[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>According to Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

File: cringe.png (1MB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
cringe.png
1MB, 800x800px
>According to Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, higher-ups at New Japan Pro-Wrestling Co., Ltd. have been discussing a plan to launch two weekly programs to air on cable television in western markets to compete directly against WWE Raw and SmackDown. This would effectively revive a ratings war the company hasn't seen since the days of the Monday Night Wars.

How hard would ya mark?
>>
Source you pine head.
>>
According to Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, you will never get laid pinhead
>>
Why aint they change the name for the western market? their name is regional and minor league. wWE has world in its names which means its best top promotion in the world
>>
>>3002761
I hope they don't. They would get massacred.
>>
>According to Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, I d-d-didn't make it up p-p-plans just ch-ch-change
>>
According to meltzer OP is a virgin who needs to get a clue and hit the weights
>>
>>3002761
And? I'd like to have two weekly television programs where I talk about my model train collection live on-camera for two hours, doesn't mean any cable network in their right mind would ever agree to such a thing.
>>
File: 1500562958632.jpg (62KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1500562958632.jpg
62KB, 600x400px
>>3002768
>pine head
>>
>>3002780
>>3002798
>>3002807
e-babbies on the verge of tears
>>
File: based gedo.gif (3MB, 305x170px) Image search: [Google]
based gedo.gif
3MB, 305x170px
"How hard would ya mark"

You retards, this is completely hypothetical, it's fantasy booking, he's not serious. But as a New Japandroid, I'd be horrified, that wouldn't end well. Not because I'm scared of the WWE or NJPW's potential inability to resonate with Western audiences, they just really need to lock down a strong channel first. TNA got demolished because they were on Spike TV. If NJPW were on ESPN (highly unlikely considering their hard-on for Monday Night Football), FS1, TBS, TNT, Syfy they'd have a better shot or better yet, through their connections with ROH and Sinclair broadcasting, merge with ROH and be put on a sinclair affiliated channel like Pix, CW, Fox, NBC, ABC or CBS. Basically, they need to lock down a REALLY good channel first. Wait a year or two and then move to Monday and Tuesday nights. They also need to merge with ROH already, jesus, just get a room and fuck already, make a baby. It's obvious that the relationship between the two companies are HIGHLY beneficial for each of them and they work closely together but Gedo should have complete booking control over Delirious. Would that work, what do you guys think?
>>
>>3002854
>You retards, this is completely hypothetical, it's fantasy booking, he's not serious
this. took long enough for someone to realize
>>
Fake news.
>>
File: 1457556259644.png (1002KB, 655x745px) Image search: [Google]
1457556259644.png
1002KB, 655x745px
>>3002761
>>According to Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter
>>
According to Dave Meltzer, fantasy booking is for faggots and should be banned from this board
>>
File: NJPWshillposter.png (566KB, 439x1063px) Image search: [Google]
NJPWshillposter.png
566KB, 439x1063px
>According to Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Also, WWE would obliterate them if there was competition.
>>
>>3002854
>ESPN, FS1, TBS, TNT, Syfy

Not memeing, go ahead and let go of that fantasy. Pro wrestling is not a viable venture for major cable networks in 2017. The only reason WWE is on a semi-decent channel is because Vince has connections at NBC and WWE already has a large following. None of those channels are gonna sign up for an experiment with a wrestling show that's entirely in Japanese that only a few thousand smarks might watch.

>Sinclair

That might work better, but for a wrestling company that they own, Sinclair doesn't seem to be pushing their affiliates to carry ROH in decent time slots. It comes on at like 11 AM on Saturdays on the CW in my city.

Overall it's just a bad move in general. The Attitude Era is never coming back and there's barely room for one major promotion in the US, let alone two. NJPW's current spot in the US market is good for them and they're doing well in Japan, they don't need to risk significant capital trying to hasten another boom period that isn't coming.
>>
>>3002933

A VERY well-thought post. Thanks for the feedback. I think Sinclair's perception of ROH is that they can't draw on their own and they need to work with NJPW to help boost the product. If they merged, I think Sinclair would not hesitate to invest heavily into the product, especially considering how fast they sold out for a show in October simply by mentioning the name "Kenny Omega".
>>
>Le Meltz
>>
File: 1501264353122.gif (2MB, 418x588px) Image search: [Google]
1501264353122.gif
2MB, 418x588px
>>3002817
>jooshy fruit
>oishii desuyo
>>
>>3002854
>through their connections with ROH and Sinclair broadcasting, merge with ROH and be put on a sinclair affiliated channel
Not even Sinclair gives enough of a shit about ROH to do that for them and they fuckin' own ROH.
>>
>>3002782
WCW also had "world" in it's name.
>>
>>3002761
I'd unironically watch a live NJPW show over Raw. Not SD, but Ram yes.
>>
>>3002854
Sinclair owns my local ABC station and they play ROH at 1:00 AM on Sundays. They don't give a shit about growing ROH, otherwise they could force their affiliates to play it in better time slots. They just bought it for cheap and now they get a nice revenue stream from the live shows and PPV's.
>>
>>3002889
Dave is a prophet who knew to name his business something that would abbreviate to WON so he could one day have the twitter handle DaveMeltzerWON
>>
>>3002761
Is that a New Japan slammer for pogs?
>>
>>3002761
Stupidest idea ever, the whole reason NJPW is able to have such intense singles matches is because their wrestlers have long rest periods and fuck around in multi man tags for most of the duration of their tours.
>>
this is a terrible idea, NJPW feels like a bigger attraction because you dont see them every week.
>>
>>3002761
Yes PLEASE

I can't stand watching on shitty streams anymore
>>
>>3004277
>>3004564
they pretty much do a weekly show, though. only after their tournaments do the tournament participants take some weeks off. but also it's not like you see their big stars e.g. okada, naito, omega, tanahashi etc. every week for those shows. sometimes a few of them might but not always. these road shows leading to their big events usually mostly have their low and midcard guys and freelancers with a mix of tag teams and juniors to fill the card
>>
>>3004691
Yeah but it's all light multi man tags. And there are periods of rest. For example, the G1, which is the hardest time of the year for the wrestlers, just ended, so don't expect to see those guys in a singles match for about a month.
>>
>>3004691
Who would want to watch that every week? I can hardly stomach the multi man tags as they are.
>>
>>3004691
Who would want to watch that every week? I can hardly stomach the multi man tags as they are.
>>
>>3002854
>They also need to merge with ROH already

No thanks. Whenever NJPW gives the ROH guys a match on the card they're always shit. ROH can keep nobodies like Jay Lethal, Hangman Page and Adam Cole, New Japan doesn't need them.
>>
>>3002761
They are not dumb. Not in 3 years, that would be too soon. So gratz for making a new kind of post.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.