[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think going back to the 90's era edgy-ness would feel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: KellyKelly_2017.jpg (163KB, 1080x1350px) Image search: [Google]
KellyKelly_2017.jpg
163KB, 1080x1350px
I think going back to the 90's era edgy-ness would feel like a step backwards and a little corny but at the same time, I'm sick and tired of the pg tameness of the current product. Whats the next logical step? I'm not sure what I really want. Maybe a hybrid of soap opera storylines from back in the day with the wrestling style of today.
>>
>he still hasn't realized that it's over for wrestling
wew lad
>>
File: IMG_1819.gif (423KB, 500x271px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1819.gif
423KB, 500x271px
>>2932588
The only wrestling fans right now are the hardcore and the ones that grew up with it. The majority of Millennials could care less about wrestling, and that is the same for generation X. It is a dying industry.
>>
>>2932588
Nu-metal will make a come back and when it does wrestling will be great again.
>>
>>2932588
Nu-metal will make a come back and when it does wrestling will be great again.
>>
I was listening to the Jim Cornette podcast and he had a guest talking about having to work a really shitty territory in like Dominica or Barbados or some shit, where the local fans would throw rocks at the end of the match.

He said that eventually Dusty was like "Fuck this, let's kill the territory so we never have to come back here again", and he went out and clowned an entire match, doing a mime where he rode an invisible motorcycle around the ring and then when he "ran out of gas", fell over and got pinned.

When I see invisible hand grenade matches, sex doll matches, school girl matches, or Hunter selling being knocked out on his feet for a minute and a half before falling over, I kind of think these guys are trying to kill their promotions without realising it.
>>
>>2933372
Sex dolls, school girls matches were don in DDT. And DDT is now drawing huge numbers in comparison before those happened.

Something weird and something to think about, before those kind of matches, they couldn't sell out Korauken. Now they are doing great business there. And they are doing more and more. I think they have Sumo Hall planned for their Peter Pan on 8/20 and I think they will do well there.
For their more important shows in Korauken they have 1200+ usually (dunno if it's worked number or not).
Last year for their Peter Pan they got 5400 in Sumo Hall, this year it will be even better (probably).
>>
>>2933400
This reads like a press release. Are you paid for these posts?
>>
>>2933405
Hey, I would love to be.

But I just posted the truth. Only the facts. As I said - I don't know how much they work their numbers. And they also run shows for around 200 or even less in literal basements.
So take whatever you want from those, comedy matches work, if you use them to draw fans and they stay for awesome world title matches. And if they become fans of promotion, you are still selling tickets, it doesn't matter if they are fans of comedy or of great pro-wrestling.
>>
>>2932604
>WWE puts out an awful product for nearly 2 decades
>"why don't we have any new fans?"
>>
>>2932588
sauce on dat ass?
>>
The next step is hopping off the dying wwe train and watching different promotions.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.