[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are these games any good? I'm really tempted by being able

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: WWE2K18-Features-.jpg (88KB, 850x478px) Image search: [Google]
WWE2K18-Features-.jpg
88KB, 850x478px
Are these games any good?

I'm really tempted by being able to play it on a handheld.
>>
No.
>>
>>2935405
/thread
>>
>>2935405
Ah well, guess I'll wait until next year for another Switch game
>>
not even joking they all suck
>>
>>2935420
What's so bad about them?
>>
>>2935423
if you like WWE wrestling, they are fine.
>>
>>2935423
the engine is old and outdated
the pace of every match you have is slower than the wwe style
the commentary is abysmal
the online play is laggier than dick
you are only allowed to download 20 community creations per day
the community creations are LITTERED with terrible OC consisting of super tanned characters with billions of tattoos and terrible movesets
just overall id give the WWE 12 - 2K18 series a 2/10
>>
>>2935423
>engine from the 1990s (not an exaggeration)
>"simulation" gameplay that basically just means it's really slow paced and boring
>characters feel like they're floating
>all it takes to get a 5 star match is to wrestle for 20+ minutes
>AI is piss easy, even on the hardest difficulty
>controls are needlessly complicated, even simple actions can require multiple button presses that you must memorize
>horrible commentary (with lines from as far back as 2005!)
>horrible sound all around
>horrible graphics, WWE 2K17 looks closer to a PS3/Xbox 360 game than a PS4/Xbone game
>shittiest career mode out of any game, period (again, not an exaggeration)
>universe mode is filled with glitches that make it unplayable after a few months
>online is also unplayable

That's off the top of my head. I could keep going if I wanted to. The only good thing in the latest game is the creation capabilities, but then they limit your downloads to 20 per day and make searching impossible. Stay as far away from it as possible. I purchased it for 20 bucks and still feel ripped off.
>>
>>2935495

Any chance you'd be able to recommend a wrestling game for someone who wants to manage a brand/feuds but still play a match?
>>
>>2935504
smackdown vs. raw 2008 had a GM mode. Don't remember if it was any good or not, thought. Might be worth checking out.
>>
>>2935537
I remember the 2006 and 2007 GM modes being better. I think the 2008 version was really dumbed down, but it was like 10 years ago so I don't know for sure. I think it was the only one to also include ECW though, so it might be worth it for that.
>>
>>2935537
>>2935554
2008 was pretty bad. 06/07 were for sure the better games.
>>
>>2935415
They are apparently going to realse Pro wrestling world for the Switch later.
>>
>>2935495
>all it takes to get a 5 star match is to wrestle for 20+ minutes

To be fair sometime I get 100% in PW just vecause I had long matches.
>>
>>2935504

What I have done recently is play TEW and recreate the matches in Fire Pro Wrestling World
>>
How does 2K make a fucking NBA story mode good but can't make a decent wrestling game?
>>
>>2935771
They put effort in the NBA games, they don't even try with wrestling
>>
>he bought a switchetty
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.