[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>hehe e drone >weeb outlaw haha Were people on the internet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (66KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66KB, 400x400px
>hehe e drone
>weeb outlaw haha
Were people on the internet this autistic about WCW vs WWE? This is console war levels of pathetic
>>
Yep. They were just as annoying. Up until about the fall of 99 at which point pretty much everybody banded together to mock WCW, all the way up to the final Nitro then both sides were collectively happy for an invasion/"new WCW".
>>
>>2968899
Not really. I was on AOL,Prodigyand newsgroups back in the mid/late 90s and while you had some that preferred one promotion to another, there was not nearly as much shit slinging. Then again, people would actually make coherent posts and even trolling was more eloquent. The sad state of places like /asp/ has more to do with the dumbing down of internet culture and modern "memes" than the state of professional wrestling itself.
>>
>>2968923
Also wrestling fans were generally nicer to each other. You would make friends online and actually send wrestling tapes back and forth to each other (there was no youtube or streaming video sites, video compression formats were huge and bloated) so to watch indy or foreign wrestling you would trade tapes. This seems crazy to many people now, as this meant you had to trust someone you met on the internet and give them a physical address. I cannot imagine doing this with anyone here.
>>
>>2968923
>>2968937
Sounds like the internet was better when the majority of users were adults
>>
>>2968899
I was a teenager and a huge WCW mark during the MNW, to the point that I didn't watch WWF at all and stopped watching wrestling for 10 years when WCW went under. I lost the console war, but I had a lot of fun watching back then. It doesn't really matter as long as you're enjoying what you watch.
>>
>>2968899
Imagine liking a product that likes to shit on the fans mouth constantly. You will call that people stupid ain't you?.
>>
>>2968955
State of this post
>>
>>2968899
>>2968911
Yep, and eDrones were always delusional assholes in the wrong, as usual. The cancers that make being wrestling fan embarrassing.
>>
>>2968899
Fuck the Internet fans OP. During the Monday Night Wars, you didn't have to be a fan anonymously - EVERYBODY loved wrestling and talked about it openly in public.

Was there a WWF vs WCW mentality? Not really. It was more about idividual wrestlers or factions (DX or nWo, Rock or Austin, etc).

It was an era where kids in dorms would have two TVs in their rooms (one playing RAW one playing Nitro) and the whole floor gathered around, fake wrestling eachother when shit got dull.

It was an era when kids got suspended for wearing DX shirts and got suspended for telling teachers to "suck it". An era of backyard wrestling. An era of sex and violence that we'll never see again.

I weep for you fans nowadays having to endure a vocal minority on the Internet rattle on about wwe vs njpw and hide from the real world as you do it.
>>
>>2968899
Making a new thread to complain about it is just as bad as actually doing it.

Goes in all fields
>>
>>2968937
Fuck yeah, I miss the days of tape trading. I would buy full shows and then make compilations of just the best matches to trade with peeps. I remember there was a dude named Lynch who would print off 40 - 60pages of nothing but his new tapes every few months and send you his list through the mail. Thats how I was exposed to alot of japanese promotions.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.