[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

new to wrestling, can someone give me a rundown as to how this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1

File: 978-vince_russo-wcw-1891839-1.png (204KB, 424x318px) Image search: [Google]
978-vince_russo-wcw-1891839-1.png
204KB, 424x318px
new to wrestling, can someone give me a rundown as to how this man kept a job for so long?
>>
he drew dimes
>>
>>2958670
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUQfn_EinOE
>>
>>2958665
he created the Attitude Era bro.
>>
>>2958665
Can I be honest with you bro?
>>
>>2958724
sure
>>
>>2958665
he gives great head
>>
>>2958665
dental plan
>>
>>2958753
lisa needs braces
>>
>BRO
>>
He drew the ratings. Without him there would have not been Attitude Era.
>>
>>2958665
He saved wrestling
>>
>>2958665
Easily the best writer any wrestling company has ever had, one of the best heels in wrestling history, forward thinking with a clear, concise vision that nobody else can even approach. Not stuck in the past or beholden to bullshit tradition, truly the GOAT.
>>
>>2958676
Explain the fire russo chants? I never watched TNA because I'm not a fucking loser. No offense.
>>
oftentimes the people who run wrestling will give a million second chances before they give a first chance
>>
>>2958832
russo barely had any "fans" to begin with and his awful ideas were exposed the second he quit wwf. the semi-regular shilling of him here is just a low quality meme
>>
>>2958665
Job on a pole match.
>>
He's the wrestling version of Jeff Fisher.

He managed to not fuck up with an insanely stacked roster, so people kept giving him chances over and over.
>>
>>2958832
back in the day bro people blamed him solely for the death of WCW since he was both shoot and kayfabe the public face of the company.

and it's followed him everywhere he's gone since.
>>
>>2958676
That wasn't his idea ha. He got hired the same day they did that match.
>>
>>2958832
He didn't create that idea. Marks are dumb and they think he did.
>>
Vince Russo is SOLELY responsible for the horrible state of the industry today.
>>
>>2958665
he was the true architect of the attitude era
>>
Created the Attitude Era and dragged the WWF kicking and screaming into it's mos successful period in it's entire history.

Fucked up his legacy by going full retard in WCW, but that doesn't diminish what he did.

WWE has been on a steady decline ever since he left.
>>
Created the Attitude Era and dragged the WWF kicking and screaming into it's mos successful period in it's entire history.

Fucked up his legacy by going full retard in WCW, but that doesn't diminish what he did.

WWE has been on a steady decline ever since he left.
>>
>>2960568
that's such a brief period of his career, i have alot of respect for him in that period.

but at the end of the day everything flows through vince(mcmahon) anyway, meaning we've never seen anything that wasnt exactly what he intended.
>>
>>2960584
Everything flows through McMahon but Russo (and Ferrara) wrote the scripts for the shows.
>>
>>2958665

He helped turn failed babyface Rocky Maivia into the Rock, midcarder Hunter Hearst Helmsly into the Game Triple H, silent technician the Ringmaster into Stone Cold Steve Austin, Mic Foley into a dynamic and interesting multi-faceted character, and squeaky clean commentator Vince McMahon into the evil corporate villain.

Imagine all the characters today who are in a rut, going no-where, and running in place. Think about Ziggler, Ambrose, Wyatt. Realize how much wasted potential is happening before your eyes. If only there was a creative mastermind to take advantage of the possibilities.

Shane McMahon was just in a freakin' "helicopter crash" bro, and the company totally no-sold it on TV. Russo would have made the entire episode of Smackdown around that real life drama, blurring the lines between reality and fantasy.

Today everything feels plastic and predictable, due to the lack of creative vision, and the failure to take advantage of fresh storyline opportunities right under our noses.
>>
>>2961282
/ALL ARGUMENTS AGAINST RUSSO
>>
>>2961282
BASED
>>
>>2961282
NO WONDER THEY CALL HIM

BIG DIMES RUSSO
>>
>>2958665

He had a very good sales pitch and a lot of people fell for it until it was too late.
>>
based
>>
Russo from 96-99 was at his creative peak. After that in both WCW and TNA his writing was alternately cringworthy bad or just watered down rehashes of his attitude era stuff. Thing is I think every creative type has a finite amount of energy (for lack of a better term). Russo's run was three years and in that time he along with Ferarra were the ones most responsible for turning WWEs ship around.
>>
>>2963345
Russo didn't do jack-fucking-shit in '1996.
>>
>>2960584
>but at the end of the day everything flows through vince(mcmahon) anyway
Bull

FUCKING

Shit!

Russo didn't need to get Vince's stamp of approval on ANY of his ideas. They went with them all! They kept what worked and scrapped what didn't. He never got any shot down! THERE WAS NO FUCKING FILTER because guess what? McMahon doesn't fucking know any better than anybody. In fact, he's one of the worst at knowing what draws and what doesn't. He more responsible for killing his company than anyone because he's busy licking ass for corporate dollars instead of trying to get the fans money.
>>
Bro, wrestling fans are all secretly homosexuals. Not me, of course.
>>
>>2963562
I think Russo really respected Vince and knew he had a knack for the business and wrote accordingly. e.g., to the best of his abilities and didn't try to get any shit past him. As a result, he flourished. Oh, and while Vince might not have rejected 99% of it, Russo has said that he DID make lots of tweaks where things didn't quite make sense or work. Russo calls Vince a genius in that regard (and knowing what works and what doesn't)

When Russo went to WCW the company was run like shit and there was no head honcho on Vince's level, so Russo probably felt like he knew better than everyone and didn't have someone to keep him in check (implicitly or explicitly) and hence WCW in 00-01.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.