[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>New Japan isn't interested in holding any events in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: new_japan.jpg (616KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
new_japan.jpg
616KB, 1920x1080px
>New Japan isn't interested in holding any events in the US during Wrestlemania weeked because they don't want to look like they're piggybacking off WWE
Is this a mistake? Even indies can draw gates in the thousands during WM weekend. New Japan could probably do 10 thousand or more..
>>
>>2928959
Have you seen how long it took them to attempt to expand in the states?
Have you seen how timid they've been about it?
NJPW can run a promotion great but have no clue on how to be competitive, this is nothing new.

>yfw the young bucks do a better job at expanding your brand thru an edgy retailer.
>>
Who cares nibba they make the dimes in Japan not in Burgerland
>>
>>2928959
From what I've heard, NJPW has no interest in trying to compete with WWE. They're working on building infrastructure for expansion, but it's going to be a couple years at least before they have a foundation in the US. They're taking their time, which is fine. Hopefully that means they'll do it right.
>>
>>2928959
They're playing it slow and steady, New Japan doesn't need to push another US Tour so soon when one just happened and was a big success. Why should they hold another event during Wrestlemania, just because WWE are in town?
>>
>>2928982
Tama Tonga's promo while being a work had so much cringe support.

>why can't we host an international tournament with multiple people in arena's/places around the globe, who cares that like 70% of those at the G1 special in america were fly ins?

Stupid. NJPW could probably be a bit more aggressive with it, but them going slowly means they're at least thinking heavily about every step.
>>
>>2928982
They're working on building better access for English-speaking audiences rather than strictly American. They'll definitely have more shows and events in the US next year but it'll take longer to really build their own stage for the US market. I don't care about them trying to go head to head with WWE until they've really established themselves here.
>>
>>2928959
>everyone is tired of rassling because Mania
>lets have a huge event again guys!
not a good idea desu
>>
>>2928986
>Why should they hold another event during Wrestlemania, just because WWE are in town?
That and about a million worldwide rasslin fans ready to drop cash.
>>
File: wizard.jpg (378KB, 400x580px) Image search: [Google]
wizard.jpg
378KB, 400x580px
don't question Kidani. he knows that he's doing
>>
>>2928959
Huge mistake. They could make easy money and boost their profile. But pride goeth before a fall.
>>
>>2928959
I wouldn't say it's a mistake. More like not taking advantage of a really good opportunity to get your brand exposed to other wrestlefags.
But saying they don't wanna piggyback off wwe is fucking stupid since they literally piggybacked ROH for their US shows.
>>
>>2929002

>Kiddaani

What did they mean by this?
>>
Wrestling fans are ready for an alternative. The iron is incredibly hot. By the time they get around to a true US expansion, their stars are going to be old and worn out.
>>
>>2929017
Everyone there for WM would probably know what NJPW is. I think what thy are thinking of is making sure NJPW isn't perceived as a small fish or Indie Oulaw shit, they want their shows to be big shit as opposed to the equivalent of a dark match before WM

That said I dont know if I personally agree with the decision either, but I don't run NJPW and don't really give a damn so whatever.
>>
>>2929017
Wat? They didn't piggyback ROH besides using their talent as cannon fodder, ROH doesn't even run California.
>>
>>2928994
>a million worldwide rasslin fans ready to drop cash

Which they would ultimately be sharing with a million other feds, and WWE. They already made their money without outside help.
>>
They don't want to be seen as just another bingo fed sucking WWEs teat which is understandable.
>>
>>2928959

bought a new fire stick. New amazon acocunt, only thing ever purchased was the fire stick.

NJPW app was a recommended app.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.