[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>With a few days left before Royal Rumble, WWF is expecting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

>With a few days left before Royal Rumble, WWF is expecting close to 50,000 to be in attendance. As of a few days ago, almost 29,000 tickets had been sold. They've been heavily papering the city (giving away free tickets) and are hoping for a big walk-up crowd the day of the show. This show has seen some of the heaviest local promotion ever, with tons of radio and TV ads, "literally millions" of coupon discount codes on cans of Dr. Pepper and at Taco Bell locations throughout southern Texas, and custom commentary on WWF TV shows airing in the area where they are heavily pushing ticket sales. The PPV will be blacked out throughout southeastern Texas so if you live in the area, the only way to see it is to be there live. That being said, WWF has pretty much quietly admitted that the show won't be a sellout. But they've been hyping the 71,000-seat capacity on TV so much that they may still claim there are 71,000 people there even if it's nowhere close. As for the show itself, Dave predicts Shawn Michaels to win the title and Bret Hart to win the Rumble match, although they may try to throw a swerve, with some sort of disputed ending, and have someone else win the Rumble. But with that being said, Shawn vs. Bret is still the plan for WM13.

Do you think part of the reason why Shawn "lost his smile" is because he knew he wasn't drawing a dime as the "the guy"

I can't believe some people call this guy the GOAT, the WWE network would not exist if it wasn't for Austin saving the company. And WWE love to use the WWE network to hype up guys like HHH and HBK
>>
>Royal Rumble (1997) was the tenth annual Royal Rumble professional wrestling pay-per-view (PPV) event produced by the World Wrestling Federation (WWF). It took place on January 19, 1997, from the Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas. The attendance of 60,477 is the highest recorded in the Royal Rumble's history.
>>
>>2983894
most of the tickets where given away free, did you even read what was posted in OP?
>>
>>2983890
This site is not for people under the age of 18.
>>
>Shawn wearing a Homer Simpson shirt
>ywn see wrestlers wearing casual clothing that regular people wear again because everyone has to be a walking mannequin for their own merch now
>>
Wait... so Austin won the 97 rumble, but what did he get for winning it? I'm looking through some stuff and I can't see where he ever got a title shot. I know it didn't used to be "win rumble get mania shot" but what did he get?
>>
Shawn was just an awful face. His gimmick wasn't built for the 90's, where darker/edgier content was selling, and Shawn himself came off as very phony.
>>
>>2983904
He cheated. He was eliminated, but came back in to eliminate Bret Hart. So he technically won, but it was part of a storyline. That planted the seeds for Bret Hart's eventual heel turn, and if I remember right, Austin was either given the shot on a RAW or they did some sort of fatal four way. I think it was the fatal four way at an In Your House...can't remember. Cause Taker/Sid main evented that year.
>>
>>2983906

yeah it was the fatal four way at In Your House. Pretty bad reward for winning the rumble but it makes sense considering the cheating so it sounds like it makes sense.
>>
Fuck Shawn, he just didnt want to job

No one forfeited as many titles as Shawn in history
>>
Based Shawn living in ya head rent free
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.