[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Apart from Vince, what was Austin's best rivalry? >Bret

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: austin.jpg (155KB, 1008x456px) Image search: [Google]
austin.jpg
155KB, 1008x456px
Apart from Vince, what was Austin's best rivalry?
>Bret
>Undertaker
>Rock
>Triple H
>Angle

Considerations (but not a formula);
- Who brought out the best in Austin?
- Who did Austin bring the best out of?
- Which overall brought the most to the show/company?
- And which was your personal favorite?
>>
Bret and anyone who says otherwise is under 18
>>
>>2940680
Apart from Vince, what was Austin's best rivalry?

>Rock

Considerations (but not a formula);
- Who brought out the best in Austin?
>Bret
- Who did Austin bring the best out of?
>Triple H
- Which overall brought the most to the show/company?
>The Rock
- And which was your personal favorite?
>Angle
>>
Rock is the best feud not Vince
>>
>>2940680
Rock. Always the Rock. For all the faults either of them might have had, they carried each other perfectly.

Still get hype when I hear "My Way."
>>
Vince first, Bret second. It feels intuitive to say Rock third, but I actually think the entire Austin Undertaker run was booked extremely well - it emphasised how different they were, but set them as very equal in terms of power levels and intelligence. The nice way they would force them into co-operating for an unwanted tag title reign was smart, too.

The Undertaker feud was just more memorable than either Rock or Angle, though in some ways those were both unmatched in entertainment value too.
>>
Bret.

>>2940959
>The nice way they would force them into co-operating for an unwanted tag title reign was smart, too.

I felt that was standard stuff. Hell, it was better done with Shawn/Austin. When Paul and Undertaker were planning to disembowel Austin, send Kane to the nut house, and Undertaker swerved everyone by dressing up as Kane, I liked their feud. Taker never felt like a major threat, though. Austin was beating both his and Kane's ass in a handicap match once and then he's revealed to be Vince's bitch instead of wanting WWE as his to lord over. Vince being the higher power brings down Ministry Taker.

On the other hand, Rock/Austin was always good. Austin throwing the IC title in the river, Rock as the corporate champ is a much better foil than Taker could be, Austin costing Rock the title, Rock taking Austin's custom belt, Rock throwing him in the river, Austin destroying Rock's car, Rock's face turn, team up against Ministry, and so on while having good matches.
>>
>>2940680
The Bret feud. It made him a main eventer and was the backbone for WWF's GOAT year.
>>
I AIN'T NO SEXY BOY BRET
>>
Taker - Summerslam 1998 did a monster buyrate, the second highest ever non Wrestlemania event (1st was Invasion)
Also 1999 Ministry Taker was the highest ratings ever in the company, Austin winning the title on RAW was the highest rated segment ever.
>>
>>2941141
I DON'T DANCE SON
>>
>>2941141
>>2941149
GOAT feud
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DV0RHVteLs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ft2erDvZWYc
>>
>>2941145
Taker was always with Vince though

the feud was Vince vs Austin but Undertaker was Vince's guy to wrestle austin
>>
>>2941258

Not true at all. Did you even watch it?

Summerslam was pretty much face v face and Taker was against Vince in the months building up to it.

Even after Taker turned heel and joined with Kane they werent with Vince, they attacked him and put him in a wheelchair.

Only time he was under Vince was when he was revealed as the higher power, which came a couple weeks after he won the title in 1999.
>>
>>2941258
Sorry pal, Highway to Hell was solely Austin and Taker and it's probably the most successful show they ever did considering it wasn't WrestleMania and the only non-WM card to beat it was Invasion, which was essentially a 5-year build, and it still barely beat it.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.