[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Has been in only two 5 star matches >Regarded as greatest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

>Has been in only two 5 star matches
>Regarded as greatest draw of all time
>Has sold more merchandise than all of the NJPW manlets combined
>Didn't do flippy shit

You Meltz-clones think you know what draws, you have no clue. Austin is the anti-NJPW, yet he is untouchable. He didn't turn out 5 star matches, didn't need to because no one gives a damn about Meltzers ratings.Austin's shirts were in every store, not just Hot Topic.Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Austin outsells mullet club, Pennny Omega, and the Young Snores now.
>>
>>3000868
Weird how he loves what NJPW does. Right? Right? Cause it's art and it evolves and he would probably be doing great today if he was peaking around today.
>>
>>3000879
WWE was on the verge on folding when Austin broke out, Austin literally saved them and put WcW out of business you underaged cuck
>>
>>3000868
ok but the weebs sell roughly 30,000 tickets to their biggest event every year and they have almost 50,000 subscribers to newjapanworld so in conclusion wwe is going out of bidness
>>
>>3000879
I love on his podcast how he always dances around the landmine of saying wwe is terrible and should be more like New Japan.

>"I me-mean I'm a WWE man through and through. Bu-t but, well I mean...well they should you know...just change things up a bit. I mean not that they're not great in their own way too, but maybe you know..uh could be a little like..well i mean maybe they could look at new japan a little.
>>
Him, Hogan and The rock are 3 of the biggest names in wrestling history, yet all 3 of them were mediocre at best in wrestling matches
>muh dean malenco
A literal who

>>3000913
WTF is wrong with him?
>>
>>3000931
Austin was actually coming into his own and showing off some pretty incredible ring skill by 97. Austin vs Bret was a clinic. After Owen broke his neck he had to adjust his style. Shame we never got to see prime Austin during the peak of the Attitude Era.
>>
File: Bkk1b8BCMAA0jGN.jpg (43KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
Bkk1b8BCMAA0jGN.jpg
43KB, 600x300px
>>3000868
You forgot
>is in the Holy trinity of wrestlers who everyone knows
>>
>>3001195
Who's the geezer on the right?
>>
>>3001205
Gillberg
>>
>>3000868
Stop thinking Meltzer rating a match 5 stars is worth a shit
>>
>>3000931
>Hogan, Austin, Rock
>medicore wrestling matches
fans like you are a cancer to the business
>>
>>3001263
Um Rock and Stone Cold and Hogan never did 450 splashes sweetie so please sit down somewhere
>>
Steve Austin was great because in addition to being a great performer,
1) He connected with the audience in a real, meaningful way.
2) When he became limited by injuries, he adapted his style.

He's not fake, he's not held down by tons of micro-managed corporate speak and he knows how to adapt and change and still reach out to the audience and connect with them.

If anything, Steve Austin is the anti-WWE right now.

(also, he likes Kenny Omega and thinks he'd be the top guy in WWE)
>>
>>3000931
>>3001272
This is such a backhanded fucking thing to say. Those guys all had fucking awesome matches, especially Rock and Austin.

An awesome match isn't solely defined by the moves you can do. A match CAN be excellent because of the athletic prowess demonstrated but it can also be awesome for a ton of other reasons, which those three guys embodied.

Those guys told great stories with their matches, which is something WWE straight up doesn't do anymore because the product is fake as shit and they don't care about stories, they care about moments. Which is why you'll see a fucking banger of an angle like the ambulance at Great Balls of Fire and then the next night, Roman Reigns will come out and go "yeah well ummm attitude era?" and then the next week, Braun Strowman will come back, completely fine and then everybody will completely stop caring about it and nobody will change or grow in any sort of meaningful way.
>>
>>3001351
How is it backhanded?
>>
>>3002306
Calling those guys "mediocre at best" in the ring is insulting to all the effort they put into their matches and all the bumps they took.
>>
>>3000931

Austin was fantastic in ring.
This board is 18+
>>
>>3000887
I came back, saw this thread up and look up if anyone reacted to me.
Read your answer. And... wtf dude are you reading, that's not what I wrote.
I said, that if he was young and was wrestling today, he would be fucking awesome as well. And he doesn't need flips or 5-star matches. He is charismatic man with whole lot of ego who will forge his own path. And he did.
And he would today as well.
But he is a fan of pro-wrestling as an art. And he loves what NJPW is doing.
>>3000903
Yes, I have never ever understood lazy shortcuts people take in their thinking. Competition is good. I want NJPW to be as big as possible. Partly because I love this era and I mean whole Okada story from 2012 (was it?) till today. And partly because only real competition can force WWE to change, to start making stars again and not having this attitude "brand is a draw, not people working for us". That's bullshit. I love wrestling and I want wrestling I love to be better. Maybe more to my tastes I should say. It's selfish I know, but that's what I want.
>>
Meltzer and his cult followers are legit autists, just ignore them.
>>
File: goaaaaaat.jpg (46KB, 700x400px) Image search: [Google]
goaaaaaat.jpg
46KB, 700x400px
>>3000868

>Stone Cold Steve Austin "doesn't have time and is too busy" to come to Wrestlemania

>Shows up to the NJPW Long Beach shows in July

Really, REAAAAAAAALLY makes you think.
>>
>>3006228
I mean, he was selling his house in April and probably didn't have the time to do a whole shtick where he came to the ring and Stunnered someone. Relatively, going to the Long Beach show as a fan isn't too much of a big deal.

Austin's just a lover of the biz. A real wrestling fan's wrestler.
>>
>>3000868

Autismetty was never in a 6 star match.
>>
YA MEAN STONE BALD STEVE AUTISM?
>>
>>3000931
>wrestling is about the moveset

Mark

Austin is easily top 15 of all time as a worker
>>
Did it come to you as a surprise that some wrestling "journalists" subjective star ratings ain't worth shit in the big picture?
>>
>Austin is the anti-NJPW
>loves NJPW and says Kenny could be the face of WWE if they let him
Austin even says Okada would be money in WWE but he knows they would fuck him up
>>
>>3007015
Austin sees a lot of potential in Jinder as well. He puts everyone over.
>>
>>3007036
Big dimes Vince putting in the work
>>
File: DCezqfsUQAAFWwH.jpg (191KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DCezqfsUQAAFWwH.jpg
191KB, 900x1200px
>>3000868
big macs outsell fillet mignon
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.