[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So it's probably a safe bet that he's the guy to dethrone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

File: naito.jpg (39KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
naito.jpg
39KB, 480x480px
So it's probably a safe bet that he's the guy to dethrone Okada and it'll be in the dome at WK12. Do you think he'll have a longer reign than he did in 2016? And assuming that Kenny resigns, do you see Kenny being his major rival/feud?
>>
>>3014276
>Kenny being his major rival/feud?
No, Tanahashi.
Or Okada.
>>
Okada is the most important guy they have so even if he loses at WK12 I don't see him staying down on the card for too long.
>>
I feel like Naito's gotta reign for a while after all of this, but yeah, I see Kenny winning the title off him if he signs for more than a year. Then Kenny/Okada IV at WK13?
>>
They rarely do title changes at the Dome. Its not out of the question that Okada wins to set up a longer chase for Naito.

>Okada retains at WK12.
>Drops to Omega
>Naito wins the title from Omega
>Naito beats Okada at WK13
>>
>>3014279
>>3014281
By the time Naito/Okada happens at wk12 Okada will have been champion for over a year and a half, far far longer than anyone in njpw history. I don't think Okada will be winning the belt again for some time. It's not just the length of time but the matches he's endured as champion. He'll probably appreciate a rest. Tanahashi will likely get a shot or two, but I don't know if it's going to be THE feud of Naito's reign. They've already had a lengthy feud through the 2010s. Omega is that other pillar guy of today's njpw so if he's around then he's definitely going to get a shot. And it'll be the freshest big feud for Naito to have. Also maybe the best for business since their stables are the most over worldwide
>>
>>3014276
>>3014318
Okada winning wouldn't be ridiculous, but if he does I think Naito takes it from him at next year's Dominion, and then holds as the heel into the following WK.
I'm more inclined to go with Naito winning at WK12, retaining at Dominion, and Okada really carving his way back to being champ at WK13.
By WK12 Okada will have surpassed the longest reign of all time AND most cumulative days with the title, that has to be in their minds.
>>
>>3014276
LITERALLY WHO POO JAPAN FLIPPY SHIT MANLETS?
>>
>>3014328
Is there anybody else that might step up the card to give these dudes a bit to sit down? Ibushi? Goto?
>>
>>3014328
>>3014333
Holy cow, I didn't realize Okada already had the longest single reign ever AND he'll have longest combined days (by 2 days) at WK12.

Ain't that some shit.
>>
>>3014367
He has like 2 months until he passes Shinya Hashimoto as the longest reigning champion.
>>
>>3014361
If Ibushi actually sticks around they'll absolutely push him. Ishii would be a good interval top flight player but I don't think he has the marketability to be the actual champ for any real stretch.

>>3014367
Fully deserved.
>>
>>3014276
I really feel like Kenny and Naito have zero chemistry character wise, Okada and Tanahashi are much better rivals for Naito.
>>
>>3014377
Ibushi can't sign full time, it'd cut into his designated play with fireworks and wrestle foam monsters time.

Ishii's not a guy who has great poster appeal, but he gets over just by wrestling. Out of all the guys on the roster who haven't won the iwgp, aside from Kenny and I guess Kitamura lol, I think Ishii is the most likely to get a run.
>>
>>3014300
Nah we will get Kenny/Okada 4 before wrestle kingdom since Kenny beat him at g1
>>
>>3014432
I don't think so. If they had a 4th match Kenny would have to win and we would have Naito v Kenny at WK.
That would be great, Naito would have won of course, but the match would have be awesome.
But - what about US belt? On Elgin?
>>
>>3014438
>>3014432
And also - Ishii never got his title match. Not everyone gets it.
>>
>>3014441
Because he and Okada are stablemates. It's totally different.
>>
>>3014448
Why doesn't Ishii just leave CHAOS then?
>>
>>3014428
>>3014377
ishii would be awesome desu. maybe not for a long run, but he deserves a run. he's been a consistent big match guy for them for a long while, a top 5 guy in the company.
>>
>>3014448
I think even Omega (character) would not want the match. He is in even worse condition then he was after 4/1 defeat. Have you watched the Ibushi thing after finals? That's his path now.
>>
>>3014438
I'd be rather shocked if Okada isn't holding the belt to WK12. Evil is probably getting a match with him, I'm guessing at one of the Destruction shows. King of Pro Wrestling will be very interesting what the card shapes up to be.
>>
>>3014452
He doesn't deserve it. Not in NJPW office eyes. He will get maybe NEVER title again. But there is nothing deserving HW title in his future. He just isn't there and probably never will be.
>>
>>3014462
Pretty sure the only time the HW belt is defended from now til January is and KOPW. My guess is that Evil will challenge Okada then and lose having won #1 contendership from Omega, maybe at Destruction. Omega will then spend the rest of the year maybe defending his US belt and then setting up a feud with Ibushi.
>>
Okada will drop the title to him, then Kenny will have to grind through naito in same manner as he grinded through okada, aka even more six star matches.
Also, what is Kenny's power level canon wise now? Took fucking 4 destinos to stop him, and he wasn't able to use his finisher. Top tier match, absolutely pissening.
>dat part were Kenny picked naito of the fucking ground and immediately went for german suplex
Holy fuck
>>
>>3014518
Who beat Kenny in G1? Elgin after using almost everything. And Juice who got lucky. Kenny beat weaken Okada, but got beat by Naito, who knew how to fight him after last year defeat.
And also Kenny put Ishii behind him after the start of the year and NJ Cup. So now he stands on top of the mountain as member of 4 guys who on any given night can beat any of the other 4.
Elgin is anomaly cause he could have beaten Okada in their match and the story of the match was - he almost did, but Okada was fresh back then and didn't just got 30 minute draw with Suzuki and got Darkness Fall'ed on pile of chairs.
>>
>>3014518
Probably 3rd place behind Okada and Naito, possibly tied with Tanahashi.
>>
>>3014532
So, basically all of them are fucking super saiyan now and it takes a gimmick to stop them, like okadas neck pain, Kenny's misfortune or opponents prior superexperience etc.
>>
>>3014535
I fucking hate tanahashi for some reason. His rock star gimmick is so lame and moves are very sterile
>>
>>3014541
Yes, they are. Look who held HW belt last 6 years. Okada. Naito. Tana. AJ Styles.
FOUR GUYS. These four are the best in the world (and I mean in kayfabe sense of the word), only those four have been able to beat previous champion and hold onto the title for a while. Nobody else!
If you beat any of these four, you are powerful. Or lucky. Or he was wounded or you knew his weakspot or he got too cocky or you cheated.
But if you are fighting for a belt, champ will be ready and will take you on and will put everything on the line, because it means being BEST in the world.
(this whole post should be read in kayfabe)
>>
>>3014438
Kenny wouldn't have to win. Juice and Big Mike will probably face him for the US belt.
>>
>>3014518
Right now it's Naito > Kenny > Okada (because he's fucked) > the rest
>>
>>3014560
Also Naito and AJ both had interference for their title wins.
>>
>>3014589
And yes, also this. Okada HAS to hold onto the wrist of everyone now. He knows, he can't let got. If he let's go he is defeated. I have to rewatch EVIL match, cause I forgot how that went (too much wrestling during G1). But he likes to act cocky to hide the fact his Rainmakers are getting weaker and weaker. He's almost broken by wars he has been in.
>>
>>3014602
>Rainmakers are getting weaker and weaker.

I wouldn't say that. The proper Rainmaker almost never gets kicked out of. The short-cut Rainmakers are obviously not going to be as strong, and he uses them as both an offensive and defensive maneuver.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.