[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody else think he clearly won that promo "battle"?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 6

Anybody else think he clearly won that promo "battle"? Cena went off script (sign of weakness) and did his usual smiley shouting stuff. Only thing missing was stuff about America. Reigns kept his cool and stayed professional despite Cena trying to throw him off, plus he got the biggest pops of the night when he called Cena a bitch. Also Cena disrespected the Undertaker to put himself over. Pathetic imo.
>>
>>3080013
Hey Joseph!
>>
His voice was LITERALLY shaking, he had to call Cena a bitch TWICE and still lost
>>
>>3080013
Shuffle on out of here, Roman.
>>
>>3080020
the point of a promo is to sell a match. If you want to see this match, then HE WON
>>
Everyone went off script back in the day that's why the promos were so much better because they actually had to think of something to say immediately rather than some micromanaged piece of shit.

If the small pupper can't do that then he's an absolute shitter and not a top tier sports entertainer.

Based Cena put him in his place.
>>
>>3080045
lmao wonder if you'll still be saying that when No Mercy breaks all records
>>
Roman clearly won, Cena just pandered to smarks again and even /asp/ ate it up

I think we can start removing Cena from the Mt. Rushmore of wrestling, the Big Dog is already ready to move in.
>>
>>3080013
>Going off script is a sign of weakness

I knew romarks were delusional, but not THAT delusional.
>>
>>3080061
but cena isn't at the level of hogan, stone cold, the rock or ric flair. and roman isn't even close to the level of cena. fuck off moron
>>
File: 1449258829903.jpg (59KB, 395x401px) Image search: [Google]
1449258829903.jpg
59KB, 395x401px
>>3080064
>ric flair
>>
>>3080063
it's unprofessional, and a cheap way of getting the upper hand on your opponent when you know you can't beat them fairly. Plus it only panders to smarks. Casual fans have no idea what's going on. They just hear some roid head sperg out, talking about stuff unrelated to the storyline. It damages the product just to stroke someone's fragile ego.
>>
>>3080072
its unprofessional to have a script in the first place. back when it was PROFESSIONAL wrestling they didnt have scripted promos and the product was better for it
>>
>>3080013
Cena always goes off-script and starts shooting 4th wall shit.

>YOU'RE JUST A PART TIMER JOHN
>AND A FAKE ASS CORPORATE BITCH
>YOU DONE?
>YOU FINISHED
>FINE SPEECH
>[shoots and breaks kayfabe for 5 minutes]
>>
>>3080061
>muh US title
>muh Kevin Owens and AJ Styles
(lol

Trying to pander to smarks so hard

Roman should have brought up Rusev, Zack Daddy and Corbin

The Nexus or that one flippy manlet he actually buried just because
>>
>>3080139
this
cena's promo was nonsense, none of it was true, you'd have to be a pinhead of the lowest order to think it was any good
>>
>>3080139
Damn I wonder how mad Cena would've got and he couldn't complain later on since he started the off script promo.
>>
>>3080013
Roman forgot his line, Cena destroyed him, it was kinda of a douche move if he really went off script but casuals don't care they just think RR got BTFO.
>>
>>3080013
Cena the fat failed Olympia can't recover after Conor shat on him so now he's sperging out like an obese smark
>>
>>3080266
this
>>
>going off script is a sign of weakness

The Attitude Era was a sign of weakness?
>>
>Forgets his lines
>Flubs his lines
>Resorts to swearing for a cheap pop
>Does it more than once
>Calls Cena out for the exact same problems he has, making himself look like a massive hypocrite
>Gets completely castrated on live TV
>Romanetty marks think he """won"""
Lmao how does it feel to be so wrong?
>>
>>3080269
Yes, it had ugly men.
>>
>>3080269
Hey, you there? It's 2010+7, time to wake up
There's no Attitude Era anymore
>>
File: 1460054860090.gif (1MB, 280x210px) Image search: [Google]
1460054860090.gif
1MB, 280x210px
>>3080269
>Someone gives you a script to a play.
>You manage to remmember and say your lines.
>Other person blows them off and talks about unrelated shit.
It's ok guys it's called improvision he's just not a good actor, kys.
>>
>cena le won xD
fucking marks, they aren't competing, they're working together to sell a match

everyone is talking about this so as usual, Roman and John won
>>
>>3080038
b-but i really don't
>>
>>3080013
>plus he got the biggest pops of the night when he called Cena a bitch
Relying on a pre-approved swear word to pop the crowd in a PG show is pretty pathetic, tbqh
>>
>>3080339
watching you run around the boar desperately trying to damage control and gaslight people like thi is hilarious.
Your brain is literally broken from the sight of seeing Cena bury your cringy self insert action hero role model.
You are literally in tears trying to defend the guy online. You are the exact same as every Tumblr hambeast posting "LEAVE ROMAN ALONE HE DID NOT GET EXPOSED CENA IS UNPROFESSIONAL"
>>
Reigns definitely won.

You could visibly see how worked Cena was.

Regins was working and Cena was working... himself into a shoot.

Motherfucker had veins popping out of his head.
>>
>>3080361
>RIGHT HERE IN [insert city name]
*thumbs up*
>>
>>3080361

no wouldn't want to pop the crowd now would you.
>>
>>3080061
This desu.
>>
>>3080373
None of us care that much about any of this you underage dumbass.
>>
>>3080388
>Needing to cuss to get a reaction
>>
>>3080061
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaslighting
>>
>>3080013
I agree, he fucking owned John cena, then cena got all bitter and started hitting below the belt.
>>
>>3080469
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaslighting
>>
>>3080013
BASED
>>
>>3080373
>having a literal autistic meltdown over a promo battle

lol
>>
>>3080449
>>3080499
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YaSeethin
>>
>>3080382
Cena is like that all the time bro
>>
>>3080220
Cena has complete control over his verbiage

Roman is basically 2005 Cena who is on the writer's leash
>>
>>3080754
>"le writers" scripted Reigns to look inferior

No, they didn't: he's JUST a talentless shitter
>>
BASED BIG DOG OOO-AAHHH
>>
>>3080013
Hi Vince.

Also.....Fuck no!
Cena completely slaughtered him.
>>
>>3080840
Not gonna disagree that Cena's clearly leagues ahead of Roman, who has difficulties speaking, but writers are obviously a huge part of it.
People use muh writers to excuse their favourites getting shit material. In 2015, muh writers was the most prevalent excuse imaginable when Seth was physically dragging ratings down weekly with his utter shit promos. Was it the writers giving him 20 minutes of rope to hang himself with? Yes. Was it Seth having the charisma of a tree stump? Yes.
It's a little of both. Cena's always scripted to get the last word and the better material, but he could also deliver dog shit better than Reigns could deliver diamonds.
>>
>>3080857
Reigns has 0 ability to improv, 'member THIS AIN'T BORING THIS IS REAL LIFE?
>>
>implying it matters who we think that won

What matters is that most casuals think Cena won, specially since roman forgot his lines, and even if that was a work it made him look bad
>>
File: tumblr_nbsidxTYfP1si9kpgo4_250.gif (1MB, 245x200px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nbsidxTYfP1si9kpgo4_250.gif
1MB, 245x200px
Why does /asp/ keep putting all their chips down on the wrong guy?
>>
>>3080906
They edited it out from the Youtube upload
>>
>>3080915
Nobody actually liked Corbin
>>
>>3080013
Roman got exposed big time. He froze up (just like he did 2 years ago on NXT PPV and other times) and had to resort to calling Cena a bitch to get a reaction.

His follow-up spiel was OK but Cena finished him off with the "I'm better at this part-time then you are full-time" because the truth hurts.
>>
>>3080013
>Anybody else think he clearly won that promo "battle"?

Only a dribbling, mouth-breathing retard would think Roman did anything other than get comprehensively BTFO.

Therefore I estimate 95% of /asp/ agree with you.
>>
>>3080013
Meltzer on WOR confirmed the entire segment was scripted and came off as intended. Although he doesn't know what they were trying to achieve.
>>
>cena got "butthurt" at what reigns said and resorted to going off script
>literally everybody has said the exact same thing for YEARS
>lol roman btfo'd cena xD

How stupid are these romarks?
>>
OOO-AHHHH
>>
>>3081780
dork
>>
>>3081102
He's just speculating again, but yeah there's almost no way that the things mentioned weren't outlined beforehand. Beyond that they are setting roman up to be the underdog and overcome "the haters".
>>
>>3081102
Meltzer also said that Roman forgot his line and John was shooting at him for it.
>>
>>3080013

>dindu nuffin

Reigns is a faggot and got BTFO by a GOAT, deal with it.
>>
>>3080072

Talking is literally the profession. Romans remarks were not a kayfabe build they were a pseudo shoot insulting Cena as a performer.

Cena actually still made the line flub better for Roman since Roman standing there in silence like an idiot is the WORST thing that can happen.

Cena didn't even fully shoot on Roman, he still took it easy and made it kayfabe with the while signing the contract bullshit.

If you can't defend yourself from an insult you aren't a man and definetely not material for being the main guy running a show.

Roman's lines were just plain stupid as Cena was full-time and worked way harder for way longer than Roman, and Roman also does Talk Shows, they just don't want him on as many, and Cena can't wrestle fulltime until he dies, he has to slow down at some point, plus the publicity from talk shows and being in shows or movies is much better for WWE than being a no-draw shitter like Roman on RaW which nobody is watching anymore. On top of that, Roman already made many more people.look bad with his constant meaningless wins, AND if Roman is working so hard as the guy why hasnt he worked the mic for more than ten seconds for the past two months outside of this promo? Because Vince is scared of him looking like an idiot.

>>3081102

Do you honestly believe Roman forgetting what to say was intended, and the whole thing was scripted as in Cena memorized ten minutes of dialogue before the show and recited it?

Roman got blown out and was literally shaking. Those sad enough to be fans of his current career need to accept it and hope he does a good job of reciting whatever Vince gives him next week, hopefully a better script.
>>
>>3082181
>thinks he knows more than meltz
heh cute
>>
Based big dog working cena into a shoot
>>
>>3080061
>He said bitch TWICE
Roman clearly won
>>
anyone else cringe hard when roman forgot his lines?
>>
>>3080269
No script just bullet points is not equal to going off script anon.
>>
>>3082191
>Ok Roman, we're going to have you say "shuffle" instead of shovel and then you're going to stumble over your words. Cool?
>>
>>3080373
calm down faggot
>>
>>3082303
stay worked
>>
File: 1457668442055.gif (731KB, 212x174px) Image search: [Google]
1457668442055.gif
731KB, 212x174px
>>3080013
He clearly didn't win, if you think he did you're literally braindead. He forgot his lines, stuttered for a quarter of the promo, had to resort to swearing, and pretty much cut the same John Cena promo that everyone cuts. However, he also wasn't as terrible as everyone is saying. It was easily the best promo of his career, even with the cringe inducing moments. It just seemed worse than it was because Cena was on fire and fucking burying him the entire time.
>>
Why the fuck are there tons of typical boring smark Roman haters here now?

Fuck back off to the shitty hive mind wrestling boards and podcasts.
>>
Literally no one thinks this.
Reigns simply got flustered and exposed then cut the same shoot burial promo AJ styles already did like a year ago.

The fact is that Cena is simply REALLY FUCKING GOOD on the mic and people forget this fact despite Cena being able to get The fucking ROCK flustered. Cena was bound to eat Reigns alive
>>
>>3082619
This senpai
>>
File: IMG_2244.png (4MB, 2208x1242px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2244.png
4MB, 2208x1242px
>>3080013
>>
>>3082630
they all came from wooo and reddit during Paige leaks. We need to find a way to scare em off.
>>
>>3082651
>Cena being able to get The fucking ROCK flustered
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha/
No.
>>
>>3082630
I hate to break it to you, but this is a hive mind board m8. Ding dong diddly played yourself.
>>
>>3082679
>namefag
lmao

>>3082673
this
>>
>>3082682
I'll replace all your meat with Celery, fuck off
>>
>>3082630
you can only sarcastically cheer for a shit wrestler for so long before he becomes too shitty to cheer for even sarcastically. the novelty of how ass assassinated he made smarks has worn off and now its hard to like him even in a contrarian way
>>
>>3082719
Your home isn't even yours because you live in your mothers basement
>>
>>3082303
Seriously.
Anyone thinking this level of deeply thought out pre-planning and instruction went into this, you are giving WWE WAY too much credit.
It's real sad tinfoil hat shit.
>>
>>3082724
Lol nice one, I'll leave my mom's basement when you cut a promo that hasn't already been done 30 years ago. While you're at it work on your poetry because Frankly, Mr Shankly you're ding dong diddly cringe.
>>
>>3082682
nice spacing, friendo
>>
>>3082743
>admitting you're in your mothers basement
LOL
>>
>>3082723
ironically you actually are a newfag if you think romarks on /asp/ are serious
>>
>>3082749
>Actually believing a very clear tongue I'm cheek statement

I don't even have words for you anon, you're beyond hope. At least I know I'm not the only unlovable person on thus board.
>>
>>3082765
The only cheek ya have ya tongue in are ya dads butt cheeks
>>
>>3082759
actual romarks like roman and point out his flaws and don't need to ride the same tired anti-roman shit
>>
>>3081065
That line doesn't even make any sense. No shit a fifteen-year veteran who works a less strenuous schedule, takes more frequent breaks and so appears "fresh", and gets the shit hyped out of him every time he "returns" is going to be better than a guy who's only been doing this for five years and who has to work an insanely-demanding schedule six or seven days a week without any breaks. That's common sense.
>>
>>3082769
Worked, keep practicing that poetry anon
>>
>>3082181
>GOODBYE FOURTH WALL XDDD
>made it kayfabe
Pick ONE (1).
>>
BIG ASS SHUFFLE
>>
roman is going to go over cena clean
>>
THE TITANIC TERRIER UTTERLY WORKED
>>
>>3080013
i can't find the fucking video, link pls?
>>
>>3080064
Dude, from a drawing point he surpassed Ric Flair. Flair could only draw in the south and was never truly mainstream
>>
>>3080064
Dude, from a drawing point he surpassed Ric Flair. Flair could only draw in the south and was never truly mainstream
>>
>>3082619
>the best promo of his career

And it was still shit
>>
>>3084790
this is a new low for contrarian smarks
>>
>>3080121
Roman lost but I swear john uses this to cheat at promos. Just takes advantage of everyone's lower position in the company.
>lol you're a midcarder
>you are just saying the same thing everybody else says (because you have a script)

When is the last time he cut a good promo that stayed kayfabe?
>>
>>3085943
>shading Flair
>praising Cena

Despite what (You) clearly believe smark does not mean "person with opinions besides mine"
>>
>>3080269
You mean when there wasn't a script?
>>
>>3085972
Cena's auto-win card is bringing up sick kids like he did against Styles & Owens.

Notice that he didn't need to do it against Reignssidy
>>
>>3082785
>still worked into believing that wwe wrestlers have matches 7 days a week and work 300 days a year
could you be any more of a fucking mark?
>>
>>3086096
I don't know... COULD YOU? lmao btfo
Thread posts: 107
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.