[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Okada's Rainmaker the weakest finisher today? >Has

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 5

File: ibushi-rainmaker.jpg (73KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
ibushi-rainmaker.jpg
73KB, 600x399px
Is Okada's Rainmaker the weakest finisher today?

>Has an obvious setup
>Gets countered 75% of the time
>Needs at least 2 to put away and opponent and about 4 in a championship match
>>
Except for the getting countered part, you could say the same about the Superman Punch.
>>
It only needs one to put away low tier scrubs. Needs one or two to put away higher tier dudes.
3 or more is Kenny/Naito/Tana only.

There's an actual hierarchy
>>
>>2990593
didnt he need like 7 to take down omega?
>>
>>2990600
One is a finish and one isn't.
What is your logic JapDrone
>>
File: Okada Rainmaker to Suzuki.gif (3MB, 340x189px) Image search: [Google]
Okada Rainmaker to Suzuki.gif
3MB, 340x189px
Weak finisher? kek
>>
>>2990593
>Has an obvious setup
Makes it better, the half-Rainmaker can come out of nowhere, but the setup for the full move gives it more importance and psychology, with teasing and building to the move itself
>Gets countered 75% of the time
Also makes it better, Okada's finishing sequences are amazing runs of counters, escapes, and transitions, and you never know which time the rainmaker will actually land
>Needs at least 2 to put away and opponent and about 4 in a championship match
You can easily count on one hand the number of people who have ever kicked out of the full Rainmaker, and Omega was the first to need more than two.
Besides, if he's the Ace, he doesn't need a super protected finisher, if anything it would work to his detriment, making his matches too predictable, and never having to overcome anyone or anything, same reason why it takes so many High Fly Flows for Tana to beat anyone.
>>
>>2990617
> gooks at least 50 been wrestling 30+ years
> still cannot take a simple clothesline bump without nearly killing himself
Japan, everybody
>>
>>2990626
> half rainmaker
Lol how do you do half a clothesline niprone?
>>
File: Styles Clash on Kojima botch.gif (3MB, 400x223px) Image search: [Google]
Styles Clash on Kojima botch.gif
3MB, 400x223px
>>2990634
>amerifat at least 40 been wrestling for 20+ years
>can't lift a 260 lbs man
United States of America, everybody
>>
>>2990593
No they book it hard to kick out off. In Njpw 90s you can kick out of every move except the brain buster DDT.

Njpw of today adopted nwa use of powerful finishes.
>>
>>2990639
Who cares about piles, hes been tainted by your backwater shithole
>>
>>2990639
Styles clash is the crappiest finish. So many guys broke their neck,

Yoshitatsu became a joke post neck broke. Ogawa became brain damaged in Noah from it.
>>
>>2990626
>and you never know which time the rainmaker will actually land
oh you know...
>>
>>2990642
>Literally defending someone who can't lift a 260 lbs man
Please seek mental help
>>
>>2990639
Taking a bump and lifting someone is not even fucking close to the same thing but nice deflection JapDrone
>>
File: Styles clash botch.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Styles clash botch.gif
2MB, 320x240px
EY GUYZ I'M DA PHENOMENAL AJ STYEEEEEEEELS
>cannot even execute his finisher without killing someone
>>
>>2990649
How am I a JapDrone you idiot? I'm just showing you Styles Clash is the worst finisher, what does this have to do with Japan that lives in your head rent-free 24/7?
>>
>>2990637
>Full Rainmaker
>Irish Whip wrist lock lariat

>Half Rainmaker
>Just the wrist lock lariat
>>
>>2990650
Hate this overrated guy. Worse than d bry.

Hate Kenta too. Shibata is just unsafe towards himself.
>>
>>2990648
So you cant read
I didnt and wouldnt defend an outlaw nobody like AGay Piles and his shitty contruged bingo hall move
>>
>>2990661
I also think Bryan is way better than Styles, at least Bryan had ability to put on great matches and actually got a reaction from the crowd, Styles just does flips and nobody cares except obese neckbeards
>>
>>2990658
Thats an awful long way to say clothesline m8
>>
>>2990593
Pretty much the same as Cena's AA desu. He goes through 2 teasers and 3-4 per big match match and even does the double to put them away, and people still kick out of it.
>>
>>2990673
Lol.
>>
>>2990675
It's not a clothesline though, the arm doesn't move for a clothesline, for the lariat it's swung like a punch
>>
>>2990677
How many people have kicked out of the AA? Can you list them all?
>>
>>2990626
>>2990658
It kinda pisses me off when literally any lariat Okada does is called a Rainmaker. If he just swings his arm at a dude's neck, just fuckin' call it a lariat, Kelly. Fuck.

They do the same thing for the V-Trigger.
>>
>>2990690
ITS RAINMAKEEEEEEEEEERRRRRR
>>
>>2990677
No, because they're countless. Have you watched a Cena match in the last few years? Everyone kicks out of them. Nakameme kicked out of the double AA just last week on SD. Punk kicked out of dozens, I think he kicked out of like 4 in one match alone. Seth, Miz, Orton, Rusev. Tons of people.
>>
>>2990696
This was meant for >>2990683
>>
>>2990696
Nakamura didn't kick out of the Double AA, he got out of it.
>>
>>2990593
Its a strong finisher but the psychology from what ive seen seems that he never connects it correctly. Like theres always something small that makes it so he cant get it all done. Like sometimes theyll be holding onto something or he doesnt get the full spin in
>>
This dude is funny AJ styles styles clash is not the worst finisher. He is just a delusional troll.
>>
>>2990708
After watching that part again, you're right. But he basically no sold the first by dropping off the 2nd and throwing John on his head. He did kick out of one earlier in the match, though.
>>
File: romanreigns.jpg (127KB, 940x545px) Image search: [Google]
romanreigns.jpg
127KB, 940x545px
>>2990696
Nakamura kicked out of one AA, then got hit with a second and slipped out when Cena tried to roll through for the third. The double AA is basically Cena's new finisher, I don't think anybody's kicking out of it anytime soon.

Except. Y'know.
>>
>>2990738
Roman probably will kick out of it. Has anyone besides Styles and Punk kicked out of the Super AA? I feel like there's at least one other person who has.
>>
>>2990757
Owens.
>>
>>2990696
And yet I can name EVERYONE to have taken a Rainmaker and not immediately die.
Tanahashi
Naito
Omega
Shibata (kinda)
The Rainmaker is incredibly protected.
>>
>>2990764
It only gets kicked out at wrestle kingdom.
>>
>>2990770
Also Invasion Attack and Dominion
>>
>>2990764
yeah Shibata just died on the operating table a few hours later
>>
JBL did it better low key
>>
I fucking hate that every god damn finisher in NJPW now has the "Use it multiple times to beat an opponent"

It was cool when Nakamura did it with the Bomaye and Tanahashi with the High Fly Flow. Now it's fucking EVERYONE ALL THE TIME. You're overdoing the gimmick.
>>
>>2990807
>low key
Kys faggot
>>
The "Okada holds on to the opponent's arm after hitting the rainmaker" gimmick was cool when it was first done. Now it's done all the time, it has lost its appeal to me.
>>
>>2990809
It came from mutohs shining wizard and Inoki's double engurizi.

Difference is now they do it then go for the pin so you don't kick out of it.
>>
>>2990818
I thought it was pretty fresh when Nakamura started doing it with the Boma ye, though. I don't think anyone else in New Japan other than maybe Tanahashi was doing it.

Now, everyone does it.
>>
>>2990654
Being this upset you got called a JapDrone
>>
>>2990809
>>2990829
Based Cleaner only needs OWA to win a match.
>>
>>2990829
Used to be for lariats as well. In Ajpw/Noah kobashi/Misawa would make new finishers that can't be kicked out making the old finisher a move that just kills lower guy.

Kawada/Taue not so much.

Njpw version is just finishing touches. Nakamura did had guys kick out of his like Mutoh's wizard spam.

Okada just does it for fuckery like Tana.
>>
>>2990614
he pinned Mahal on tv with it before.
>>
>>2990903
Mahal has been a jobber 98% of his life he's been pinned by literally every move at one time or another
>>
>>2990640
Well Gedo is a big dusty mark, so he books like how dusty used to book back in Georgia Championship Wrestling
>>
>>2990829
>Now, everyone does it.
>>2990829
examples? Let's look at the G1. Evil only hits his finisher once, Omega only hits his finisher once, fat fuck fale only hits his finisher once, Goto only hits his finisher once unless you count the reverse, Tanahashi hasn't hit two in a long time, Sanada hasn't hit multiple moonsaults in a row in a year, fat fuck fale does it once...
Only guys that do it multiple times are Okada and Naito and only Okada does it almost every time.
>>
>>2990673
>at least Bryan had ability to put on great matches and actually got a reaction from the crowd
yeah, 30 minutes of never ending sidekicks and sperg chanting is really entertaining. what an unbelievable talent!
>>
>>2990690
This, the should only call the wrist lock one rainmaker and stick to lariat for the rest
>>
>>2990930
Those are top two guys. They took that tradition.

Sanada doing it was weird. But they're high on him.
>>
The only thing I really want to complain about is the whole Okada holds on to the guys wrist and the camera zooms in bit. Wish he could lay off doing it in every match.
>>
>>2991025
+18
Watch some ROH Bryan
>>
>>2991437
>never even had a ***** match
>>
>>2991025

>this faggott

Imagine not having been able to watch Bryan at his apex in ROH?
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.