[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I really want to get into NJPW because WWE has been extra shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0962.png (76KB, 286x286px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0962.png
76KB, 286x286px
I really want to get into NJPW because WWE has been extra shit lately. When is their next big event?
>>
/wew/ shill please leave
>>
Destruction tour starts next weekend

>Elgin vs. Suzuki
>GoD vs. KES vs. War Machine
>ZSJ vs. Tanahashi
>Juice vs. Omega

...are its big title matches.

>>3101035
beat it Bretkuk
>>
Wait, so they don't have a RAW-esque show, for talking segments, confrontations, plot device matches with screwy finishes, and general shenanigans for storytelling/intrigue?

How the fuck does it work then? How do stories and rivalries develop? As much as the match quality far surpasses E shit, doesn't watching nothign but matches every night with no 'entertainment' segments get kind of boring? The best periods of WWF and WCW were all about story.
>>
>>3101113
literally the entire Road to Destruction tour and Destruction shows themselves had their storylines established during the G1. If you didn't watch any of the G1, or at least the Finale, then you might think these are just matches without any kind of "entertainment segments" or "buildup".

The same will happen through the Road to Destruction tour: the feuds heat up leading to the Destruction shows where they'll have the big title defenses.
>>
>>3101039
thanks bro
>>
>>3101113
Most of the stories are in ring and told during a match and NJPW is presented as a sports event, not a TV show.
>>
>>3101039
also taguchi japan vs suzuki gun for the junior tag titles

>>3101113
if you want segments with the great khali doing a dance off with ranjin singh or a celebrity youve never heard of, then fuck off back you e drone
>>
>>3101168

Just to expand:

The big promos happen like right after the match either the winner starts calling people out, or somebody comes in and starts talking shit. The other development is usually backstage segments etc... During G1 everyone did promos after their matches, not just match building, but also just talking about themselves or whatever to develop character or progress things. Actually feels a lot deeper than WWE because you feel like you know literally everybody and everything that is going on, and nobody is just 'the random wacky jobber' or the 'underdog' they are actual people with personalities. Even the Indie-shitters they have on sometimes look good in the promos because NJPW just seems to encourage them then let them say literally whatever the fuck they want, so they have freedom but aren't pandering to a crowd so they actually say decent things.

But I understand Japanese and English so I have no idea what it is like for you if you have subs or not but there are many English promos.
>>
>>3101181
They are transcribing that promos on their English website, so you can go read it up, what Japanese dudes said.
>>
>>3101127
>>3101181
>Actually biting the E-Drone bait and typing a wall of explanation
>>
>>3101181
>juices promos during the g1
BALLS DEEP
>>
>>3101184

That's good, even if you lose a bit of context, like the sick promos between Okada and Naito; Naito says Asennayo, like don't rush it, and Okada went off on him then hit him with 'bibinnayo' like don't be afraid, hard to explain in English as both words are kind of slang as well, but it was a cool line.

>>3101188

I am aware threads like this are made everyday but this one seems kind of like a real question and what I typed took two seconds, plus anybody can read it if they want info. I see a lot of people who like wrestling but never watched NJPW, even people who claim to like it or hate it but never actually watched it.
>>
>>3101172
>Taguichi Japan vs. Suzuki-gun B-squad Juniors

I didn't forget that match anon
>>
>>3101026

My suggestion is you have two ideal choices.

1 -
Watch Wrestle Kingdom 11 (NJPW'S version of the latest WM) online in English commentary. Just Google it. I got into NJPW by watching Wrestle Kingdom 9 myself only because it was when that terrible Reigns/Sheamus feud was going on a couple years ago. I was listening to an old Austin podcast episode with JR one night and he mentioned he was commentating. So knowing that I thought "Fuck it, it'll probably be boring weaboo Indy floppy shit so I'll likely stop after like 3 matches" I never did... Fucking quality shit.

2-
Wait until January 4th 2018 and watch Wrestle Kingdom 12.

The reason I say start with Wrestle Kingdom is because NJPW knows the majority of English speaking fans will primarily be watching those shows thus the English commentators will explain the feuds, characters, titles, moves etc. I know any English commentary show does but Wrestle Kingdom more so making it better for beginners.

There's shows next weekend but I would recommend starting with either Wrestle Kingdom 9, 10 or 11 because they're in Engrish. Just my opinion.
>>
>>3101190
TIME TO DRINK SOME SAPPOROS AND GO BALLS DEEP ON SOME BEAUTIFUL N I H O N J I N VAGINA
>>
File: 1503528390747.gif (4MB, 480x244px) Image search: [Google]
1503528390747.gif
4MB, 480x244px
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.