[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I used to watch wrestling a lot when I was a kid. The last Wrestlemania

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: ring-of-honor-logo-roh-social-4.jpg (36KB, 600x336px) Image search: [Google]
ring-of-honor-logo-roh-social-4.jpg
36KB, 600x336px
I used to watch wrestling a lot when I was a kid. The last Wrestlemania I remember is 6.

My girlfriend and I just happened to find this on tv one night and now have been watching it for about two years now.

Tell me everything you know about ROH
>>
I highly doubt the plausibility/factuality of this scenario.
Why don't you tell us everything you have learned about ROH in these 2 years.
>>
>>3116193
the young bucks always win by some trickery. castle and cabana split but now are making amends. christopher daniels is pissed at the fans. adam cole left. todd sinclair has no idea what he's doing. jay lethal was out for over a month for some reason.

i don't care if you believe me, i have no reason to lie, i'm just curious about what people know.
>>
The product is a shell of itself since gabe left.
Sinclair buying it just made things worse.
>>
>>3116052
New Japan's bitch, the wrestling promotion

Modern day ROH feels more like a tryout spot for getting a New Japan contract (See, Mike Elgin, Adam Page, Marty Scurll, & hopefully, Dalton Castle soon)
>>
>>3116347
i had a feeling it's a starting out place
>>
>>3116052
the wrestling is way better than the WWE, despite also being corporate-owned
>>
>>3116465
i guess once it gets to a big enough size, it starts to suck

how is the wrestling better? what's your point of view?
>>
>>3116052
I just know that their wrestlers need to slow down and they need to do something about the lighting. Isn't that right Stu? Yeah uhh they need to slowdown so I can uhh stretch them yeah
>>
>>3116525
New Japan is corporate-owned too.
>>
>>3116052
All I know is that it was where Daniel Bryan wrestled before going to WWE.

Let's just say if you were watching around 1990 you will not know whether to laugh or cry at the notion he is a "great wrestler". What you grew up watching is burning down before your eyes because of that little man.

So I've never seen ROH but I can only imagine it's horrific, I can already tell just by reading the names mentioned by you in your 2nd post. I've heard everyone hates the Young Cuckolds.
>>
File: dbd3.jpg (5KB, 141x135px) Image search: [Google]
dbd3.jpg
5KB, 141x135px
>>3116568
u seem upset friendo
>>
>>3116568
>I don't know shit
>but here's my opinion

Doubt you were even toilet-trained in 1990.
>>
RoH is where you work if you're not good enough for Japan.
>>
>>3116568
>hates the Young Cuckolds
it doesn't seem that way while watching it. lots of bullet club shirts
>>
>>3116592
I didn't state my opinion. He asked to tell what you know no matter how much and I did.
>>
>>3116607
Pay no attention to that mark
The Bucks are super over and move tons of merch all over the world.
If you hate them you are worked.
>>
>>3116621
>>3116607
I've heard they're basically the Ziggler of tag teams.
>>
>>3116621
>Pay no attention to that mark
mark?
>The Bucks are super over and move tons of merch all over the world.
i know what over means

>If you hate them you are worked.
worked?

i'm slowly learning the lingo, bear with me
>>
>>3116628
Mark is an old carny term, like a target for a ruse. Someone who will buy into the show/con. In this case, its someone who loves wrestling or a certain wrestler.

Since wrestling is predetermined, it is refered to as a work. If you believe that what you are watching is real or that a wrestler's persona us their real personality, they "worked" you.
>>
>>3116660
ok, thanks. makes sense.

how exactly are they predetermined? what i mean is how do they work how who will win and whatnot? who's gonna get the belt next and stuff like that.
>>
>>3116670
The show has something called a creative team. Most times what's referred to as a booker (because he sets up the matches) or a writing staff that comes up with storylines. Wrestlers get bullet points on what the creative team wants them to say and in wwe's case a whole script with very few people allowed to deviate. The matches themselves, particularly big ppv matches, are choreographed sometimes days in advance, again with very little deviation. The creative team is responsible for who wins as well.
>>
>>3116052
Hard to believe ROH TV is what has gotten you back into wrestling. Their PPVs aren't much better either.
>>
>>3116670
Wrestling shows have writers just like any other tv show. The winners of matches, ideally, will advance the story line, get a wrestler over, or put an already over wrestler in the spot light. Promotions usually have months of stories outlined in advance. It is all about getting people to pay money to watch.
>>
>>3116670
You see the other replies but let me sum up the situation.

When you were watching before, at that time the wrestlers had balls and legitimately would not lose the belt unless they had to.

Now everyone loses to everyone and you can't take them seriously.

I'm not making this up. You had to get "real" to make people lose their belts in 1997. Corrupted business practices have stopped this.
>>
>>3116697
>>3116707
>>3116741
so i'm guessing if they didn't play the part that was written for them, they'd be wrote out correct? with an "injury" or whatever.

also, how is kayfabe pronounced?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.