[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I feel bad for Bayley. She worked her sizeable butt off in NXT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 4

I feel bad for Bayley. She worked her sizeable butt off in NXT and delivered some great work. Matches with Sasha, Charlotte and heck even Mia Jax were all top notch. She may not be the best on the mic but Bryan has proved that you don't need a silver tongue to ooze charisma. Fantastic champion with two stand out matches with Sasha at Brooklyn and Iron Man Match.

How did Vince let her go from "the female John Cena" to being booed as soon as she appears on screen? In NXT she was nice and humble but it didn't stop her from being competitive. On the main roster she's been embarrassed repeatedly by a gloried manager of a shitty NXT tag team (who can't wrestle a damn and has never had one memorable match).

You almost have to believe someone said to Vince "Okay, you can't possible mess up Bayley" - "Hold my beer". Bravo Vince you fucking did it.
>>
File: bay 7.jpg (276KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
bay 7.jpg
276KB, 1600x1600px
5 MINUTES
M
I
N
U
T
E
S
>>
>>3053180
Yaouch! This punishment is so not worth it.
>>
How many NXT kids does Vince need to hold underwater until they stop struggling for Triple H to break down and murder him in his sleep?
>>
Poor Bayley.
She is so good girl,so pure.
We must defend her even she can perform under pressure.

It's not her fault!
>>
Going from absolutely beloved by the fans to hated in the space of a year should be the greatest indictment of how terrible WWE's main roster booking is. This isn't a Reigns situation, this is someone the fans adored not that long ago.
>>
>>3053234
So the performer has no responsibility?

If you can accept people booing Reigns you can accept people booing Bayley,
>>
>>3053234
Look at every NXT Champion. Very few are successful despite shit booking.
> Big E - they brought him up with no plan and he just floated for a year before New Day which was shit on when it started
> Bo Dallas - Gave him somewhat of an undefeated streak, kept his gimmick up for a couple months then lost interest with no plans
> Neville - Brought him up... No plans
> Zayn - Brought him up, feud with Corbin and Braun. Then no plans
> Owens - Actually did well, beating Cena and had some good feuds, including turning his Jericho best friend thing into chicken salad and is in a solid spot right now.

> Charlotte - Will be 16 time champion in 3 years because "mah poetey"
> Sasha - Wins the championship multiple times because they wanted to jump up Charlotte's number
> Becky - Was under the radar until draft then had some good showings as Smackdown's top female draft pick then... No plans
>>
>>3053249
I think when you have segments that tell the crowd shes had to go to school with her dad with her and she was a shut in who only liked wrestling, it's a little hard to come back from no matter who you are.
>>
>>3053249
It's not Reigns fault either. Most, if not all, the blame lies with the bookers who don't know how to build heat, tell stories or write compelling angles anymore. Vince himself is so fucking out of touch and vindictive, that he can't stand to watch people he didn't personally choose and groom be successful. WWE will keep pumping out Romans, Bayleys and Rusevs (because Vince will not reat until he quits) until he dies.
>>
>>3053249

I'm saying the crowd was never fully behind Roman because they always disliked him being the chosen one over people they preferred, as soon as the Shield split. Bayley's not a good talker but WWE has fucked up her character at every possible turn. I don't blame Reigns or Bayley, I don't think either of them are responsible. Good bookers hide their performers' weaknesses, WWE never does.
>>
>>3053269
Fucking this. Reigns was my guy in the Shield when it was around. But when they started turning it from three equals to "Reigns is the leader" then keeping the music on him I got sick of him.
>>
>>3053269
Rest, not reat.
>>
>>3053273
The completely fucked over the entire Shield. It could have been the next NWO.
>>
>>3053249
>So the performer has no responsibility?
Yes, in BOTH the cases of Reigns and Bayley, the blame lies squarely on shit booking, and not on the actor/athlete.
>>
>>3053273
>>3053278

Do you think they broke up the shield too early or was a good enough time(without know how the booking of the 3 was to follow afterwards like we do now)?
>>
>>3053267
>>3053269

Every WWE wrestler had bad or stupid booking at some moment.
If you can't overcome it, you are not good enough.

And remind that Bayley is a Gimmick not her real persona.

>>3053272
>>3053280

So why is the reaction different with Bayley and Reigns?

I see no petitions to stop visiting the cities where Reigns is booed and I never seen anybody defending him as a performer the same way people is defending Bayley.
>>
> People argue the good ones do well despite shit booking
Isn't that the problem? The booking giving talent a "challenge" instead of actually working with the talent to make them look good.

Need I remind people that if Stone Cold was around today in an environment where bookers have their say only, he would be Fang McFrost, a very PG psycho.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1zteM8wD5o
>>
>>3053291

>I never seen anybody defending him as a performer the same way people is defending Bayley

You're in the wrong places then. Anyone who thinks he's a shitty wrestler at this point is an asshole.
>>
someone post vids of her being booed
>>
>>3053289
At that point Shield had done all they could. It was definitely their peak, beating Evolution twice in a row in fantastic matches. Reigns should have turned on the others. Work with the reports that Reigns is their "guy" and put some reality in booking. By now he would be a cool heel turned babyface ala Randy Orton post Legacy.
>>
>>3053289
It was the booking that fucked it. The break up was smooth, it was everything after that sucked.
>>
>>3053299
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k1mVA6Bzu8l6AaogSZP

22:30
>>
>>3053291
This isn't the 80's and 90's anymore. People still chant Husky Harris at Bray. Natty won the strap and it was crickets. Remeber the BRAAAAP angle? You're fucking stupid if you think people can get over after such a shit gimmick these days.
>>
>>3053291
>If you can't overcome it, you are not good enough
Very true, we all remember how The Ringmaster was a shut gimmick to begin with but he turned it around and now everyone thinks Ringmaster when they think WWE. I can't believe he managed to make that gimmick work. Shitter wrestler would need a gimmick change.
>>
It isn't Bayley's fault. It's the fat waifu losers who go to shows and like Bliss. They're the ones booing Bayley and Sasha - you notice Bliss gets a deeper-voiced pop every time from waifu virgins, where as all the kids and women still cheer for Sasha and Bayley.

They need to keep obvious betas over age 12 out of the shows.
>>
>>3053291
>So why is the reaction different with Bayley and Reigns?
Because one is a natural-born face poorly booked as a heel, and the other is a natural-born heel poorly booked as a face.
>I see no petitions to stop visiting the cities where Reigns is booed
That's a bit much for either case... are people doing that for Bayley? Really? I hadn't heard of that, but that's rediculous if it's true.
>and I never seen anybody defending him as a performer the same way people is defending Bayley.
while this is unfair, I would attribute it to a few factors.

1: Bayley is a girl, and we're conditioned to feel more sympathetic when they suffer

2: Bayley is a natural born face, and so smarky fans instinctively want to love her, while Reigns is a natural born heel, and so smarky fans instinctively want to hate him (DAMN he'd be such a good heel if he'd just been booked the way Stroman is being used now, it would have been pefrection.)

3: Fans love an underdog, and someone being unfairly buried makes you more of an underdog than being heavily pushed.

4: Reigns is at the top of the card, making a shitload of money, and while there's nothing wrong with making a shitload of money, it doen't encourage people to feel sorry for you, because... you know... you have a shitload of money so suck it up.

Like I said, none of these circumstances, or the poor booking, is the fault of Bayley or Reigns: both are actually pretty damn talented, just booked opposite to how they should be.
>>
>>3053320
>tell their majority fan base to fuck off
Vince would never throw money away lile that.
>>
>>3053322
>Bayley is a natural born face
She was heel on the indies and her NXT jobber debut.

I insist that people are believing her gimmick is her real persona.
>>
>>3053322
Checked and confirmed for truth. This anon has put it more eloquently than anyone ever has.
>>
>>3053326
>She was heel on the indies

Really??? Is there vid of it somewhere because I honestly want to see how she is as a heel since I have only ever seen footage of her as a face in the indies as well
>>
>>3053326
>im going to insist that my opinion is a fact
Ftfy
>>
>>3053249
They're booed for different reasons and Reigns is an unlikable chode IRL
>>
>>3053178
>How did Vince let her go from "the female John Cena" to being booed as soon as she appears on screen?
There's your answer, John Cena also gets booed all the time.
>>
>>3053326
>I insist that people are believing her gimmick is her real persona.
If that IS true, then that's just a testament to her performance chops, right?
>>
>>3053338
You don't know how the fuck they are on the real life.

>>3053344
No that only makes internet to try to defend her because "she is a nice girl" and "poor and pure girl"
>>
>>3053352
>No that only makes internet to try to defend her because "she is a nice girl" and "poor and pure girl"
I don't think you understand.... convincing an internet full of smarks in the era of "kayfabe is dead and buried" that your gimmick is real-life is a damn impressive feat of performance art. Like I know that the fact that it reminds you of people on /soc/ and tumblr white-knighting, which is fair, but that's besides the point and clouding your judgement.
>>
>>3053352
>You don't know how the fuck they are on the real life.

I guess interviews and social media don't count?

>it's the ESL fuck who gets triggered by women
>>
>>3053335
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqFiDDF9aBY
>>
Excuses excuses. Bayley is embarrassing on the mic and only had one good match, with Charlotte. Why wouldn't people start to boo? And to the fag saying Natty can't get over as champ because of her fart gimmick. Yet another pathetic excuse. People liked the fart gimmick. Natty just sucks on the mic when in the ring, and just always looks awkward when wrestling. That's why people don't care.
>>
>>3053501
Wow there's a lot of bullshit in that post.
>>
>>3053501
Lmfao, imagine being this retarded.
>>
>>3053501
>people liked the fart gimmick
First, no the didn't. The majority of fans and smarks thought it was pure cringe. Second, Natty is better in ring than half of the horses and she's been consistently good.
>>
>>3053514
>>3053520
Wow that's a whole lotta hissy fit yet oddly you can't prove me wrong, hmmmm
>>
Bayley's character is fucking cringe and she's even worse on the mic. Of course that gimmick would get over with the omega numale faggots that populate Full Sail but casual viewers aren't such soyboys that they're going to be entertained by a Barney, Lazy Town, Finding Nemo tier character. Maybe it would've worked if she was legendary on the mic but even then she'd still be a little girl in the middle of a "women's revolution."
>>
>>3053524
>First, no the didn't. The majority of fans and smarks thought it was pure cringe
Who cares what smarks think? And you're wrong, her backstage fart segments got laughs and cheers. That's where she excels.

The Natty being good in the ring meme has been around for YEARS and it's still just as ridiculous now as it was then. She moves around awkwardly, botches often on very simple moves, is slow, is clearly overweight (she looks fine, but you can tell by her movements it hinders her and gives her a bit of a waddle effect), she has NEVER had a memorable match, she is absolute bottom tier. Just because she's related to Bret and graduated from the dungeon does NOT make her not shit. Lana puts on a more intriguing match than Natty and that's a fact.
>>
>>3053536
>Lana
And there went evey bit of credibility in your post. Keep in mind there wasn't much to begin with.
>>
>>3053530
/thread

>"hurr durr he/she was over in NXT!!! Vince's booking destroyed him/her!!!!!"
>ignores the fact that NXT crowds are full of beta numale nerds with no lives who discuss wrestling all day on twitter and Reddit and think they're cool for following charisma vacuums who are smaller than the refs, while RAW/SD crowds enjoy wrestling but also have lives, jobs, and sex regularly
>>
>>3053527
>People liked the fart gimmick

So are you pretending to be stupid or actually stupid?

>>3053550
This is also fulla bullshit
>>
>>3053550
Anybody who doesn't understand this is completely fucking deluded.

>Bayley segment
>dad walks in
>>
>>3053527
>laughing at your stupidity
>hissy fit
Those mental gymnastics lol
>>
File: cristina.gif (454KB, 250x140px) Image search: [Google]
cristina.gif
454KB, 250x140px
>>3053178
>>
File: 978-vince_russo-wcw-1891839-1.png (208KB, 424x318px) Image search: [Google]
978-vince_russo-wcw-1891839-1.png
208KB, 424x318px
>>3053249

>Presented as a huge babyface upon her debut
>Depicted in the Charlotte programme as someone who gets her friend to help her win matches by cheating
>Depicted in the Alexa feud as a coward who is afraid of a fight

This is insane Russo WCW 2000 tier booking. She has been presented as a huge babyface but given heel booking at every turn.

Name anyone on the roster who could get over in this situation?
>>
>>3053587
Miz
>>
>>3053527
> Prove me wrong that people liked her getting gimmick
It was then I saw that this was bait.
>>
>>3053550
> If I say hur dur that means I'm right
> No one watched NXT who watches the main roster
Just stop.
>>
>>3053600
>doesn't remember the abomination that was face Miz
>>
>>3053619
And he survived and improved.
Now is one of the best all around wrestlers on the business
>>
>>3053639
>improved

He didn't

>best all around wrestlers on the business

He isn't
>>
>>3053648
Well
Let's just say we disagree with that
>>
>>3053587
And here is Bayley participating in a 5v1 beatdown against a baby face

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g03Dv-Mbp2g

yeah, it's supposed to set up survivor series, but it helped kill Bayley to anyone paying attention
>>
>>3053653
Miz isn't even the best guy in his own entourage
>>
>>3053653
He's really not a great wrestler. Servicable and capable of putting on good matches with really good workers, but that's about all.
>>
>>3053289
It was just as well. Once SHIELD turned face and fought against the Wyatts the story is about as good as it is going to get.

>>3053273
Me too. Reigns was cool as fuck back then as the silent big guy that everyone knows weigh the most in the Shield, but then we got what we got now
Fucking Dean came out of the Shield as the most over person. What a fucking ride this break up has been
>>
People bringing up numale NXT fans ignore that Bayley was over on the main roster before the Alexa feud.

>>3053639
>Miz is one of the best all around wrestlers

Might be the stupidest and shittest opinion posted in this thread somehow.
>>
bayley had some upside that they've squashed but

>female john cena

cena can cut a promo
>>
>>3053178
WWE made her look as pathetic and unlikeable as they possibly could. I refuse to believe it wasn't intentional sabotage. Nobody could be so incompetent.
>>
>>3053530
>I'll just ignore the Takeovers that had crowds the size of main roster PPVs
>le casual viewers meme
Same dumb bullshit every time with you morons, lmao. Get new material.
>>
>>3054063
>I'll just ignore the Takeovers that had crowds the size of main roster PPVs
Yeah, in HUGE cities, full of smarks, where the promotion started months prior and was like a mini-WM
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.