[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2015 Q1 + Q2 profits: $24.5 million 2016 Q1 + Q2 profits: $14.7

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 4

File: just.jpg (23KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
just.jpg
23KB, 480x360px
2015 Q1 + Q2 profits: $24.5 million
2016 Q1 + Q2 profits: $14.7 million
2017 Q1 + Q2 profits: $6 million

This is despite their TV rights fees going up each year. The fall in profit comes increasing 'Corporate and other expenses', legal costs, and lower live event revenue.

NXT and all of Triple H's various pet projects come under 'Corporate and other expenses' which has increased by $16 million in the last 3 years.
>>
Where did you get these figures
>>
kek Paul's 3D e-fed is killing the company.
>>
>>2930497
>citation needed
>>
File: 1497384224424.png (270KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1497384224424.png
270KB, 700x700px
PLEASE DELETE THIS
DON'T GIVE THEM AMMO
WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY IS THIS HAPPENING
>>
>>2930509
Not the OP, but here is a TL for the whole conference: https://twitter.com/WONF4W
>>
New Japan made ~$4.1 million in profit last FY on revenue of ~$32 million.

Just shows how inefficiently WWE is ran.
>>
I guess paying TNA failures 7 figures to wrestle in 100 seat Florida high school gyms is not what's best for business.
>>
>>2930497
posted this in another thread but on 403m revenue, that's a 1.5% (rounded up) profit margin. that's fucking terrible for any corporation, let alone one with such massive revenue

cutting pyro is just a drop in the bucket compared to the expenses they need to cut
>>
>>2930497
>NXT and all of Triple H's various pet projects come under 'Corporate and other expenses'
Actually I heard it's because every McMahon has a private jet they use for managing shows/live appearances.

So even though at most Raw/SDL shows Vince, Trippple Man, Stef and Shane are all back stage, Vince has his own jet, Paul and Stef have theirs, and Shane has his. Utter waste of money.
>>
Can't wait for Meltz's take on this. You guys can hate on him for his lack of SCOOPZ, but no one is better at analyzing the business of the business
>>
>>2930570
WWE has 1 (one) private jet.
>>
>>2930570
Based big jets McMahons pissing away all their revenue
>>
>>2930578
Vince has his own, Stef has her own, Shane has his own. WWE has one.

You can bet they're charging the company for travel.
>>
>>2930570
I heard Meltzer mention that months ago, got a link?
>>
>>2930607
>Vince has his own, Stef has her own, Shane has his own. WWE has one.
You seem confused. Does WWE have one private jet and everyone else has their own personal one not owned by the company, or does WWE own multiple jets, one for each person?

I will solve it for you: WWE has 1 (one) private jet.

https://nigeriastandardnewspaper.com/ng/revealed-inside-triple-hs-private-jet-of-27-5millionafter-wwe-borrows-32m-from-rbs-asset-finance-wwe-warns-honor-not-to-use-jet-as-a-taxi-service-or-fly-th/
>>
>>2930614
>I heard Meltzer mention that

Who would actually say something as pathetic as this in real life?
>>
>>2930497
I've heard Meltzer say NXT is a money losing operation
>>
File: 1497927906279.jpg (19KB, 246x284px) Image search: [Google]
1497927906279.jpg
19KB, 246x284px
Based Big Dog killing the company.
>>
>>2930552

So NJPW makes almost as many dimes as WWE.
>>
>>2930625
Okay? Are you aware of how corporate expenses work?
>>
>Bill Goldberg was a succe-
>>
>>2930625

That's what he said. He said that the others own their jets but most likely bill the company on travel expenses.

The money to fly back and forth to Stamford to Raw every week isn't coming out of Vince's bank account.
>>
>>2930625
>Company wants you in X location at Y time
>Say yes
>Charge company for the use of your private jet as a travel expense

????
>>
People will still argue that the Reigns centric booking is benefiting the company

>Merch down, despite Reigns push in merch circle
>House show attendance down, despite Reigns push in house circuit
>TV ratings down, despite Reigns push on TV
>PPV attendance down, despite Reigns push in PPV circuit
>>
>>2930625
>You can bet they're charging the company for travel.
>>
>>2930668
this

they don't need to own 3 planes to get fucked when they are paying the gasoline bill for 3 planes daily
>>
>>2930570
Don't forget Brock gets his own jet paid for by WWE
>>
>>2930625
God, you are a dense fucker,
>>
BBD working the WWE into bankruptcy
>>
>roman reigns the face of raw
>jinder the champion of smackdown
>meanwhile ufc on record highs with mcgregor who is also about to do boxing's biggest show ever

Wow it's almost if non whites don't draw or something
>>
>>2930653
>>2930655
>>2930658
>>2930668
charging travel costs is not in the same ballpark as owning a private jet - which costs shitloads even when it's grounded.

Paying travel fees for the C suite execs is not going to harm the company. Running multiple jets would. However, we know they only have one jet. So say again what your point actually was - because it wasn't that private jets are bankrupting the company, was it?
>>
>>2930829
>meanwhile ufc on record highs

ummmmm no it isn't
>>
>>2930781
based BMBBD
>>
WWE may die before Vince at this rate. LMAO
>>
>>2930829
No the new owner of UFC is pretty pissed because they haven't made sales they were expecting when they bought the company
>>
>>2930845
Did you even read the posts discussed?

>So say again what your point actually was - because it wasn't that private jets are bankrupting the company, was it?

It was
>>2930570
>Actually I heard it's because every McMahon has a private jet they use for managing shows/live appearances.
>So even though at most Raw/SDL shows Vince, Trippple Man, Stef and Shane are all back stage, Vince has his own jet, Paul and Stef have theirs, and Shane has his. Utter waste of money.

And further
>You can bet they're charging the company for travel.

What exactly is YOUR point? That because they don't own it, they don't pay the business expenses of getting the McMahons to and from shows?
>>
>>2930497
Revenue for April 1 - June 30 was $214,600,000 (highest ever)
Profit was $5,100,000 (was $800,000 in Q2 2016)
WWE Network subscriptions brought in $49,100,000 (was $45,900,000 in Q2 2016)
>>
>>2930845
$10 per jet per trip
>>
>>2930943
$10k*
>>
>>2930941
>WWE Network subscriptions brought in $49,100,000 (was $45,900,000 in Q2 2016)
That's only slightly ahead of inflation.

Also how can they make so much money and make so little profit?
>>
>>2930948
By paying stupid salaries for people like lesnar
>>
>>2930855
>>2930918

McGregor is their top draw, you can't dispute this. It's blacks like Jones and Johnson dragging the company down since surprise surprise no one wants to see them.
>>
It'll all balance out when those billion indians get the network.
>>
>>2930497
Wwe is the only show that does the opposite of what fans want.
>>
>>2930978
Indians will probably just stop watching wwe if they don't get the pay per views on free tv anymore
>>
Based big dog working the finances into a shoot
>>
>>2930497

based Trips burying the WWE Universe. GOAT
>>
>>2930829
>>2930967
>seriously arguing that only white wrestlers/fighters draw

Wow. I know racefags are retards but damn.
>>
>>2931042
In western countries where whites make up the majority of people with disposable income whites absolutely have more drawing power than non whites.

Just like in Japan how a strong Japanese contender or champion will out draw a foreign one.

The fact you seem to think whites are somehow different to every other group on the planet is some twisted doublethink
>>
>>2931052
The Rock, Tyson, Mayweather and Ali would like a word. I don't know about the rest of the world but Americans definitely don't have a problem giving money to a sport with a black as its masthead for atleast 30 years now.
>>
>>2930829
Floyd Mayweather is the A-side of the fight you pea-brained mongrel. He's the biggest combat sports draw of this era by far.
>>
>>2931063
>>2931067
And if those guys were white they would have been even bigger draws. And just fucking compare the audience reaction to Ali in africa to Ali anywhere else fag

>>2931068
Learn to read you dumb nigger
>>
File: SamoaJoeAnoai.jpg (69KB, 399x384px) Image search: [Google]
SamoaJoeAnoai.jpg
69KB, 399x384px
>>2931052
>>2931042
When foreigners are champs, theyre heels. They dont draw. Their white babyface title chaser draws. Period.
>>
>>2931078
But they aren't white, and you said non-whites don't draw, so you've already contradicted yourself. Take your mental illness elsewhere, preferably to /pol/.
>>
The "hardcore fanbase" that they assumed would always be there no matter what they did is leaving. Not all of them, not yet. But enough to make an impact. They can turn to India and China if they want. But the direction of this programming will eventually drive all the smarks and a good portion of the remaining adult audience away. Kids and their parents are a good market, but they alone can't support WWE as it is now.
It'll be interesting to see what happens.
>>
>>2930497
WWE BTFO!
>>
>>2931080
Pro Wrestling logic no longer applies to WWE. WWE is no longer a pro wrestling promotion.
>>
>>2931067
Floyd is the heel. People just pay to see a woman beater taste his first defeat. Based Floyd working the normies out of their money
>>
BASED GAYTCH WORKING VINCE'S POCKETS WITH HIS MONEY SINK VANITY PROJECT THAT COSTS MILLIONS OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS AND BLEEDS MILLIONS AND MILLIONS OF DOLLARS
>>
It's time to get rid of this sports entertainment nonsense, get rid of midgets and womyn, and get back to wrasslin
>>
>>2930497

I blame Michael Cole.
>>
>>2930497
WWE is dead.
>>
>>2932532
Developmental always cost them money,you people need to calm down, NXT makes much more money back than any other developmental they ever had, and is a big part of why people actually get the Network.

HHH was also behind bringing in the few people that actually kept some people watching during Roman's terrible run.

Without NXT the WWE would be utterly fucked right now. It's a miracle they even scraped a profit with costs for their Network, the brand split which they intentionally sabotaged, increased marketing worldwide like in India China and Japan which is all failing, and extending their reach in the UK which didn't faik but didn't take off either after they put the brakes on it, oh,and starting a whole CW division and intentionally making that suck too, along with paying ridiculous contracts to certain people to show up a few times.

And Jinder has done okay as champ, SD i still doing better than RAW most nights despite being intentionally sabotaged as well. There's a reason he didn't lose the belt yet and they pay for two sidekicks and Khali as well as various props and all that bs even though they don't pay for pyro anymore.
>>
>>2932572
>increased marketing worldwide like in India...
>...which is failing
>Jinder has done okay as champ
what did he mean by this ?
>>
>>2932572
>NXT is a big part of why people actually get the Network.
Do you have viewership numbers to back this up?
>>
>>2932599
I mean this is purely anecdotal, but NXT and Takeovers are the only reason I have a sub at this point.
>>
>wwe quarterly earnings are out

can anyone translate these jew runes?
>>
>>2932599
>>2932600
I only have the network for pay per views (takeovers included).

I don't even watch the old shit (outside of showing my brother in law a few Mick Foley matches one time) let alone nxt or their original content
>>
>Top baby face of the company is someone most fans hate.
>Half the male roster is under 6' tall.
>Keep promoting women's wrestling into the limelight.
>Profits decline.

Wow, I'm completely shocked.

It's like they don't know their audience at all.
>>
>>2930497
>Haitch getting some improvement with his NXT project
>Vince doesn't care
>Sees this report
welp time for Vince to squash HHH's project :(
>>
>>2932646
But the most over guys of the last decade-isH were Punk, Bryan & Styles
>>
>>2930645
No, you're an idiot. NJPW made $4million ALL YEAR. WWE made $6million just in the second quarter of the this year.
>>
>>2933589
New Japan also didn't put on nearly as many shows or spend nearly as much $$$
>>
>>2932621
Based anon making sure his brother in law has a nice day
>>
>>2932646
>Half the male roster is under 6' tall

If you genuinely think that has anything to do with people not tuning in you are fucking delusional.
>>
>>2933671
>Heightmarks
>delusional

Pick both.
>>
>>2932572
>NXT makes much more money back than any other developmental they ever had, and is a big part of why people actually get the Network.
Source
>>
>>2931063
>>2931105
He didn't say non-whites DIDN'T draw, he said whites draw MORE.
The state of your reading comprehension, boyo.
(he's right, by the way)
>>
>>2933702
It's one of the most watched original shows on their Network every week.

Previous developmentals couldn't even pull a 4-figure crowd
>>
>>2933718
If only The Rock was white

Imagine how much more he could've drawn
>>
>>2933721
Might've pushed him into Austin-tier teebeehaytch
>>
>>2933719
Too bad it can't pull a 1-figure profit.
>>
>>2930666
>Reigns centric booking

End this meme. He's been feuding with Rusev and Braun in the upper-midcard for the last year.

Fucking Brocketty and Oldberg have been the face of Raw. They should be taking the blame.
>>
>>2930829
McGregor is the Jannetty of the Mayweather fight.

Based Money blows UFC shitter buyrates out of the water
>>
>>2933718

>>2930829
>Wow it's almost if non whites don't draw or something

>calling out someone else's reading comprehension when yours has clearly and utterly failed you
>>
So far New Japan also made 6.000.000 $ (from 32 mil to 38 mil)
Like E-drones claim, "Who Japan" is small leagues but yet made as much as WWE so far in this year
>>
Hey dummies! Maybe they wrote a bunch of shit off or settled some lawsuits or some shit
>>
>>2933589
and this is from a company that doesnt have a weekly show and hosts all of their shows on an island smaller than the mass of texas.
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.