[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Serious question. Not console wars shit. Why does WWE book venues

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0172.png (2MB, 807x1211px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0172.png
2MB, 807x1211px
Serious question. Not console wars shit. Why does WWE book venues that they can't fill? Seems to me if you have to tarp off a large part of the arena it's better to just book a venue you can fill completely.

I remember NJPW used to do this in the mid 2000s, booking expensive venues they couldn't fill even though they could back in the day. WWE is doing it now too, before they'd have the whole building packed but now they tarp off a large portion of the upper deck.
>>
WWE is like a middle aged balding man clinging to the last bits of hair left on its head, rather than just shaving that shit off like it should.
>>
>>2988134

That's an incredible analogy.

No, they're just delusional and think they're still able to fill arenas like they used to, as if they're still stuck in the 90's.
>>
>>2988129
I think there is something in the general philosophy of the two companies. NJPW is more concerned with the "sell-through" rate of their shows. They want to make sure that they never overpay for a venue or production and ensure that they get every bit of cash they can even if it means that some people are left wanting tickets. In turn, this allows them to up the price of tickets a bit while still selling out. This is mirrored by companies like Sony and Nintendo when they launch a new console. Production is slower and they stay safe knowing they didn't lose a bunch of money on gambling with a new product.

WWE is more concerned with potential income. If they *can* possibly fill that arena, they want the opportunity to be there. No one who wants a ticket should go without. WWE can afford to do this because they have other sources of income that can help make up for whatever losses they take on booking an oversized venue.

I also have to imagine the arena/venue situation is different in Japan than it is in America.

To;dr: WWE is more concerned with potential income. NJPW plays it safe as a smaller company to maximise their return on running live shows.
>>
>>2988129
Because they are delusional and still think they will sell out.

Do note however that these tours would be booked year+ in advance so WWE don't get fucked if an NBA or Ice Hockey game or some rando concert or exhibition convention books before you on the weekend you want to show up there.

I suspect they will quietly be booking smaller venues from now on.
>>
>>2988201

This.
>>
well in this case its cause Toronto doesn't have a medium venue except tthe ricoh

You either book the ACC which holds 17k for wrasslin or you book the ricoh which smells like horses year round and isnt near any public transit options except the gotrain and is far from population center. It also holds only 7k and they sold much more than 7k for raw and probably about 7k for smackdown, it doesn't really make sense to move all the equipment over to the ricoh for a day for smackdown.

For house shows though I agree 100%
>>
>>2988200
And also - gates from tickets are not THE priority for WWE. It's added money making, but their TV is their main income. For NJPW who has deadspot on TV and their streaming service is basically for western fans and not for japanese (cause of their culture and attitude toward OTT services) the money they make from ticket sale is THE main income.
That's the reason they will book hometown guy to main event (see Makabe during G1, he main evented with Goto arena only because he is from the area). And that's the reason they also have babyfaces win main events usually, so they can send crowd home happy.
If you go home happy cause the guy you were rooting for won at the end you are probably more willing to come for the next time they will come, even if it's only house show.
See difference in booking heels beating hometown babyfaces in WWE, cause they want people watching TV to hear angry boos.
>>
>>2988903
>Heels winning
>so that maybe they'll cheer and feel good when Roman wins

Ftfy
>>
File: image.gif (136KB, 239x699px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
136KB, 239x699px
>>2988129
Wrestling a declining niche.
>>
Keep in mind not all cities have multiple size arenas.

WWE tickets are more expensive than they were when they would sell out. Why do you think they do the buy 3 tickets get a 4th free? Not because they are desperate but because they most likely sold all their VIP seating ranging in $600+ tickets. Nothing to worry about as WWE still is raking in money.

Them tarping sections is nothing new, its been going on since 2002.
>>
>>2989986
People just have cameras now and its easier to report and others freak out.
>>
>>2989986
People just have cameras now and its easier to report and others freak out.
>>
I am almost positive I read somewhere that it's cheaper to book bigger arenas than smaller ones. Anyone know anything about that? I am trying to remember cause I wondered the same thing about late WCW and looked it up years ago.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.