[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else not really understand why nWo gets so highly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault1.jpg (138KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault1.jpg
138KB, 1280x720px
Does anyone else not really understand why nWo gets so highly rated? They appeared on No Way Out in 2002, but they only lasted a few months, and then they ultimately got buried by the only proven draws in the business Rock and Austin (also Hogan when he turned on them). DX lasted longer than that so they had a bigger impact on the business.
>>
>>2957356

Go watch some WCW you stupid jew.
>>
They only had a year and a half of a good run.

Should have ended at Starrcade 1997 and then build for a Bret vs Hogan match
>>
>>2957356
>only lasted a few months
Que?
>>
>>2957469

Debut at No Way Out in 2002 and then quad tears 5 or 6 months later.
>>
Ah I see the joke is that OP does not understand that NWO has its origins in the WCW and is only aware of their WWE work in which they were very poorly handled.

Well memed amigo!
>>
>>2957362
WWE says I'm not supposed to watch WCW so I don't.
>>
>>2957356
>>2957475
>>2957499
>pretending to be retarded this hard
>falseflagging this hard
>>
>>2957508
Surely you aren't disobeying the orders from Stamford comrade?
We aren't supposed to watch WCW, we're supposed to just criticise it based on points they provide us.
Why are you being a bad WWE fan Anon? Stop breaking the rules of good conduct.
Don't make me report you to the discipline council.
>>
>>2957515
>the discipline council.

What do they do: force somebody to watch RAM?
>>
File: 1492943624763.gif (868KB, 200x179px) Image search: [Google]
1492943624763.gif
868KB, 200x179px
>>2957523
R E K T
>>
WCW was shit so anything that was 'successful' in WCW doesn't count.

WCW dimes don't count; Nash never drew any dimes that mattered.
>>
Boy this thread sure isn't funny.
>>
>>2957665
worked into not finding something funny
>>
>>2957665
worked into not finding something funny
>>
It went on a bit too long. I went off WCW around 1997, tuned back in during 1999 and was shocked the NWO thing was still ongoing
>>
yeah nwo was the start of vince being senile and coming up with wacky storylines
>>
File: 1493164954975.png (770KB, 1024x749px) Image search: [Google]
1493164954975.png
770KB, 1024x749px
>>
>>2957356

This is bad bait. Come on /asp/ we can do better then this.
>>
>>2958680
WORKED
DX > NWO
>>
>>2957356
You had to experience it live to understand it. Those guys were the epitome of cool
>>
>>2958970
Don't fall for the eDrone bait.
>>
>>2959173
This is true, but it's also worth it to point out that if you didn't live through those times, the Monday night war times, or you were too young to remember it, you really have no idea just how OVER wrestling was. A person could make as much of an impact and draw as many dimes in 2 months back then it would take a year today because so many people were totally loving wrestling and there was lots of money to go around. Everyone bitches that Vince is making a fraction of what he was making back then, but those years were HUGE aberration. Wrestling has historically and will for the most part always be a low profit margin venture, but it got so fucking hot for a couple of years that its gonna make the next century look like shit until all the current fans were born well after the attitude era finished
>>
>>2959347

It's also hard because most of those who experienced the rock & wrestling boom in the eighties that was possibly even bigger culturaly then attitude. They got 2 separate enormous booms and don't seem to understand that wrestling isn't always booming.
>>
>>2959454
The 90s boom was bigger culturally than the 80s boom. Sadly, there are no booms left.
>>
I'm in the middle of watching Beyond the Ring NWO special right now. I was a teenager during the MNW and a huge WCW mark, but I had completely forgotten about Hogan's promos in the NWO. I now realize that he's the character Kenny Omega is currently playing. The mannerisms, the way he speaks. Omega is channeling/ripping off Hollywood Hogan in almost every promo he's done in the last year.
Just thought that was interesting.
>>
I'm in the middle of watching Beyond the Ring NWO special right now. I was a teenager during the MNW and a huge WCW mark, but I had completely forgotten about Hogan's promos in the NWO. I now realize that he's the character Kenny Omega is currently playing. The mannerisms, the way he speaks. Omega is channeling/ripping off Hollywood Hogan in almost every promo he's done in the last year.
Just thought that was interesting.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.