[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does New Japan use such a shitty building for their biggest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Tokyo_Dome_2015-5-12.jpg (213KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
Tokyo_Dome_2015-5-12.jpg
213KB, 1200x800px
Why does New Japan use such a shitty building for their biggest show of the year? Does Japan not have any actual stadiums or something? This building just doesn't look like a good fit for a wrestling show, too much floor space and seats are too far away from where the ring goes.
>>
>>3009668
They only need 50 chairs to put around the ring.
>>
>>3009668
Tradition. It's expensive to rent and done for the fans and try to get casuals in.

It's their Onky money loser attedences wise. They do sell a lot of merch there however which overrides the loss.
>>
>>3009672
Kek BTFO
>>
>>3009677
So something like WWE holding televised events at MSG I'm guessing?
>>
>>3009668

It's one of the most iconic arenas in the world.

When the E used to go to Japan before the internet, they would have supershows with AJPW and NJPW and sell the arena out.

If the E could sell out, they would still use the arena. But 42k-55k is a lot for any promotion.
>>
>>3009687
Yeah.
>>
>>3009691
Njpw used to sell it out. Even recent dome shows went down again.

If tv excutives moved it to late nights it would boost it a bit.

A wrestle kingdom from two years ago did a 1.0 while Igf did 1.7.
>>
>>3009668
>Greatest WrestleMania of all time was in a shit old baseball dome in Houston
really makes you think
>>
>>3009672
WWE would need to tarp half of them and the hard cam side would be empty.
>>
>Tokyo Dome Capacity: 55,000
>Wrestle Kingdom 11 Attendance: 26,000
>>
>>3010752
NJPW is hurting ever since losing based Inoki san.
>>
I don't see anything wrong with it, the arena looks great.
But Osaka Dome would be better
>>
>>3010752
Muto leaving and Nagata jobbing in mma did some damage in the toyko market.

Ratings and merch was still ok. Even the inoki era 8.0 tv ratings. Now it's 1.0.

Somewhere around when the mma scam happended, interest in inokism and mma declined tv ratings wise.

Igf itself never sold out sumo hall. It was a small piece.

Inokism is proving wrestling is the strongest. Using legit guys to beat in worked fights.
>>
File: full dome.jpg (46KB, 560x418px) Image search: [Google]
full dome.jpg
46KB, 560x418px
Very simple. Because it's huge and when it's full it looks fucking sexy.
>>
>>3009687
More like the Staples Center. Budokan is MSG.
>>
>Tokyo Dome
>shitty building
>>
Do you know dense the cities in Japan are? Where the fuck are they going to build this stadium they can't even find safe places to build nuclear reactors. I'm not even an njpw guy but have some fucking sense
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.