[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright, call me a Cornette drone all you want, but I can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2714.png (113KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2714.png
113KB, 640x1136px
Alright, call me a Cornette drone all you want, but I can't be the only one bothered by this right? They just seem like snarky geeks but everyone I calling them "awesome" for this just because DUDE THEYRE USING INSIDER TERMS I UNDERSTAND THEM I FEEL LIKE I'M A PART OF THE BUSINESS. But really all they did was use breaking kayfabe as a crutch instead of thinking up an actual answer because they wouldn't be over at all if they didn't do stuff like this.
>>
>>2937749
Fuck the young cucks.
>>
>>2937749
LITERALLY worked.
>>
>>2937749
You know what their gimmick is? You know they are working social media feud with team they can't have a match with? You know they did the same with New Day? They found a niche that works for them and they have fun when they are on the road so much.
Either you are the guy who asked him that stupid question and you got your feelings hurt or you are really stupid. Not idiot, just stupid, go back to grade school, or maybe better, learn what life is.
>>
>>2937749
It's a joke, you fucking mark.
>>
>>2937749
I hate the young bucks, but this is the kind of shit I would do if I was a pro wrestler.
The fact that it pisses people off is enough, but that shit was funny as fuck.
>>
>>2937767
Holy shit you're this fucking mad that I insulted your internet darling? Grow up and realize you're sucking off a bunch of childish geeks.
>>2937774
Jokes are supposed to be funny, this just makes them look like losers who couldn't win a real fight. I'd love to see them get shot on.
>>
File: IT.jpg (7KB, 301x168px) Image search: [Google]
IT.jpg
7KB, 301x168px
>>2937749

KAYFABE, MOM!
>>
based young bucks exposing those bland nobodies for what they really are
>>
>>2937790
I am not mad, I was shaking my head at your stupidity. If you think you made some clever bait to make people mad, you are just dead wrong. You just seem... stupid, to be honest I don't have an adjective for you. Or maybe... sad? Yeah, that seem like a correct one.
>>
>>2937749
Not a fan of the Young Bucks but if you didn't find that funny then you must be a pretty miserable person.
>>
>>2937813
Uhh, that dude isn't the stupid one here.
Kayfabe has been dead for 20 years, and you're upset that these guys broke kayfabe.
They just shit on a WWE team, while appealing to people who own cell phones.
>>
>>2937813
It's not "epic bait", I genuinely don't get the appeal. The fact that you can't fathom that makes you the sad one.
>>2937823
It doesn't matter if kayfabe is no longer a thing, the fights should still at least be presented as real or else it's all a big joke, unless you think all matches should be like omega vs nine year old girl. Everyone knows movies/tv are fake but you don't see actors suddenly break character and go DUDE THIS IS ALL IMAGINARY.
>>
I thought their gimmick was copying BROKEN Matt Hardy while dressing like the Dynamic Dudes?
>>
>>2937749
Show me a single major wrestling organization where kayfabe isn't dead.
>>
>>2937749
>they wouldn't be over at all if they didn't do stuff like this
>they do it anyways and make so much money doing it

You dense retard. Do the world a favor and rid yourself from the gene pool.
>>
>>2938158
But pro-wrestling is no longer what it was when kayfabe was alive. The artform moved along, but somehow some people stay behind.
For example when movies added sound, that infuriated lot of people who called it heresy and artform dying. Same with color.
Prowrestling is no longer the same it was 50 years ago. It developed into subgenres and each promotion has distinct style. And in the same lieu every performer has different style, at least they should, why else should I pay money to watch them?
So for me - every pairing should have something different. Brock v Joe was different from Matt Riddle v KOR eventho they are similar in some ways. Young Bucks v RPG was different from Revival v DIY.
There are matches I want to see presented as fights. And there are matches I want see presented as something to move as along storylines of performers. And also there are matches that are jokes.

And Young Bucks are incarnation of what prowrestling is nowadays. It is fun passtime for people. It is a way how to unwind after stressful week. They have fun and you can see that on the way they perform. You can either hate them or love them, but you can see, they wouldn't be doing this if they didn't love it and had fun. It's their way of performing.
And if you hate this? Stop following them on twitter, stop following anyone talking about prowrestling. It's your choice to see what they say on social media. Block them, so you don't see their kind of modern work.
>>
>>2938158
>you don't see actors... IMAGINARY
Sometimes you do. It's called "breaking the fourth wall" and it is used as often in cinema today as dramatic irony was in the heyday of stage production.
Dramatic irony is where the audience is privy to info the characters are not.
>>
>>2938230
>worked into typing a thesis paper on kayfabe
>>
>>2938238
Nah, I just like discussing things with people. And also I use shitty boards as this to practice my English as only English native speakers left in my town are useless teachers.
>>
>>2938230
Holy shit.
Save this analytical power for things of consequence, brother.
Articulating this idea was a waste of your time, the same it was a waste of our time to read it, and it is a waste of my time to type this even now.

You're talking about wrestling being presented as a shoot through even heavier regulation and scripting.
>>
>>2938264
You know - I am having fun typing this shit out. And as I read what I just typed I can find several typos and mistakes I made, so it helps me.
>You're talking about wrestling being presented as a shoot through even heavier regulation and scripting.
Can you iterate on this? I quite don't get what you mean by it.
>>
>>2938230
>For example when movies added sound, that infuriated lot of people who called it heresy and artform dying. Same with color.
Literally untrue
>>
>>2938283
Alright, man. You do you.

You want certain matches presented as fights, others as something to move story lines, and others as jokes.
This is exactly what we have right now. You want it to be crisper? Cleaner, more clear cut? That is exactly what has led us to this wasteland of terrible scripts, and lackluster delivery.
So in essence, what you really want is for the wrestlers to be more heavily scripted than they already are.
>>
>>2938230
I don't follow wrestlers, someone autist I know in real life retweeted this.
>>2938235
Yeah and I find that kind of humor cringeworthy and wanted to know if anyone else thought the same way about them (since all I see is endless praise for them) hence the first ding dong diddly sentence of the thread.
>>
>>2937786

modern day wrestlers are pussies. Just kick them in the legs until they get the message.
>>
#WORKED

Based young bucks
>>
>>2938361
Agreed.
I'm an out of shape 25 year old, and I'm pretty sure I could whip half the roster just because I'm above average size for an adult male.
>>
>>2937749
I'm not really a fan of the Bucks, but I doubt they'd be so unprofessional as to no-sell
>>
>>2938339
Oh, I get now what you meant.
No.
You misunderstood me. I don't need anything to change from the way it is right now.
Let's create a show right now.
You can have your fun 10-man opener where everyone spams moves. After that you get your match that is more about the story happening to the people in the ring then the match itself, some heel runs in and fucks the babyface from getting a pin in the end or something like that. Then you have number one contendership for some belt, let's say tag belt of your promotion and that should be combination of story and a fight, it should end in winners calling out the champs and challenging them, creating interest for next show. And in the end you have main event. Audience should be fired up from semi-main and be ready for a great match. And that should be a fight.
You can put several matches before semi-main and storyline match to gauge interest of crowd in performers, you don't really need a story for some people that are not local so you don't know you can use them next time.

As you can see, I can even put some shitty Joey Ryan match on the show without hurting my main event, because that I am selling as a big time fight. I would use Young Bucks in the opener spot, to heat up the crowd, because they act screams: "use me to get crowd ready for a prowrestling night".
And scripts? Fuck them. Wrestlers are supposed to be good at improv, if you need something to be said, let them know. they know the best who they are, what their characters are, don't put words in their mouths, let them tell their own stories inside your own promotion.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.