[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do so many people take this guy's words as gospel when

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Jim_Cornette_bio.png (922KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
Jim_Cornette_bio.png
922KB, 900x506px
Why do so many people take this guy's words as gospel when he doesn't have a clue about what works in today's business?
>Wants Kenny omega black balled from the business for wrestling a blow up doll and little girl years ago
>Omega then singlehandedly sells out an ROH with more attendance than Jim ever got while booking ROH
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>2976990
don't get worked into a shoot. Jim knows he pisses people off so that they'll talk about him more

I wouldn't even be surprised if he and Omega were friends irl
>>
>>2976999
This, most shoot interviews are actually worked by the wrestlers to get more controversy and attention
>>
>>2976999
/thread
>>
The same reason you cucks take Meltzer's word as gospel.

I think both of them are full of shit most of the time before anyone reeeees at me.
>>
He's right about that faggot Joey Ryan but apart from that I don't care
>>
I think it's more about how media influences your thought process.

Cornette has been involved in the business both in ring and behind the scenes. He likes to talk and so a lot of guys are going to listen to this mover and shaker.

This is contrasted with Meltzer who's only ever written for magazines and how so many smarks (especially younger ones) believe whatever he says as absolute gospel.

The 2 men often have completely opposite viewpoints a lot of the time, so when somebody uses Meltzer logic there's always some contrarian who decides to use Cornettes logic. And vice versa.
>>
He's talking about taking the business seriously, which they actually do in NJPW but other promotions dont which is why wrestling IS seen as a joke by most people in the US and we barely have any regular marks who arent nerds or smallchildren, and why ROH will be packed with smarks but will never becomeanything even close to relevant with any casual fans or regular people, and is NJPW's tool, living in its shadow.
>>
>>2977031
Reminder that Kenny Omega's ROH show already outsold a Smackdown this year
>>
>>2976990
>Kenny omega black balled from the business for wrestling a blow up doll and little girl years ago
>little girl
Did he really wrestle a little girl, and what was the context?
>>
>>2977066
he did. it was just banter
>>
>>2977034
>OMG a single Smackdown.

The state of outlel wrestling
>>
>>2977073

It was worse then most of the PG fed shit. Which is saying something considering how shit that was.
>>
>>2977080
I thought WWE is so far above every other promotion they're untouchable e-Drone ;)

>>2977066
It was for a comedy promotion (no, t WWE)
>>
I doubt anyone here's going to listen to two hours of Cornette talking about ring psychology and wrestling storytelling but this is really fucking good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJHBzvTrGWc

He's fundamentally right about wrestling. People accuse him of being too old school and not understanding what people want now but almost everything he complains about there is the same stuff people bitch about constantly.

Cornette's problem isn't that his approach is outdated, it's that he lets his personal grudges turn him against people to the point that he refuses to acknowledge anything they do as being good. Except Joey Ryan, who really does lick balls.
>>
>>2976990
You have been worked.
>>
>>2977190
Cornette's stint as bookerman for ROH was a disaster
>>
>>2977095
They're in a downward spiral for 15 years straight, at some point the biggest indie company would outdraw them in attendance (not in ratings though)
>>2977216
Even Meltzer said Cornette saved ROH
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.