[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright, fuck it. I'm done. NJPW lads, how do I get started?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3

File: SJWDown.jpg (123KB, 726x410px) Image search: [Google]
SJWDown.jpg
123KB, 726x410px
Alright, fuck it. I'm done.

NJPW lads, how do I get started? Can I watch in English?
>>
>>2927922
Yeah JR is the english commentator. I recommend watching it Japanese. The announcers sell it better and you eventually start to learn the language. I'm the top student in Japanese 1 because I've watched hours of NJPW.

I recommend starting with Shibata.
>>
>>2927938
>I recommend watching it in Japanese... you eventually start to learn the language
lmao
>>
>>2927922
All of the PPV shows are in English along with some other big televised shows. Most of their small shows are not in English, but the Jap announcers are still entertaining just hearing them pop off for shit even if you don't understand it. I don't pay attention to them much anyway.

Start watching the matches taking place now for the G1 tournament if you don't feel like going far back and catching up.
>>
>>2927938
>I recommend watching it Japanese. The announcers sell it better and you eventually start to learn the language
you are retarded
>>
>>2927938
>Yeah JR is the english commentator
No, he's not. Cyrus and Kelly are actually employed by NJPW.
>>
>>2927938
>you eventually start to learn the language
No you don't, baka
>>
>>2927922
Don't watch with english commentary, it's cancer.
>>
>>2927945
I know Spanish so I started recognizing words like 'brazo' during arm drags. Not everyone is a disappointment in life like you, stop projecting.

>>2927980
Your parents are cousins. It's called language immersion. I know kids who learned fluent Japanese from watching subtitled anime.

>>2927985
JR does the AXS TV weekly show and did the G1 Special.

>>2928046
If you consciously make an effort to recognize words in a setting where they will be repeated over and over you will learn them, desu.
>>
>>2927938
>Jr commentator
>Learn the language through searching Japanese

You lying, dense cunt
>>
>>2927922

>I posted it again lol
>>
>>2928121
http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2017/0622/627354/jim-ross-on-working-for-wwe-and-njpw-simultaneously/

You're that idiot in class who doesn't do any of the reading but argues with people during lecture. Shut the fuck up or at least paraphrase me correctly. Searching Japanese? Are you a poo?
>>
>>2928137
>>2928137
Holy fuck you're actually not baiting. This was a g1 SPECIAL which was in America over a weekend. That's like saying fucking Kevin Owens commentates cos he's a special guest every once in a while. Absolute state of your arrogance
>>
>>2928160
He heard the story of KO learning words from English JR commentary (KO was learning English at school at the same time) and thought it'd sound cool to say he did it just from listening to commentary.
>>
>>2928146
>JR is the commentator on AXS TV's weekly NJPW show
Are you too poor for satellite tv? I doubt you even watch NJPW.

>>2928160
I didn't say functional but I was able to learn basic vocab that gave me a leg up in Japanese I, desu.
>>
>>2928165
>nobody in the history of the world has ever learned a language from listening to it

muh murica
>>
>>2928168
>>2928168
Literally nobody who follow s njpw watches that. It's a 'best of' recap type show... didn't think you'd be as dense to include that lmao. If you're watching that and count it you're mentally ill.

Also Jr is shit on njpw commentary
>>
>>2928188
>argues that JR is not a commentary for NJPW
>Says JR is a shit commentator for NJPW
Autism at it's best.
>>
>>2928199
Or your reading comprehension is absolutely fucking abysmal. I said jr commentated the g1 special. Buffoon
>>
>>2928171
I can safely say that nobody has ever learned a language by sitting on his ass in his tmnt undies and watching wrestling. and I'll tell ya why 1. you learn a languahe by using it not just hearing (btw immersion doesn't mean watching cartoons in the language of your choice) and 2. you're watching fucking wrestling. When in holy hell are ya ever going to need to know the japanese word for "suplex" ya bozo?

Do me a favor, go buy an english to jap dictionary and translate this phrase "get a clue"
>>
>>2928204
>attacks reading comprehension
>thinks a commentating a weekly show does not count as being a commentator
the state of (You)

>>2928207
>projecting your life
you still wear briefs and live at home? is your mom hot?

You do realize people have learned basic English all around the world by watching American movies and listening to our music right?
>>
>>2927938
>The announcers sell it better and you eventually start to learn the language

that only works on Latin based languages. Kevin Owens said he learned english from watching a ton of wrestling growing up.

But yah that wouldnt work on something like Japanese or Russian.
>>
>>2928244
>Telling someone jr commentates the show which nobody watches as it's a 'best of' show and not live commentary so is completely pointless

If Vince McMahon suddenly did a non live recording of some matches which happened in the last few weeks and stuck it on a shit network/YouTube you wouldn't tell someone who is new to the wwe 'mcmahon commentates' you pleb.
>>
>>2927938
Clicked this thread because I thought it had some potential for at least a laugh.

I was not fucking disappointed. I'm cringing so hard it hurts baka desu kawaii cone-ichi-wah.
>>
>>2927922
based smackdown working people who are done
>>
>>2927922
how to get started

stop taking showers
lock yourself in a basement
get fat
>>
>>2928295
It's almost as by being exposed to Japanese culture on the internet taught you a few words...
>>
>>2928325
based japanese culture teaching us a few words
>>
>>2927922
>Cena vs Jinder
meh, could be decent
>Nakamura vs Jinder
disaster waiting to happen
>>
>all these edrones who only speak 1 language

I speak 5 languages thanks to wrestling, brainlets.
>>
>>2927938
>Watch lucha underground

Wtf I can speak Mexican now
>>
>>2928353
Let's be real, someone will interfere in what could be a cool match, and it'll be a triple threat.
>>
>>2927948
>announcer pops

The best is when there is no translation or it's a proper noun.

>Hehe I jsbdbjdk jsjfbdj xjisjs naljcvneo oabdj CATTLE MUTILATION!!! hdk chdjk abhd jc
>>
>>2928421
And you speak American so well already.

>>2929007
Cena gets it and then Boring cashes in
>>
I am from Japan.

Nobody learns Japanese from watching crap, it just helps if you can hear stuff you already studied.

Absolutely nobody learned fluent Japanese from watching anime. It's impossible if you actually understand how the language works. You're not Rainman autistically figuring out what every word means, how particles work, how to conjugate verbs, what idioms mean, what the thousands of kanji you need to even simple stuff are, what is タメ語、標語、尊敬語、謙譲語、大阪弁、etc...

Ridiculous.

And nobody learns English from movies, even Japanese with high level English have trouble understanding a movie.

There are very, VERY few people who are foreign and have fluent Japanese, even those living and studying for years are still very bad if you know the language and can compare yourself. Most almost-fluent people are Chinese and sometimes Korean. Others fake it and bs to other 外人 but anyone Japanese can tell. And even then, after all that studying, you are still 常識知らず because you don't know how Japanese society works, how to talkto people and make friends, and how to conduct yourself, so these people end up only hanging out with other foreigners or Japanese who speak English and forgive the fact that they can't do things the proper Japanese way.

Cliffs:
Stop bullshitting, study Japanese for real, try to make friends with Japanese who don't speak English and don't like 外人。And talking like an anime character or trying to be cool like 内藤 will only.make people think you are f'ing stupid.
>>
File: mv01.jpg (48KB, 592x179px) Image search: [Google]
mv01.jpg
48KB, 592x179px
>>2927922
Welcome brother Chad!

>>http://njpwworld.com/
>>
>>2929066
Based
>>
>>2929066
This.
how do you evaluate kenny omega's japanese?
>>
File: 1459179996701.jpg (14KB, 238x192px) Image search: [Google]
1459179996701.jpg
14KB, 238x192px
>>2927945
>>2927980
>>2928046
>>2928121
>>2928169
>>2928270
>>2928295
>>2928421

Proof that /asp/ is overrun with retards, you absolutely can learn a different language through listening to it enough over time, assuming you (not You) have some common sense and actually want to learn. Anime as a whole is half responsible for a lot of students learning Japanese. Rasslin' is really no different in this context, along with music and other media.
>>
>>2929132
based retards working the smarks
>>
>>2929066
You got this from reddit
>>
I hear this shit all the time about how you can watch this without english commentary but good god damn I just wanna know what people are saying sometimes. Especially the wrestlers when they're having their little promos after the match, standing in the ring and then being interviewed.

I'm finally catching up to Day 5 so from here on out I know I'm not gonna be having Don and Kev to handhold me anymore. Luckily, they've explained quite a bit about the participants so I hope that's enough to get me through.
>>
>>2929363
based weebs working the smarks
>>
>>2928207
"Suplex" is Japanese for "Suplex"
>>
>>2929132
no you can't you absolute fucking retard because listening and speaking are two entirely different skills.
>>
ITT: People who can speak only 1 language tell bilingual people how to and how not to learn languages.
>>
>>2927922
Start with either Wrestle Kingdom 11 or if you want to get up to whats currently happening as soon as possible start with G1 USA or G1 Climax 27 Day 1. You can watch in english except during some minor shows.
>>
>>2929744
When the guy who originally posted the comment about learning to speak it, it's implied that he meant understand. Read a book.
>>
>>2929755

this
>>
>>2929344
>being an EOP in 2017
>>
>>2929137

I don't go to Reddit, feel free to post a link to where I supposedly copied that from.

>>2929130

It's functional, but still slow and broken.
I don't think it's good to criticize anyone's ability, as long as they are trying, but faking it on the internet is another thing. If you want to learn just try and don't be shy even if you suck, no Japanese person will judge you, only other foreigners who want to be the special 外人 I see them do that, just ignore them.
>>
>>2929025
>ching chong ching chong RAAAAINMAKAAAAAA!!!
>>
>>2927922
1. Read Dave Meltzer's newsletter cover to cover
2. Memorise his opinions on these interchangeable "tough guys" with the physiques of a school child
3. That's literally it.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.