[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Push Romanetty for nearly 5 years straight >WWE's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 2

File: 1469541551545.jpg (108KB, 640x378px) Image search: [Google]
1469541551545.jpg
108KB, 640x378px
>Push Romanetty for nearly 5 years straight
>WWE's business tanks

But hey, at least based big dog worked the smarks, right?
>>
Inb4 MUH RECORD REVENUE
>>
>>2984306

Record revenue doesn't mean anything when the profits aren't high, right?
>>
Based Big Dog working you into a shoot
>>
>>2984313
Right on cue. You do realise the WWE is out of business in the next 5 years, right?
>>
>>2984311
Nope. Revenue =/ Profits.
>>
>>2984321
5 years? huh? I though it was 2, more exactly, in 2019? What happened?
>>
>>2984295
>Roman Reigns retires The Undertaker at WM33
>Numbers coming out of WM were not where we expected them to be.

Really makes me think.
>>
>>2984328
That will honestly be number one on the 'Top 20 booking decisions that took wwe out of business' documentary.
>>
>>2984328
Why would people give a fuck about Undertaker?
When Bork shat on his streak, Undercarder was done, there was nothing special about him after that
>>
>>2984336
The booking plan is obvious: Bork ends Carder's legendary streak. Bork does not conclusively defeat Big Dog. Big Dog not only defeats Carder, he retires him. Big Dog will retire Bork. The problem is that Big Dog is not over enough too deserve this rub. He's not Hogan taking on the undefeated Andre the Giant. He's not Austin taking on the seasoned vet Shawn Michaels. Those guys were already big and just needed the gold to solidify their status.
>>
>>2984295
BASED BIG DOG WORKING THE OBESE VIRGINS INTO A FRENZY
>>
>vince handpicks roman to be the top guy
>crowd hates him
>vince handpicked lex lugar to be the top guy
>crowd doesn't give a shit

Has Vince ever managed to correctly pick the right guy? Hogan came ready made from another promotion, Stone Cold basically got himself over, same for The Rock even after getting saddled with that shitty ass gimmick.
>>
>>2984336
Undertaker was still the most beloved person on the roster. He felt special to people, and people didn't feel like Roman deserved the rub of retiring him. At this point, it's very obvious that the response to Roman going over the Undertaker rather than, say, Cena vs. Undertaker, really turned some people off.

Also I think the fact that they did it and then didn't turn Roman heel and he's still a smug prick babyface except now he goes "DIS MY YARD I RETIRED UNDERTAKER" every week really tweaks people too.

>>2984403
Wasn't Lex doing pretty well until SummerSlam?
>>
>But hey, at least based big dog worked the smarks, right?

living in ye head rent free
>>
>op constantly posting these "romanetty" threads and talking himself in it
sad, the bbdwtos meme got to his head too
>>
>>2984518
you are as stale as roman dude
>>
>>2984295
>my jew daddy meltz said it so it must be true

Hate to burst your bubble but wwe will be here even after two decades
>>
>>2984518
>rent free
that's all WWE can afford at the moment.
>>
>>2984537
epic
>>
>>2984523
Yea, probably booking some bingo halls.
>>
>>2984403
>Has Vince ever managed to correctly pick the right guy?

Warrior
>>
>>2984551
Wrestling will be dead the day wwe dies, you think anyone would want to wrestle in front of 100 people for the rest of their career?
>>
>Sign indie darlings and manlets
>Business tanks cause no one wants to watch charisma vacuums who know only how to do flips
>>
>>2984722

Oh right, that's why everyone loves Roman.

His charisma.
>>
>>2984751
>>2984751
No one tunes in to watch the vanilla midgets that's for sure.
>>
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/827569845101211648
>>
>>2984756
No ones tuning in at all
>>
>>2984334
Lets do this
>1. Fucking up the invasion angle
>2. Bork's 2014-2017 run of dominance being undone by a fucking 93 year old Goldberg and making the entire roster look weak and irrelevant because of it
>3. Royal Rumble 2015
>4. HHH's 2003 reign of terror
>4. Raw Guest Host Era
>5. The systematic burial of Zack Ryder obliterating locker room moral

What else?
>>
>>2984295
>Wrestling isn't cool anymore
>Pushes the most bland vanilla guy with the most basic moveset, taunts, and character possible to ensure it will never be cool again.
>>
>>2984765
Not the best set of weeks to say that..
>>
>>2984765
Exactly right cause the writing sucks and the roster is over-saturated with indie darlings no one cares about. Glad we got that straight.
>>
>>2984770

Come on dude, how can anyone survive a cocked superman punch? It's literally the most devastating move in the WWE universe.
>>
>>2984767
>>2. Bork's 2014-2017 run of dominance being undone by a fucking 93 year old Goldberg and making the entire roster look weak and irrelevant because of it
Eh I'm gonna defend this one. Goldberg was cool until they put the title on him. He felt really unique and they sold him beating Brock in a believable way and had Brock get his win back and thus reassert his dominance in a believable way.

There's been a lot of problems with Brock's run since 2014 and The Brock Problem and The Roman Problem are a fucking double-helix ourboros that are tied inextricably to each other, but, Goldberg has been one refreshing twist in the whole thing.
>>
>>2984774
You can make people care about anybody with good writing. That's the whole problem. The writing sucks. Blaming the talent just exposes your own biases.

And that includes Roman. You can't blame this shit on Roman, the person. He's trying his hardest and he's improved leaps and bounds in the past couple years.
>>
>>2984767
You only hate Goldberg's return cause you weren't born when he was in his prime. It was a great return mired only by bitter smarks.
>>
>>2984787

Exactly this. The writing is so fucking bad. I firmly believe if you fired nearly all the writers and just let the wrestlers talk for their own characters the entire goddamn product would improve immediately.

Hell even the COMMENTARY would improve.
>>
>>2984778
Goldberg return, while probably an exciting and nostalgically pleasing event in the short term did terrible, irreversible damage in the long term.
>>
>>2984774
Those indie darlings are more over than most of the same boring lames Vince has been peddling the last ten years. Just because you share his steroids and sweat fetish doesn't mean indie guys aren't good.
>>
>>2984802
Unfortunately you'd have to fire Vince too and that ain't happening.

>>2984803
I don't have any nostalgia for Goldberg, I started watching wrestling in 2016. I still think it was a really cool thing for them to do. I don't think Goldberg should've won the title. But Survivor Series, the Rumble and Wrestlemania were all really well done.

It didn't really do any long term damage, you just have to pay attention to how they built the matches and the story that got told by them. The Owens/Jericho feud was hurt by it, I'll grant, but Owens has done fine for himself since moving to SmackDown.
>>
>>2984787
Yes the writing blows chunks and is 99.9% of their problem but I also blame the lack of charisma in the locker room stemming from signing said indie darlings.

I haven't watched WWE since wrestlemania apart from a few clips here and there mostly of weird things like Jinder winning the title and it looks to still be the same old nonsense. I don't even care about what the Hardy's are doing cause it's most likely jobbing just like the Dudleyz did for a year straight.
>>
>>2984767
In the Reign of Terror's defense it did help make Batista a star. Otherwise, yes, it buried a baffling number of faces.

>>2984802
This is all too true. It would even improve from there over time as it would force talent to develop personalities that they have greater control of than before.
>>
>>2984808
How many new fans has Sami Zayn brought to wrestling? Answer honestly
>>
>>2984820
Your use of the phrase "indie darlings", again, you're just exposing your own bias, dude. The "lack of charisma" comes from fake, corporate scripted promos, yeah? That's not a problem that applies only to the indie guys, it applies to almost everybody. So why is the "lack of charisma" of the indie guys more notable than that of the homegrown guys.

"Indie guys" is such an arbitrary descriptor at this point anyway, an absolutely massive chunk of the roster is from the indies. The only top guys who are homegrown at this point are Cena, Roman, Braun, Randy and Brock. The fact that three of them are holdovers from 2002 and two of them are on their way out within a year says a lot, doesn't it?

For the record, the Hardys have been kept pretty strong since Mania, had a feud with Sheamus and Cesaro that ended with a banger of an Iron Man match and WERE going to feud with the Revival, but one of them got injured.
>>
>>2984860
Not that guy, but.

Zayn vs. Nakamura was basically my first match that I didn't watch on Dailymotion or whatever and I was immediately hooked, so. At least one.
>>
>>2984823
>Made Batista a star
>Excuses three years of burials and dominance
>Batista was moved to Smackdown anyway in favor of John Cena
>>
>>2984863
>an absolutely massive chunk of the roster is from the indies
Yes and that's a big problem.
>>
>>2984773
Oh cause RAW ratings were up by like 50 viewers cause Brock was on? Don't kid yourself bro
>>
>>2984860
Zayn's a lower midcard guy he's obviously not going to draw dimes. Who exactly are you talking about?
>>
>>2984896
How? The homegrown WWE guys aside from Braun all fucking suck dick too. Get your head out of your eco chamber and just realize the whole product sucks.
>>
>>2984767
>Royal Rumble 2015

to this day this match mystifies me. it's the single worst rumble ever done and the crowd knew it. there's more wrong with it than just bryan getting chucked out - several spots get fucked up, a bunch of popular young stars get buried by kane and show, and the worst part is roman winning.

a year prior when batista was clearly going to win the crowd was fucking pissed and cheering roman. somehow in a year of terrible booking WWE managed to turn a crowd cheering for an underdog roman reigns as a heel into literally everyone on the planet despising him as the top face.

fuck RR2015
>>
>>2984896
So what, if it was all homegrown guys like Jason Jordan and Roman Reigns and Bray Wyatt and Miz and Dolph Ziggler who are technically competent and maybe even extremely talented but are still booked like trash week in and week out, that'd be fine because they aren't from the indies?
>>
>>2984913
I already admitted the whole product sucks that's why I've watched like 4 maybe events in the entire past year.

And I already stated that indie darlings being brought in are not helping the company, they're just making things worse.
>>
>>2984918
This year's royal rumble was 10 times worse than that one.
>>
>>2984930
i cant even remember it so i guess youre right
>>
>>2984931
It's the one that had no memorable return spots and ended with Orton winning by tossing Roman out. But then Roman ended up main-eventing anyway.

That was the absolute last straw for me with this company. I hope WWE dies in the next 5 years.
>>
>>2984928
So you've only watched 4 events all year and yet you're acting you know what's wrong with the company? You're a retard bud
>>
>>2984918
The thing is, if you look at the Rumble from the outside:
>Bryan getting eliminated early
>Bray Wyatt going on a tear just to get dumped near the end with zero fanfare
>Kane and Big Show one-shotting a bunch of guys people actually like and dumping them out like bags of trash
>Final three being Big Show, Kane and Roman (with Rusev still under the ring), making it super fuckin' obvious who the winner's gonna be.

It's almost like they intentionally booked it to kill the guy who was gonna win, not get him over. Who would think winning in that way would get a guy over? You could only do that if you were operating under the assumption that people would hate the heels for eliminating the guys they like and thus, like the guy who eliminated them.

So basically the story of that Rumble is built on assuming the audience in MOTHERFUCKING PHILADELPHIA is a bunch of marks.

>>2984930
This year's Rumble was probably the best utilization of Roman Reigns ever.

>>2984931
Well it wound up 100% not mattering even a tiny fucking bit, so nobody can blame you there.
>>
Think about the current state of Smackdown. Fucking Jinder Mahal is the champion, they keep putting Orton in the main event scene, and Corbin has the fucking MiTB.

wew
>>
>>2984945
I watched every RAW, Smackdown, NXT between 2013-2015 and I only decided to stop last year in November. Yes I do know what's wrong with the company and I think it's you who'd have to be retarded to defend the current state of things.
>>
>>2984946
>This year's Rumble was probably the best utilization of Roman Reigns ever.
Roman was barely a part of this year's rumble, and even if Stone Cold came out at #30 and won it'd still have been the worst royal rumble ever, even worse than 2015's cause nothing memorable happened. I don't know why smarks have such a hate boner for Roman when it's pretty clear he's not the one in charge of booking horrific events like the 2016 royal rumble. An aspie could've done a way better job.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persona_and_reception_of_Roman_Reigns

there is a literal wikipedia article on roman not being accepted by the fans
>>
>>2984537
Anti-smark on suicide watch
>>
>>2984965
holy fuck this article is gold
>n late 2015, critics described WWE presenting Reigns' character as a "hard-luck underdog" chasing the world title,[52] with WWE having "spent an overwhelming amount of time" on Reigns, "bending over backwards to create new obstacles for him to overcome", "at the expense of almost everyone else on the roster".
>In 2015 and 2016, WWE has reportedly taken several measures to hide fans' disapproval of Reigns, this included: confiscating anti-Reigns fan signs,[57][58] editing out anti-Reigns fan signs for photos on their website,[59] muting hostile crowds (including at WrestleMania 32)[1][60] and piping in canned cheers during Reigns' appearances.[60][61] Dave Meltzer has stated: "I haven't seen this amount of censorship or this kind of cult of personality since I visited North Korea"
>>
>>2984295
WOATWOATWOATWOATWOATWOATWOATWOATWOATWOATWOATWOATWOATWOATWOATWOATWOATWOATWOATWOATWOATWOATWOATWOATWOATWOATWOATWOATWOATWOAT
>>
It's going to be a pleasure seeing WWE fail.

10 years from now, Neethammer will create a channel like NwoWolfcuc and try to explain to everyone how it was not Roman Nash fault that WWE went out of business
>>
>>2984403

Vince did pickl Rocky Maivia, of course, he did succed in the end but not in the way Vince intended.

>>2984564
>Warrior

Warrior underperformed as top guy, he did "ok" but was miles behind Hogan.
>>
File: RockyMaivia_1.jpg (29KB, 350x441px) Image search: [Google]
RockyMaivia_1.jpg
29KB, 350x441px
>>2985102

Yeah, he sure picked him and shot him straight to the top like Roman.
>>
>>2984295
BBDWTOS
>>
>>2985113
>and shot him straight to the top like Roman.
Underage b& detected
>>
>>2984946
>>2984918
I was at the 2015 Rumble and it was like a long slow car crash that started when Bryan was eliminated. It just kept going and getting worse.

That Brock v Cena v Rollins match was incredible (I don't think WWE's put on a better match since) and no one ever talks about it because of what happened after.
>>
>>2985580
Cena v. AJ was better but yeah that triple threat was great
>>
>>2985593
>Cena v. AJ was better
Literally wasnt
>>
>>2984767
You forgot turning pg in the mid 2000s
>>
>>2985580
That was the last really good Brock match too.
>>
>>2984791
I was a wrestling fan in Goldbergs prime.
He sucked then & is worse now.
He did nothing to help the business
>>
>>2985620
>He did nothing to help the business
Okay bitter smark
>>
>>2984537
DING DONG DIDDLY ANTI-SMARKS BTFO
>>
>>2984767
Cooling down a white hot CM Punk in 2011 should be on the list

WWE literally had a new Austin on their hands who was bringing in main stream attention to the product but that Lightning in a bottle got smashed quick because Haitch was an egotistical fuckstain.
>>
>>2985622
Yeah he did so good burying the WCW roster they're still around...
& don't forget about the record wwe ratings his 1st & 2nd run drew...
You're fucking retarded, go jack off to your "big guy"
>>
>>2985671
>burying

I don't think you know what that word means
>>
>>2985682
Burying = what he did to the whole roster when he beat Bork in 30 seconds. Nobody can beat him but a 90+ retiree, kinda makes everybody else look like losers
>>
>The match lost something because it was start, move, near ten count, then move. The ten counts were too frequent so they meant less. Reigns pulled out a table and gave Strowman a Samoan drop through the table but Strowman beat the cunt.

What did Dave Meltzer mean by this?
>>
>>2984767
I sure hope these aren't in any specific order
>>
>>2985730
Okay, I'm gonna explain this to you.

The story of the match isn't that Goldberg beat Brock because Goldberg was stronger than Brock.

The story of the match is that Brock and Heyman took Paul lightly. They thought he was an old, useless fucker and that with the run Brock was currently on, he'd rip Goldberg apart, cash the fucking check and leave.

So. The match starts. Brock picks up Goldberg, slams him into the corner. Goldberg is unfazed and shoves Brock down, to his surprise, because Brock expected Goldberg to immediately crumble.

Brock is like "Haha, okay, you got me that time, buddy, that's cute, good job." And then he stands back up and as he does, he turns his back on Goldberg.

Spear.

Goldberg Spears the everliving shit out of Brock. Brock wasn't expecting this. He wasn't defending himself. He had NO IDEA that Goldberg still had this kind of strength at his age. He's taken completely by surprise by this and as a result, his ribs are cracked and he can't breathe.

Everything came from Brock underestimating Goldberg and letting him hit that first spear. Now Brock is badly injured, he stumbles around like he's been shot. Spear. Jackhammer. 1-2-3.

The story isn't "Goldberg > Brock and Brock > The Whole Roster, so Goldberg > The Whole Roster". The story is "Brock underestimated Goldberg, Goldberg is a lot older and he only has two moves left, but they hit like a fucking truck."
>>
>>2985744
desu at Strowman's size that's the only way you can describe him having sex.
>>
>>2985760
Thanks for spelling it out for us Vince but it was still stupid & most people didn't look that deep into it. It's seen as a bullshit burial of the whole roster by Oldberg
>>
>>2984403
Luger was really popular in WCW and the crowd did like him until they booked him like shit in the WWF.
>>
>>2985791
Well considering Heyman said all of this outright in a promo, have you considered that you just aren't paying attention?
>>
>>2985800
Yeah my bad I forgot to watch wrestling for the 9 hours of talking
>>
>>2985671
>burying the WCW roster
You're clearly underage so I won't even bother taking this further. Not even the WWE network can help you.

>ratings
He definitely helped ratings last year when Kevin Owens was driving away viewers with his horrific title reign.
>>
>>2985804
>I watch wrestling for the wrestling xD
No wonder wrestling is becoming a dying fad.
>>
>>2985872
>He definitely helped ratings last year when Kevin Owens was driving away viewers with his horrific title reign.

His promos are so fucking bad, but I figure that's the writing. I think his delivery is fine, it's just the content that's godawful.
>>
>>2985884
The best way to describe him is "try-hard"
>>
>>2984311
Record revenue means more people are getting paid than ever

Everyone's happy including the stockholders. Vince is the only one who should care, but he clearly doesn't
>>
>>2985877
Good thing for you though is when wwe does die you can just go up stair & watch your moms stories with her.
>>
>>2985872
Everyone on the WCW roster was a jobber compared 2 Greenberg, so if he's not on tv what's the point of watching? Somehow this is a good thing in your world
>>
>>2985923
>>2985877
both of you are immense faggots
>>
>>2985967
Project a little more buddy
>>
>>2985984
>le projection meme
stay mad
>>
>>2984311
It depends. In the short term, pfoffits are more important, and USUALLY in the long term. However, WWE has been going out of their way to take the top guy(s) away from every "competing" promotion with fat stacks of cash, and then, because they only really hired them so the other promotions WOULD have them, don't really know how to use them. Basically there are a lot of people who are being paid large sums of money NOT to wrestle for other companies, rather than to draw for WWE. In the short term, this will increase costs a LOT, but after a year or two, once their contracts expire and they've been sufficiently buried that a triumphant return to their old promotion would be about as successful as CM punk's MMA debut, the massive overhead from this tactic will disappear, meaning continued record revenue will mean record profit in the long term.
>>
>>2984946
Can you imagine if RR '16 came down to Wyatt, Rusev, and Reigns? Especially if they got their shit together and eliminated Kane and Big Show? That is how you make stars.
>>
>>2985649
Say what we will now about Philip Brooks but he was inarguably on fire in 2011.
>>
>>2985755
Whether he did or not, WWE/F fucking up the invasion angle is an unquestionable #1. There is not any misstep from WWE greater than this.

WWF could've made something amazing out of this but Vince just had to grind it deep that WWF beat WCW. He used this angle to stroke his own penis and wrestling was never as hot a commodity ever again
>>
Record revenue and merchandise sales when roman won the title at mania and beat AJ twice in a row

Low revenue when roman jobs to undertakers retirement at mania and then loses to braunschweig strawman 5 times in a row and gets taken off TV for a month

Really makes me think
>>
>>2986421
True I was more thinking about the Goldberg thing at #2
>>
>>2986495
>jobs to undertakers retirement at mania
Are you saying that he lost at Mania?
>>
>>2984537
I N C I N E R A T E D
>>
>>2984537
Decimated
>>
>>2984295
5 years straight? Are you retarded? And I'm not defending Boreman Lames, but you are seething hard here.
Which one of your beloved vanilla midgets did not get a push so that you are projecting now?
In this time we had the likes of cuck man phil, the goat-man, sethetty, the balding idiot that loves hot-dogs in the main event (and I'm definately forgetting someone).
They were proven to be as much as ratings killers as Roman Reigns is, some even bigger (like Bryan, Deanetty).
Face it, this business is unsavable in the west, no one cares about wrestling anymore, except for Japs and this very vocal minority that smarks are.
The rest is here just to get laughs from the dying now wwe drones group, smarks and other freaks, while wishing this business dies already.
>>
>>2987635
>the balding idiot
>(and I'm definately

Who's "definately" the idiot here?

Bryan was the final WWE World Champion to average over 3+ in Nielsen ratings.
>>
>>2984573
Reminder that recent NJPW PPVs have better attendance than recent WWE PPVs
>>
>>2984953
You don't even know enough about being literate to understand what he's saying, nevermind the clearest problems of WWE

>>2984774
kek IMAGINE being this petulantly salty
>>
>>2984295
Roman is a nigger, WWE fucked up when they decided to try to make a nigger the face of their company.
>>
>>2984322
>worked
>>
>>2985755
The invasion angle was definitely number 1. Beginning of the end for the WWE, they have been on the downward spiral since then. There was a slight drop in viewers before it but that could have just been a correction after the boom that was 2000. If they had booked the Invasion angle to it's full potential it not only would have been amazing, but they could have avoided the constant decrease in viewers over the past 15 years.
>>
>>2986421
>>2988559
>it hurts guys
>>
the worst business decision they've made in the past five years was putting every ppv on the network. rumble mania and summerslam should've been kept ppv for the big money.
>>
>>2988629
hi Dave!
Thread posts: 119
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.