
*Knee to the face by Rollins*
*Dirty deeds by Ambrose*
*Swanton bomb by Jeff Hardy*
*Twist of fate by Matt*
*Khallas from Mahal*
*Superkick from Dolph*
*Spear from reigns*
*Phenomenal forearm from an styles*
*Pop up powerbomb by ko*
*Helluva kick from Sami zayn*
*Elbow from the titantron from Shane o mac*
*Kinsasha by Nakamura*
*Sister Abigail by Wyatt*
*Coup de Gracé by balor*
Then suddenly *DONG*
"IT'S THE UNDERTAKER! HE HAS PROBABLY COME TO HELP HIS LONG TIME FR.."
*broken hip tombstone pile-driver*
After few minutes of utter chaos, the music hits
"NO CHANCE.."
"I would like you all to get out of my ring and leave show alone. Show are you alright? Get the medic fast!"
>"Before you go show I just want you to know that YOU'RE FIRED YOU FAT SONUVABITCH
>>
>How to retire big show
He gets the mic and says "Okay" when people chant "PLease retire"
>>
>>3121485
Bring in a new big guy/giant and call him Goliath. Have him kill guys for three months starting in December. Squashes and handicap victories.

Have Show be sole survivor in a traditional 5v5 match at Survivor Series and look strong for a few months.

Leading up to the Rumble have Show make some off-hand snide comments about Goliath.

Book Show strong in the Rumble but have Goliath interfere and eliminate Show despite not being in the match.

Show challenges Goliath one on one at Mania which Goliath accepts privided Show puts his career on the line.

Show accepts and puts Goliath over clean at Mania.

Added wrinkle, have Goliath use the choke slam.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.