[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fuck War Games and World War 3. WWE NEEDS TO BRING BACK TH

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Nitro Spring Break.jpg (255KB, 650x484px) Image search: [Google]
Nitro Spring Break.jpg
255KB, 650x484px
Fuck War Games and World War 3.

WWE NEEDS TO BRING BACK THE SPRING BREAK POOL.

Why does WWE hate fun?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-cXztkOz-c
>>
>title match against the world champion
>doesn't just force his head under the water until he splashes out
>>
>>3042530
WWE Bash at the Beach exclusive to Smackdown when?
>>
This shit was dope af.
>>
I fucking loved these gimmick PPVs WCW had.
>>
>>3042656
WCW had the most fun sets. WWE really needs to play up the summertime theme for Summerslam and make it more beach themed. Swimming pool moat would be perfect for it if WWE weren't so cheap nowadays.
>>
>>3042530

The problem with these special Nitro sets they did was that they were expensive to produce and resulted in no return since WCW didn't collect any money from the crowd to attend these events. On top of that, WCW of course had to pay the venue to hold the events.

WCW was only interested in ratings at the time so Bischoff was allowed to do crazy shit like this despite loosing money every week. It's one of the reasons WCW failed. You have to at least cover your costs. WCW didn't even do that.
>>
>>3042786
citation on them losing money on this set? its just a ring on a platform in a preexisting pool. seems like it should be pretty cheap. also their bread and butter in the 90s was house shows. whatever they didn't make on a televised show they made 5 times over the next night anyways. people tuned in to see shit like this. it's stupid not to do it now.
>>
>>3043164
>citation on them losing money on this set?

Well if you don't collect money for the event and still have to pay to run it, then it results in a loss. That's basic math. All of these Spring Break Nitros, the Bash At The Beach they did at an actual beach, and the event they did in Sturgis called Road Wild were all free events to the public. WCW made zero money from the events with the exception of PPV buys which STILL didn't cover WCW's total costs. The Hog Wild/Road Wild PPVs were the absolute worst. The cost to run the event, despite it being outdoors was outrageous. WCW's costs just to put up the wrestlers in luxury trailers alone costed over 1.5 million for the 6 days they were there for the PPV and doing appearances during and after the event.

Bischoff covered this in his book and in several interviews. Turner was so obsessed with the ratings that he gave Eric a checkbook with no limit. As long as WCW beat WWF in the ratings, Turner didn't care about the return.
>>
>>3042656

Agreed. I used to love Hog/Road Wild as well, with thousands of bikers in the middle of nowhere who'd been drinking all day. The only negative was them all booing Harlem Heat for obvious reasons
>>
>>3042530
BASED

Can you imagine how many hot co-eds The Outsiders fucked at Club La Vila?! I bet even 6-Pac got laid!
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.