[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm having trouble understanding the indie logic on this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: WWEdevelopmental.jpg (118KB, 825x464px) Image search: [Google]
WWEdevelopmental.jpg
118KB, 825x464px
I'm having trouble understanding the indie logic on this board. You guys bad mouth the old school body builders yet all the indy darlings grew up watching them, they are the inspiration for them. Most of these guys just emulate the attitude era style of wrestling which was headlined by Austin, Rock, Triple H, Goldberg and the mainstays like Hogan, Nash, Flair, and Sting. All of them are big guys, the majority of the top guys were big guys during the entire history of wrestling.

Now, let's look at some facts some of you will have trouble digesting. The two worse eras in wrestling were the New Generation and the current era. What do these both have in common? Lack of bodybuilding type wrestlers. The New Generation had Bret and Shawn while the top big guys were in WCW, which was had it's best period during this time. The current era, does has a lack of big guys. Vince has given plenty of indy guys pushes (Punk, Bryan, Owens, Balor, Styles) and the ratings are bad. The only time they do good is when Cena is champion.

You can post all you want how NJPW and ROH are popular, but the fact is they do not come close to the other WWE eras, and they haven't even matched there worse. You can delude yourself into thinking one day they will, but they won't.
>>
>>2982860
brainwashing is a really bad thing these days, someone should get OP some help
>>
>>2982863
Brain washed indy cuck who can't come up with a thoughtful rebuttal so just makes baseless statement trying
>>
>>2982860
Great post. Keep fighting the good fight.
>>
File: DFWIJ2mUMAAaxzh.jpg (198KB, 1033x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DFWIJ2mUMAAaxzh.jpg
198KB, 1033x1200px
Yes, I agree NJPW should push Kitamura.
>>
>>2982860
Your argument doesn't take into account any variables besides body type which should already tell you it's flawed.
>creative
>booking
>Talent
>Marketing
>Merchandising
>Alternatives
>cultural forces

All of these feed into the success of a company, not just whether they have "Big guys" or not.
>>
>>2983056
Big guys market better and sell more merchandise. Cultural forces aren't a factor, you're overthinking it. Booking does have something to do with it. Roman is finally face another big guy in Braun, people are eating it up
>>
>>2983093
Oh...you're an idiot. I'm sorry
>>
>>2983101
I'm sorry no one wants to watch small indy darlings on national television, please give me a large list of smaller guys who were major draws in the US. I'm sure you'll respond with a some names that may or may not be major draws and I will say "ok, now compare that to all the major draws who were big guys". Maybe then you will realize the list of big guys who are major draws is substantially bigger and undeniable.
>>
>>2983108
most small indy guys look like fags. nobody wants to watch AJ Styles and the young cucks
>>
>>2982860
>The only time they do good is when Cena is champion.
The numbers (aka facts) say different.
>>
>>2983101
It took you that long to figure it out?
>>
/asp/ hate Indy darlings. Wtf
>>
>>2983146
Cena is the the top merchandise seller and he isn't even full-time anymore
>>
>>2982918
They have high hopes for the bigger rookies. Historically manlets and juniors never drew record rating or merch.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.