[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why can't pro wrestlers fight in this style? seems safe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

Why can't pro wrestlers fight in this style? seems safer than that high flying bull shit if they just hit a little bit but not much softer... this shit actually looks real.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDZ_BXVlWcM
>>
It's boring for today's audience
>>
>>3082162
i mean these guys are doing actual street fights, but in wwe they could mimic it and dress it up as needed when needed.
>>
Because they can get something real. This would only make it look even worse.
>>
>>3082175
>something real
A grown man yelling ARRRAAOOOOOO and spamming shitty looking superman punches does not real.
>>
>>3082243
He's referring to UFC
>>
>>3082243
are you retarded, nigga?
>>
>>3082151
Pancrase was an actual shoot with probably a couple of works
>>
File: cornetty.jpg (25KB, 799x626px) Image search: [Google]
cornetty.jpg
25KB, 799x626px
>>3082566
>probably
>>
>>3082577
Update it was Japan there were numerous works in shoot promotions
>>
>>3082151
so like uwf/uwfi?
>>
File: Suzuki Pancrease.gif (3MB, 364x238px) Image search: [Google]
Suzuki Pancrease.gif
3MB, 364x238px
Best boy!
>>
https://youtu.be/o9oJ4IQXFT4?t=7m32s
>>
>>3082635
>almost 50
>can still go
shoot-style definitely seems a lot safer in the long term
>>
>>3082151
Why not just watch real MMA?

This shit is a joke.
>>
>>3082635
It's a real shame that Suzuki and Funaki got their bodies broken from their days in UWF and especially Pancrase. Suzuki was a monster on the ground, he's probably one of the most technical submission wizards in the world. If he was only 4-5 inches taller and had better striking, he would've been unstoppable.
>>
>>3082151
You see this is what Japanese pro-wrestling should've been like in the 1950's. Guys who can do open palm strikes to the head, clinching with knees to the body and head, can punch and elbow to the body, do kicks and sweeps alongside the stand-up grappling and groundfighting. Basically a mix of everything I think is great from Knockdown Karate, Sumo, Muay Thai, Savate, Pancrase, Shoot, and Pride.
>>
>>3083244
I forgot about bare-knuckle boxing. Not many people realize that pre-Queensbury fighters had a very unique style of combat that involved elbows for defense, slaps to the head (because punches would break your hand), throws, strangleholds in upright position, kicks, and other nifty tricks.
>>
>>3082151
UFC is struggling to maintain a loyal viewership and they are 100% real.
>>
>>3083257
I kinda miss the early days of the UFC when they had Style vs Style. I love MMA as it is now, but seeing different forms of combat against one another with little rules made things interesting.
>>
>>3082151
I will tell you why.

Scared of it plus they don't teach it unless you go to Uwfi snake pit.
>>
>>3083269
If they could find a way to organize an amateur fighting promotion where they only have 1 discipline McDojo guys, (this guy is a sumo wrestler, this guy knows ninjutsu, krav maga instructor) it would be way more entertaining for sure.
>>
>>3083315
As much as I didn't really care for some of those worthless styles you can't deny how ballsy the early UFC participants were for stepping in and getting potentially injured. Only Brazilians thanks to Vale Tudo, the Russians via Combat Sombo, and Japanese via Shooto knew the importance of having people equally versed in Striking and Groundfighting application. Everyone else was still stuck in their one-art is supreme mode. Even today, a pure BJJ fighter would get curb-stomped if they don't have knowledge of checking low kicks, how to deal with sprawl and brawl fighters, guys with dirty boxing or Muay Thai clinchin.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.