[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>the most popular t-shirt at WWE shows is... the Bullet Club

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: 1491710993553.jpg (19KB, 246x284px) Image search: [Google]
1491710993553.jpg
19KB, 246x284px
>the most popular t-shirt at WWE shows is... the Bullet Club

Daily reminder that this thing has zero chances to become mainstream.

>but muh kids

The average age of the WWE viewers has gone up by 10 in the last 3 years. Kids are not watching.
>>
Source = your ass
>>
>>3025502
Not the OP but I'm just watching the last three NXT shows to catch up and there are Bullet Club, Young Bucks and Omega shirts everywhere in the crowd. They certainly look like the most worn merch at the show.
>>
>nxmeme
Cringe
>>
>>3025521
You saw the same 4 neckbeards because those episodes were part of the same taping
>>
>>3025540
They are still there, genius and the shirts already have become more mainstream than any WWE shirt has been in years.
>>
>>3025521
Should we tell him that NXT tapes multiple episodes in advance?
>>
>>3025568
>>3025551
>>
>>3025568
I know that, they still are there, no matter if it is actually one show or three.
>>
>>3025502
Meltzgay.
>>
>>3025455
The problem is not the formula: having a crossover face that the kids love IS a good idea. The 4 individuals for whom that actually worked
>Hogan
>Rock (though he began heel and got himself over)
>Austin (though he began heel and got himself over)
>Cena
made SOOOOO much money for the company that they basically outweigh the whole rest of the roster, past and history, combined, and it more than made up for the failed attempts to create a crossover face
>Luger
>Ultimate Warrior
>Diesel
>Reigns
The thing is.... in his old age, Vince is getting less willing to give up on a failed crossover-face and move on to the next one. He gave up on the Lex Express after 2 years, and he gave up on Diesel after 3 years, but this Reigns push has been going on how long? It feels like at-least five.

The problem is the Reigns just isn't built to be a face. His natural speech patterns read heel. His resting face reads heel. His attempts at acting read heel. His wrestling style reads heel. His whole style and look read heel.

I'll just smark-out and fantasy book for a while, but he needs to go full Lesnar/HHH-style heel, who's played more as an unstoppable force of nature, who destroys face after face, and really rubs it in the fans face how unbeatable he is (seriously, let him go months and months and months without a single loss,) until they find the next guy they want to try the Hogan/Rock/Cena forumla with, and have HIM beat Reigns CLEAN to thunderous applause.

But what the fuck do I know, I'm just an unashamed smark with a Masters degree in marketing.
>>
>>3025568
lol
>>
File: ST504.jpg (94KB, 1001x1001px) Image search: [Google]
ST504.jpg
94KB, 1001x1001px
>>3025455
To be fair, the BC shirts look nice and basic, like the old WWE shirts. Something that you could probably wear out with normies and only occasionally see someone noticing it.

Current WWE shirts though? Just browsing the current spread on the site and this is probably the most normie friendly one there, but it still has the same problems WWE shirts have.

>Eye catching design on the front ruined by an obnoxious tag on the bottom
>Obnoxious writing on the back
>£22 for a T-shirt plus delivery

Have a look at some of the more retarded designs if you're wondering why any self respecting teen or above wouldn't be caught dead in that shit.
>>
>>3026803
Reigns would be over as a face if they booked him like nWo era Sting where he was just a silent protector that beat up the heels and didn't speak much.

If they continued the whole hound of justice gimmick and just presented him as the great leveller rather than Cena 2.0 he'd be liked by both kids and adults
>>
File: 1432627967891.png (427KB, 571x540px) Image search: [Google]
1432627967891.png
427KB, 571x540px
>>3027012
>If they continued the whole hound of justice gimmick and just presented him as the great leveller rather than Cena 2.0 he'd be liked by both kids and adults

While this is accurate, you have to look at the business from long term making money perspective. At the end of the day, Sting 2.0 could turn Reigns into a short term money maker, but the amount of money made by every Hulk/Cena 2.0 is so much more than any other strategy to the point that it totally makes sense to use the entire company as farm for the exclusive production of new Hulks/Cenas.

Reigns will NEVER be a Cena, Hulk, Rock, or even Austin, so using him as a "final boss" to create a Cena, Hulk, Rock, or Austin out of someone else actually makes the most sense from a business perspective.

To use a metaphor, Vince is basically a venture capitalist, and each wrestler is a new venture. VC's aren't looking for a stable investment that's likely to make a return: they're looking to invest in a large number long-shots and have one of them turn into the next multi-billion dollar business. Sting is a guaranteed thing that isn't going to blow up and go mainstream, but Cena 2.0 is harder to achieve, but WILL go mainstream.
>>
>>3025455
correction
most popular at a smark infested nxt show
>>
>>3027012
so to sum up my statement here>>3027259 personally I would LOVE Reigns had be been a silent vigilante type like a 2016 Crow-Sting, but I am a proud Smark and will love things that don't make money in the long term. However, WWE has to spent all of its energy trying to make the next Hulk, because even if it fails 9 times out of 10, it will still be the most successful business strategy.... just so long as they recognize when one attempt has failed and it's time to move on to the next one, which they currently are NOT.
>>
>>3027412
correct:
it was at SD and Raw houseshows
>>
File: 1503163969419.jpg (32KB, 246x284px) Image search: [Google]
1503163969419.jpg
32KB, 246x284px
>>3025455
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.