[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come there aren't any real heels anymore? If you're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

File: dazglzrxoaet-in-1495424650-800.jpg (46KB, 800x406px) Image search: [Google]
dazglzrxoaet-in-1495424650-800.jpg
46KB, 800x406px
How come there aren't any real heels anymore? If you're a heel you shouldn't be doing cool or flashy moves. Only way to be a heel now is to wrestle in a way that doesn't appeal to fans or you shit on their indy darlings. Jinder is probably the best heel right now and best we've had for a while.
>>
>regurgitated shit I heard on a shoot interview or some mark podcast that I think makes me sound smart
yawn
>>
A heel isn't supposed to be hated because he is fucking shit at being a wrestler, a heel is supposed to be hated because he makes people mad in his promo or with his in-ring mannerism you fucking mark
>>
>>3063340
Because obese smarks killed kayfabe and cheer heels.
>>
File: 1502075598094.jpg (122KB, 602x655px) Image search: [Google]
1502075598094.jpg
122KB, 602x655px
>>3063340
>"You people are xenophobic and don't like me because I'm from another country."

>Fans proceed to cheer Nakamura, a guy from another country.

This is why he sucks.
>>
>>3063347
Vince McMahon killed kayfabe actually.
>>
The real reason heels get cheered is because Vinny Mac can no longer book a compelling babyface.

The last over face he had was Bryan but he did everything possible to stifle him.
>>
>>3063340
Because the smark cheer the heels and boo the faces, no matter what.

The only reason they boo Jinder is because he is actual shit. He could be face and they would boo him all the same.
>>
File: giggle chancellor.jpg (318KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
giggle chancellor.jpg
318KB, 1000x600px
>>3063345
>A heel isn't supposed to be hated because he is fucking shit at being a wrestler, a heel is supposed to be hated because he makes people mad in his promo or with his in-ring mannerism you fucking mark

t. pompous, obese, seething slob who thinks he gets "the business" in spite of the fact that he would die of a heart attack if he tried to jog for longer than 6 seconds.
>>
>>3063340
Neville is far and away the best heel in WWE. Jinder is a joke.
>>
>>3063356
>Because the smark cheer the heels and boo the faces, no matter what.
Why did Okada get cheered and Cody get booed at the New Japan US show then?
>>
>>3063354
The access to spoilers and dirt sheets being readily available on the internet killed kayfabe.
Vince just tried to monetize it's death with "reality" shows now.
>>
>>3063353
That's the gimmick man. He's a whiny SJW who is an asshole that doesn't understand why people hate him
>>
File: Taichi_Ishikari_1.jpg (57KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
Taichi_Ishikari_1.jpg
57KB, 240x320px
>>3063340
This guy works me every time
>>
>>3063340
>jinder is the best heel
>gets no reaction at all
>only reaction tangentially related is when fans boo awful booking when he wins
>>
>>3063364
Vince testified to a state court of New Jersey in 1989 that professional wrestling was staged competition, an entertainment performance, not a true sporting athletic contest, to avoid paying licensing fees and taxes to their sports athletic commission. This was the first ever full on public breaking of kayfabe by any leading figure within the industry, on record to the government no less.
You are wrong. Vince publicly broke kayfabe on the entire industry in 1989 before any Internet and smarks and dirtsheets and all your other lame excuses. But
>>
You can be a heel with flashy moves. It can be done, it's just poorly executed.

Let's invite a heel, call him, idk, "Flic Dair".

Flic cuts a promo talking about how he's the greatest technical wrestler of all time. Each and every one of you fat slobs pay money so your children can have a real man to look up to. Half of the women here are single moms, the other half are cheating on their bloated, impotent husbands, dreaming it could be with a man like me. Now watch as I destroy my opponent, a moronic redneck loser just like the cuckolds in the stands."

Then the babyface hits, and let's call him "Rusty Dhodes" or something. He cuts a simple promo like, "How about you shut up? I may not be the best technical wrestler, but it's not how you win, it's just win."

Match starts out with the "exposition" to establish the characters. When the baby goes for a move, the heel counters, and slips out. This shows the heel really is a good technical wrestler and generates a little heat, but also respect for the heel's credible skill.

Now we get some shine. The face gets in some big power moves (hip toss, scoop slam), shows off a little athleticism too (leapfrog, arm drag). The heel sells weakness. The face then goes for a punch, the heel rolls out of the ring. The heel now sells frustration, maybe even insults the crowd or cuts an in-match promo.

Now the heel gets some heat. When the babyface goes for a big move, the heel hits a cheap drop toe hold into the bottom turnbuckle. Now the heel sets up a big dragon suplex out of the corner, runs through to a headscissors. The baby fights back, but the heel hits a chopblock, then a 540 spin kick. Every time the baby comes back, the heel hits a cheapshot, then a flashy move to show off. The baby comes back again, the heel's manager runs out to distract the ref, and the heel gives a nutshot. Ref back in, heel goes for his exploding 630 splash. Big kickout at 2.8!
>>
>>3063358
Nice argument faggot also post your OHP if you even know what it is.
>>
>>3063353
Japanese are honorary Aryans. Also the Jew fears the samurai.

t. Hitler
>>
>>3063356
>Smarks don't cheer faces
>Dean Ambrose
>Finn Balor
>Matt and Jeff Hardy
>Shinsuke Nakamura
>AJ Styles
>Seth Rollins
>Sami Zayn
>Sasha Banks

Another anti-smark seething that his precious vanilla gorillas aren't over. Sad.
>>
>>3063465
>Smarks not cheering Jon Moxley
>Smarks not cheering Fergal Devitt
>Smarks not cheering Broken Matt and Brother Nero
>Smarks not cheering King of Strong Style
>Smarks not cheering AJ Fucking Styles
>Smarks not cheering Tyler Black
>Smarks not cheering El Generico
>ANYONE cheering for Sasha Banks
Priorities are Indie/NJPW Darlings>Good heels>>>>>>>>good faces>>>>>>>noneffective faces
>>
>>3063412

135 lbs asshole
>>
Hes one of the best heels by default, because he actually gets the intended reaction from the crowd. A novel concept in todays WWE.
>>
File: 1503222812268.jpg (60KB, 500x495px) Image search: [Google]
1503222812268.jpg
60KB, 500x495px
>>3063412
>obese little faggot thinks his 95 pound OHP is worth bragging about

LMFAO keep on bitching you corpulent, stupid mess. your superior is amused.
>>
>>3063340
there's too many, the lack of cool heels is the problem
>>
>>3063386
That was always the case with legal cases and disputes involving pro wrestling, happened with the Danno O'Mahoney situation back in the 30s
>>
>>3063340
eat shit you dumb fuck
>>
>>3063519
Post it

>>3063489
Better than Phil, good job.
>>
>>3063359
No cos everyone loves Neville especially the fat sweaty smarks
>>
File: 1503459251779.jpg (27KB, 209x207px) Image search: [Google]
1503459251779.jpg
27KB, 209x207px
>>3063551
>little faggot thinks knowing that his superior can OHP more than his obese, stupid, seething body can deadlift for repetitions will change anything

nah. go do your little "strength program" or whatever bullshit you read about on /fit/, if you're even capable of walking for longer than 5 minutes without having a stroke you fat bitch. you can also keep whining for the amusement of your superior, as well.
>>
Because the wrestling show is no longer in the right. What people do in the right is secondary to back stage/online drama.

How do you book a heel to get heat when 2 months in advance all the internet has already discussed it and got bored of it? It's a no way situation for the sport which killed it's self by not protecting the business.

Video killed the radio star and the internet killed the wrestling business.
>>
>>3063401
That last paragraph got away from you a little bit but the rest of it is spot on.
>>
Johnny Mundo is a better heel than RoidPoo

>>3063481
Heath Slater
Enzo Amore
New Day
Chad Gable
Fashion Police
Zack Ryder
Tye Dillinger
Street Profit$
Heavy Machinery

>implying Tyler Black was an indy darling

This is a very quick way to show you don't know what you're talking about
>>
>>3064638
Well he was ROH champ.
>>
>>3066897
>being ROH World Champion means you're an indy darling
>>
>>3066911
Just about, yes.
>>
>>3066912
>Xavier
>Lynn
>Davey
>Elgin
>Cody

And even Morishima would be pushing it
>>
>>3063340
You forgot about the best heel tag team we've had in a while. Their current program with the New Day is really good, I also really enjoyed them coming out with a literal gang, was a good look.
>>
>>3066927
Revival are GOAT as well
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.