[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, I see this guy everywhere on this board, and apparently hes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (70KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
70KB, 1280x720px
So, I see this guy everywhere on this board, and apparently hes a big deal? Is he any good or is he just a meme? What are some of his best matches that would introduce me to his work
>>
>>3111829
he's a a really good wrestler but overrated because meltz has a hard on for him, also his "comedy" stuff sucks and hurts his character
>>
>>3111829
In the ring, very much so. Very very good.
Character is literally Anime McCringe however
>>
>>3111829
This year's trilogy with Tomohiro Ishii, starts in New Japan Cup, second match is during Sakura Genesis, ends during G1 Special in US.
Go watch it. It is awesome.
>>
File: fedora neckbeard..png (302KB, 479x455px) Image search: [Google]
fedora neckbeard..png
302KB, 479x455px
>>3111841
"Kenny Omega has an anime cringe character, AJ Styles is better cause he has no character at all"
>>
>>3111840
>>3111841
>>3111844
Where can I see these matches? Theyre not on youtube
>>
>>3111844
Second match is at Wrestling Dontaku
>>
>>3111856
nvm found it on dailymotion
>>
>>3111829
He is beloved by many in the IWC because he is literally a self insertion fanfic. When he was living in Canada he was a weeb who watched some japanese indy wrestling (DDT), fell in love with Kota Ibushi and moved to Japan to follow his dreams. Ended up training really hard and learning to speak fluent japanese, got to bang his idol, and ended up in the biggest japanese wrestling promotion, now is one of their top 3 guys. Kenny is what every one of these weebs wants to be.
>>
>>3111859
You are correct, I was mistaken, sorry.
>>3111856
http://watchwrestling.uno/watch-njpw-new-japan-cup-2017-31217/
http://educadegree.com/cgi-bin/DProtect.php?File=x5koxb9
http://watchwrestling.uno/watch-njpw-g1-special-usa-2017-7217/
here you go.
>>
>>3111865
Come back after the first match and tell me how you like it. Make your own opinion.
I will tell you the story behind these matches.
>>
>>3111873
sure. but which one was the first match? Donzaku?
>>
>>3111910
New Japan Cup.
It is the first link in my post.
>>
>>3111930
so whats the story?
>>
>>3111983
Tomohiro Ishii stole Omegas kayfabe wife, then Omega dug up Ishiis' dead father, so Ishii killed his kayfabe wife, then they had an arm wrestling match.
>>
>>3111989
Sounds Based
>>
>>3111829
Watch Omega vs Okada at Wrestle Kingdom XI
>>
>>3111989
I want this to be true so badly.
>>
>>3111847
>AJ Styles is better cause he has no character at all

Here's been with wwe for about a year and a half now right? I wanted to really give him a chance to like him, because the internet says he's good. But the only thing he's done to get me to cheer for him is fight Roman. From what I've seen of him so far, no thank you I don't want none.
>>
>>3111983
Have you seen it? What do you think about the guy now? Made your own opinion? I know matches are better with some backstories so I am willing to type out story for this series, but I don't want to waste my time on someone baiting me. If you are genuinly interested I can do it.
>>
>>3112012
>Here's been with wwe for about a year and a half now right? I wanted to really give him a chance to like him, because the internet says he's good. But the only thing he's done to get me to cheer for him is fight Roman. From what I've seen of him so far, no thank you I don't want none.

AJ was only good in his feuds with Cena and the subsequent couple of months where he was wearing Cena's headband and rubbing the whole "face that runs the place" in. In typical WWE fashion, they gave him a silly angle with Ellsworth and Deanetty that KILLED AJ's momentum and then sent him back to the midcard.

WWE dont know how to use top-tier talent that grew in other promotions, or they deliberately de-push them every chance they get.
>>
>>3112016
yeah i saw the whole match. It was better than WWE matches to say the least, better ring psychology and spots and the match flowed well
>>
>>3112031
OK good.
So the story starts in early 2016 with Kenny kicking AJ Styles out of Bullet Club. That was his last act as Junior Heavyweight (Cruiserweight), he moves to HW division. His first big time feud is Tanahashi (Ace of NJPW before, still one of the biggest stars, think Cena) for IC title.
Now don't think IC title as bad think, that title has to sold a LOT of tickets, cause sometimes it main events shows and not bumbfuck nowhere shows, but bigger ones. Not the biggest, but respectable.
Matches with Tana were fine, Tana injured himself, so Kenny went to ladder match with Tana's second Mike Elgin, awesome match, if you want go watch it, really greta match.
Then comes G1, that's basically Royal Rumble, but not one match, but several weeks of intense tournament style matches of two blocks that culminates in one of the bigger shows (10k people arena) of the year. The guy who wins main events NJPW WrestleKingdom (that's why I compared it to Royal Rumble, if you win you get a contract to WK main event).
You have to defend it.
Kenny won, it was a big deal. He got to the main event of WK and had his first time match in main event of WK against current Ace, Kazuchika Okada.
>>
>>3112062
>>3112031
Okada is one of this generation's best wrestlers, he is just 30 and already has awesome matches out. So people were expecting good things. But we were blown away. It was awesome. Ridiculous they never wrestled 1v1 before.
But Kenny lost and now starts the interesting part.
>>
>>3112031
>>3112062
>>3112072
He started things on twitter about going to WWE and also WWE contracted wrestlers were mentioning him on social media, Cena put picture of Megaman on his instagram and Meltzer was played like a fiddle by Kenny. he was saying how Kenny is going, he will be in Royal Rumble, so on. Kenny's match, his name stayed on people's mind, great job Kenny!
But he stayed (hahaha, he was never leaving) in NJPW and there was this, much shorter tournament, New Japan Cup. Whoever wins tournament can challenge for any title he chooses. So Kenny went into it with intent to win it.
But as he himself put it, he wasn't himself, he was doubting himself, he wasn't all the way there. So Ishii, who is basically Okada's second, his power level is just, just hair away from the champion and he is last guardian leading to the final boss chamber beats Omega in great upset.
It all leads to Shibata winning the Cup and challenging for Okada's title. That was my 4th favorite match of the year, you can put that on your watchlist as well, it's great.
But in the meantime... Kenny needs to beat Ishii to prove he hasn't lost it all. he has to fight him tooth and nail. To still be able to open that last gate leading towards the title.
So on other show there is a match between Kenny and Ishii... and I don¨t want to spoil it. maybe watch the second one?
>>
>>3112084
>>3112072
>>3112062
Aaaand as everyone can see I suck at English, sorry folks for typos and bad grammar. Think my ass, fucking hell. Fuuuuck
>>
>>3112084
Thanks for the long explanation, ill watch the second one now
>>
And by the way. Their match from New japan Cup 2017 was their first ever match 1v1 together as well. How fucking good they are?
>>
>>3111869
>watchwrestling.uno
mah nigga
based uno working the other watchwrestling
>>
>>3112084
Your second link is broken, friend
>>
>>3112104
http://educadegree.com/cgi-bin/DProtect.php?File=x5kp1n7
go to 22:00 mark
>>
>>3112127
And I will start typing now. I need to go to sleep, tomorow is early morning for me.
>>
>>3112134
So after Kenny beats Ishii in their second ever match, he beats him using One Winged Angel. His finisher, that he hits only for the second time this year in that match or maybe even for the first time (after G1 I don't remember anymore, too many matches, they all float together).
This means he can win a match against Okada now. Because reason why he hasn't win against Okada was - he couldn't hit it. If you've seen both matches you've seen how many ways people have to reverse it, to escape and so on. It is a great finisher in that it requires a lot of setup and possibility of fucking it up. But if he hits it, you stay down. You are dead. It is established that nobody kicks out of that. Nobody. And now... Kenny can go challenge Okada again. BUT!
Okada is faster then Kenny. He has a match after this one against Bad Luck Fale. And Fale is the same guy for Kenny, as Ishii is for Okada. His second. His right hand of the faction, his guardian. But Fale is NJPW's only real big man, who wrestles big man style. And he has deadly fisniher as well, Bad Luck Fall. Even if Fale is not main eventer, if he hits it on main eventer, that guy stays dead.
So both Ishii and Fale can beat their respective opponents, but they don't.
>>
>>3112134
>>3112241
But before Kenny can challenge Okada, champ strikes first. He sees Kenny helping Fale on the ringside and calls him out. His character is super sure Ace, who has to challenge himself with harder and harder opponents and Kenny is his hardest opponent so far.
Kenny said after that challenge on social media and to press after the show, he thinks it's too soon, but match was signed for the second biggest show (10k+ people) Dominion.
Go watch this match. I really don't want to spoil this one.
Regardless of the outcome of this match Kenny and Ishii meet for the third time during G1 Specials in US. There is a reason they meet and bussines one is to have this fucking awesome match, that was talk of the fandom in states during their first time there. And in there their story ends so far. Or rather is on pause until Gedo needs to go back to it.
>>
And now I am tired. Any questions? I really need to get my sleep.
>>
File: stop nigga.gif (1005KB, 351x263px) Image search: [Google]
stop nigga.gif
1005KB, 351x263px
>>3112241
>>3112258
stop typing so much.
>>
>>3111829
His match with Naito at last year's G1 Climax is my favorite match of the last decade. I liked it more than any of his trilogy with Okada.
>>
>>3112268
I KNOW, I AM A FILTHY MARK.
>>
>>3111867
So much this, smarks are killing wrestling. Bryan garcia's fanboys started this shit back in 2014
>>
>>3111867

He also gets to do all sorts of chuuni cringe shit and name his moves after video games yet people still love him for it and ladies squee for him.

Motherfucker would be the worst self-insert mary sue if this were a story.
>>
>>3111867
Isn't that what a wrestler is supposed to be? Someone larger than life and wish you could be? At least that's what old fags keep bitching about.
>>
>>3112659
He's not a Mary Sue though because he loses.
Okada would be the Mary Sue
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.