[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>his gimmick is that he botches 10 times a match, but it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: Sabu-wrestler-b.jpg (84KB, 500x683px) Image search: [Google]
Sabu-wrestler-b.jpg
84KB, 500x683px
>his gimmick is that he botches 10 times a match, but it's OK that he botches because he's homicidal, suicidal, genocidal

This was such a based gimmick. I never once gave a shit when Sabu botched a spot, because it perfectly worked with his character
>>
>>3102589
>genocidal

what made him so?
>>
>>3102589
Fans who complain about botches are the biggest bunch of fucking geeks. When matches too clean, they just look completely choreographed and non-competitive. Sabu's matches were so incredibly intriguing though and the best description I've ever heard of him was "the worst great wrestler." His matches were must-see for a while and you could pretty much line him up against any other wrestler in the world and create a compelling matchup.
>>
>>3102589
I feel like Necro Butcher is another example of this.
>>
>>3102636
right exactly. If we're supposed to pretend it's a real sport, like we are, then a botched spot is the equivalent of a missed shot or a dropped pass or striking out. Things that are perfectly normal in the course of any sporting event. "I can't watch MMA because sometimes the punches miss, durrrrrr"

The one exception are botches that show that the opponents are clearly working together. But Sabu's were just him fucking up the distance or timing or something, which definitely would happen in a "real match."
>>
>>3102660
Exactly. I have no idea why these people want wrestling to be a fight scene in a movie. There should be struggle and missed moves. It shouldn't be clean and pretty all the time.
>>
>>3102589
Sabu just had an aura about him that no other wrestler ever had.

I remember telling buddies about ECW back when the Monday Night Wars were happening, but it wasn't televised at our college, so it's like I was making up this magical wrestling world of sex and violence.

Then ECW came to town and they saw a show without me (I think I was out of town). Anyway, all they could talk about after that was how much better Sabu was then Hogan, Austin, etc.

Apparently, Sabu pushed my buddy out of his chair and used it to springboard onto New Jack. And that's all it took.
>>
File: New_Jack_2_GD.png (481KB, 574x707px) Image search: [Google]
New_Jack_2_GD.png
481KB, 574x707px
His gimmick is that he could literally snap at any moment and legit try to kill you
>>
>>3102589
I never once gave a shit when anybody botched ever because I'm not a pathetic mark.
>>
>>3102650
doesn't he just lay in a pool of his own blood and staple himself?
>>
>>3103143
That wasn't a gimmick
>>
>>3103143
If you were a beta cuck sure

If this manlet legit tried to kill me I'd fucking break every single bone of his body
>>
>>3102606
Clearly he was actually Turkish
>>
>>3103143
New Jack was fucking incredible back then. His SMW stuff is pretty underrated and it's a shame he's such a lunatic because he could've been bigger.
>>
>>3103159
Not at all, also I don't think he ever used a stapler on himself. Necros' matches with Samoa Joe and Toby Klein are wrestle kino, also whatever match Homicide calls for the fans to throw there chairs at Necro in the ring is a godamn spectacle.
>>
How is it a botch if it's intentional? Doesn't make sense famalamadingdong
>>
>>3103358
huh? it's not intentionally. he botched spots all the time
>>
File: 1474968461139.gif (238KB, 500x252px) Image search: [Google]
1474968461139.gif
238KB, 500x252px
>>3102589
>tears bicep open and tapes it closed in his barbed wire match with terry funk
>assume it's a work and think nothing of it since it is too crazy to be real
>turned out to be real
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.